ChrisWeigant.com

Biden's New Year's Resolution

[ Posted Tuesday, January 11th, 2022 – 16:51 UTC ]

[Program Note: Due to external events I was busy today and hadn't even intended to write a column. This is going to be an abbreviated one (more like an extended comment), just to warn everyone.]

 

While I was busy with some other important things today, I managed to catch President Joe Biden's speech on voting rights from Atlanta, Georgia. To make a long story short: I was glad I did.

This makes twice since the dawn of the new year that Biden has made very effective use of the presidential bully pulpit, in fact. His speech on last year's insurrection was downright astonishing, and today's was even better.

I don't have the time right now to give my full reactions to the speech, but if you haven't seen it, take a half an hour and watch it -- and I bet you'll be glad you did, too.

Biden was, in a word, historic today. Civil rights and voting rights are weighty subjects indeed, especially in Atlanta. Biden issued a clear challenge not just to Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, but to every serving senator: history will judge you for this vote. Biden also (for the first time) clearly and directly took a stance that voting rights bills should not be blocked by arcane Senate rules -- and if the rules needed changing, then that was what had to happen. This represents a huge change for Biden, who is an institutionalist when it comes to the chamber he served in for so long.

As he was in last week's speech, Biden was downright passionate -- a word that doesn't normally spring to mind when watching him speak.

It is, of course, debatable whether it will do any good or not. We'll have to see, over the course of the next few days. It is also debatable how influential any president's bully pulpit can even be any more, but up until now Biden has barely even tried to fire up his own supporters and shame the opposition in this fashion. And what is not debatable is that an unused bully pulpit is guaranteed not to do any president any good.

I'm not sure if Biden or his communications team made a new year's resolution to at least make the best attempt possible to speak directly to the American people (and recalcitrant Democratic senators) in this way, but I'd like to think that it is true. I'd also like to hope that this newfound fire in the belly from Biden doesn't fade away like so many new year's resolutions seem to have a way of doing. For now, the change has been remarkable. Let's hope it continues past the first few weeks of the year, that's all I can say.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

99 Comments on “Biden's New Year's Resolution”

  1. [1] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Chris,

    Have you been listening also to what Gabriel Sterling, the Georgia state elections official responsible for writing most of this new Georgia elections law?

    While I agree that this was one of Biden's best speeches as president and I saw glimpses of the old Biden that I will always love, the speech would have been much better if it hadn't mischaracterized the new Georgia election law as being a voter suppression and election subversion law, just adding to all of the misinformation and weaponization of election administration by Republicans and Democrats, alike, albeit to different degrees.

    I have been listening to Sterling ever since his famous press conference where he called out the actions and lies of Trump as being dangerous to the point where someone will get killed.

    If Biden wishes to bring the country together then it would have been much better for him to leave Georgia out of his speech or speak the truth about it.

  2. [2] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Here is a clip of Sterling explaining the law and expressing frustration over how both parties are using the Georgia election law for pure politics.

  3. [3] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Liz,

    I’ve listened to Mr. Sterling in interviews quite a bit, and for the most part he seems to be an honorable guy. And while I agree when I first read the Georgia voting bill that was passed, I did not think the changes it made was going to prevent people from voting. However, the law greatly opened the door for the voters’ ballots to simply be ignored by the State legislature and without demanding much evidence to support such a move.

    Also, the Republican’s love to talk about how great it is that everyone is being treated the same when it comes to ballot boxes now that all voting districts are required to have only one available to voters during an election. Great for small town districts that never had one, sure; but Fulton County has over 1 million people living in it and their voters have become accustomed to ballot boxes being available to them in many areas for years. So instead of walking a block to drop off your ballot, you will have to take a bus to the one and only drop box in the county. I love that they act like they actually believe a one-size-fits-all solution is “fair” for everyone.

  4. [4] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Russ,

    I don't know enough about the new Georgia election law and I'm sure Sterling doesn't highlight all of the flaws in the law that are easily exploited. But, that doesn't excuse Biden from mischaracterizing it the way he did today.

  5. [5] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I couldn't agree more, though, when you say that a one size fits all is not always the fairest thing ... in fact, it can be the complete opposite!

    Sometimes, to be treated fairly and equally means to be treated differently.

  6. [6] 
    Michale wrote:

    Liz...

    WOW...

    While I agree that this was one of Biden's best speeches as president and I saw glimpses of the old Biden that I will always love, the speech would have been much better if it hadn't mischaracterized the new Georgia election law as being a voter suppression and election subversion law, just adding to all of the misinformation and weaponization of election administration by Republicans and Democrats, alike, albeit to different degrees.

    I couldn't believe I read this from you... Kudos for being dead on ballz accurate and calling a spade a spade, even though it was likely personally distressing for you to do so..

    Here are some more facts about GA's election law that are inconvenient to the Democrats' "Jim Crow 2.0" claim..

    The new GA law actually makes it easier for people to vote.. We know this is factually accurate because voter turnout INCREASED by 17% in the last election..

    Delaware, Joe Biden's home state, has STRICTER voting laws than Georgia...

    So, if Joe Biden wants to campaign his new federal take-over of constitutionally mandated state run elections, he should have done it in Delaware..

    The simple fact is, the push for a federal take-over of constitutionally mandated state run elections has one goal and one goal only..

    To make it easier for Democrats to cheat.. It's really that simple...

  7. [7] 
    Michale wrote:

    Sometimes, to be treated fairly and equally means to be treated differently.

    O M G!!!

    Have I slipped into some alternate reality that Weigantia has become Michale Nirvana???

    Or has our little détente we achieved yesterday bore so much fruit so quickly?? :D

    Liz, I could not possibly agree with you more here..

  8. [8] 
    Michale wrote:

    Let's go for a trifecta here... :D

    Liz, what's your thoughts on photo ID required for voting??

    I mean, these days you need a photo ID for almost EVERY ASPECT of your life.. And I can prove that..

    Stick your photo ID in an envelope and leave it un-touched for a week.. Go about your daily business.. I am betting it would be no more than a day, maybe 2 before you would need your ID..

    Requiring a photo ID to vote is no different than requiring someone be breathing to vote.. It's something we do/have anyways, so requiring it a difference which makes no difference and, therefore, IS no difference..

  9. [9] 
    Michale wrote:

    "I know where I stand. I will not yield. I will not flinch. I will defend your right to vote and our democracy against all enemies foreign and domestic. And so the question is where will the institution of United States Senate stand?"
    -Joe Biden

    Hmmmmm That sounds suspiciously like...

    "I’m never going to raise the white flag and surrender. We’re going to beat this virus. We’re going to get it under control, I promise you."

    We know Biden capitulated on COVID.. All of the sudden, COVID is now a STATEs problem and will not be solved by any Federal program...

    One has to wonder if Biden is going to do the same flip flop on voting..

    If he does what's right, he will..

  10. [10] 
    Michale wrote:

    Out of respect for our previous agreement, Liz... I'll limit my comments today to just those subjects that REALLY interest me...

    Abortion, 6 Jan, LEOs, Blatant Democrat Hypocrisy...

    As opposed to commenting about anything and everything that strikes my fancy.. :D

    We'll see how it goes... :D

  11. [11] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    Why do you care about abortion?

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    Why do you care about abortion?

    Because the Democrat hypocrisy of going from "Safe, Legal and RARE" to #SHOUT OUT your baby killing and #CELEBRATE infanticide just royally pissed me off..

    And you know how I get when I get pissed off.. :D

  13. [13] 
    Michale wrote:

    just royally pissed me off..

    "You see, there was this guy named Job and Job had a good life but then it was all taken away.. A pleading Job asked why, after a lifetime of devout worship, why it's all taken away.. Job waits... And just as he's convinced that God isn't gonna answer him, a thunderhead forms in the sky. Lightning flashes and a deep thundering voice calls down from the heavens...

    'Job... I guess there's just something about you that pisses me off!'...."
    -Tim Daly, STORM OF THE CENTURY

    :D

  14. [14] 
    Michale wrote:

    Speaking of 6 Jan..

    When asked if there were any active FBI agents or informants within the groups that attacked the US Capitol building, Jill Sanborn, executive assistant director of the FBI’s national security branch state that she would not give any information about that..

    That's very interesting.. She didn't claim she didn't know, she just claimed she won't say anything...

    So, from that we can determine that YES, there were FBI agents and informants mixed in with the crowd that attacked the US Capitol.. So, now the only question is twofold..

    HOW MUCH influence did these FBI agents and informants have over the incident???

    And why didn't these agents STOP the attack??

    Now, allow me to put this into context for ya'all...

    Suppose we had learned that, during the 22 years (collectively) of BLM and AntiFa riots and attacks on HUNDREDS of government buildings all over the country, but specifically during the President Trump years, it was learned that President Trump's FBI had infiltrated BLM and AntiFa to the extent that FBI agents and informants had an ACTIVE roll in the hundreds of attacks on government buildings all over the country..

