ChrisWeigant.com

Kid President

[ Posted Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 – 16:33 PDT ]

The American presidency is being dumbed-down before our very eyes. It's as if we're all trapped within one of those "child in an adult body" movies (think: Big or Freaky Friday), awaiting the next wacky turn of events to play out across our screens. What will "Kid President" do next? Throw a tantrum on Twitter? Fire somebody else at the White House? Yell at his subordinates again? Try to fire Congress? Cause an international incident by doing something extremely rude while meeting the Pope? Stay tuned, the next unbelievable plot twist is right around the corner!

If that sounds a bit loopy, well, it's been a loopy sort of week. Last Monday, Sally Yates testified before a Senate committee about the firing of Michael Flynn. Tuesday, President Donald Trump fired F.B.I. Director James Comey because he was being too enthusiastic about investigating Trump's Russia ties, after which Trump sent all his White House underlings (including Vice President Mike Pence) to go out and peddle a complete lie about why Comey was fired. Wednesday, Trump was meeting in the Oval Office so he could give away secret intelligence to the Russians -- while barring American press from the event, but allowing Russian photographers to document the loving smiles all around. Thursday, Trump was on NBC, flat-out admitting that the Russia investigation was why Comey was fired. Friday, Trump was threatening Comey with "tapes" of their conversations, in what could be termed "attempted witness tampering." This week, we've already had a bombshell per day, with the revelations that (1) Trump gave away secrets Israel shared with us to the Russians, and (2) Comey took meticulous notes of all conversations with Trump, including one where Trump told him to "let Flynn go" and to let the whole Russia investigation go, for good measure. Who wouldn't be a little loopy after all of that?

The scandalous revelations have come so fast and thick, there have been some that in normal times would be enormous scandals on their own, which have instead been lost among all the other bombshells. Oddly enough, the media mostly ignored one of the revelations from the Comey memo -- that Trump also suggested Comey put some journalists in jail for printing stories based on leaks. If this hadn't been such a whirlwind of a week, that right there would have generated outraged front-page headlines for days, if not weeks. But it has so far merited little attention because there is so much else hitting the wall simultaneously.

Another of these caught my eye, in the midst of the rest of the epic Dumpster fire that is the Trump White House -- two stories about the dumbing-down of the presidency. The first was an article in the periodical Foreign Policy on how the other members of NATO are preparing for Trump's first summit meeting with them. Here are the relevant paragraphs:

NATO is scrambling to tailor its upcoming meeting to avoid taxing President Donald Trump's notoriously short attention span. The alliance is telling heads of state to limit talks to two to four minutes at a time during the discussion, several sources inside NATO and former senior U.S. officials tell Foreign Policy. And the alliance scrapped plans to publish the traditional full post-meeting statement meant to crystallize NATO's latest strategic stance.

On May 25, NATO will host the heads of state of all 28 member countries in what will be Trump's first face-to-face summit with an alliance he bashed repeatedly while running for president. NATO traditionally organizes a meeting within the first few months of a new U.S. president's term, but Trump has the alliance more on edge than any previous newcomer, forcing organizers to look for ways to make the staid affair more engaging.

"It's kind of ridiculous how they are preparing to deal with Trump," said one source briefed extensively on the meeting's preparations. "It's like they're preparing to deal with a child -- someone with a short attention span and mood who has no knowledge of NATO, no interest in in-depth policy issues, nothing," said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "They're freaking out."

. . .

"People are scared of his unpredictability, intimidated by how he might react knowing the president might speak his mind -- or tweet his mind," the former official said.

Or, as another current senior NATO official put it before the meeting: "We're bracing for impact."

The second news item was how Trump is being prepped for his first foreign trip by his own advisors, which contained this description of how vital information is being presented to our commander-in-chief:

Conversations with some officials who have briefed Trump and others who are aware of how he absorbs information portray a president with a short attention span.

He likes single-page memos and visual aids like maps, charts, graphs and photos.

National Security Council officials have strategically included Trump's name in "as many paragraphs as we can because he keeps reading if he's mentioned," according to one source, who relayed conversations he had with N.S.C. officials.

Trump likes to look at a map of the country involved when he learns about a topic.

"He likes to visualize things," said a senior administration official.

That paints a pretty stunning picture, which is the whole reason why "Kid President" popped into my mind in the first place. Donny won't read, so we have to make things entertaining for him with lots of shiny maps and graphics -- just like a book for a pre-schooler. We can't bore little Donny, because who knows what he'll do then! The best way to keep him interested is to insert his own name into the briefings, because he loves seeing his name in print. And if you talk directly to him, you have to keep it to under four minutes or else he'll nod off or get fidgety.

This is why "dumbed-down" is not partisan rhetoric or hyperbole of any sort. Being president is a complex and intense job. The subjects that must be dealt with are incredibly nuanced and touchy -- especially when it comes to foreign policy. And yet we have Kid President who gets squirmy if he has to sit through too long a briefing. We've already seen the real-world result of this, when Trump -- while bragging about the briefings he gets, mind you -- ham-handedly exposed a foreign ally to danger by sharing their intelligence with the Russians.

Donald Trump will soon be away -- for over a week -- on his first foreign trip. The potential for diplomatic disaster is enormous. He'll be visiting a meeting of the heads of a wide group of Muslim states in Saudi Arabia. Then he'll be meeting with Israelis and Palestinians. What could possibly go wrong with either of those? After a meeting with the Pope, he'll then meet with NATO and the heads of Europe. Each and every one of these events is fraught with the possibility of Trump going off-script and sticking his foot in his mouth in one way or another. And throughout the whole trip, he'll be dogged by the increasing scrutiny he's now getting on Capitol Hill -- which will breed all kinds of resentment (perhaps while Trump is bored on an Air Force One flight).

So far, the one consistent aspect of Kid President's time in office is that he always manages to top himself. You get through yet another exhausting week of scandalous Trump news, and think: "Well, he certainly can't top that" -- and then he does, usually by early Monday morning. The past week has already raised this bar repeatedly. So what can we really expect from "Kid President Abroad"? Normally if a U.S. president uses the wrong fork at dinner or mispronounces a foreign leader's name, it's a huge scandal. At this point, though, absolutely anything could happen. Brace yourselves, world, here comes Kid President!

-- Chris Weigant

 

Cross-posted at The Huffington Post

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

145 Comments on “Kid President”

  1. [1] 
    Kick wrote:

    {moved forward}

    Sean Spicer on Monday: "I don't know why you need additional resources when you already have three entities," Spicer said. "The President's been very clear there are two issues at hand. One is the involvement of Russia potentially in respect to the election and then the President's involvement. The FBI Director and others have made it very clear that the president is not the subject of anything."

    You were saying, Sean?

    Firing FBI Director Comey was a stupid move on Trump's part. It is delicious irony that an FBI Director has been appointed by Trump's DOJ to investigate Trump for criminal involvement. The DOJ just appointed an ex FBI Director that served in the position longer than any other FBI Director except for one... J. Edgar Hoover. How unfortunate for Trump that the FBI is now so heavily involved, particularly since Flynn and others lied to the FBI.

    Anyone who knows Trump's history knows how problematic this is for Trump. Being that Trump knows Trump's history, and I say this with great surety, regardless of any statements to the contrary, Poor Donald and his administration have now begun to panic.

    Public opinion polls were showing that approximately 80% of the public wanted a special counsel to investigate Trump, and Rod Rosenstein said he appointed one for the people. Finally, an opinion poll worth a shit. :)

  2. [2] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    Dangnabbit!

    That's the third day in a row I've posted an article only to realize there's been another political earthquake while I've been busy typing!

    When will it stop?!?

    Heh.

    -CW

  3. [3] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    National Security Council officials have strategically included Trump's name in "as many paragraphs as we can because he keeps reading if he's mentioned," according to one source, who relayed conversations he had with N.S.C. officials.

    I read this earlier and couldn't stop laughing! Then the man-baby spoke at the Coast Guard graduation and complained that he's been mistreated more than any other president in history! It is so unfair that our press insists on reporting the actual things he says and does instead of just reporting that he did great!

  4. [4] 
    Paula wrote:

    [2] Chris: I was going to say you've been posting relatively "early" lately, which is great for we east coasters, but every night something seems to break after dinner!

    Tonight we have both Special Prosecture AND recording (from who, who, who?) of Ryan and others talking about the Russians hacking the DNC and McCarthy saying he thinks the Russians pay Plumpie.

    Also, it never occurred to me that the Russians hacked the DNC to get the DNC oppo-research on Plumpie. Am I misunderstanding this or is the insinuation Plumpie hired Russian hackers to find out what the DNC had on him?

  5. [5] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    perhaps there's a dog down a well somewhere for fox news to lead with.

  6. [6] 
    Paula wrote:

    OR did the Russian hackers offer to Plumpie, for "free" or for money or for some other favor, the info they found when they hacked the DNC?

