ChrisWeigant.com

Not The Hardest Test

[ Posted Monday, July 20th, 2020 – 16:46 UTC ]

Watching President Donald Trump get interviewed by Chris Wallace on yesterday's Fox News Sunday was certainly instructive (and that's being as polite as I possibly can be). Not only did Trump display a staggering ignorance of the basic facts of the coronavirus pandemic crisis currently unfolding right before everyone's eyes, he also exhibited the same staggering level of ignorance on any number of subjects. Amusingly, Wallace fact-checked the president right to his face on several of these, which didn't exactly put Trump in a good light. But the most laughable thing Wallace exposed was Trump's continuing insistence that a mental acuity test he took a few years back was some sort of measure of his great intelligence. Wallace, as politely as he could manage, begged to differ: "It's not the hardest test."

Wallace is right -- it isn't. It is not an I.Q. test, it is not designed to measure intelligence in any way at all. Instead, it tests for major cognitive impairment. The test is a one-page form with several tasks for the patient to perform. One is to draw an analog clock with the hands at 11:10. Another is to identify drawings of various easily-identifiable animals (a camel, or an elephant). There are some basic memory tests as well.

Even before Wallace's interview, Trump had continually bragged about his perfect score on the test, as the Washington Post helpfully pointed out:

"I actually took one when I -- very recently, when I when I was, you know, the radical left was saying, 'Is he all there? Is he all there?' And I proved I was all there because I -- I aced the test," Trump claimed. "And [Joe Biden] should take the same exact test. The very standard test; I took it at Walter Reed Medical Center in front of doctors."

Trump then turned it up a bit.

"And they were very surprised," Trump said of the doctors. "They said that's an unbelievable thing. Rarely does anybody do what you just did."

No. That did not happen. Or, at least, it didn't happen without a qualifier like, "rarely does anybody your age not demonstrate any of the impairments this test is meant to measure," which is possible. But the doctors did not call this "an unbelievable thing." It would be like my fawning over your alphabet recitation: "Wow, you even nailed the L-M-N-O-P."

Getting a perfect score is literally the baseline for being normal, not for being exceptional.

Trump can't help it. If he does anything, he does it better than anyone. If he is being tested, his results are breathtakingly exceptional. If he is asked to draw a clock to measure whether he's experiencing any cognitive deterioration -- something worth tracking closely in part because his father died after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's -- then Trump will let you know that never has anyone drawn so amazing a clock. He will tell you that the doctors marveled at the precision of his placement of the 6-7-8-9 stretch and stood slack-jawed at how precisely the minute hand aimed at the 2. This is who Trump is, a guy who builds a 58-floor building in Manhattan and tells everyone it's 68 floors high.

All of that was written before the Wallace interview, where Trump brought up the test again after Wallace pointed out that more voters see Biden as mentally sound than they do the president. Once again, Trump challenged Biden to duelling tests: "Let's take a test right now. Let's go down -- Joe and I will take a test. Let him take the same test that I took." But then Wallace pushed back:

"It's not the hardest test," Wallace said. He noted that one question asked him to identify an elephant by looking at a picture of one.

Trump then conceded that some questions are easy but then remarkably contended that some are difficult as the test goes on: "But I'll bet you couldn't even answer the last five questions. I'll bet you couldn't. They get very hard, the last five questions."

Wallace shot back: "Well, one of them was count back from 100 by seven." He began counting: "Ninety-three."

In other circumstances, this could have come off as overly adversarial. But Wallace was putting his finger on the ridiculousness of the claim -- just as he had so many times previously in the interview.

Trump also insisted that he had turned in a perfect score of "35 out of 35." That might indicate a little memory impairment right there, since the test only has 30 possible points. But maybe Trump is right and the questions get harder towards the end? Well, no. They don't. [Please refer to the actual one-page test to see these for yourself.]

Technically, the last five questions are all contained within a single cognitive area, "Orientation." The patient is asked if he or she knows what date it is, what month it is, what year it is, and what day of the week it is. He or she is also asked what place he or she is in, and what city this place is in. Those are the final six questions, and you get one point for answering each correct.

This means that six points out of 30 -- a full 20 percent of the total -- is the knowledge of when and where the patient is. Those questions may be considered "very hard" by Donald Trump, but if that's true that really says something, doesn't it?