    Now, I want ya'all to close your eyes and imagine the hysterical OUTCRY from the Left Wingery if this occurred...

    Thereby once again proving with FACTS.. The Left's hysterical reaction to 6 Jan is *SOLELY* and *COMPLETELY* based on NOTHING but a partisan agenda and has NOTHING to do with any actual support for America's institutions or LEOs in general...

    There ya go... Not a BOLD face in the entire comment.. :D

    OK Moving on to abortion.. :D

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    Abortion, 6 Jan, LEOs, Blatant Democrat Hypocrisy...

    Of course, we need to add COVID to that list above, eh??

    Although, that might be covered under Blatant Democrat Hypocrisy, eh??

    Come to think of it, ALL the subjects could be listed under Blatant Democrat Hypocrisy... :D Funny how that is, eh??

    "I just think that's funny... But ya'all ain't laughin'..."
    -Will Smith, MEN IN BLACK

    :D

  16. [16] 
    Michale wrote:

    Russ,

    Also, the Republican’s love to talk about how great it is that everyone is being treated the same when it comes to ballot boxes now that all voting districts are required to have only one available to voters during an election. Great for small town districts that never had one, sure; but Fulton County has over 1 million people living in it and their voters have become accustomed to ballot boxes being available to them in many areas for years. So instead of walking a block to drop off your ballot, you will have to take a bus to the one and only drop box in the county. I love that they act like they actually believe a one-size-fits-all solution is “fair” for everyone.

    Georgia has twice as many early voting days as Delaware does...

    Funny how you ignore that fact and don't complain about Delaware's limited voted schedule, eh? :D

    "Gee!! I wonder why that is!!??"
    -Kevin Spacey, THE NEGOTIATOR

    :D

    You see, it's ALL about partisan politics and has NOTHING to do with protecting the vote integrity...

  17. [17] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    Like a colleague of mine says, "i support abortion up to 18 years"

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    Like a colleague of mine says, "i support abortion up to 18 years"

    Heh...

    OK, as promised, here is some commentary on abortion..

    I am going to try something new.. Instead of a single subject (in this case abortion) being dragged out thru 20 comments, I am going to *TRY* to get everything all covered in 1 comment.. I might not succeed as oft times, new information becomes available that is relevant.. But let's give it a shot, eh??

    First up...

    New Mexico teen mom throws newborn baby in dumpster in shocking video
    Hobbs police say the infant is in stable condition at a hospital in Lubbock, Texas

    foxnews.com/us/new-mexico-newborn-dumpster-video

    Morally or ethically, is there any difference between what this girl did and abortion??

    I mean, if she had gone to a Dr a few hours BEFORE she delivered and had her baby killed, that would have been morally and ethically appropriate (not to mention LEGAL) according to Democrats...

    But she waited until a few hours AFTER she delivered to try and kill her baby...

    Morally and ethically, how is this any different than what Democrats support??

    And now let's turn to the awesomely great state of FLORIDA..

    Florida abortion legislation would ban procedure after 15 weeks

    The bills are similar to a Mississippi law that bans abortions after 15 weeks
    foxnews.com/politics/florida-abortion-bill-legislation-15-weeks

    What's funny here, in a sad pathetic hypocritical sort of way is the Democrat response..

    Florida Democrats, who are the minority in both chambers of the legislature, have said they will vigorously oppose the bills.

    "We will continue to fight vociferously for a woman’s right to choose and right to health care," Senate Democratic leader Lauren Book said.

    Apparently, Democrats don't give a flying frak about Americans' right to choose and the right to avoid health care if they want...

    Let's face reality here. Democrats are fighting for a woman's right to kill her child if that child's life is too inconvenient..

    Let's call it The Democrats' Casey Anthony right... :eyeroll: I am betting Democrats want to give that scumbag in New Mexico The Casey Anthony Motherhood award...

    OK checking the wires... the news feeds... checking.... checking....

    Nope... Nothing... OK Let's hit SUBMIT COMMENT.. And may the gods have mercy on yer souls.. :D

  19. [19] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Michale,

    It is respectful to limit our comments to the subject of Chris's columns.

    This one is about voting rights and the like.

    The number of comments doesn't concern me ... just when they are wildly off topic and when they slide so easily into juvenile personal attacks. That's what really sticks in my craw.

  20. [20] 
    Michale wrote:

    It is respectful to limit our comments to the subject of Chris's columns.

    Well, that explains why I am talking about 6 Jan and abortion.. :D

    This one is about voting rights and the like.

    Hokay... I'll wait we can discuss the points on this topic I brought up with you...

    The number of comments doesn't concern me ... just when they are wildly off topic and when they slide so easily into juvenile personal attacks. That's what really sticks in my craw.

    Jeeze.. Yer sure hard to please.. :D Heh J/K... :D
    OK, so 200 ON TOPIC comments is acceptable.. :D

    Personal attacks... BAD...

    But ya gotta give me credit for making the effort, eh?? That's more than yer getting from the rank and file... :D

  21. [21] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    You're doing okay, Michale. :)

  22. [22] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Gotta run ... be good! :-)

  23. [23] 
    Michale wrote:

    Yes ma'am... :D

  24. [24] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    6

    The new GA law actually makes it easier for people to vote.. We know this is factually accurate because voter turnout INCREASED by 17% in the last election..

    How do you figure "the new GA law" had any effect at all on "the last election" when that election was obviously actually held before "the new GA law" was enacted? Heh. Obviously, the "new" law is... new... and had no bearing on the prior election. Don't you think that increase in voting in Georgia might have been the catalyst to make it harder for certain people to vote? Particularly because voter turnout had increased? Not rocket science.

    Okay, EVERYBODY... Liz... let me help you out here.

    Here is the new Georgia voting law...

    https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/20527915-sb-202-as-passed

    SB 202... 98 pages of law designed to accomplish voter suppression and election subversion, just as President Biden described it. Anyone telling you otherwise is simply unfamiliar with those 98 pages and how they'll affect the small counties versus the large urban centers where people already wait routinely for multiple hours in order to cast a vote in Georgia.

    * Page 38: Georgia has cut by more than half the period during which voters may request an absentee ballot, from nearly six months before an election to less than three months. Voter suppression by time limiting.

    * Page 38, Page 57:

    Page 57: In order to verify that the absentee ballot was voted by the elector who requested the ballot, the elector shall print the number of his or her Georgia driver’s license number or identification card … in the space provided on the outer oath envelope. The elector shall also print his or her date of birth in the space provided in the outer oath envelope.

    If the elector does not have a Georgia driver’s license or state identification card … the elector shall so affirm in the space provided on the outer oath envelope and print the last four digits of his or her social security number in the space provided on the outer oath envelope.

    If the elector does not have a Georgia driver’s license, identification card … or a social security number, the elector shall so affirm in the space provided on the outer oath envelope and place a copy of one of the forms of identification in the outer envelope.

    Miss a new step? Your ballot may be invalidated... or not... I am guessing it depends on who you voted for whether or not it will be invalidated.

    Previously, Georgia law required voters to simply sign their absentee ballot applications. Now voters have to provide the number from a driver's license or an equivalent state-issued identification, and the law creates pitfalls for voters if they fail to follow all the new steps, like printing a date of birth or in some cases including partial Social Security numbers, their ballots could be tossed out. Donald Trump's lawyers urged judges and Republican officials last year to invalidate certain ballots. These type stringent voter-ID laws in other states have been enacted to invalidate ballots and depress voting... mostly among people of color. Not rocket science... not new to America but new to Georgia to suppress certain voters.

    Page 39: It’s now illegal for election officials to mail out absentee ballot applications to all voters.

    A blank application for an absentee ballot shall be made available online by the Secretary of State and each election superintendent and registrar, but neither the Secretary of State, election superintendent, board of registrars, other governmental entity, nor employee or agent thereof shall send absentee ballot applications directly to any elector except upon request of such elector or a relative authorized to request an absentee ballot for such elector.

    No person or entity other than a relative authorized to request an absentee ballot for such elector or a person signing as assisting an illiterate or physically disabled elector shall send any elector an absentee ballot application that is prefilled with the elector’s required information set forth in this subparagraph.

    * Pages 59-60: New strict rules on early voting hours are likely to curtail voting access for Georgians who work daytime hours or have less flexible schedules and who may be unable to return an absentee ballot. The provision requires counties to hold early voting during weekday working hours — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — and says it may be held for longer but may not take place before 7 a.m. or after 7 p.m. on those days. The early voting period will begin four weeks before an election. The previous iteration of the law called only for early voting during “normal business hours” and left it up to counties to determine those hours. The net effect is voter suppression in larger urban areas but expansion in smaller counties.

    More where that came from:

    * Page 8: The Republican-controlled legislature has more control over the State Election Board. They're taking it out of the Secretary of State's hands and giving it to "a chairperson" elected by the gerrymandered Senate of the General Assembly. You think a provision that strips power from the secretary of state and shifts it to a person appointed through the partisan legislature isn't election subversion? Then you know nothing about elections.