  7. [7] 
    TheStig wrote:

    CW-

    You will not be able to keep up with the earthquakes. Trump has an attention span that is less than the length of a short sentence. All the mimics pick up on this, notably Alec Baldwin who has been very open about this being the core of his Trump impersonation.
    White House staff have told the press that Baldwin is spot on.

    This has not mattered much in Trump's rather forgiving past professional life, but it seems to finally matter now. Trump has Peter Principled himself to his level of incompetence. It is an incompetence characterized by a very short cycle time.

    FTP should allow you to catch up once week. You may need to throw in a "leap" FTP once in a while.

  8. [8] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    ListenWhenYouHear -

    Yeah, that's what stood out for me too. I had heard the bit about the maps and charts and bullet points earlier, but the "let's stick his name in there so he won't tune out" was just stunning.

    Paula [4] -

    Yeah, I've been rushing through the editing/formatting/posting phase, because I just know there's going to be some flashing headline I've missed in the meantime...

    Oh, well, in the immortal words of Hunter S. Thompson, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." I gotta up my game just to keep up...

    TheStig -

    I used to occasionally use Thursdays to cover the weekly rundown part, just to save time on Fridays. May have to revisit that...

    -CW

  9. [9] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @CW,

    scandal naming contest?

    i say let's call it...

    grab the putin!

    :D

    JL

  10. [10] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Houston, we have special counsel

    I am under the impression this is less special than a special prosecutor.

  11. [11] 
    Kick wrote:

    Paula
    6

    OR did the Russian hackers offer to Plumpie, for "free" or for money or for some other favor, the info they found when they hacked the DNC?

    That is the small potatoes part of the case. Word on the street for months now has been that they're looking at laundered money being funneled into the GOP via Russia. Six FISA warrants and at least 2 grand juries already convened along with multiple subpoenas being issued. Manafort and Flynn are in this deep. You remember Flynn, he's already stated via his lawyer that he has "a real story to tell"... in exchange for immunity, of course. Flynn told the Trump administration he was under federal investigation before Trump made him National Security Advisor. Trump knew and hired Flynn anyway; Pence knew and lied about Flynn lying to him. Anyway, this is FINALLY starting to break into news reports... so there it is. This doesn't just involve the Trump campaign by any stretch of the imagination; it goes much deeper... up to and including the GOP accepting laundered money from Russia.

    Whether or not this is provable remains to be seen. How fortunate for American democracy that the DOJ has appointed an FBI Director with deep ties to the Bureau and FBI personnel already on this case in order to look into all this.

    The bad guys need to get lucky every time.
    The good guys just need to get lucky once.
    -- Narcos

  12. [12] 
    Paula wrote:

    [11] Kick: Yes, I just read the story about Flynn telling them he was under investigation and they appointed him anyway.

    Well, we've known all along there was shitloads of dirt on DT and now we'll be privy to at least some of it.

  13. [13] 
    Kick wrote:

    TS
    10

    Houston, we have special counsel

    I am under the impression this is less special than a special prosecutor.

    Nope... it's merely semantics; they are indeed the exact same thing.

  14. [14] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @CW,

    ross douthat of the NY Times seems to agree with your kid president assessment, which is why he recommends a 25th amendment solution - pence and the cabinet ruling trump unfit to continue as president.

    "A child cannot be president. I love my children; they cannot have the nuclear codes.
    But a child also cannot really commit “high crimes and misdemeanors” in any usual meaning of the term."

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/opinion/25th-amendment-trump.html?_r=0

  15. [15] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Re-10

    My mistake, the terms are roughly equivalent, special council is used for appointments made since the old special council laws expired in the '80s.

  16. [16] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Thanks kick, right yo are. New York Times account put me on the wrong track. A call to a lawyer buddy set me straight.

  17. [17] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @ts,

    wrong kind of counsel. the words sound the same but are spelled differently and mean different things.

    http://www.upwritepress.com/_blog/Write_for_Business_-_Blog/post/Using_the_Right_Word_counsel,_council,_consul/

    @kick,

    is there some sort of evidence that pence lied about being lied to by flynn, or is this just speculation?

    JL

  18. [18] 
    altohone wrote:

    Hey CW

    Crazy week on my end too... I've tried to come here to get caught up twice, and I'm just falling further behind.

    Apologies to any I may owe a response to...

    Anyway, haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I saw you had a Syria/Iraq ISIS column.
    Here's something originally from AlterNet worth a read-

    http://therealnews.com/t2/component/content/article/596-rania-khalek/3143--ignored-by-western-media-syrians-describe-the-nightmare-the-armed-opposition-brought-them

    Probably not the same universe as your column... maybe I'll have time to find out tomorrow.

    A

  19. [19] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Back to the kid prez meme. I knew this to be accurate when I saw Trump bouncing up and down in the driver's seat of the black tractor cab. Like a grocery store ride, the kind you put dime in.

  20. [20] 
    altohone wrote:

    Hey CW and gang

    This is a little more topical

    http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=19120

    An interview with a former FBI official who testified after 9/11... she was called a whistleblower but doesn't like the term.

    She has some choice words about the special prosecutor.
    And she has some concerns I share about the reasons behind some of this brouhaha which even our resident trumpling should note... which also means a bunch of people here may not like it for the wrong reasons.

    A

  21. [21] 
    Kick wrote:

    JL
    17

    is there some sort of evidence that pence lied about being lied to by flynn, or is this just speculation?

    Pence being the head of Trump's transition team was privy to the information long before Flynn was fired. Pence knew in January at the time Flynn notified the transition team, and he was also notified in November 2016 by none other than Elijah Cummings.

    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article137866598.ece/BINARY/Cummings%27%20letter%20to%20Pence#storylink=related_inline

  22. [22] 
    Kick wrote:

    Interesting documentary film from the Netherlands posted yesterday, parts 1 and 2 combined... the most I have seen in one place regarding Trump SoHo and Bayrock. In the case against Bayrock, the public prosecutor of the State of New York has given Frederick Oberlander the go-ahead to represent a group of clients who are suing Bayrock "on behalf of themselves and the people of the State of New York."

    http://www.salon.com/2017/05/16/watch-dutch-documentary-investigates-trumps-links-to-russian-mob/

    From ZEMBLA website:

    ZEMBLA is investigating another explosive dossier concerning Trump’s involvement with the Russians: Trump’s business and personal ties to oligarchs from the former Soviet Union. Powerful billionaires suspected of money laundering and fraud, and of having contacts in Moscow and with the mafia. What do these relationships say about Trump and why does he deny them? How compromising are these dubious business relationships for the 45th president of the United States? And are there connections with the Netherlands? ZEMBLA meets with one of Trump’s controversial cronies and speaks with a former CIA agent, fraud investigators, attorneys, and an American senator among others.

    Continued...

  23. [23] 
    Kick wrote:

    Also published today:

    Here’s A Closer Look At Donald Trump’s Disturbingly Deep Ties To Russia

    http://fortune.com/2017/05/17/donald-trump-russia-2/

    In September 2008, Donald Trump Jr. gave the following statement to the “Bridging U.S. and Emerging Markets Real Estate” conference in Manhattan: “[I]n terms of high-end product influx into the United States, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets; say in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo and anywhere in New York. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” Trump’s many deals with Bayrock unravels Donald Jr’s comments. He refers specifically to the Soho venture in which Trump partnered with the Russian-connected Bayrock group.

    Trump’s 2013 sojourn in Russia for the Miss Universe pageant was far less innocent that he would have us believe. According to the Washington Post, the deal to bring the pageant to Russia was “financed in part by the development company of a Russian billionaire Aras Agalarov.… a Putin ally who is sometimes called the ‘Trump of Russia’ because of his tendency to put his own name on his buildings.”

    While in Moscow, Trump met with Russian oligarchs who were closely aligned with President Vladimir Putin, including Herman Gref, the chief executive officer of the state-controlled Sberbank, Russia’s largest bank. In 2014, the United States and the European Union sanctioned Sberbank in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. “The Russian market is attracted to me,” Trump said. “Almost all of the oligarchs were in the room,” he bragged. He tweeted, “TRUMP TOWER-MOSCOW is next.”

    The Bayrock Group’s Felix Sater emerges again during the Trump campaign and presidency. Sater contributed the maximum $5,400 to Donald Trump’s campaign. Then on February 19, 2017, the New York Times reported that “A week before Trump fired Michael Flynn resigned as national security advisor, a sealed proposal was hand-delivered to his office, outlining a way for President Trump to lift sanctions against Russia.”

    The Times said that three men were responsible for developing and delivering the plan: Andrew Cohen, Trump’s personal lawyer, and Andrii V. Artemenko, a pro-Russian member of the Ukrainian parliament.