But let's be charitable and assume Trump lumped all those orientation questions in as a single question. So what are the other "very hard" questions Trump was talking about? Let's take them backwards from the end of the test.

The first is "delayed recall," where (assumably) the patient is asked to remember five unconnected words (face, velvet, church, daisy, red) that had been read by the examiner earlier in the test. One point is awarded for each right word, for a total of five points.

The next section is "abstraction" where the patient is asked to identify the similarity between two words (an example is given: "banana -- orange = fruit"). One point each is awarded for identifying the link between: "train -- bicycle," and: "watch -- ruler."

"Language" is next, where the patient is challenged to name all the words they can inside of one minute that begin with the letter "F." If they can name 11 words or more, they get one point total.

The patient is also asked to repeat two sentences, after they are read to them: "I only know that John is the one to help today," and: "The cat always hid under the couch when dogs were in the room." One point is awarded for each correct answer.

Even being generous, these are the five questions Trump was referring to. A total of 16 points -- one more than half the total points in the test -- are given for answering these correctly. Six of these points are given for just being aware of the current date and city. These are Trump's "very hard" questions?

The next item on the test is the one Wallace gently poked fun at Trump over: "Count backwards from 100 by sevens." Maybe that's the one Trump thought was "very hard."

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

195 Comments on “Not The Hardest Test”

  1. [1] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    It is not an I.Q. test, it is not designed to measure intelligence in any way at all. Instead, it tests for major cognitive impairment.

    When I had my stroke, they gave me tests like this. I had no cognitive damage, but to say the least, I was shell-shocked. Those tests were easy enough to be annoying any way. The hardest question was "what day is this?", but that was because you lose track in the hospital (come to think of it, it happens during pandemic lockdown too). It's way past bizarre to brag about ace-ing it. They don't give it to you out of the blue. I believe he had a TIA (a mini stroke) in November when they took him to the hospital. The big one is coming.

    Have another Big Mac, Drumpf.

  2. [2] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Cruel.

  3. [3] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Biden is really fortunate to be running against a mental patient who is hell bent on bringing media attention to and/or demonstrating his dementia. It should be the main issue for the election.

  4. [4] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Heh.

  5. [5] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Hey, wait just a second there, JFC ... are you saying that Biden could only beat a mental patient!!!???

    No, of course not. Right?

  6. [6] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Grab the smelling salts! Miss Liz is feeling wobbly.

  7. [7] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Just to be clear [2] is in reference to [1]. Ahem.

  8. [8] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I gotcha! :)

    Didn't I?

  9. [9] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    No. I'm saying he's lucky to be running against this specific self-absorbed mental patient.

  10. [10] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    It's just that I didn't have anything useful to add to this piece.

    The two Chris's said it all!

  11. [11] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    [7] Unlike your buddy, my reading comprehension is just fine.

  12. [12] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Well, I don't think it is possible to get farther apart than the gulf that exists between Biden and Trump, to be serious for a moment.

    Which means that once this presidential election campaign get underway for real, it is going to be tonnage of fun. :)

  13. [13] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Ah, JfC, was [11] really necessary? I thought we were having a little fun, party pooper.

    You must learn how to laugh, emojis or no emojis. Heh.

  14. [14] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    I feel nothing but dread (and not because I think Biden will lose). I never dreamed that rock bottom was quite as far down as it apparently is.

  15. [15] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    [11],

    I didn't want Chris to think I was calling him or his piece cruel, you know ... :)

  16. [16] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    [13] Once again, you're reading anger or something into my comments. Try not to do that. It's rarely correct.

  17. [17] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Oh, I hear your [14] ... I can only imagine what I would be feeling if I were an American today.

    All I can offer you is one of my favourite quotes,

    "It's always darkest before it's completely black."

    Which I have been using right, left and center, these days ... :(

    I really do feel for you and all of my American friends.

  18. [18] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    [16],

    OMG!!!

    Anger? I have never shown anger around here.

    From, now on, know that I am joking unless I tell you that I'm serious, okay? :)

  19. [19] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I have shown plenty of disappointment around here, though and, I am sure you can understand why.

  20. [20] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Right. You wanted to call me cruel when I was just offering the obese orange stroke waiting to happen some sarcastic advice that he won't follow.

    40% of men who have strokes have another. It's not the ones who change their ways.

  21. [21] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Funnily enough, JFC, you remind me of me, only on your worst days.

    That right up there is a compliment!