    Page 11: The secretary of state is also removed as a voting member of the State Election Board.

    Page 11: The GOP-led legislature is also empowered to suspend county election officials. The State Election Board may suspend county or municipal superintendents and appoint an individual to serve as the temporary superintendent in a jurisdiction.

    More where that came from.

    Yes, there was a high turnout in 2020. The more people vote, Democrats win. Hence, voter suppression laws and removing power from the Secretary of State... who obviously refused to re-certify the election for Trump or commit election fraud by finding him the votes he asked him to find.

  25. [25] 
    Michale wrote:

    Hence, voter suppression laws and removing power from the Secretary of State... who obviously refused to re-certify the election for Trump or commit election fraud by finding him the votes he asked him to find.

    Except that the Georgia law is not voter supression..

    Even Liberal Rag WaPoop gave Basement Biden 4 Pinocchio's for Biden's claim that the GA law makes it harder to vote..

    Yes, there was a high turnout in 2020. The more people vote, Democrats win.

    Not factually accurate..

    The more Democrats commit pre-election fraud the more Democrats win...

    We can compare notes after Nov 2022... :D

  26. [26] 
    Michale wrote:

    Speaking of Elections..

    Hillary Clinton’s 2024 Election Comeback
    Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have become unpopular. It may be time for a change candidate.

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-2024-comeback-president-biden-harris-democrat-nominee-race-2022-midterm-loss-11641914951

    Now THAT is just plain FUNNY!!!! :D

  27. [27] 
    Michale wrote:

    Face the facts... Democrat run Delaware has more restrictive voting than Georgia...

    Which proves that Democrats don't really care about voting... They just want a partisan advantage thru cheating...

  28. [28] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Did you take a look at my link, Michale?

  29. [29] 
    Michale wrote:

    Liz,

    The Gabriel Sterling link??

    I did not, but if it says what you said it said, it sounds like something I would want to see..

    Especially if it confirms that Biden is, AT BEST, being intellectually dishonest in how he characterizes Georgia's Election laws...

  30. [30] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    16

    Georgia has twice as many early voting days as Delaware does...

    Did it cross your mind that Delaware is a small state with a population less than a million? Meanwhile, check out Georgia at more than 10 times the population of Delaware:

    https://www.infoplease.com/us/states/state-population-by-rank

    Also, Delaware had zero early voting days in 2020; the Delaware legislature did approve early voting at select local locations for up to 10 days before elections, but that didn't become available until January 1, 2022... just days ago.

    As for Georgia, there will be at least 17 days of early voting (not twice as many as 10), starting on the Monday that is 22 days before Election Day until the Friday before an election.

    So Georgia being a state with a population more than 10 times Delaware yet having only ~ 7 days more early voting is why you will see those routinely long lines in urban parts of Georgia where they wait hours and hours to vote.

    Your example comparing Georgia to Delaware doesn't help prove your point... quite the opposite, in fact.

    It's voter suppression... not rocket science.

  31. [31] 
    Michale wrote:

    Victoria,

    And yet, Democrats want a ONE SIZE FITS ALL when it's to their advantage to do so..

    You can SPIN it all you want, but the simple fact still exists..

    Georgia has twice as many early vote days as Delaware..

    FACT...

    It's voter suppression... not rocket science.

    And yet, you cannot come up with a SINGLE legitimate example of voter suppression...

    Funny how that is, eh? :D

    Voter Suppression is a myth... Doesn't exist.. Even Left Wing Rag WaPoop acknowledges this fact..

    Once again, Victoria. The facts prove you wrong...

  32. [32] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    25

    Except that the Georgia law is not voter supression..

    Opinions are like ratholes.

    Even Liberal Rag WaPoop gave Basement Biden 4 Pinocchio's for Biden's claim that the GA law makes it harder to vote..

    Pick a lane. You don't get to invalidate WaPoop for every other post and then cite them when you agree.

    On a related note, Barr, Romney, Rounds, McConnell, and multiple Republicans have reiterated that Donald Trump lost the 2020 election. Glad we got that all cleared up. The Big Lie is shot all to hell by Republicans.

    Not factually accurate..

    You are the one who claimed there was higher turnout in Georgia in 2020... which is correct. So my very factually accurate point was that Democrats win when more people vote. It's a fact.

    They had things — levels of voting that, if you ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.

    ~ Donald Trump

    Feel free to shit on my source above when it suits your narrative and quote it when it doesn't. Heh.

    You also realize, do you not, that Joe Biden won Georgia and the votes have been recounted multiple times?

    The more Democrats commit pre-election fraud the more Democrats win...

    You drank the Orange Kool-Aid; we all understand. Meanwhile, watch Republicans in Georgia do everything they can to suppress the votes and invalidate ballots. Also, meanwhile, Republicans know Donald Trump lost the election and that there was no widespread fraud that would have changed the outcome.

    We can compare notes after Nov 2022... :D

    Your notes? No thanks. I am well aware that the pendulum always swings back in midterm elections. Nothing to brag about, really; it's just what always happens.

  33. [33] 
    Michale wrote:

    Opinions are like ratholes.

    And FACTS are so inconvenient for the Left's Anti US and Anti Democracy agenda.. :D

    You are the one who claimed there was higher turnout in Georgia in 2020...

    Which is not relevant to the fact that Democrats committed massive pre-election fraud in 2020 which explains their "win" in the Presidential Election and their massive drubbing in the down stream contests..

    Meanwhile, watch Republicans in Georgia do everything they can to suppress the votes and invalidate ballots.

    Again... Not factually accurate.. The Left Wing Rag WaPoop says it's not factually accurate.. Liz, the Warden Of Weigantia says it's not factually accurate..

    The FACTS prove the claim is not factually accurate..

    Nothing to brag about, really; it's just what always happens.

    Not to the extent that it's going to happen in 2022.. At least, according to Democrats' own predictions. :D

    Face reality.. Democrats are going to be massacred.. :D

  34. [34] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    31

    And yet, Democrats want a ONE SIZE FITS ALL when it's to their advantage to do so..

    Now you're just making shit up. I'd ask you to elaborate on what you mean, but I don't care.

    You can SPIN it all you want, but the simple fact still exists..

    Georgia has twice as many early vote days as Delaware..

    You can spin it all you want: 17 is not twice the amount of 10.

    FACT...

    Only if you suck at simple math and simple facts.

    And yet, you cannot come up with a SINGLE legitimate example of voter suppression...

    I just listed multiple examples... so you're saying you have no clue what tactics are used to suppress voters and that the new law in Georgia has used most of them and invented new ones wherein the Secretary of State's job will be henceforth relegated to another person that is more easily manipulated by the Georgia state legislature?

    I see your problem. Crack a book.

    Funny how that is, eh? :D

    Pathetic... yes. Funny? Nope.

    Voter Suppression is a myth... Doesn't exist.. Even Left Wing Rag WaPoop acknowledges this fact..

    This bullshit I quoted above is why no one with a brain here takes you seriously now or ever need take you seriously. You're either clueless or disingenuous... either way.

    Once again, Victoria. The facts prove you wrong...

    You're oblivious to facts. Facts are not in your wheelhouse. Plus, you suck at math.

  35. [35] 
    Michale wrote:

    Now you're just making shit up.

    Actually, I am just going by what Russ said above..

    If you want to claim he is "making shit up" you'll have to take it up with him.. BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Only if you suck at simple math and simple facts.

    Says the girl who belongs to the Party that claims "simple math" is racist.. :eyeroll:

    I just listed multiple examples...

    You listed a bunch of BS that has no factual basis..

    Give me DOCUMENTED cases of voter suppression...

    You can't because it has never happened..

    This bullshit I quoted above is why no one with a brain here takes you seriously now or ever need take you seriously.

    And yet, here you are so desperate to engage and prove me wrong.. And, you FAIL every time because the FACTS are on my side...

    Plus, you suck at math.

    Agreed.. I suck at Democrats' "racist math"... But you, being part of the Racist Party, excel at "racist math"... :D

    Once again...

    Point: Michale

    :D

  36. [36] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    33

    And FACTS are so inconvenient for the Left's Anti US and Anti Democracy agenda.. :D

    I'm not "the Left." And if "Anti Democracy" really does bother you, it would behoove you to stay ignorant regarding the forged elections documents that were sent by Republicans to the National Archives: Evidence that doesn't lie wherein fake electors were submitted by Republicans claiming to be electors.

    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/10/jan-6-committee-ramps-up-state-level-investigation-526752

    Which is not relevant to the fact that Democrats committed massive pre-election fraud in 2020 which explains their "win" in the Presidential Election and their massive drubbing in the down stream contests..

    You drank the Trump Chump Kool-Aid; we get it. There's no evidence of what you claim. If there was, it would have been presented in the 60+ court cases. Massive drubbing? So the Democrats winning the House, the Senate, and the Presidency is your idea of a "massive drubbing." Man, you really did drink the Kool-Aid.