    The third man was none other than Trump’s former business partner and convicted fraudster, Felix Sater. How and why Sater became involved with a key member of the Trump administration in the most sensitive of diplomatic transactions between the United States and Russia remains one of the many mysteries to be resolved by congressional and FBI investigators.

  24. [24] 
    neilm wrote:

    So we have a special council. Good. But the key will be the scope of the investigation.

    We need the following investigated in order of importance:

    1. How much is 45 in debt to Russian and Chinese nationals

    2. Has 45 been engaged in money laundering for Russian and/or Chinese criminals

    3. Did Russia put their thumb on the scale in the 2016 election

    4. Did 45 try to obstruct justice by firing Comey, etc.

    5. Did 45's campaign collude with Russia during the election

    My concern is that the special council will only investigate #5 but then the Republicans will announce that 45 is clear of all wrongdoing in #1-#4 as well.

  25. [25] 
    Mopshell wrote:

    [24] neilm -

    My concern is that the special council will only investigate #5 but then the Republicans will announce that 45 is clear of all wrongdoing in #1-#4 as well.

    From the official order announcing the appointment of Mueller as Special Counsel:

    The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation including:

    (i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and any individuals associated with the campaign of Donald Trump; and

    (ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

    (iii) any other matters within the scope of CFR § 600.4(a).

  26. [26] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @neil,

    My concern is that the special council [sic] will only investigate #5 but then the Republicans will announce that 45 is clear of all wrongdoing in #1-#4 as well.

    the special counsel has a broad scope, so it's likely he'll fully investigate all the allegations.

    JL

  27. [27] 
    michale wrote:

    The way I see it, there are 2 possibilities..

    ONE... This is all an elaborate scam by the Trump Administration in collusion with the GOP... They give the Dims EVERYTHING the Dims want (Sessions recusal, Special Prosecutor) and NOTHING is found. Dims have egg all over their face and 2018 is another Dim massacre..

    Michale laughs his ass off... :D

    TWO.. The Dims hysterical obstructionism pays off and President Trump is forced out.. This leaves PRESIDENT PENCE, a result that ya'all have stated on numerous occasions, would be "MUCH WORSE" than President Trump...

    Michale laughs his ass off.... :D

    So, either way, I get to laugh my ass off at the short sightedness and stoopidity of the entire Left Wingery!!

    It's a win, win!!! :D

  28. [28] 
    TheStig wrote:

    I wonder if Trump, even now, is aware of the 25th amendment? He doesn't like to read, and the Constitution isn't easy to parse. Why, it's almost as complicated as health care!

    Would a paranoid man-baby with poor impulse control be taking a trip overseas if he knew about the 25th? Here's a paranoid interlude Trump might have, readers can cue harp music:

    "If the Republican Leadership (and I'm including the big donors in the functional leadership) were to engineer a palace coup, what better time could there be? Pence is acting President and I'm out of town?!!! Has Jared taken a head count? Do I trust Jared? Jarrrred!"

    Still time to cancel the flight.

  29. [29] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Trump's speech to Coast Guard Academy was beyond shameful.

    At his core, Trump is what he says he likes to grab.

  30. [30] 
    michale wrote:

    So, either way, I get to laugh my ass off at the short sightedness and stoopidity of the entire Left Wingery!!

    It's a win, win!!! :D

    Of course, it's a loss for this country...

    But since when has the Democrats, or the majority of Weigantians for that matter, ever given a rats (rat's?? ) ass about this country.

    Answer.. Not since the Bush Administration...

  31. [31] 
    neilm wrote:

    TWO.. The Dims hysterical obstructionism pays off and President Trump is forced out

    Trump is toast prediction #1,466 ;)

  32. [32] 
    michale wrote:

    Trump is toast prediction #1,466 ;)

    Actually, that is, for me, Trump is Toast prediction #1..

    But thanks for the laugh.. :D hehehehehe

  33. [33] 
    neilm wrote:

    Finally, Trump himself is biased against his own presidency. He knows he can’t do the job. That is clear because he oozes insecurity, he constantly needs praise, and no one can effectively reassure him that he really deserves the job.

    This just about sums it up:

    https://medium.com/@davepell/the-relentless-bias-against-donald-trump-185c3a5bf734

  34. [34] 
    michale wrote:

    Finally, Trump himself is biased against his own presidency. He knows he can’t do the job. That is clear because he oozes insecurity, he constantly needs praise, and no one can effectively reassure him that he really deserves the job.

    And, plus he has a -R after his name, so....... :^/

  35. [35] 
    michale wrote:

    Further, the inarguable 3-facts are completely ignored when such claims are made..

    Funny how no one has successfully refuted those.. :D

  36. [36] 
    TheStig wrote:

    AILES DEAD AT 77

    Mr. Ailes will be taking the position of Media Director of Hell INC. "I look forward to working with Mr. Ailes," said Hell CEO L.B. Satan."

    Too harsh? Nahhh

  37. [37] 
    michale wrote:

    Too harsh? Nahhh

    Yea, he was only a Right Winger after all..

    NOTHING is too harsh against a Right Winger...

    It's times like these that makes it embarrassing to be part of the Weigantian community....

  38. [38] 
    michale wrote:

    BREAKING NEWS!!!!! ANONYMOUS SOURCES IN THE WHITE HOUSE STATE THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP PERSONALLY MURDERED ROGER AILES!!! PELOSI BEGINNING IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS IN HOUSE!!!
    -WaPoop

    Nothing's too hysterical for the Dumbocrats....

  39. [39] 
    BashiBazouk wrote:

    In memory of Roger Ailes, skirts at Fox News will be lowered to half mast today...

  40. [40] 
    Paula wrote:

    [36} TheStig wrote: "Too harsh?" Nahhh.

    Seconded.

  41. [41] 
    michale wrote:

    [36} TheStig wrote: "Too harsh?" Nahhh.

    Seconded.

    Yea, like I said...

    He was only a Right Winger after all..

    NOTHING is too harsh against a Right Winger...

    It's times like these that makes it embarrassing to be part of the Weigantian community....

    The pillar of tolerance.... :^/

  42. [42] 
    michale wrote:

    the special counsel has a broad scope, so it's likely he'll fully investigate all the allegations.

    INCLUDING the improper and illegal surveillance, wire-tapping and unmasking of Americans by the Obama Administration..

    Ya'all have your Special Prosecutor....

    And *ALL* that it entails.... :D

  43. [43] 
    michale wrote:

    Mueller is a Republican and, from all accounts, a LOYAL Republican...

    Dims are gonna get hosed!!! :D

  44. [44] 
    michale wrote:

    Paula,

    All that makes the appointment of Robert Mueller a no brainer, but there is something more important going on as well. The odds are that the Department of Justice would not launch this sort of investigation if they did not already have an inkling of there being no real issues with the president. If they were really concerned about the president, they would keep this in house where they could exercise greater damage control.

    Democrats have been railing on about the president, convinced he worked in collaboration with the Russians to steal the election. There is no evidence of this, but Democrats cannot acknowledge what a terrible candidate Hillary Clinton really was. So they bitterly cling to Russia, which is the Democrats’ version of birtherism.

    Most likely, there will be no evidence that Donald Trump plotted with the Russians to steal the election. After two years of Democrats claiming otherwise, this will be another cry wolf moment. And that moment will come during the 2018 midterm elections. Democrats will not be able to assail the credibility of Robert Mueller. When he says the president did not do anything wrong, they will have nothing left.

    That will open a path for Republicans to sow seeds of doubt about the rest of the Democrats’ message just as the Democrats begin melting down in rage against Mueller. They will be unable to do anything.

    Instead of fretting, Republicans should be reassured by the Mueller appointment. The Department of Justice has just blown up a Democrat talking point that Jeff Sessions and those beneath him on the DOJ organizational chart were too partisan to ever do anything like this. And once Mueller gives the president a pass, the rest of the Democrat arguments will collapse, too. Maybe then they’ll finally come to terms with how bad a candidate Hillary Clinton really was.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/18/erick-erickson-mueller-returns-and-republicans-should-rejoice.html

    The mere fact that President Trump's DOJ allowed this special investigation to go thru with Director Mueller is three-fold..

    ONE.. They KNOW that there is nothing there..

    TWO.. They KNOW that a man of Mueller's integrity will not be pressured to FIND something where nothing exists..

    THREE.. When Director Mueller exonerates the Trump Administration of any wrong-doing, it will be close to the mid-term elections and the Dims will look like complete and utter morons... There won't be a Democrat who will be able to be elected dog-catcher!!!

    :D

    Once again, the Democrats have gotten completely and utterly PLAYED by President Donald Trump!!! :D

    BBBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    He who laughs last, laughs best... :D

    And I have been having the BEST laughs of my decade + here in Weigantia.... :D

  45. [45] 
    michale wrote:

    I mean, Paula herself said it best..

    She asked why doesn't Trump allow a SP if he has nothing to hide so that the SP can exonerate Trump..