  22. [22] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    It means that you're way better than me but, I am trying ...

  23. [23] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    18] I did not accuse you of anger. I accused of misinterpreting my comment.

  24. [24] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Right. You wanted to call me cruel

    Wrong, actually. I was calling your comment cruel, not you. And, I was JOKING!

  25. [25] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    We're like two passing ships in the night ... and, I am out of here.

  26. [26] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Right and I mocked you for it. Nobody's getting warped here.

  27. [27] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Biden does not need to take a mental acuity test.

    Biden does need to take competency and integrity test.

    Here's the easy questions:
    25% or so of voters are Deathocrats. That's about 30 million voters.

    One in ten of them contributing 200 dollars to Biden's general election campaign would total 600 million dollars. Another one in ten contributing 100 dollars would total another 300 million dollars. another one in ten contributing 50 dollars would bring the total over 1 billion dollars.

    Will you, Joe Biden, commit to run a small donor only campaign in the general election?

    If not, why not?

    And the question for any Biden supporter is how can you expect Biden to stand up against the big money interests after he is elected if he will not stand up against them during the campaign?

    Wake up. Wise up. Rise up.
    Get Real.

  28. [28] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Biden just needs to beat the mental patient. The bar is low.

  29. [29] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Biden does need to take competency and integrity test.

    Actually, Don, he doesn't need to do that either. Biden exudes competency and integrity.

    Bark up someone else's tree! Heh.

  30. [30] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I think Biden needs to beat Trump bigly - very, very bigly.

    Otherwise, I just may lose faith in the American people, as a whole. And, that would make me very sad. :(

  31. [31] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Define bigly.

  32. [32] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    You really should have already lost that faith. Look where we are.

  33. [33] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Well, I'm stubborn, that way. Never lose faith until the bitter, bitter end. The end is nigh ...

  34. [34] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Bigly ... hmmmm ... Chris would have to do the math for me but, Biden wins, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and/or one of the other battleground states.

    How's that? Ya think it's possible?

  35. [35] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Kick would have a lot of hard work ahead of her but, that is what it is going to take to beat Trump bigly - very, very bigly - a lot of very hard work.

    Don't frak it up!

  36. [36] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I suppose it depends on how many people in those state are dead from COVID-19 by November. Ahem.

  37. [37] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I'm counting on y'all not to frak it up!

  38. [38] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    I think Texas is unlikely. Maybe Ohio. What's going to move things in his direction? His decision to restart the insane word salad daily Trump Virus propaganda shows? Cheating is the unknown factor.

  39. [39] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Do you ever look at this site?

    https://electoral-vote.com/

  40. [40] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Why, should I?

    Let me take a look ...

  41. [41] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    406? That would be bigly! It would also be too much to hope for, right?

  42. [42] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    So, whenever I'm feeling down, I'm going to that site while I listen to Over 60 minutes with PRiSM. Heh. No, seriously.

  43. [43] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Hover over the states for poll results.

  44. [44] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I did!

  45. [45] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Also look at the senate counts.

  46. [46] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Oh, yeah! The Senate! Holy shoot ... so, why shouldn't I have a little faith?

    You don't think Biden is the guy to start righting the ship of state?

  47. [47] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Well, you'd be wrong about that if you do.

  48. [48] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I mean if you don't. :)

  49. [49] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Joy Reid's new show debuted on MSLSD this evening. She got Chris Matthew's slot. Biden and Hilrod were both interviewed.

  50. [50] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    40% for Trump over Biden in Delaware!? What!?

  51. [51] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    And, so, what did you think of the interviews?

  52. [52] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I hope Michale doesn't know about that Delaware poll, for obvious reasons.

  53. [53] 
    TheStig wrote:

    During the Wallace interview Trump challenged himself with a memory:cognition:brass balls test by claiming that Biden had signed a pact with Bernie Sanders to defund police. Wallace called bull shit. A quick document check (by White House staff) indicated - on air mind you - that Trump had failed a real world cognition test of his own making: namely don't lie on air and then fact check yourself. That's the polite way of putting it.

  54. [54] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    I don't put as much stock in presidents as most people do. The one we have now is insane and I'm good with just about any reasonable alternative (no cult members).

  55. [55] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Heh

  56. [56] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    That Heh was for TS.