    The 2020 House elections resulted in the Democrats retaining control of the House 222-213.

    The Democrats flipped 3 Republican seats in the House, the Republicans flipped 14 Democratic seats and 1 Libertarian seat. So you think net 11 seats and staying in the minority is a "massive drubbing"? That's hysterical.

    As for the Senate, Democrats flipped 4 seats and Republicans flipped 1. Ask Mitch McConnell how he felt about that "massive drubbing" down ballot.

    So you're also saying you're completely clueless regarding ticket splitting? You also think Democrats would commit massive fraud at the top of the ticket and fail to carry that to the down-ballot races? Again, hysterical.

    Would somebody with reasoning skills like to debate?

  37. [37] 
    Michale wrote:

    There's no evidence of what you claim.

    Well, except for the FACTS from ANOTHER Left Wing rag.....

    How Private Money From Facebook's CEO Saved The 2020 Election

    With a tight budget and little help from the federal government, Chester County applied for an election grant from the Center for Tech and Civic Life, a previously small Chicago-based nonprofit that quickly amassed hundreds of millions of dollars in donations to help local election offices — most notably, $350 million from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/943242106/how-private-money-from-facebooks-ceo-saved-the-2020-election

    Upwards of more than half a BILLION dollars bought whole entire election boards and those boards were staffed with Democrat operatives..

    Face the facts, Victoria.. Democrats cheated.. Pure and simple..

    2022 is going to be much different..

  38. [38] 
    Michale wrote:

    Internal Alarm, Public Shrugs: Facebook’s Employees Dissect Its Election Role
    Company documents show that the social network’s employees repeatedly raised red flags about the spread of misinformation and conspiracies before and after the contested November vote.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/22/technology/facebook-election-misinformation.html

  39. [39] 
    Michale wrote:

    How Google, Facebook & Twitter Rigged 2020 Election
    https://nypost.com/2021/10/12/exclusive-how-facebook-and-twitter-rigged-the-game-in-2020/

    The facts are clear.. For those who are not enslaved by Party ideology...

  40. [40] 
    Michale wrote:

    One only has to point to Weigantia(™michale) on Election night 2020 to know that cheating was involved..

    Even Democrat die hards conceded that Joe Biden lost the election...

    Then, miraculously, some pristine ballots for Joe Biden were found...

    Sheeya right..

    Biden had lost... EVERYONE in Weigantia(™michale) had conceded that...

    No cheating, my arse....

  41. [41] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    [32] et al

    Thanks for providing solid background, even though in response to troll. THIS is what I look for down here in Weigantia!

    This bullshit I quoted above is why no one with a brain here takes you seriously now or ever need take you seriously. You're either clueless or disingenuous... either way.

    That's why I've been scrolling through troll since 29 December and I'm happy with not wasting any time on a useless endeavor. Troll doesn't care about making a fool out of itself just so long as somebody is paying attention. I say, ignore trolls -- they are not here for any good purpose. Maybe if we ignore them they'll go away.

  42. [42] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    35

    Actually, I am just going by what Russ said above..

    You seem to have confused yourself then because Russ was pretty much saying the opposite of what you thought he said. You're not known around here for your reading ability.

    If you want to claim he is "making shit up" you'll have to take it up with him.. BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Not debate on your part... just part and parcel of your typical MO and asinine board bullshit.

    Says the girl who belongs to the Party that claims "simple math" is racist.. :eyeroll:

    Again, this is why nobody takes you seriously and never should... your lying and devolving to personal attacks.

    You listed a bunch of BS that has no factual basis..

    I quoted the verbiage straight from the bill. I agree the bill is BS. Other than that; I can't make somebody understand voter suppression and how it's routinely done if they're in denial and don't understand it when they see it quoted.

    Give me DOCUMENTED cases of voter suppression...

    You live in Florida, and you still need your nose rubbed in it? Hysterical.

    Prior to Amendment 4, Florida’s constitution permanently and for the remainder of their lifetime disenfranchised all citizens who had been convicted of ANY felony offense unless the Clemency Board restored their voting rights.

    You can't because it has never happened..

    You live in the dang state where people were routinely disenfranchised permanently for life by committing a felony, which disenfranchisement continues to this day via your asshat governor ignoring the will of the voters in Amendment 4.

    All too easy.

    I'm sorry/not sorry if you don't understand what voter suppression is. You crow about "Jim Crow" yet claim voter suppression never happened? Hysterical.

    And yet, here you are so desperate to engage and prove me wrong.. And, you FAIL every time because the FACTS are on my side...

    Desperate? Nope. Trying to determine if you're capable of debate that doesn't devolve into personal attacks... yes... and I have determined you're incapable on multiple levels.

    And 17 will never be twice as many as 10.

    Agreed.. I suck at Democrats' "racist math"... But you, being part of the Racist Party, excel at "racist math"... :D

    You simply aren't capable... on multiple levels.

    So, to recap: You're incapable of debate without hurling your invented personal insults. You devolve near every topic into the personal realm, and if any poster follows your lead, you then whine and complain that it got personal. #SSDD

  43. [43] 
    Michale wrote:

    Merriam-Webster

    TROLL

    : to harass, criticize, or antagonize (someone) especially by provocatively disparaging or mocking public statements, postings, or acts

    By MC's OWN definition, he is the one doing the trollimg.. :D Funny how that is, eh?? :D

    Once again, MC claims to ignore my comments but can't help but comment about my comments.. :D

    He claims I am not here for any back and forth and then, in the very next breath, claims I am LOSING in the back and forth!

    His own comments refutes his own comments..

    All he has is childish and immature name-calling..

    That is HILARIOUS :D

  44. [44] 
    Michale wrote:

    Once again, Victoria tries to be relevant..

    And once again, she brings NO FACTS to the discussion.. :D

  45. [45] 
    BashiBazouk wrote:

    Hilarious. Michale, do ever read the links you post?

    [37] includes this nugget:

    In the weeks since the election, allies of Trump have included the Center for Tech and Civic Life's grants in their voter fraud conspiracy theories. They have challenged the legality and neutrality of the grants, claiming that the funding was aimed at boosting Democratic turnout.

    But an APM Reports analysis of voter registration and voter turnout in three of the five key swing states shows the grant funding had no clear impact on who turned out to vote. Turnout increased across the U.S. from 2016. The APM Reports analysis found that counties in Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona that received grants didn't have consistently higher turnout rates than those that didn't receive money.

    And does not back up your conspiracy at all.

    [38] Pretty much says the opposite of the conspiracy you are trying to make and is all about right wing disinformation and facebook inability to deal with it.

    [39] is from that bastion of yellow journalism, the New York Post, which then links to Project Veritas as backup to really push that point home. And in the end still does not back up your conspiracy.

    [40] I read that thread and your characterization is just a blatant lie that you have been called out on previously.

    Your gish gallop has become a sad joke. Can you come up with something real to back up your conspiracy?

  46. [46] 
    Michale wrote:

    And here is Bashi, once again nit-picking out of context claims that he thinks bolsters his case.. :D

    Don't ever change, dood.. You make me look good by comparison.. :D

    The facts are clear... Ya'all's own actions on election prove my claims beyond any doubt..

    Unless you are claiming NOW that all Weigantians(™michale) who conceded President Trump's win are full of kaa-kaa??

    Is THAT what you are saying, Bashi?? Hmmmmm???

    Always good to wipe da floor with ya, Bashi... :D

  47. [47] 
    Michale wrote:

    I have ta say, I am just LOVING today's back and forth... Looks like Weigantia(™michale) is back on the map!!! :D

  48. [48] 
    Michale wrote:

    Liz,

    Just a reminder.. You never told me your position on Voter ID??

    Upwards of 80% of Americans support voter ID.. Why are Demcorats behind the curve??

    Is it because they are more interested in cheating and less interested in vote integrity??

  49. [49] 
    Michale wrote:

    Bashi,

    Let me ask you..

    If Basement Biden's claims of voter suppression is accurate...

    Why did WaPoop give Basement Biden 4 Pinocchio's for his BS claims??

    Don't tell me.. Let me guess... WaPoop is a Trump supporter... :epic eyeroll: :D

  50. [50] 
    Michale wrote:

    "I'm finished with THIS guy..."
    -Joe Pesci, MY COUSIN VINNY

    :D

  51. [51] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    40

    Even Democrat die hards conceded that Joe Biden lost the election...

    That didn't happen on this board.

    Then, miraculously, some pristine ballots for Joe Biden were found...

    They weren't lost; they were ballots that were tallied daily and put aside to be counted after the election. Republicans went to court in multiple states in order to disallow counting them early, which Democrats wanted to do. It was well-documented how many ballots there were, which is actually why the Biden camp knew they'd likely won once all the ballots were actually counted. They already knew the outstanding number of ballots in every state, which stats were announced daily. Trump was also underperforming in multiple states based on 2016 totals. Not rocket science.

    For future reference, Michale, a candidate who believes he actually won an election would not give a speech immediately after election day that invoked the idea of him going to the Supreme Court... an obvious giant honking clue they knew they'd lost.