    Apparently President Trump took Paula's advice!!! :D

    Ya just GOTS to love the irony... :D

  46. [46] 
    Paula wrote:

    Time Magazine: Inside Russia’s Social Media War on America

    Marrying a hundred years of expertise in influence operations to the new world of social media, Russia may finally have gained the ability it long sought but never fully achieved in the Cold War: to alter the course of events in the U.S. by manipulating public opinion. The vast openness and anonymity of social media has cleared a dangerous new route for antidemocratic forces. “Using these technologies, it is possible to undermine democratic government, and it’s becoming easier every day,” says Rand Waltzman of the Rand Corp., who ran a major Pentagon research program to understand the propaganda threats posed by social media technology.

    http://time.com/magazine/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam

  47. [47] 
    Paula wrote:

    Sgt. Shultz: Tell yourself there will be no dirt uncovered if it makes you feel good. Those of us in the reality-based community are busily totting up all the dirt that's already been discovered -- you know, the stuff they ignore on FOX.

    I KNOW NOTHING! I SEE NOTHING!

  48. [48] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    27

    The way I see it, there are 2 possibilities..

    Two whole possibilities? :)

    ONE... This is all an elaborate scam by the Trump Administration in collusion with the GOP... They give the Dims EVERYTHING the Dims want (Sessions recusal, Special Prosecutor) and NOTHING is found. Dims have egg all over their face and 2018 is another Dim massacre..

    Nothing is found? How high up one's ass would their head have to be in order to conclude "NOTHING is found" based on what's already known?

    TWO.. The Dims hysterical obstructionism pays off and President Trump is forced out.. This leaves PRESIDENT PENCE, a result that ya'all have stated on numerous occasions, would be "MUCH WORSE" than President Trump...

    "Obstructionism"? Is that what they're going with on the right-wing propaganda entertainment news venues? Did the propaganda news explain how "obstructionism" had anything to do with Trump and Pence hiring Michael Flynn knowing that Flynn was under criminal investigation by the FBI and why Trump asked the then-FBI Director to drop the criminal investigation of Flynn in violation of 18 U.S.C. Section 1505?

    So, either way, I get to laugh my ass off at the short sightedness and stoopidity of the entire Left Wingery!!

    "Short sightedness" and "stoopidity" are an interesting choice of words for a "Law Enforcement Officer/Guy Who Wore the Uniform" and therefore claims to have superior knowledge of the law and patriotism and things of that nature.

    Might there be a few more possibilities than 2? :D

  49. [49] 
    Paula wrote:

    The sad thing about the media outlets the Trumpies favor: those outlets have no respect for their readers/watchers/listeners. They think Trumpies are stupid and will believe anything, and they continue to dish it up. They won't even cover the mess Plumpie is in with any accuracy, making their listeners appear even more foolish and wicked to the rest of America and the world.

  50. [50] 
    michale wrote:

    . Wednesday, Trump was meeting in the Oval Office so he could give away secret intelligence to the Russians --

    So.... Let me see if I have this straight...

    On the ONE hand, ya'all have ANONYMOUS SOURCES, sources that aren't even in the government anymore, sources that weren't even at the meeting in question...

    On the other hand, you have 3 eyewitness accounts from people who WERE at the meeting, who HAVE gone on the record and who state that nothing inappropriate or untoward happened or was said..

    And *YA'ALL* believe the ANONYMOUS, FORMER officials who weren't even PRESENT!!!??? And ignore the on the record statements from people who were ACTUALLY PRESENT at the meeting in question...

    And ya'all *SERIOUSLY* think ya'all have credibility???

    On what planet!???

    Seriously, on what PLANET would ya'all have even the minutest SHRED, the merest IOTA of credibility???

    Because it sure as hell wouldn't be on Planet Earth....

    I mean, there is PTDS and then there is ***PTDS***...

    And ya'all have surpassed ***PTDS*** in spades.....

  51. [51] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    i've seen enough political turmoil this year not to presuppose the eventual outcome of russia-gate, much less its impact on the midterm elections. regardless, the decision to appoint mueller looks like a good one.

    “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.”
    ~mlk2

  52. [52] 
    michale wrote:

    Paula,

    . Those of us in the reality-based community are busily totting up all the dirt that's already been discovered -- you know, the stuff they ignore on FOX.

    You mean, like listening to ANONYMOUS SOURCES who are not even in government anymore and who weren't even present at the meeting they are supposedly leaking info on!??

    Yea, you are absolutely right..

    Listening to those types of sources is EXACTLY ya'all's problem.. :D

    The problem being is that it's people you who know nothing but who are too stoopid to realize that you know nothing... :D

    Anonymous sources who aren't even present is EXACTLY your idea of "reality based"...

    But it's pure fantasy...

  53. [53] 
    michale wrote:

    You see, in a REALITY based world, a President's DOJ would NEVER authorise a Special Prosecutor unless A> They knew the SP was above reproach and B> there was nothing to find...

    You said it yourself, Paula..

    Trump would authorize an SP ONLY if Trump knew there was nothing to find...

    So, your own words condemn your own position.. :D

    Gods, I hate being correct all the time.. :D

  54. [54] 
    Paula wrote:

    Here's the real question Schultzie: IF IT ALL TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE, what will your response be?

  55. [55] 
    SF Bear wrote:

    Note to Michale: Trump may not be toast yet but he sure is looking a little burnt around the edges.

  56. [56] 
    michale wrote:

    Here's the real question Schultzie:

    No, here's the real question, sweet cheeks..

    You said if Trump had nothing to hide, he would authorize the Special Prosecutor...

    Trump authorized the Special Prosecutor..

    BY YOUR OWN WORDS, President Trump has nothing to hide... :D

    "These are the facts of the case. And they are undisputed.."

  57. [57] 
    michale wrote:

    Note to Michale: Trump may not be toast yet but he sure is looking a little burnt around the edges.

    Perhaps..

    And if Trump *DOES* turn out to be toast..

    We'll have President Pence...

    A fate, ya'all have stated, that would be WORSE than Trump... :D

    So, I STILL get to laugh my ass off...

    Irregardless of WHAT happens, guess what???

    NOT-45 WILL NOT BE PRESIDENT!!! :D

    BBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  58. [58] 
    michale wrote:

    IF IT ALL TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE, what will your response be?

    If it all turns out to be true, then we'll have President Pence..

    And I will laugh my ass off!!! :D

  59. [59] 
    michale wrote:

    Why will I be laughing my ass off??

    Because no matter WHAT happens, the Democrats, the Left Wingery and every Weigantian loses!!!!!

    What's not to laugh?? :D

  60. [60] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    Trump would authorize an SP ONLY if Trump knew there was nothing to find...

    perhaps, but there's some evidence to suggest both that the appointment was not donald's decision, and that donald was not happy with the decision. deputy AG rosenstein seems to have acted on his own authority, since the white house counsel didn't know about the appointment until after it was signed.

    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/president-trump-calls-appointment-special-counsel-witch-hunt/

  61. [61] 
    Paula wrote:

    [56] Schultzie dodges.

    As expected.

    But reiterates his most fundamental motivation: anything that makes Dems unhappy is good.

    Treason? no problem, if it upsets Liberals.

    Collusion to impact our elections? No problem, if it helps us cheat our way to power.

    Easing up on ISIS? No problem, if it helps Plumpie become POTUS.

    Destroying trust in democracy? No problem if Repubs are in charge and get to destroy protections for working people and empower the rich even more.

    Destroy protections for working people? No problem…well, might not like that but not hearing about it on FOX, and anyway, will just blame Obama in the end.

    Obstruction of justice? There is no such thing for republicans, only for Democrats.

    And the list goes on.

    Ah well, Sgt. Schultzie is predictable and true-to-form. If you want to know what today's American-hating-unpatriotic-Putin-lovers are being fed by rightwing/Russian propagandists at any moment, just wait for Schultzie's next posts.

  62. [62] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    Because no matter WHAT happens, the Democrats, the Left Wingery and every Weigantian loses!!!!!

    whether or not donald is removed, the whole country loses, not just the left. the only clear winner here is vladimir putin.

    JL

  63. [63] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @kick,

    if it's proven that pence lied about flynn as well, does that mean we may end up with... president ryan?

    JL

  64. [64] 
    michale wrote:

    But reiterates his most fundamental motivation: anything that makes Dems unhappy is good.

    Do you mean, as opposed to YOUR motivation that anything that makes the GOP unhappy is good??

    Stones, glass house... sweet cheeks.. :D

  65. [65] 
    michale wrote:

    whether or not donald is removed, the whole country loses, not just the left. the only clear winner here is vladimir putin.

    Maybe the Left should have thought about that before they started this hysterical obstructionist bullshit..

    But, with the Left it's PARTY UBER ALLES...

    perhaps, but there's some evidence to suggest both that the appointment was not donald's decision, and that donald was not happy with the decision.