  57. [57] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I don't put much stock in presidents either - unless they are Biden or associated with Biden, naturally. :)

  58. [58] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    [53] TS

    That was awesome, wasn't it?

  59. [59] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Rather.

  60. [60] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    A definite sign that one should have more faith, no?

  61. [61] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Too bad it was fake news.

  62. [62] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Sheeee-it.

  63. [63] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Shoulda seen that one coming ...

  64. [64] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    I didn't watch that show, but Joe probably shouted a lot and HilRod probably trolled Big Orange as if she wants to get kidnapped by his secret police.

  65. [65] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    But, after just one smallish glass of Sambuca and I'm done.

  66. [66] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I almost posted, and I'm don. :)

  67. [67] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    I'm don.

    You're sockpuppets?

  68. [68] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Humph.

  69. [69] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Only when I'm drunk.

  70. [70] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Did you ever see Don's shindig in his backyard? It was real fun! He is a fun guy, at heart.

  71. [71] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    CW,

    But the most laughable thing Wallace exposed was Trump's continuing insistence that a mental acuity test he took a few years back was some sort of measure of his great intelligence. Wallace, as politely as he could manage, begged to differ: "It's not the hardest test."

    Hey CW, I am pretty sure that Trump is talking about his taking the test some weeks ago when Trump was rushed to Walter Reed Hospital, not the one he took when he supposedly had a physical in 2018. Trump has said as much on multiple occasions in the days after his late night hospital visit — claiming he “aced” the test “very recently”. Granted, you never can take Trump at his word, so who knows when he took it. But his renewed bragging about his test scores makes it seem more likely that he was recently tested. Also, he said “all of the doctors were surprised” by how well he did, and you would not have multiple doctors participating in such a test if it were simply part of his physical. It’s more likely that you would have multiple doctors involved in reviewing his test if the President’s mental state was so compromised that they had to rush him to the hospital.

  72. [72] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Liz-
    Biden has been taking the competency and integrity test for decades and has failed it miserably.

    The only things Biden exudes are deception and loyalty to the big money interests.

    You are the perfect example of love being blind.

    And anyone voting for Biden is fortunate there is no competency test for voting.

  73. [73] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    LWYH [71]

    I am pretty sure that Trump is talking about his taking the test some weeks ago when Trump was rushed to Walter Reed Hospital, not the one he took when he supposedly had a physical in 2018.

    November 2019, fairly recent. His difficulty lifting glasses of water makes me think he had a stroke.

  74. [74] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Hey, Don ... I missed you Sunday night!

  75. [75] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Sure you did "Liz".

  76. [76] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    And, with deepest apologies to Joshua, I also missed this ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57yUK2Kupq0&feature=youtu.be

    That was very nice! Say, did you ever cut a record, so to speak to give away my advancing age?

  77. [77] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Nice backdrop, too, Joshua ...

  78. [78] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Season Two of Housewives of Coronavirus debuts at 5 PM Eastern. Will Dr Fauci, the character who inexplicably went away near the end of Season One, resurface? Will Dr Birx sink deeper into the darkness?

    We'll just have to see.

    The orange swamp thing is promising to discuss the virus and “perhaps some other things.” I'll bet he doesn't talk about Putin killing US heroes.

    May you find someone who looks at you the way Pence looks at Donald.

  79. [79] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Chris,

    Will you be writing about Trump's ever-increasing occupation of American cities?

    As Senator Hart has said, Democracy is dying and it's starting in Portland.

  80. [80] 
    Kick wrote:

    CW: One point each is awarded for identifying the link between: "train -- bicycle," and: "watch -- ruler."

    Doctor: ... train... bicycle
    Trump: ... toys!

    Doctor: ... watch... ruler
    Trump: ... see Putin!

    Doctor: ... Rarely does anybody do what you just did. *OMG*

  81. [81] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Someone should tell Trump that the people wanting to take the Confederate generals names off of our military had thought that they could name one of the bases for him... Fort Trump... to honor his years of service.

    You know that Trump’s position would change real quickly if he believed there was a chance that they’d name one for him!

  82. [82] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    I am anti fracking.

    Therefore I am logically anti frak.

    Could the grownups in the room please use fuck and fucking where appropriate?

    I mean, would anyone buy the G-rated Eminem or Diddy?

  83. [83] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    But, after just one smallish glass of Sambuca and I'm done.

    OMG, are you talking about THE Sambuca (sic?)