    Biden had lost... EVERYONE in Weigantia(™michale) had conceded that...

    Incorrect. Your memory is on par with your math skills.

    Actually reading the thread shows quite the opposite, in fact, no one had conceded anything of the sort.

    http://www.chrisweigant.com/2020/11/03/closing-time-schedule/#comments

    What actually happened was you gloating about winning while obviously being too ignorant (as per your usual) to actually comprehend how ridiculous you actually sounded. Again, it is well-documented common knowledge that stupid people are too ignorant to comprehend just how ignorant they sound to everyone else with intellect.

    All signs were actually already pointing to a Trump loss that night, and anyone who watched Trump's speech knew that he knew he had lost. Who says they are going to the Supreme Court if they didn't already know they'd been beaten once the ballots were counted? The approximate number of outstanding ballots was well known prior to election day.

    On election night 2020, CW and I had both already made posts commenting on NE-2 having flipped and that was huge. I had already mentioned multiple times about my belief that Arizona may be a flipper, and Arizona had then been called for Biden by none other than Fox News. Anyone with actual knowledge regarding politics already knew that this was a combination that was a one two punch that would be near impossible to overcome. CW knew it. I knew it. Biden and his team knew it... as was reflected in his speech, and Trump and his team certainly knew it too, as was patently obvious by his speech wherein he had already began whining about going to the Supreme Court.

    An interesting exchange on election night:

    [238] Michale wrote:

    Liz,

    Despite what Trump says, this presidential election and count has apparently proceeded with care and precision, transparency and accuracy across the country, in the middle of Pandemic 1 and with record high turnout in many places.

    So, that means when some yahoo here whines and complains about cheating and such other bogus whinings.....

    Are you saying you will set them straight in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS and tell them.....

    "Despite what Trump says, this presidential election and count has apparently proceeded with care and precision, transparency and accuracy across the country, in the middle of Pandemic 1 and with record high turnout in many places."

    Enquiring minds want to know.. :D

    So according to you, Michale, you wanted assurances that EM would say the same thing "when some yahoo here whines and complains about cheating and such other bogus whinings....."

    Michale the Bogus Whining Yahoo... according to Michale, of course.

    All too easy.

  52. [52] 
    Michale wrote:

    And, with apologies to The Warden Of Weigantia....

    Under the heading of Blatant Democrat Hypocrisy...

    Biden's performance criticized, questions raised over decision to prioritize race for COVID drugs

    People say doctors should focus on symptoms, not race when prioritizing COVID treatment distribution
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-performance-criticized-prioritize-race-covid-drugs

    Racism should NEVER be a factor in medicine..

    Is anyone surprised that the Racist Party, the Party of Jim Crow, the Party that gave this country the KKK...

    Is ANYONE surprised that THIS would be the Party that gave this country race-based medicine and health care???

  53. [53] 
    Kick wrote:

    MtnCaddy
    41

    You're correct, of course. :)

  54. [54] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ

    Hi, Russ.

    That's the post. :)

  55. [55] 
    Michale wrote:

    @Veronica,

    That didn't happen on this board.

    Except it did...

    Seriously?

    No, I've watched enough of these presidential elections and Biden primarys to know when it's over.
    chrisweigant.com/2020/11/03/closing-time-schedule/#comment-171138

    And ya'all REALLY thought ya could make FL and TX blue!!!???

    BBBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    chrisweigant.com/2020/11/03/closing-time-schedule/#comment-171159

    Well, I have to come clean.. Michale was right about everything and I was totally full of shit... I thought I was soooo clever with my Discovery 3/The Burn crap.. Guess I was just burning myself... How does Michale do it!?? How can he read the facts so perfectly and predict everything so accurately!! It's like he's a time traveler and travels to the future to see and then comes back here!! Well, once again, Michale proves he is homo-superior and we all are just homo-moronic...
    -James T Canuck

    texas and georgia were basically pipe dreams.
    chrisweigant.com/2020/11/03/closing-time-schedule/#comment-171170

    Face reality.. Weigantians(™michale) had conceded the Biden loss as evidenced by everyone going radio-silent..

    It's all irrelevant.. It simply means that the GOP and President Trump will OWN the government for virtually ALL of the 2020s.... :D

    "And I am finished with THIS guy...."
    -Joe Pesci, MY COUSIN VINNY

  56. [56] 
    Michale wrote:

    Hay Bashi.....

    Don't go away mad... :D

  57. [57] 
    Michale wrote:

    Joe Biden dishonors his office with shameful ‘voting rights’ falsehoods in Georgia

    President Joe Biden’s speech in Atlanta on Tuesday was much more about suppression of the truth than it was about suppression of the vote.

    Mr. “Unify the Country” Biden continued his party’s viciously and deliberately mendacious attempts to label more than half of U.S. citizens as enemies of democracy itself. Anyone who disagrees with Democrats' agenda or tries to insist on reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of voting is now an "enemy of the people."
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/joe-biden-dishonors-his-office-with-shameful-voting-rights-falsehoods-in-georgia

    The facts are clear..

    Anyone who claims that the Georgia Voter Integrity laws are nothing but Voter Suppression is spewing "disinformation" and is "weaponizing" political lies..

    Even Uber-Biden fan, our own Liz, states the facts..

    Even Uber-Left Rag, WaPoop shows that Biden is lying...

    The facts are as clear as they are conclusive.. :D

  58. [58] 
    Michale wrote:

    Whereas vast majorities of all ethnicities consistently support the voter ID requirements that Biden labels as being akin to Jim Crow laws, it is a lead-pipe cinch that most believe it is virtually insane to allow, for instance, a citizen of red China temporarily domiciled in the United States to vote in any U.S. election.

    It's utterly CRAZY for ANYONE to believe that voter ID should not be required for voting...

    NO ONE can line in modern society without a picture ID..

    **NO ONE**

    If you are not willing to get a photo ID to vote... Then you really don't care about voting..

  59. [59] 
    Michale wrote:

    Running elections is a Constitutionally mandated STATE function...

    For Democrats to try and make them a federal function is a step towards a Democrat Party dictatorship...

    "These are the facts of the case. And they are undisputed."
    -Captain Smilin' Jack Ross, A FEW GOOD MEN

  60. [60] 
    Michale wrote:

    Speaking of elections...

    Biden-Cheney 2024?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/11/opinion/democratic-ticket-liz-cheney-2024.html

    How far off the reservation have Democrats gone that they would consider having **A CHENEY** replace Horizontal Harris as VP???

    I mean, seriously.. Talk about a DERANGEMENT syndrome, eh??!!??

  61. [61] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    52

    Is ANYONE surprised that THIS would be the Party that gave this country race-based medicine and health care???

    I have a better question:

    You do realize that no amount of your prattling about Democrats being the Party of racists in centuries past does anything at all to change the fact that the Republican Party is where you'll find them today?

    Rhetorical question, of course.

    The racist poons of today know exactly where they're welcome and where they're not.

  62. [62] 
    Michale wrote:

    You do realize that no amount of your prattling about Democrats being the Party of racists in centuries past does anything at all to change the fact that the Republican Party is where you'll find them today?

    Which has NOTHING to do with the fact that you have NO FACTS to support the claim that the GOP supports racism..

    But the facts are OVERWHELMINGLY conclusive that

    A> The Democrat Party is the Party that gave this country the KKK..

    B> The Democrat Party is the Party that gave this country Jim Crow laws..

    C> The Democrat Party fought tooth and nail against the civil rights legislation of the 50s and 60s..

    D> The Democrat Party TODAY supports racial segregation...

    E> The Democrat Party TODAY supports race based medicine and health care..

    These are ALL facts that no amount of your hate and bigotry will change..

    Once again.. Victoria is PWNED by the facts.. :D

  63. [63] 
    Michale wrote:

    MC #41
    Maybe if we ignore them they'll go away.

    Victoria #53
    You're correct, of course. :)

    And yet, here is Victoria showing how well she can "ignore" the facts... :D

  64. [64] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    55

    Thanks for proving my point that everybody on this board did not concede the election, and, of course, JT Canuck's sarcasm is far too intellectual for somebody of your limited reasoning ability. He insulted your obvious premature gloating with sarcasm on multiple occasions that night, but you and your infinite dearth of reasoning ability took his multiple sarcasm as concession. Hysterical.

    You're making all my points for me and virtually have no clue that you're doing it. Bashi is correct.

    Nice touch how you referred to your future self as a "yahoo" with "bogus whinings." Michale the Bogus Whining Yahoo. You have identified the bogus yahoo, and it's yourself.

  65. [65] 
    Michale wrote:

    Blaa Blaa Blaa...

    Victoria proves once again she has no facts and just baseless and ignorant personal attacks...

  66. [66] 
    Michale wrote:

    OK Liz... Apologies for #65... I couldn't help but respond to all of Victoria's personal attacks in this thread..

    I'll try and do better...