    Yea?? Like the evidence from ANONYMOUS sources that aren't even in government that weren't even at the meeting they were leaking???

    It still astounds me that you would call that "evidence"...

    The simple fact is that President Trump could have stopped the SP if he wanted to..

    If Dep AG Rosenstein still has a job at the end of the week, we will know that President Trump signed off on the SP..

    And, per Sweet Cheeks Paula, if President Trump signed off on it, then there is nothing to any of it... :D

  66. [66] 
    michale wrote:

    if it's proven that pence lied about flynn as well, does that mean we may end up with... president ryan?

    BBBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    Stop it!!!! Yer killing me!!!!

    BBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  67. [67] 
    michale wrote:

    [56] Schultzie dodges.

    As expected.

    As usual, you are lying sweet cheeks.. I didn't dodge.. I answered you completely and truthfully in comment #58...

    Please quit lying....

  68. [68] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    Maybe the Left should have thought about that before they started this hysterical obstructionist bullshit..

    so... if it turns out that the president committed high crimes and misdemeanors, it would be the Left's fault for hysterically obstructing him?

    The simple fact is that President Trump could have stopped the SP if he wanted to..

    yes, that strategy worked so well for nixon...

    JL

  69. [69] 
    michale wrote:

    so... if it turns out that the president committed high crimes and misdemeanors, it would be the Left's fault for hysterically obstructing him?

    So... If it turns out that the President did nothing of the sort, will you admit that it IS the Left's fault for hysterically obstructing him??

    I'll show you mine if you show me yours.. :D

  70. [70] 
    michale wrote:

    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

    :D

  71. [71] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    So... If it turns out that the President did nothing of the sort, will you admit that it IS the Left's fault for hysterically obstructing him??

    no, i won't because they haven't. dems are minorities in both houses and now on the supreme court as well - they have no power to obstruct. the only thing obstructing donald is donald.

    JL

  72. [72] 
    michale wrote:

    The simple fact is that President Trump could have stopped the SP if he wanted to..

    yes, that strategy worked so well for nixon...

    So, we're agreed that Trump COULD have stopped the SP if he wanted to... Just like Nixon.. And, since Trump is EXACTLY Nixonian, per ya'all's own claims, the fact that Trump allowed the SP is proof that there is nothing to the Democrat's accusations.. Per Sweet Cheek's own words..

    Dontcha'all just HATE when ya'all's own words cement my arguments?? :D

  73. [73] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

    kid blogger?

  74. [74] 
    michale wrote:

    no, i won't because they haven't.

    Then I won't either.... :D

    dems are minorities in both houses and now on the supreme court as well - they have no power to obstruct.

    Ahhhhh So, it's ONLY the Republicans who have the power to obstruct when they are in the minority... :D

    Iddn't it FUNNY how that is, eh?? :D

  75. [75] 
    michale wrote:

    kid blogger?

    Or maybe a Russian spy.... :D

  76. [76] 
    michale wrote:

    I am just having an inordinate amount of fun at ya'all's expense... :D

    What can I say... It's been a slow day and I am running low on beer... :D

  77. [77] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    So, we're agreed that Trump COULD have stopped the SP if he wanted to... Just like Nixon.. And, since Trump is EXACTLY Nixonian, per ya'all's own claims, the fact that Trump allowed the SP is proof that there is nothing to the Democrat's accusations

    that conclusion does not follow from those premises, even if they were accurate, which they're not. first, he couldn't have stopped it because the WH counsel didn't know about it. he could have only fired people after the fact. second, nobody has claimed that donald is "exactly" like nixon. nixon would be horrified at trump's lack of basic knowledge on foreign and domestic policy. since trump did not "allow" the special counsel, your conclusion is illogical.

    JL

  78. [78] 
    michale wrote:

    dems are minorities in both houses and now on the supreme court as well - they have no power to obstruct.

    So, what you are saying is that back when Dems had a lock on the government and ya'all accused the GOP of obstruction, that ya'all were LYING!????

    Say it ain't so!!!!!!! :D

    TAKE ONE DOWN, PASS IT AROUND, 44 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL!!!!

    :D heh

  79. [79] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    Ahhhhh So, it's ONLY the Republicans who have the power to obstruct when they are in the minority... :D

    ultimately they didn't, which is how we got obamacare.

    JL

  80. [80] 
    michale wrote:

    . he could have only fired people after the fact.

    And, since no one has been fired, the logical conclusion is that what occurred is EXACTLY what President Trump wanted..

    "No studying.... huurrrrrummpppphhhhhh"
    -Bill Murray, GHOSTBUSTERS

    :D

    second, nobody has claimed that donald is "exactly" like nixon

    I could prove that wrong, but what would be the point.. :D

    since trump did not "allow" the special counsel, your conclusion is illogical.

    Since you have no facts to support your claim that Trump didn't allow the SP, your conclusion that my conclusion is illogical, is illogical...

    "This isn't the time to talk about time!!! We don't have the time!!!"
    -Deanna Troi, STAR TREK 8, FIRST CONTACT

    :D

  81. [81] 
    michale wrote:

    ultimately they didn't, which is how we got obamacare.

    OK, so we agree that the GOP wasn't obstructing before they acquired the House/Senate under the Obama Adminstration..

    So, any claims of GOP obstructionism at that time was nothing but bullshit and lies..

    OK, I can agree with that.. :D

  82. [82] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    Since you have no facts to support your claim that Trump didn't allow the SP

    not the case. as PBS reported, the WH did not know about mueller's appointment until it was completed. that's a fact. the decision to fire someone who is investigating his campaign has already caused donald major political problems, that's also a fact. trump called the appointment a "witch hunt." also a fact. put those three facts together, stir lightly, and voila! trump didn't allow it.

    JL

  83. [83] 
    michale wrote:

    I know, I know..

    I should take all this more seriously..

    But I am simply giddy with how badly the Dems have screwed up...

    If the BEST thing that could possibly happen (Trump is forced out as POTUS) then it will be the WORST thing that could happen to the DIM Party!!

    PRESIDENT PENCE!!!!

    Can't you see the utterly DELICIOUS humor in that!!??? :D It's frakin' HILARIOUS!!! :D

    Truly a textbook definition of HOISTED BY THEIR OWN PETARD.... :D

    How can ya not appreciate that?? :D

  84. [84] 
    michale wrote:

    not the case. as PBS reported, the WH did not know about mueller's appointment until it was completed. that's a fact.

    No, that is what has been reported by a Left Wing rag... The same type of rag that reported anonymous sources not in the government who weren't at a meeting but had details of the meeting..

    You know better than to call that "FACT"...

    put those three {rumors} together, stir lightly, and voila!

    Conjecture....

  85. [85] 
    michale wrote:

    Time will tell who is wrong and who is right... :D

    Even if you are right and Trump is forced out.. It's STILL going to be hilarious for me.. :D

    Watching ya'all start the whole hysterical cycle over again complaining about President Pence.. :D

  86. [86] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    the associated press is a left wing rag? puh-lease.

    You know better than to call that "FACT".

    if it can be proven true or false, then a claim is factual. AP verify their sources before they print.

    JL

  87. [87] 
    michale wrote:

    if it can be proven true or false, then a claim is factual. AP verify their sources before they print.

    So did WaPoop...

    Doesn't mean squat...

    Like I said, it matters little..

    The REAL facts will come out eventually...

    Regardless of which way it goes, I'll still be having a blast.. :D

  88. [88] 
    michale wrote:

    Regardless of which way it goes, I'll still be having a blast.. :D

    And NOT-45 will STILL be NOT-45

    :D

  89. [89] 
    michale wrote:

    And in ANOTHER blow to the DumboRats, Joe Lieberman is going to be the next Director of the FBI!!!!

    It just DOESN'T get any better than this!!!! :D

  90. [90] 
    michale wrote:

    the associated press is a left wing rag? puh-lease.

    You quoted PBS, not AP..

    PBS *IS* as Left Wing rag...

    Get yer story straight....

  91. [91] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    PBS *IS* as Left Wing rag (sic)

    Tell that to David Koch, whose name is on nearly every program.

    And speaking of your 'President Pence' scenario, Pence was the head of the transition team, which was informed both that Flynn was acting as an unregistered foreign agent, and that he was under investigation by the FBI. Yet, after all this was repeated to him after WAPO broke the story, said that it was "the first" he'd heard of it. I was Flynn 'lying' to Pence that was used as an excuse to fire Flynn, not his messy portfolio. But that places Pence at the center of the coverup, not at the periphery.

    So if Pence gets caught up in this, he too could lose his job and the presidency would go to the speaker of the house, Nancy Pelosi.

    What? Didn't you know that investigations take time? That with the President under investigation, the GOP divided, and the Dems activated, the prospects of the GOP holding the house in 2018 are looking slimmer and slimmer.