    BTW Elizabeth Miller you and John from Censornati should outta just get a room, do ya think?

    Heh.

  84. [84] 
    Kick wrote:

    JFC
    1

    When I had my stroke, they gave me tests like this. I had no cognitive damage, but to say the least, I was shell-shocked. Those tests were easy enough to be annoying any way. The hardest question was "what day is this?", but that was because you lose track in the hospital (come to think of it, it happens during pandemic lockdown too).

    I know, right!? Once when I was injured out of town, pitch dark outside, I'm in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, head bleeding, going through this verbal drill:

    EMT: ... What day is it?
    Me: ...... That depends.
    EMT: ... Depends on what?
    Me: ...... What time zone are we in, and is it after midnight?
    EMT: ... I'm asking the questions.
    Me: ...... Fine. I need more information to answer.
    EMT: ... Moving on. Count backwards from 100 by 7.
    Me: ...... Oh, I hate the serial 7's. Let's skip those and do the president.
    EMT: ... Okay. Who's the president?
    Me: ...... The president of what?
    EMT: ... You're fine!

    It's way past bizarre to brag about ace-ing it. They don't give it to you out of the blue. I believe he had a TIA (a mini stroke) in November when they took him to the hospital.

    That's the rumor.

  85. [85] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    [78]

    Dude,

    May you find someone who looks at you the way Pence looks at Donald

    Do you work for Hallmark Cards (NOT their Cincinnati office, of course?)

  86. [86] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    [84]

    Kick we are not worthy of your presence here in Weigantia!

    Are you like one of those chess masters that takes on a room full of competitors (in this case, multiple Comments sections) all at one time? I seen that shit on the Interwebs!

    Signed-
    Willing to Learn at the Knee of

    The Goddess of Snark

    BTW I'm not effing with you. Just sayin' ya gotta Street Cred 'round here.

  87. [87] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    Onward and theoretically upward...

    CW I think that you went for the lowest of low hanging fruit with this post.

    I mean, 38% of 'Murica believes Trump is Cheetogod, and 'bout the rest of us knew otherwise, like, hours-days-weeks-milennia ago.

    I'd much rather that you spent your time analysing Trump's Latest Shining Object for something more topical.

    Like...

    What will Vladimir do with his "Trump Card" between now and January? Will he invade the Baltic states as I fear?

    How many state actors will cybernetically or otherwise be INFLUENCING 2020? Do you think it'll be enough to sneak Joe Biden over the top? (That was sarcasm, Liz)

    Or, whythefuck have you been ducking your obvious Civic duty to plug other trolltwin's Unicorns Farting Rainbows whatever the poor bastard's Windmill is?

    Dude, you be a "public figure" so why are you SUPPRESSING ONE DEMAND®?

  88. [88] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    KICK oh Princess of Snark

    I bin thinking...I've done some promising work here in Weigantia of late.

    And...I'm thinking,

    "If I work haaard at Snark...
    And get a couple breaks...

    In twentah yay-yuh, Ah could be the Snarkiest Snark...In ALL tha Kingdom!"

  89. [89] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    Signed-

    Would be Honored
    To Apprentice

    (thinking)
    Whoa...unintended pun bonus points!

  90. [90] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    [88]

    Provided M'Lady that you retire first - woot!

  91. [91] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    34

    Bigly ... hmmmm ... Chris would have to do the math for me but, Biden wins, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and/or one of the other battleground states.

    How's that? Ya think it's possible?

    Florida, Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania: All possible.
    Texas: Would be a coup de grâce. Not likely but not impossible.

    One of the other battleground states: The GOP has written off Michigan already. :)

  92. [92] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Wow. The insanity is spreading out from the cult, completely uncontained. A "mens' rights" freak shot that judge's family and they're getting all rapey again at Fox.

    Thanks Trump.

  93. [93] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    35

    Kick would have a lot of hard work ahead of her but, that is what it is going to take to beat Trump bigly - very, very bigly - a lot of very hard work.

    On it!

  94. [94] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    Yeth, I'm from Meeechigan and Hillary had to really try hard to blow Meeechigan in '16.

    In their Secret Heart of Hearts, Repugs have written off Cheetogod and are desperately seeking to save Senate

  95. [95] 
    Michale wrote:

    JL,

    FPC

    Your argument on this is an anecdotal fallacy. Like someone saying russian roulette is perfectly safe, because it worked out just fine for them

    My argument is based on the facts on the ground which my own experience backs up..