  67. [67] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    62

    Which has NOTHING to do with the fact that you have NO FACTS to support the claim that the GOP supports racism..

    Incorrect. I have a shit-ton of facts to support the fact the GOP supports racism. The first Republican president was a racist. You may have heard of him, Abraham Lincoln?

    While I was at the hotel today, an elderly gentleman called upon me to know whether I was really in favor of producing a perfect equality between the negroes and white people. While I had not proposed to myself on this occasion to say much on that subject, yet as the question was asked me, I thought I would occupy perhaps five minutes in saying something in regard to it.

    I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.

    And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.

    ~ Abraham Lincoln, September 18, 1858, Lincoln's fourth debate with Douglas

    Lincoln was the first racist Republican president and sure as hell wasn't the last.

  68. [68] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    65

    Blaa Blaa Blaa...

    Nothing says "I got nothing" like the above.

    Victoria proves once again she has no facts and just baseless and ignorant personal attacks...

    I posted the facts directly from the Georgia legislation. If you insist there are no facts, you are therefore ignorant of the subject matter of voter suppression and the tactics used to suppress the vote. Those are them.

    Your further posting the ridiculous idea that voter suppression doesn't exist when you live in a state which practiced lifetime disenfranchisement (and still does), I can only conclude you're clueless regarding the issue of voter suppression when it permeates your own state unabated despite voters passing Amendment 4.

    I can only conclude you are therefore ignorant of the facts and will point out your obvious inability to recognize the facts staring you directly in the face and the fact that you're not intellectually equipped to argue the issue and so you devolve to your standard operational repetitive same shit different day knee-jerk redundant BS drivel and spew.

    All too easy.

  69. [69] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    66

    OK Liz... Apologies for #65... I couldn't help but respond to all of Victoria's personal attacks in this thread..

    The personal attacks began with you... as per usual. Now you are whining about personal attacks... as per usual. #SSDD

    I'll try and do better...

    Hysterical. As if you won't repeat the same devolution of every issue into a personal attack. It's what you do when you either can't recognize facts or can't refute them. #SSDD

  70. [70] 
    Michale wrote:

    WOW...

    You had to reach all the way back to Lincoln to find a racist Republican??

    BBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Thank you for proving beyond ANY doubt that you are completely ignorant and have ZERO facts to support your claim that the GOP is the Racist Party...

    Yet, I have TONS of well documented facts that PROVE beyond any doubt that the Democrat Party is the Party that gave this country the KKK and Jim Crow... That the Democrat Party is the Party that fought tooth and nail against the civil rights acts of the 50s and 60s...

    That **TODAYS** Democrat Party supports segregation in education..

    That **TODAYS** Democrat Party pushes race-based medicine and health care...

    Once again.. Victoria, yer PWNED... :D

  71. [71] 
    Michale wrote:

    Victoria,

    ABRAHAM LINCOLN is yer "proof" that today's Republican Party is Racist!!???

    BBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    What were you thinking???

    Ach, stoopid question...

    You WEREN'T thinking!!! :D

    PWNED

  72. [72] 
    Michale wrote:

    Basement Biden got DECIMATED!!

    McConnell fires back at Biden's 'profoundly unpresidential' speech: 'Deliberately divisive'

    McConnell says of Biden: 'I did not recognize the man at the podium yesterday'

    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., fired back at President Biden after the latter’s flawed election overhaul speech in Georgia on Tuesday, with the GOP leader saying the speech "undermines democracy."

    McConnell torched the president from the Senate floor on Wednesday, tearing into Biden over his widely panned speech, calling it a "deliberately divisive" and one that was "designed to pull our country further apart."

    The top Senate Republican said Biden "called millions of Americans his domestic enemies" in the speech and "shouted that if you disagree with him, you’re George Wallace."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-fires-back-biden-unpresidential-speech-deliberately-divisive

    So much for the "unity" POTUS that is going to heal the divisions in this country...

    :eyeroll:

  73. [73] 
    Michale wrote:

    "George Wallace?" McConnell continued. "If you don’t pass the laws he wants, you’re Bull Connor, and if you oppose giving Democrats untrammeled, one-party control of the country, well you’re Jefferson Davis."

    McConnell also slammed Biden for invoking the Civil War "to demonize Americans who disagree with him" and pointed out that the president compared "a bipartisan majority of senators to literal traitors."

    "How profoundly, profoundly unpresidential," McConnell said. "Look, I’ve known, liked and personally respected Joe Biden for many years. I did not recognize the man at the podium yesterday."

    This is a sad commentary on the man who claimed he would "heal the divisions of America.."

  74. [74] 
    Michale wrote:

    "A president shouting that 52 senators and millions of Americans are racist unless he gets whatever he wants is proving exactly why the Framers built the Senate to check his power," McConnell also said.

    The Republican leader also called Biden’s speech a "rant" that was "incoherent, incorrect and beneath his office," and said the president’s speech on Tuesday was the "perfect case study" as to "how Sen. Biden was right about the filibuster and President Biden is wrong."

    Biden’s speech has not just been knocked by Republicans – progressives have also gone after the president for his speech.

    Ya'all just HAVE to know that, if ALL sides of the political spectrum is knocking a speech, it just HAS to be bad...

  75. [75] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    70

    WOW...

    You had to reach all the way back to Lincoln to find a racist Republican??

    Of course not, but Lincoln was the original Republican president who was an admitted white supremacist. I would wager without hesitation that you don't see your hypocrisy when prattling on and on about racist Democrats from that same era... not even remotely their Party's standard bearer like Abraham Lincoln, of course. Nevertheless, I did not fail to notice you agreed that Lincoln was a racist Republican. Of course, as I stated, Lincoln wasn't the last... not by a long shot.

    Thank you for proving beyond ANY doubt that you are completely ignorant and have ZERO facts to support your claim that the GOP is the Racist Party...

    You're twisting my words, as per your usual. I said:

    You do realize that no amount of your prattling about Democrats being the Party of racists in centuries past does anything at all to change the fact that the Republican Party is where you'll find them today?

    Don't bother denying that Trump’s support in the 2016 election wasn't obviously driven by racism, sexism, and xenophobia. Anti-immigrant sentiment, racism, and sexism are much more strongly related to support for Trump. Trump did especially well with uneducated white voters who express sexist views about women and who deny racism exists in America... while at the same time claiming Democrats are racists. It's like there's no ability to connect dots and no education. Oh, right. Trump dominates in the uneducated white grievance rube vote. He loves the uneducated. He loves the asshats who stormed the Capitol, according to him anyway.

    So, yes, the Republican Party is exactly where you'll find the racists today. Do you deny the Confederate battle flags the insurrectionists carried into the Capitol? Don't bother answering... rhetorical question.

    So we've established Lincoln was an admitted white supremacist and standard bearer of the Republican Party, and when Donald "very fine people on both sides" Trump is the Grand Old Party's standard bearer of today and when a state lawmaker, Rep. Larry Pittman, publicly likens Abraham Lincoln to Adolf Hitler, yet is retained as a member of said GOP, there can be little doubt about the party in which the white supremacist Democrats of the Jim Crow era would feel most at home. The GOP is where the racists are welcome and referred to as "very fine people" by their most recent racist president, Donald Trump.

    In point of fact, in regards to race issues, the modern identities and ancestries of Democrats and Republicans is not seriously in question. The more interesting discussion regarding the issue involves the denial of those who cling to their tired arguments. You prattling on and on about some dipshits that were members of a party founding the KKK... as if that means the Party did it... ridiculous. On the other hand, Abraham Lincoln was a card-carrying admitted white supremacist. Those two idiots got nothing on the Republican President who was the original Republican racist, wouldn't you say? Rhetorical. This Lincoln wasn't just a Party member; he was the original standard bearer of the Republican Party... the first in a long line of many Republican presidential racists.

    Yet, I have TONS of well documented facts that PROVE beyond any doubt that the Democrat Party is the Party that gave this country the KKK and Jim Crow...

    Still prattling on about "Jim Crow" while claiming simultaneously that voter suppression didn't happen. Hysterical.

    That the Democrat Party is the Party that fought tooth and nail against the civil rights acts of the 50s and 60s...

    Incorrect. Members of a Party does not an entire Party make, and you're just embarrassing yourself again with your dearth of historical facts. It was a Democrat who signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, knowing full well that it would piss off the racists... who in fact did flee (with a few exceptions) en masse into the waiting arms of the Republican Party... Dixiecrats, they were called, and they did feel more comfortable in the Republican Party and still do to this very day and will likely ever thus, but I digress.

    LBJ the Democratic president did indeed sign the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

    When he signed the act he was euphoric, but late that very night I found him in a melancholy mood as he lay in bed reading the bulldog edition of the Washington Post with headlines celebrating the day. I asked him what was troubling him. "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come," he said.