    But not to worry. Because of her advanced age, Pelosi will probably hand the Presidency over to her newly minted vice president - Hillary Clinton!

  92. [92] 
    michale wrote:

    What? Didn't you know that investigations take time? That with the President under investigation, the GOP divided, and the Dems activated, the prospects of the GOP holding the house in 2018 are looking slimmer and slimmer.

    And since the GOP is in TOTAL control of the investigation AND the timeline, the investigation will be over long before the 2018 mid-terms.. Which means President Paul Ryan.. :D

    Whaa?? You didn't know that Robert Mueller was a Republican!??? :D

    But not to worry. Because of her advanced age, Pelosi will probably hand the Presidency over to her newly minted vice president - Hillary Clinton!

    Like I said...

    TOTALLY delusional...

    What *IS* the color of the sky on your planet?? :D

  93. [93] 
    michale wrote:

    But credit where credit is due..

    You DID get Sweet Cheek's heart all aflutter with that outlandishly ridiculous scenario.. :D

  94. [94] 
    SF Bear wrote:

    Balthasar: Now that is a fantasy world I would like to live in.

  95. [95] 
    TheStig wrote:

    World's bigliest witch hunt tweets Mr. Twump.

    I don't think so. It doesn't even makes the Top Four (Trier, Fulda, Wurzburg and Bamburg). Now those were real witch hunts! Just because you managed to turned yourself into a toad back in the 80's doesn't make you special.

  96. [96] 
    michale wrote:

    Balthasar: Now that is a fantasy world I would like to live in.

    I know, right!??? :D

  97. [97] 
    SF Bear wrote:

    Imagine the country being run by Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton - Poor Michale would be in convulsions.

  98. [98] 
    Kick wrote:

    JL
    63

    if it's proven that pence lied about flynn as well, does that mean we may end up with... president ryan?

    Depending on how much the IC can prove, and they've been on it for months with the focus being primarily on Flynn and Manafort, you might even see a President Hatch.

    I'm not kidding. :)

  99. [99] 
    michale wrote:

    Imagine the country being run by Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton - Poor Michale would be in convulsions.

    No, this country would be in convulsions...

    VIOLENT convulsions...

    Would make the Left Wingery Berkeley riots look like nothing...

  100. [100] 
    michale wrote:

    Depending on how much the IC can prove, and they've been on it for months with the focus being primarily on Flynn and Manafort, you might even see a President Hatch.

    I'm not kidding. :)

    We know yer not kidding..

    That's why it's sad....

  101. [101] 
    Paula wrote:

    Schultzie: Do you mean, as opposed to YOUR motivation that anything that makes the GOP unhappy is good??

    It is not my desire to make Republicans unhappy. It is my desire that individual Republicans do one of two things: recognize the rot that has turned their party into a cesspool and refuse to continue supporting it -- i.e. become independent or join the Dems, OR, recognize the rot that has turned their party into a cesspool and work with integrity to change it into a party that believes in facts, truth, promoting the general welfare, the rule of law, that no man is above the law, separation of church and state, etc.

    If republicans, in the process of recognizing the rot, experience unhappiness, that is to be expected. The way out of it is to STOP being lying, enabling sacks of crap.

    If republicans refuse to recognize the rot and refuse to recognize their contributions to the continuation of the rot, then they must also live with the disrespect and loathing they inspire in others.

  102. [102] 
    michale wrote:

    Schultzie: Do you mean, as opposed to YOUR motivation that anything that makes the GOP unhappy is good??

    Since you choose to address me as a character from a war series, allow me to return the favor..

    Hot Lips,

    It is not my desire to make Republicans unhappy.

    Oh what a crock of shit.. Your only goal in life is to screw over as many Republicans as possible as MUCH as possible..

    There you go with your lies again...

    If republicans refuse to recognize the rot and refuse to recognize their contributions to the continuation of the rot, then they must also live with the disrespect and loathing they inspire in others.

    And NOT-45 STILL lost to Donald Trump...

    Sucks to be you, Hot Lips.. :D

  103. [103] 
    michale wrote:

    Hot Lips,

    It is my desire that individual Republicans do one of two things: recognize the rot that has turned their party into a cesspool and refuse to continue supporting it -- i.e. become independent or join the Dems, OR, recognize the rot that has turned their party into a cesspool and work with integrity to change it into a party that believes in facts, truth, promoting the general welfare, the rule of law, that no man is above the law, separation of church and state, etc.

    "Think and act like *I* think you should think and act or else I will attack you and denigrate you and insult you all of my life.."
    -Hot Lips

    Yea... The PILLAR of tolerance....

    REALLY sucks to be you....

  104. [104] 
    Paula wrote:

    Sgt. Schultz:

    Oh what a crock of shit.. Your only goal in life is to screw over as many Republicans as possible as MUCH as possible..

    Methinks you are projecting. And, as usual you are arguing with your version of my statements, not my statements.

    As for tolerance, I certainly have none for deliberate dishonesty, willful ignorance, rank hypocrisy -- you know, your specialties.

  105. [105] 
    michale wrote:

    Hot Lips,

    Methinks you are projecting. And, as usual you are arguing with your version of my statements, not my statements.

    No, I am pointing out your rank hypocrisy and your faux-tolerance..

    You are really nothing more than what you accuse the Right of being..

    A heartless bigot who refuses to except any opinion as valid, save your own..

    Your constant personal attacks on me is proof positive of that intolerant and bigoted attitude...

  106. [106] 
    Kick wrote:

    The simple fact is that President Trump could have stopped the SP if he wanted to..

    This is utter nonsense. While it's true that Trump can fire the special counsel, Trump found out about the appointment of the special counsel only 30 minutes before it happened. It wasn't remotely his call.

  107. [107] 
    michale wrote:

    Hot Lips,

    As for tolerance, I certainly have none

    We certainly agree on THAT point...

  108. [108] 
    michale wrote:

    This is utter nonsense. While it's true that Trump can fire the special counsel, Trump found out about the appointment of the special counsel only 30 minutes before it happened. It wasn't remotely his call.

    Yes, that's what the Left Wing rags reported..

    And, of course, you gobble the shit up BECAUSE it's Left Wing shit...

    Like I said... Sad.....

  109. [109] 
    Paula wrote:

    Does our widdle Snowflake Schultzie hurt when big meanie Hot Lips attacks him? Awwwwww.

    Funny how trolling is a good time when you're dishing it out, but not so much fun when you're receiving it, isn't it?

    But hey, I've learned from you! Doesn't that make you feel good? Your legacy: teaching people how to troll people online for fun!

    But you seem to be losing your edge. Hmm, having your beloved imploding in all directions IS disheartening for you, of course.

    Let me see…would you like me to troll you with one arm tied behind my back?

  110. [110] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    100

    We know yer not kidding..

    That's why it's sad....

    Poor pitiful little man... does know all about "sad," that's for sure. Michale is so much like his orange idol, whom I highly suspect when the rubber meets the road will act exactly as Michale is now, lashing out personally at people, deflecting to Obama and Hillary, crying victim... while claiming victory.

    Neither you nor Trump are remotely as smart as you claim to be, so transparent, following an extremely predictable pattern, and I suspect the only person here that you're successfully convincing with your utter nonsensical BS is yourself. :)

  111. [111] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/18/trump-denies-comey-allegations-collusion-with-russia.html

    “There was no collusion between, certainly, myself and my campaign – but I can only speak for myself – and the Russians – zero,” he said, adding that questions surrounding his campaign were divisive and pulled focus from other problems facing the nation.

    Trump said he can only speak for himself -- and the RUSSIANS!

    I guess Putin approved Trump's speaking on Russia's behalf.

    But Trump, speaking in the East Room of the White House during a joint press conference alongside the visiting Colombian president, said while he respected the move by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to appoint a special counsel in the Russia probe, “the entire thing has been a witch hunt.”

    How does one support and respect something they refer to as a "witch hunt"?

  112. [112] 
    michale wrote:

    But hey, I've learned from you! Doesn't that make you feel good? Your legacy: teaching people how to troll people online for fun!

    So, you admit you are a troll....

    Good for you.. :D

  113. [113] 
    michale wrote:

    Neither you nor Trump are remotely as smart as you claim to be

    And yet, Trump is a successful business man, bested 19 qualified GOP candidates and beat the SHIT out of your hero, NOT-45..

    Me thinks yer just dining on crow and sour grapes.. :D

    As for me, no I am not as smart as Trump..

    But I am infinitely smarter than you...

    YOU voted for a two time LUSER!!! :D

    BBWWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  114. [114] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Neither you nor Trump are remotely as smart as you claim to be, so transparent, following an extremely predictable pattern, and I suspect the only person here that you're successfully convincing with your utter nonsensical BS is yourself. :)

    Sadly, it's unlikely that he even believes what he is saying. His argument is just too weak!

  115. [115] 
    michale wrote:

    And when all is said and done..