    Covid is not nearly as deadly as Democrats would like everyone to believe..

    It's the Global Warming con all over again..

  96. [96] 
    Michale wrote:

    JFC,

    Biden is really fortunate to be running against a mental patient who is hell bent on bringing media attention to and/or demonstrating his dementia. It should be the main issue for the election.

    So now ya'all come back around to this?? :D

    Another tried and true losing argument without ANY basis in fact...

    It's amazing how ya'all can't seem to get around the fact that President Trump is going to be with us til Jan of 2024...

    The debates are going hellasciously good fun.. :D Joe Biden couldn't hold his own against Kathleen I SLEPT MY WAY TO MY SENATE SEAT Harris...

    He is going to flounder and sink against President Trump.. :D

    Anyone want to make some wagers on the debate?? :D

  97. [97] 
    Michale wrote:

    Liz,

    I hope Michale doesn't know about that Delaware poll, for obvious reasons.

    That stands to reason..

    Delaware knows how incompetent Joe Biden is.. 44 years in DC and not one significant achievement that was good for the country...

    If a man's home state

  98. [98] 
    Michale wrote:

    The debates are going hellasciously good fun.. :D Joe Biden couldn't hold his own against Kathleen I SLEPT MY WAY TO MY SENATE SEAT Harris...

    That, of course, would be Kamala I SLEPT MY WAY TO MY SENATE SEAT Harris

  99. [99] 
    Michale wrote:

    Time to 'cancel' the New York Times

    The family that owns the New York Times were slaveholders: Goodwin

    It’s far worse than I thought. In addition to the many links between the family that owns the New York Times and the Civil War’s Confederacy, new evidence shows that members of the extended family were slaveholders.

    Last Sunday, I recounted that Bertha Levy Ochs, the mother of Times patriarch Adolph S. Ochs, supported the South and slavery. She was caught smuggling medicine to Confederates in a baby carriage and her brother Oscar joined the rebel army.

    I have since learned that, according to a family history, Oscar Levy fought alongside two Mississippi cousins, meaning at least three members of Bertha’s family fought for secession.

    Adolph Ochs’ own “Southern sympathies” were reflected in the content of the Chattanooga Times, the first newspaper he owned, and then the New York Times. The latter published an editorial in 1900 saying the Democratic Party, which Ochs supported, “may justly insist that the evils of negro suffrage were wantonly inflicted on them.”

    Six years later, the Times published a glowing profile of Confederate President Jefferson Davis on the 100th anniversary of his birth, calling him “the great Southern leader.”
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/the-family-that-owns-the-new-york-times-were-slaveholders-goodwin/

    If the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party had even an IOTA of integrity they would shut down the New York Times..

    But, of course, since we're talking about the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party, no integrity at all enters the picture..

    The blatant hypocrisy of ya'all is nearly unbelievable...

    And yet, I am seeing it with my own eyes..

    But o

  100. [100] 
    Michale wrote:

    Which brings up another good point that ya'all can't address..

    If what happened in the Civil War has relevance today in the form of destroying American culture then the fact that the Democrat Party created the KKK *ALSO* has relevance..

    If ya'all advocate tearing down confederate statues because of their link to slavery, then ya'all *MUST* advocate the tearing down of the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party as well..

    The Party GAVE this country slavery and the KKK...

    If ya'all DON'T advocate for the dismantling of the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party then that is the epitome of hypocrisy..

    And ya'all are WALLOWING in it..

    It's funny how ya'all's 'cancel culture' is completely and utterly synced to ya'all's Party slavery and agenda...

  101. [101] 
    Michale wrote:

    Smithsonian Institution Explains that 'Rationality' & 'Hard Work' are Racist

    What are these sinister aspects of “white culture,” you ask? Well, according to the Smithsonian, values like “hard work,” “self-reliance,” “be[ing] polite,” and timeliness are all a product of the “white dominant culture.” Indeed, it turns out that conventional grammar, Christianity, the notion that “intent counts” in courts of law, and the scientific method and its emphasis on “objective, rational linear thinking” are all proprietary to “white culture.”
    https://www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2020/07/20/smithsonian_institute_explains_that_rationality_and_hard_work_are_racist_499425.html

    And you people expect the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party to WIN with this attitude???