    ~ Bill Moyers, aide to LBJ (before his long career in broadcasting) from his book Moyers in America

    You'd know all or at least some of this, obviously, if you knew a scintilla about actual United States history and weren't admittedly "not a history buff." You needn't have bothered admitting it to the regular readers who, of course, already knew that. :)

  76. [76] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    [67]

    Wow. Racial hatred was seeded in the Republican Party from the getgo! That sure explains a lot of things. I knew Lincoln cared about the Union way more than slavery, but yeesh. Oh, and for the record, Protestant churches down South were perfectly fine with slavery. So there's that.

    Damnation, Kick, I'm learning things this morning, like it or not. Pass the bong.

  77. [77] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    74

    "A president shouting that 52 senators and millions of Americans are racist unless he gets whatever he wants is proving exactly why the Framers built the Senate to check his power," McConnell also said.

    Poor dumb McConnell has failed to factor in the actual irrefutable fact that the Framers of which he speaks were actually slave owning racists who believed the white race was far superior to their human chattel and who allowed only rich white male landowners to choose the President and that millions of Americans actually were racists who obviously already believed themselves superior to those they defined in the Constitution in terms I won't repeat here.

    The Republican leader also called Biden’s speech a "rant" that was "incoherent, incorrect and beneath his office," and said the president’s speech on Tuesday was the "perfect case study" as to "how Sen. Biden was right about the filibuster and President Biden is wrong."

    I guess McTurtle is a little confused and a little slow on the uptake in his old age. The speech wasn't incoherent unless you're an idiot, and how exactly does one deduce that a speech is "incorrect" if it's incoherent? Pretty damn dumb to make those claims simultaneously.

    Biden’s speech has not just been knocked by Republicans – progressives have also gone after the president for his speech.

    Ya'all just HAVE to know that, if ALL sides of the political spectrum is knocking a speech, it just HAS to be bad...

    If you think Republicans and progressives are "ALL sides" of the political spectrum, you're missing quite of few angles and a shit-ton of brain cells. If it was so bad, there'd naturally be no reason for McConnell to claim it to be both incoherent and incorrect and make himself look stupid as well as all the useful idiots who repeated his ridiculous BS without first connecting the dots regarding the reeking stupidity of McTurtle.

  78. [78] 
    Michale wrote:

    Once again, MC claims that there is no "back and forth" debate then celebrates that his side is "winning" the back and forth debate...

    BBBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

    We'll see how well the Democrats are "winning" with their attempts to get rid or modify the Filibuster.. :D

    Let's face reality here, people...

    Democrats are going to LOSE just like they lost on the Democrat Wet Dream bill, just like the lost in the SCOTUS... Just like Democrats have lost in everything they tried... :D

    OK... Gonna watch the ETERNALS....

    See ya'all tomorrow.. :D

  79. [79] 
    Kick wrote:

    MtnCaddy
    76

    Wow. Racial hatred was seeded in the Republican Party from the getgo!

    Yes, sir. But don't take my word for it; Abraham Lincoln, the original standard bearer of the Republican Party was an admitted white supremacist... believe him.

    Lincoln waited until a Union victory to issue his preliminary Emancipation Proclamation but issued it, he did, after the Union victory at the Battle of Antietam, September 1862, explaining that the document would become effective thereafter on January 1, 1863. The preliminary Emancipation Proclamation declared that any of the states that had given up their rebellion by January 1 could actually keep their slaves.

    Preliminary Emancipation Proclamation
    September 22, 1862

    By the President of the United States of America.

    A Proclamation.

    I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States of America, and Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy thereof, do hereby proclaim and declare that hereafter, as heretofore, the war will be prosecuted for the object of practically restoring the constitutional relation between the United States, and each of the States, and the people thereof, in which States that relation is, or may be, suspended or disturbed.

    That it is my purpose, upon the next meeting of Congress to again recommend the adoption of a practical measure tendering pecuniary aid to the free acceptance or rejection of all slave States, so called, the people whereof may not then be in rebellion against the United States and which States may then have voluntarily adopted, or thereafter may voluntarily adopt, immediate or gradual abolishment of slavery within their respective limits; and that the effort to colonize persons of African descent, with their consent, upon this continent, or elsewhere, with the previously obtained consent of the Governments existing there, will be continued.

    That on the first day of January in the year of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State, or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the executive government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom.

    ...

    And the executive will in due time recommend that all citizens of the United States who shall have remained loyal thereto throughout the rebellion, shall (upon the restoration of the constitutional relation between the United States, and their respective States, and people, if that relation shall have been suspended or disturbed) be compensated for all losses by acts of the United States, including the loss of slaves.

    In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand, and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.

    Done at the City of Washington this twenty-second day of September, in the year of our Lord, one thousand, eight hundred and sixty-two, and of the Independence of the United States the eighty seventh.

    [Signed:] Abraham Lincoln
    By the President

    [Signed:] William H. Seward
    Secretary of State

    Of course, Lincoln did this knowing that no state was likely to return to the Union and therefore turned the North's primary goal of keeping the Union of states together into a crusade against slavery, which as we know from history, Lincoln wasn't all that much opposed to the idea of an inferior race and subjugation.

    Could Great Britain morally recognize the South as a nation at that point or intervene in the war under those circumstances? Not unless they wanted to appear diplomatically hypocritical. It was a true masterstroke in foreign policy.

    That sure explains a lot of things. I knew Lincoln cared about the Union way more than slavery, but yeesh.

    Lincoln used the issue of slavery to keep Great Britain and France from recognizing the legitimacy of the Confederate (traitor) States of America.

    Oh, and for the record, Protestant churches down South were perfectly fine with slavery. So there's that.

    You do not want to get me started about the Bible thumping Southern slaveholders who actually used their Holy Bible in order to justify the subjugation of people of color: Genesis 9:18–27 and Ephesians 6:5-7.

    Damnation, Kick, I'm learning things this morning, like it or not. Pass the bong.

    Heh. Morning!? It's five o'clock! ;)

  80. [80] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    78

    Once again, MC claims that there is no "back and forth" debate then celebrates that his side is "winning" the back and forth debate...

    BBBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

    Because the alleged "debate" on your end is kind of one-sided, redundant, and repetitive... as per usual. You prattle on and on about the same repetitive shit ad nauseam... to the point where your prattling goes ignored and people scroll through it because it's not actually debate but ridiculous repetitive drivel and spew... rewind, reset... lather, rinse, repeat.

    We'll see how well the Democrats are "winning" with their attempts to get rid or modify the Filibuster.. :D

    It's already been modified recently in order to raise the debt ceiling... so... winning! Been there and done that already. Try to keep up.

  81. [81] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Requiring a photo ID to vote is no different than requiring someone be breathing to vote.. It's something we do/have anyways, so requiring it a difference which makes no difference and, therefore, IS no difference..

    Then by all means we have to start requiring gun licenses to include a photo ID as well so that we are making sure only those who are able to possess a gun do so.

    And we are long overdue for a National Gun Registry so that law enforcement can remove weapons from homes when responding to domestic violence calls and calls to assist those suffering from psychological disorders. This would also help in stopping strawman buyers who purchase guns for those who have lost their 2nd Amendment rights.

  82. [82] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Kick,

    Hey darlin’! So great seeing your posts on here. Hope your New Year is starting off great and we will hopefully talk more soon!

    Big hugs,

    R

  83. [83] 
    Kick wrote:

    ListenWhenYouHear
    81

    Requiring a photo ID to vote is no different than requiring someone be breathing to vote.. It's something we do/have anyways, so requiring it a difference which makes no difference and, therefore, IS no difference..

    ~ Michale

    Then by all means we have to start requiring gun licenses to include a photo ID as well so that we are making sure only those who are able to possess a gun do so.

    Yes, sir, Russ... exactly right you are, my man... because everybody knows that requiring a photo ID to tote is no different than requiring someone be breathing to tote a gun... something we do/have anyways, so what's the difference in voting and toting and requiring a photo to vote and/or tote. I am picturing (pun intended) a dual purpose voter/toter ID for anybody that does breathe because pictures are like a breath of fresh air and everybody's doing it already -- exactly like voting and toting -- can I get a witness? Amen, brother Russ. Preach.

    And we are long overdue for a National Gun Registry so that law enforcement can remove weapons from homes when responding to domestic violence calls and calls to assist those suffering from psychological disorders.

    Exactly... because LEOs are already requiring photo IDs all the time and breathing too... exactly like voting...

    Musical Interlude:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAmICTFSok

    Therefore, I am loving this idea of a motor-voter-gun toter identification card of yours, Russ; it is freaking genius. :)

  84. [84] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    82

    We are peas and carrots.

    XOXOXO :)

  85. [85] 
    Michale wrote:

    Russ,

    Then by all means we have to start requiring gun licenses to include a photo ID as well so that we are making sure only those who are able to possess a gun do so.

    There is no such thing as a national "gun licence". So your comment is ridiculous..

    Now, if you are talking a CCW, they DO have a picture on the permit.. And you DO have to have OODLES (industry term) of ID to get one, INCLUDING a photo ID..

    But, let's suspend belief and facts for a second and imagine a country w/o a 2nd Amendment and one WOULD have to obtain a gun licence...