    Ya'all will either have President Trump or President Pence..

    BBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    So, no matter what...

    Ya'all LOSE!!!!!! :D

  116. [116] 
    michale wrote:

    Sadly, it's unlikely that he even believes what he is saying. His argument is just too weak!

    Which argument??

    The one where I said that Trump was going to win the Primary and then win the Presidency??

    Yea.. WEAK argument.. :D

    Also, dead on ballz accurate.. :D

    Face it, people..

    Ya'all CAN'T win...

  117. [117] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Enough with the trolling on both sides! Y'know, it might be nice if we could discuss an issue too, from time to time...

    So this, NOT from the Onion:

    While in Saudi Arabia, Trump will deliver a speech on Islam in an all-male ('natch) concert setting, followed by a performance by Toby Kieth.

    Actually happening. As K. McCarthy says, 'swear to god'....

  118. [118] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    102

    Oh what a crock of shit.. Your only goal in life is to screw over as many Republicans as possible as MUCH as possible..

    You profess to know what Paula's only goal in life is? Wow! What an utter load of obvious bullshit. It is so Trumpian the way Michale keeps projecting.

    Trump accused HRC of having a foundation that was nothing more than a slush fund... because Trump has a foundation that is nothing more than a slush fund (still under investigation in New York too).

    Michale like Trump isn't making an argument about his opponent; he's simply projecting. It's obvious to anyone paying attention that it's a defining aspect of Michale's and Trump’s rhetoric. Rather than challenge anyone on substance, Michale and Trump have an approach familiar to anyone who has spent time on an elementary schoolyard playground. I know you are, but what am I?

    There you go with your lies again...

    Just claimed to know Paula's only goal in life.
    Yet has an issue with "lies." *LOL* :)

  119. [119] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    For anyone that doesn't know, Toby Keith's hits include “I Love This Bar,” “Drunk Americans” and “I Like Girls That Drink Beer.”

    That'll go over well after a speech about Islam by someone who knows nothing about it.

    Not Obama's Cairo speech, for sure.

  120. [120] 
    michale wrote:

    When House Democratic leaders hastily called a news conference Wednesday to demonstrate their outrage at President Trump’s latest dramatics, they took great pains to show they were not seeking to railroad him out of the White House.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/us/politics/democrats-trump-impeachment.html

    BBWWWHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Now even the DIMS are back-pedaling off the IMPEACH TRUMP hysteria!!!

    My gods, this is so hilarious!!! :D

  121. [121] 
    michale wrote:

    Balthy,

    Enough with the trolling on both sides! Y'know, it might be nice if we could discuss an issue too, from time to time...

    Welcome to the Weigantia that ya'all have created..

    Personal attacks and name-calling is the ONLY way to go for ya'all...

    "Ya'all didn't start none, there wouldn't BE none!"
    -Agent J, MEN IN BLACK

  122. [122] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    108

    Yes, that's what the Left Wing rags reported..

    If you found that out on "Left Wing rags," then you're reading more of them than I am.

    And, of course, you gobble the shit up BECAUSE it's Left Wing shit...

    You're again projecting your shit onto someone else. Oh, shocker! You could have seen that coming? *LOL* :)

  123. [123] 
    michale wrote:

    While in Saudi Arabia, Trump will deliver a speech on Islam in an all-male ('natch) concert setting, followed by a performance by Toby Kieth.

    And you HONESTLY believe that President Trump had ANYTHING to do with scheduling the Toby Keith concert!??

    My gods, do you comprehend how COMPLETELY and UTTERLY stoopid you sound!????

    I am guessing you don't...

    Get a grip, dood.. Yer losin' it...

  124. [124] 
    michale wrote:

    Well, it's been a REALLY fun day... But now it's family time with the beautiful wifey... :D

    Hasta ya'all in the morning.. :D

  125. [125] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    And you HONESTLY believe that President Trump had ANYTHING to do with scheduling the Toby Keith concert?

    No, I don't. "Osama Nugali, a spokesman for the Saudi Foreign Ministry, said that the event was organized by the country's General Authority for Entertainment to mark the end of exams for students."

    The free (for men) event is billed as a night of “Arabian lute and American guitar", which sounds like something a booking agent with a serious coke habit might come up with at a three-martini lunch.

    My gods, do you comprehend how COMPLETELY and UTTERLY stoopid you sound!?

    I'm not the one in this exchange who doesn't understand the irony.

  126. [126] 
    michale wrote:

    No, I don't. "Osama Nugali, a spokesman for the Saudi Foreign Ministry, said that the event was organized by the country's General Authority for Entertainment to mark the end of exams for students."

    Good.. I am glad we can agree how utterly stoopid you sounded by trying to tie Trump to the Toby Keith concert..

    I'm not the one in this exchange who doesn't understand the irony.

    No, yer just the one in this exchange who got caught in a totally baseless and bullshit attack on Trump and had to back-pedal furiously...

  127. [127] 
    michale wrote:

    Once again.... Point to Michale... :D

  128. [128] 
    michale wrote:

    Public opinion polls were showing that approximately 80% of the public wanted a special counsel to investigate Trump, and Rod Rosenstein said he appointed one for the people. Finally, an opinion poll worth a shit. :)

    TRANSLATION: Now that the polls say what I want to hear, NOW the polls are worth shit to me...

    Political Bigotry is strong in this one...

    :D

    One thing is perfectly clear..

    Since Rosenstein still has his job it's clear that, despite paying lip service against the Special Prosecutor, President Trump is pulling the strings behind the scene to make all this happen...

    And considering how furiously the Dims are back-pedaling, it looks like Trump's machinations are already paying off... :D

  129. [129] 
    michale wrote:

    Balthy,

    No, I don't. "Osama Nugali, a spokesman for the Saudi Foreign Ministry, said that the event was organized by the country's General Authority for Entertainment to mark the end of exams for students."

    All points aside......

    One has to wonder how the crowd received COURTESY OF THE RED WHITE AND BLUE...

    We'll put a boot in your ass
    It's the American way

    :D heh

  130. [130] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    113

    And yet, Trump is a successful business man, bested 19 qualified GOP candidates and beat the SHIT out of your hero, NOT-45..

    You must stop projecting your hero worship onto the rest of us, and... OMG, did Trump win the election? We only hear that around here about 20 times a day because there's this admitted moron on the blog who has little else to say... like a toddler proving he knows how to go potty all by himself... he doesn't have the intellect to actually defend the little shit so all he can basically do is brag about being able to make it.

    Me thinks yer just dining on crow and sour grapes.. :D

    Methinks is one word, and you've proven beyond doubt that thinking is not really your strong suit since you don't actually do much of that here... as witnessed by your whataboutism and your tired and monotonous uni-argument that those who don't agree with the spoon-fed propaganda from the right-wing echo chamber are Party bigots.

    As for me, no I am not as smart as Trump..

    Recognizing the problem is a good first step.

    But I am infinitely smarter than you...

    YOU voted for a two time LUSER!!! :D

    If I recall correctly, you said you voted for your wife for Senator and posted her name... so not only do you actually meet the criteria by which you're presuming to judge, you also revealed your personal information on this blog to virtually anyone. Yes, you've proven beyond doubt that you're "not as smart as Trump," and he's an admitted whiner, a pathological liar, and a con artist like a Fox who knew exactly what network on which to find the bleating sheeple. :)

  131. [131] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    128

    Public opinion polls were showing that approximately 80% of the public wanted a special counsel to investigate Trump, and Rod Rosenstein said he appointed one for the people. Finally, an opinion poll worth a shit. :)

    TRANSLATION: Now that the polls say what I want to hear, NOW the polls are worth shit to me...

    I guess if I was Rod Rosenstein who made the decision based on public polling, you'd have a point, but I'm not him... so your inability to comprehend a point is still intact... gee, you really are dumber than Trump.

    Remember how excited you were to present Trump's polling numbers to the group, and I said I would let you know when they broke 50%? They still haven't.

    Political Bigotry is strong in this one...

    Your uni-argument phoned and wants you to think really, really hard and try to find it a friend it can hang out with... just one other idea so it won't die of loneliness.

    One thing is perfectly clear..

    Since Rosenstein still has his job it's clear that, despite paying lip service against the Special Prosecutor, President Trump is pulling the strings behind the scene to make all this happen...

    One thing is perfectly clear... you think that Trump being able to pull your strings means he can pull the strings of everyone. Poor Donald thought he could pull Director Comey's strings too, and when he couldn't, he sent his body guard over with a termination notice and meanwhile told his White House staff nothing about it. Shit for brains. *LOL* :)

  132. [132] 
    michale wrote:

    , you also revealed your personal information on this blog to virtually anyone.

    That's pretty hilarious, coming from you... :D

  133. [133] 
    michale wrote:

    You can dodge and obfuscate and project all you want...