    You people really ARE delusional, ain'tcha... :D

  102. [102] 
    Michale wrote:

    There are several things that might be said about all this. But the place to start may be by observing just how insidious it is to teach black children to reject intellectual and personal traits that promote personal and civic success — in the U.S. or anywhere else. After all, in what land are students well-served when they’re encouraged not to work hard, make decisions, think rationally, or be polite and on time? Among the extraordinarily accomplished people honored by the museum, those such as Frederick Douglass; Harriet Tubman; Jackie Robinson; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Toni Morrison; John Lewis; Oprah Winfrey; Michael Jordan; Condoleezza Rice; and Barack Obama might be surprised to learn that hard work and rational thinking are somehow alien to black culture.

    A 2020 National Association of Colleges and Employers poll found that four in five employers expected job applicants to exhibit a strong work ethic, the ability to work in a team, and analytical thinking skills. If one asks parents — of any race — what values they want their kids to learn, more than four out of five will similarly name concepts like “hard work,” “being well-mannered,” and “being responsible.” In fact, black parents are one to three percent more likely than white parents to think traits like “hard work,” “being well-mannered,” and “persistence” are “important to teach children.”

    The fact that this is even a thing (hard work and self-reliance is racist) simply PROVES how far gone from American values the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party is..

    Go ahead.. Someone defend this.. I double dog dare ya!!!

    Bonus points if it's someone who actually has more than 2 brain cells to rub together..

    Russ, MC, Vick, JFC, Blathy...

    That leaves ya'all out...

  103. [103] 
    Michale wrote:

    Liz,

    I think Biden needs to beat Trump bigly - very, very bigly.

    Otherwise, I just may lose faith in the American people, as a whole. And, that would make me very sad. :(

    Then yer gonna be REALLY bad in the dumps when President Trump wipes the floor with old crazy Uncle Joe...

    Don't worry.. I'll be here to tell you everything is going to be alright... :D

  104. [104] 
    Michale wrote:

    Not surprisingly given this foundation, the Smithsonian’s chart was rife with dubious claims and questionable assumptions. The idea that Christianity belongs to white culture could come as a surprise to the 72 percent of black Americans who identify as Christian, especially when only 65 percent of white Americans do so. The idea that timeliness and objectivity are the province of white culture would probably come as a surprise to air traffic controllers or cardiovascular surgeons in Cambodia and Cameroon, as it turns out that these traits are crucial to their professional competence and success — whatever the practitioner’s race or culture.

    This is the problem with ya'all..

    Your beliefs are based on NOTHING but hysterical bullshit and Party slavery...

    This is a perfect example..

    Christianity is white culture

    Even though the FACTs show that more black Americans practice it than white Americans...

    Ya'all's ENTIRE belief structure is based on complete and utter BULLSHIT..

    And ya'all WALLOW in it every day...

  105. [105] 
    Michale wrote:

    JL,

    Lemme ask you...

    As a teacher, not as a Democrat..

    What's your take on the Smithsonian's position that hard work, self-reliance, being well-mannered, well-spoken, being polite is racist??

    Aren't those the kinds of attributes that YOU, as a teacher, would WANT to instill in your charges, white OR black???

    I honestly can't believe that you could find ANY redeeming quality in this Smithsonian's position..

    But I have been disappointed before..

    How do you feel about it??

  106. [106] 
    Michale wrote:

    Just this month, the influential KIPP charter network announced it was abolishing its motto “Work Hard. Be Nice.” as part of its push to “dismantle systemic racism.” As educators rush to act upon the admirable impulse captured by “anti-racism,” the lesson is that they need to be extraordinarily deliberate about what that means in practice.

    The utter stoopidity of this SHOULD stand on it's own..

    The mere fact that attention has to be brought to this around here is simply indicative of how far off the reservation ya'all have traveled...

  107. [107] 
    Michale wrote:

    I thought ya'all were PRO-science..