    I would have absolutely ZERO problem with requiring a photo ID to obtain one..

    If something is as important as you claim voting is, then obtaining a PHOTO ID to do it is a no-brainer.. ESPECIALLY since you simply can't live a day to day life WITHOUT a photo ID..

    And we are long overdue for a National Gun Registry so that law enforcement can remove weapons from homes when responding to domestic violence calls and calls to assist those suffering from psychological disorders.

    By definition, a national gun registry does ZERO good to prevent gun violence..

    ZERO... ZILCH... NADA... NOTHING..

    A national gun registry would simply allow LEOs to identify weapons AFTER a crime has been committed..

    It's one of those WOULDN'T IT BE NICE LAWS anti-gun zealots want that does ZERO to address the problem..

    Even given that, we already HAVE a national gun registry..

    ATF Form 4473
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revisions

    And how good has it been to prevent gun violence and Crowd Based Mass Shootings??

    :eyeroll:

  86. [86] 
    Michale wrote:

    Look people... The facts are clear..

    Even if (and that's a HUGE 'IF') Democrats are somehow able to get Sinema and Manchin and all the other Dem Senators who don't want the filibuster weakened, even if Dems can get them on board and weaken the filibuster and pass their Election Cheat laws.....

    The SCOTUS will shoot down those laws quicker before the ink dries on Basement Biden signing the bills..

    These Election Cheat laws will not pass Constitutional muster...

    It's THAT simple...

  87. [87] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    86

    Even if (and that's a HUGE 'IF') Democrats are somehow able to get Sinema and Manchin and all the other Dem Senators who don't want the filibuster weakened, even if Dems can get them on board and weaken the filibuster and pass their Election Cheat laws.....

    The SCOTUS will shoot down those laws quicker before the ink dries on Basement Biden signing the bills..

    Congratulations on confirming your absolute absence of any knowledge whatsoever regarding constitutional law and where this Supreme Court has intervened and refused to intervene. The Senate rules are not constitutional laws, and you seriously think the Supreme Court is going to intervene there? Rhetorical question. And you think the Supreme Court will declare voting rights laws as somehow unconstitutional. *side-splitting comedy* I can't stop laughing.

    These Election Cheat laws will not pass Constitutional muster...

    You seem blissfully unaware -- as per usual -- that voting rights laws are actually part of the Constitution, and Congress has reaffirmed voting rights on multiple occasions... and in unanimous fashion.

    It's THAT simple...

    Almost everything you spew really does qualify as "simple." *laughs*

  88. [88] 
    Michale wrote:

    Congratulations on confirming your absolute absence of any knowledge whatsoever regarding constitutional law and where this Supreme Court has intervened and refused to intervene. The Senate rules are not constitutional laws,

    I am not talking about filibuster, you fraking moron..

    What PART of "and pass their Election Cheat laws...." are you too stoopid to understand??

    You seem blissfully unaware -- as per usual -- that voting rights laws are actually part of the Constitution, and Congress has reaffirmed voting rights on multiple occasions... and in unanimous fashion.

    And once again, you are displaying your complete and utter ignorance..

    The Constitution specifically states that Elections are left TO THE STATES...

    Democrats Election Cheat laws are trying to federalize CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED States rights on running elections how the State sees fit.. Ergo... Even if Democrats manage to nullify the filibuster and pass their Election Cheat laws, the SCOTUS will shoot them down before the ink dries..

    Now, are you TOO STOOPID to get that??? Or do I need to use shorter words??? :epic eyeroll:

    Jeeze, Victoria.. I mean, I know that you are stoopid and a non-functional illiterate, but this comment of yours takes the cake in the STOOPIDITY and MORON department..

    The Senate rules are not constitutional laws, and you seriously think the Supreme Court is going to intervene there?

    BBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    You really need another brain cell to rub with the single one you already have...

    BBBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  89. [89] 
    Michale wrote:

    "doh hu, doh hu, do huh... I'm Victoria and I am a non functional illiterate moron!! When someone says 'Democrats Election Cheating Laws I think they mean Senate Filibuster rules... doh hu doh hu.. I can't function in society because I only have a single brain cell with nothing to rub it together with.. doi... doi... doi..."

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  90. [90] 
    Michale wrote:

    Awwww poor liddle Victoria.. Got bitch-slapped down and now she runs and hides to cry... :D

    BBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  91. [91] 
    Kick wrote:

    Somebody is obsessed. It's creepy yet undeniable.

  92. [92] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    88

    I am not talking about filibuster, you fraking moron..

    Then you probably shouldn't use the word "filibuster" multiple times in your rants, "you fraking moron."

    Even if (and that's a HUGE 'IF') Democrats are somehow able to get Sinema and Manchin and all the other Dem Senators who don't want the filibuster weakened, even if Dems can get them on board and weaken the filibuster and pass their Election Cheat laws.....

    ~ Michale

    What PART of "and pass their Election Cheat laws...." are you too stoopid to understand??

    Those words following your multiple instances "not" talking about the filibuster? Your simple words aren't the least bit complicated. Your misunderstanding of the Constitution is on full display.

    And once again, you are displaying your complete and utter ignorance..

    You are using my words I use for you; that's how I know what works, you know. No, I am displaying your complete and utter ignorance, but thank you for being a parrot and repeating my phrases back to me, "you fraking moron." You should also definitely not use the word "filibuster" if you're not talking about the "filibuster." You shouldn't attempt to explain how the SCOTUS will invalidate voting rights that haven't been written when Shelby County v. Holder has definitely already been written.

    The Constitution specifically states that Elections are left TO THE STATES...

    Democrats Election Cheat laws are trying to federalize CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED States rights on running elections how the State sees fit.. Ergo... Even if Democrats manage to nullify the filibuster and pass their Election Cheat laws, the SCOTUS will shoot them down before the ink dries..

    There you go again not talking about the "filibuster." I know what you meant. You are correct that your words are simple. I also am well aware what the Constitution says regarding voting as well as voting rights and the SCOTUS rulings. You? Quite obviously do not have a clue.

  93. [93] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ignorant and illiterate moron says:

    blaaa blaaa blaaaa

    Face reality, Victoria.. Yer beaten.. Time and time again yer rode hard and put away wet... :D

    The Democrats Election Cheat laws will never happen.. They will suffer the same fate that the OTHER Democrat Wet Dream bill suffered..

    You lose.. Your Democrats lose... Over and over again.. :D

    DOMINATION

  94. [94] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    93

    Ignorant and illiterate moron says:

    blaaa blaaa blaaaa

    I agree you are ignorant and illiterate, and that is most definitely one of your favorite "go to" phrases on this forum.

    Face reality, Victoria.. Yer beaten.. Time and time again yer rode hard and put away wet... :D

    Your obsessive fantasies regarding this poster are again duly noted... seek help.

    The Democrats Election Cheat laws will never happen.. They will suffer the same fate that the OTHER Democrat Wet Dream bill suffered..

    Anyone who reads your drivel and spew can easily assess what you're doing. Creepy.

    You lose.. Your Democrats lose... Over and over again.. :D

    I think you have combined your obsession with me and your obsession with Democrats into a giant honking fantasy of your own invention. I'm not a Democrat. Never have been and never will be.

    DOMINATION

    Troll jerking on his own fishing line. :D

  95. [95] 
    Kick wrote:

    Troll jerking on his own fishing line. Creepy. :D

  96. [96] 
    Michale wrote:

    Yer real brave when it's a past commentary that no one reads anymore, Victoria..

    Yet you run and hide like the coward you are during a current commentary..

    I chased you out of yesterday's commentary and will do the same thing today.. :D

    BBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  97. [97] 
    Michale wrote:

    Hay Victoria...

    Whassamatta??

    Punch drunk from getting wiped out all over Weigantia???

    BBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

    Who can blame ya.. You have been slammed incessantly since I returned to Weigantia(™michale)..

    Now here is where you will spew that BS nonsense about your empty head or some such..

    By all means.. Go ahead..

    We both know yer PWN'ED...

  98. [98] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    96

    Yer real brave when it's a past commentary that no one reads anymore, Victoria..

    I agree you are no one.

    I chased you out of yesterday's commentary and will do the same thing today.. :D

    I agree you are obsessed with me daily.

    I am never not here. :)

  99. [99] 
    Michale wrote:

    Weigantian(™michale) Troll says blaaa blaaa blaaa...

    I see you don't have the courage to show up in today's commentary..

    BBBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

    Face it, Victoria.. Yer PWN'ED :D

Leave a Reply

[If you have questions as to how to register or log in, to be able to post comments here, or if you'd like advanced commenting and formatting tips, please visit our "Commenting Tips" page, for further details.]

You must be logged in to post a comment.
If you are a new user, please register so you can post comments here.

[The first time you post a comment (after creating your user name and logging in), it will be held for approval. Please be patient (as it may take awhile). After your first comment has been approved, you will be able to post further comments instantly and automatically.]