    But you simply CANNOT change the *FACT* that a loyal and devoted Republican now has a blank check to subpoena and investigate ANYTHING or ANYONE.....

    Can't WAIT until Odumbo is questioned under oath....

    Oh the facts we will learn!!!

  134. [134] 
    michale wrote:

    and he's an admitted whiner, a pathological liar, and a con artist like a Fox

    And yet, he TOTALLY devastated yer biatch.. :D

    Not only ONCE, but TWICE!!!!

    Gods, how humiliated you must be... :D

    BBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    You can't win, sugar...

    "You can't win!! I've got GOD on my side!!!"
    -Max Von Sydow, NEEDFUL THINGS

    :D

  135. [135] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    133

    You can dodge and obfuscate and project all you want...

    I don't see any dodging whatsoever in my posts, and the projection is all yours. Perhaps your being admittedly dumber than Trump you just don't have the capacity to comprehend the written word, and perhaps it would behoove the entire group to start inserting your name every few sentences like they do for the Moron In Chief. *LOL* :)

    But you simply CANNOT change the *FACT* that a loyal and devoted Republican now has a blank check to subpoena and investigate ANYTHING or ANYONE.....

    How unfortunate for Trump then, that he spent three decades being a devoted Democrat who only recently crashed the Grand Old Party in opportunistic fashion against their will. Did it cross your tiny mind that a Republican might choose Party over Pathological Lying POTUS in order to save that to which he is so devoted?

    Can't WAIT until Odumbo is questioned under oath....

    Oh the facts we will learn!!!

    You've admitted you're dumber than Trump, and now you're quite obviously intent on proving it. There's a reason the IC and even officials in the White House are leaking... try to clue in to that *FACT*. :)

  136. [136] 
    michale wrote:

    I don't see any dodging whatsoever in my posts,

    Of course you don't..

    You are so enslaved by your Party you CAN'T see it...

    You can't win, sugar... :D

  137. [137] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    136

    Of course you don't..

    You are so enslaved by your Party you CAN'T see it...

    I don't have a Party, sugar. My loyalty is to my country and not some Con Artist Pathological Lying Whiny Little Bitch like Benedict Donald. If you weren't admittedly dumber than President Pathological, then perhaps you could let it sink in that just because someone doesn't worship at the alter of your Orange Idol does not automatically make them a Democrat, and you typing the same lies over and over about other people doesn't magically turn your bullshit into facts.

    You still have my pity, though. *LOL* :)

  138. [138] 
    michale wrote:

    I don't have a Party, sugar. My loyalty is to my country

    And yet, you voted for the biatch who wanted open borders and wanted to turn this country into a 3rd world hellhole, just another cog in a globalization machine..

    To any REAL and PATRIOTIC American, you hate this country..

    That's what the FACTS clearly show...

    You still have my pity, though. *LOL* :)

    Coming from you, that's a badge of honor... :D

  139. [139] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    138

    To any REAL and PATRIOTIC American, you hate this country..

    That's what the FACTS clearly show...

    Okay "nut job," <---- new term I borrowed from President Russkaya Shlyukha. Oh, come on... that's it? It's time for you to up your game and stop repeating the same tired shit. It's like you're not even trying. Can't you come up with something new?

    Having recently admitted you're dumber than Trump, you've now identified the problem. Crack and book and come up with some new stuff.

    In other words... troll harder, sugar! *LOL* :)

  140. [140] 
    michale wrote:

    Okay "nut job," <---- new term I borrowed from President Russkaya Shlyukha. Oh

    And right aways with the immature and childish name-calling..

    How surprising.. :^/

    It's time for you to up your game and stop repeating the same tired shit.

    You mean exactly like YOU are doing right there?? :D

    It's like you're not even trying. Can't you come up with something new?

    Says Mrs Kettle... :D

    You simply can't win..

    All you have is bigotry and Party zealotry on your side..

    Whereas I have the FACTS and REALITY on my side.. :D

    "You can't win! I've got GOD on my side!!!"
    -Leland Gant, NEEDFUL THINGS

    :D

  141. [141] 
    michale wrote:

    Funny how you ignore the FACT that you voted for a person who would have made open borders in this country, who would have made this country nothing but a cog in the globalist machine..

    You ignore this FACT because it proves you DON'T like this country...

    Anyone who voted for NOT-45 simply CANNOT logically and rationally claim they are patriotic Americans because a NOT-45 presidency would have taken away EVERYTHING that makes this country exceptional..

  142. [142] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    140

    And right aways with the immature and childish name-calling..

    How surprising.. :^/

    Surprising? Duh "nut job" are you "crazy"? It's not immature and childish... it's presidential because I borrowed it from the president. I got plenty more where those came from just using the names from the Trump campaign.

    You mean exactly like YOU are doing right there?? :D

    No, I mean like come up with some new material. Your shit is dead... dead.

    All you have is bigotry and Party zealotry on your side..

    All you have is your uni-argument, and damn if you didn't just trot the beaten down horse right back out again. What part of your shit is lame and tired is confusing at all?

    I don't have a "side." I don't belong to a Party. Typing your nonsensical bullshit over and over does nothing more than make you sound like a brainless goober with no ability to learn.

    Whereas I have the FACTS and REALITY on my side.. :D

    Now you're just embarrassing yourself with... the... same... lame... dead... shit!

    Thank you so very much for proving without doubt your dearth of ideas.

    Please try harder, sugar. :)

  143. [143] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    141

    Funny how you ignore the FACT that you voted for a person who would have made open borders in this country, who would have made this country nothing but a cog in the globalist machine..

    You ignore this FACT because it proves you DON'T like this country...

    Funny how you ignore the FACT that you're like a broken record repeating the same shit over and over and over as if it's new. Do you have brain damage? Did somebody drop you on your head? The cows have come home; this shit has been covered. Move on with your life and stop concerning yourself with others' patriotism. You should learn to use the search feature and read the archives until it permeates your tiny brain.

    I will say this, though. It is my experience that those who throw their service in your face and talk about what a great patriot they are generally are the ones with the biggest mouths yet tiniest credentials.

    Anyone who voted for NOT-45 simply CANNOT logically and rationally claim they are patriotic Americans because a NOT-45 presidency would have taken away EVERYTHING that makes this country exceptional..

    Blah, blah, blah... Dude. You're embarrassing yourself. Anyone who claimed to be so logical and rational wouldn't follow that up by repeating the same shit as if it's new every day, and those who have an incessant peevish neediness to prove they're most "patriotic" usually turn out to be the most "idiotic"... with no education, a few years service, a foreclosed home or two, flat broke with a lousy to average credit record, in debt up to their eyeballs, etc. They've usually got nothing... nothing... and that's why they need so desperately to prove how exceptional they are. :)

  144. [144] 
    michale wrote:

    Funny how you ignore the FACT that you're like a broken record repeating the same shit over and over and over as if it's new.

    It's funnier how you ignore the facts and stick to nothing but personal attacks..

    No, I take that back.. It's not funny.. It's sad..

    Blah, blah, blah... Dude. You're embarrassing yourself. Anyone who claimed to be so logical and rational wouldn't follow that up by repeating the same shit as if it's new every day, and those who have an incessant peevish neediness to prove they're most "patriotic" usually turn out to be the most "idiotic"... with no education, a few years service, a foreclosed home or two, flat broke with a lousy to average credit record, in debt up to their eyeballs, etc. They've usually got nothing... nothing... and that's why they need so desperately to prove how exceptional they are. :)

    And, as usual, you ignore the facts in favor of personal attacks..

    How typical of you...

  145. [145] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    144

    And, as usual, you ignore the facts in favor of personal attacks..

    You're projecting... yet again. Your long-running BS is so transparent, yet amazingly you're the only one on this board who can't seem to see what is obvious to the rest of us and staring you right in the face. It could actually be very instructive to you if you'd let it sink in to your closed mind that it is you who ignores facts in favor of personal attacks. Not content to do this every now and then, you do it daily using the same repetitive bullshit over and over.

    I don't belong to a Party, but you must ignore that fact in order to spew your daily bullshit and attack me personally. At some point, I'll probably stop responding to your tired dead shit and skip over your posts like most everyone else. Unlike you and your ilk, I'm not susceptible to propaganda and brainwashing... so people that repeat the same load of bullshit over and over are merely annoying to me... like insects... drones... worker bees. I take note of their obvious lack of education and intellect, and their repetition of the same BS over and over simply reinforces that. :)

    How typical of you...

    Your projection really is stunning.

    * Insinuates daily that posters are Party bigots, zealots, slaves, etc... yet takes issue with personal attacks.

    * Brags about a few years of military service like it's something special. Insinuates that posters who disagree with your voting choices don't love their country and/or aren't as patriotic as you... yet takes issue with personal attacks.

    Poor transparent little man whining about being personally attacked. Run along now and go find your safe space. *LOL* :D

Comments for this article are closed.