    Reopening Schools and the Limits of Expertise

    These problems, which combine technical expertise and political judgment, are essential to understanding our dilemmas about reopening K-12 schools during the COVID-19 pandemic. Epidemiologists are saying, “Resuming in-person instruction too soon could spread the disease. Although children are at low risk, they will bring it home to parents and grandparents.” Pediatricians, by contrast, say it is important for children’s overall health to get them back in school. Online learning is not very effective, they say, and losing a year’s classroom instruction and socialization will be extremely harmful. Economists focus on different issues, such as parents who cannot return to full-time employment because they must care for children at home. That constraint is especially harmful to one-parent households and low-income, hourly workers, whose children also have less access to computers and fast internet connections. Notice that these experts are not the self-interested voices of interest groups such as teachers’ unions or small businesses. They are specialists in economics, education, and public health. Each has its own “silo of expertise.” Each silo produces a different answer because its experts focus on their own subset of issues and weigh them most heavily.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/07/20/reopening_schools_and_the_limits_of_expertise_143746.html

    What it all boils down to is the Democrat/AntiFaBlackLiesMatter Party is more interested in taking down President Trump than they are in the welfare of America's children..

    If teachers are willing to take a bullet to save ONE child's life then they should be willing to risk an infection that will make the feel mildly bad for a week or so to save ALL children's mental health and well-being, not to mention ALL children's future..

    Because, without a good education, today's children won't HAVE a future...

    It's really that simple...

  108. [108] 
    Michale wrote:

    Now it's time to bitch-slap President Trump..

    Trump admin to iron out next coronavirus relief package, how it could be a wake-up call for those off the job

    Meadows, Mnuchin head to Capitol Hill to huddle with lawmakers on the next coronavirus bill

    That means these negotiations will likely crescendo between now and the first week of August.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/meadows-mnuchin-capitol-hill-next-coronavirus-bill

    DO IT ALREADY!!!

    You have been talking about this for MONTHS..

    Shit or get off your gold covered crapper already!!

    I have been out of work since Nov...

    Git 'r done, dood!!!

    {/bitch-slap}

  109. [109] 
    Michale wrote:

    “I’m not sure how many times it has to be said, but the risk to children from this disease and the fatality is nearly zero. The risk of children for a significant illness is far less from the seasonal flu … This is totally antithetical to the data.”
    Dr. Scott Atlas, Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution

    Once again, ya'all claim to be about "science"..

    The SCIENCE says it's perfectly safe for children to go to school...

    The Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party is USING children as a political bludgeon..

    Despicable.. Completely and utterly despicable...

  110. [110] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Biden's Neo-Back-Porch Campaign seems to be working splendidly. Can we skip "TV
    Debates" this cycle?

  111. [111] 
    Michale wrote:

    Once again...

    It likely comes down to two main hypotheses: children having fewer ACE2 receptor cells in their respiratory tracts (necessary component for coronavirus to enter) and since the severity of COVID-19 seems directly linked to the body’s own immune response, children having a less complex immune system may be protective.
    Dr. Nicole Saphier

    SCIENCE

  112. [112] 
    Michale wrote:

    Can we skip "TV
    Debates" this cycle?

    Of course you want to skip debates.. You KNOW President Trump will wipe the floor with Biden... :D

    Let's all get together here for the debates with a bottle of whiskey in front of us..

    Every time Joe Biden puts his foot in his mouth, everyone takes a shot..

    We'll all be soused within 30 mins.. :D

    It's funny.. Biden hides in his basement and ya'all call that "leadership"...

  113. [113] 
    Michale wrote:

    I mean, seriously..

    Doesn't it BOTHER ya'all that the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party use America's children in such a crass and political manner??

  114. [114] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    Epidemiologists are saying, “Resuming in-person instruction too soon could spread the disease. Although children are at low risk, they will bring it home to parents and grandparents.”

    Thank you for sharing that michale. The risk is not so much making students sick, the risk is them becoming carriers and killing their families.

  115. [115] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Here is the trailer for the exciting, upcoming feature film regarding the orange swamp thing's diseased mind:

    UNFIT: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF DONALD TRUMP

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCr9zxWQAYI

  116. [116] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @jfc,
    After mary trump's book, any other armchair psychological profile on the president will likely be a bit anticlimactic.

  117. [117] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Nypoet-
    So CW's article is anticlimactic? :D

  118. [118] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Let's face facts. replacing Trump with the same old big money false alternative Deathocrat in Biden that gave us trump in the first and will likely lead to another Trump in the future is likely to turn out to be a LOT anticlimactic.

    Unless the climax you desire is the death of democracy and our country.

  119. [119] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    More is more.

  120. [120] 
    Michale wrote:

    Thank you for sharing that michale. The risk is not so much making students sick, the risk is them becoming carriers and killing their families.

    And the risk is STILL minimal...

    I bet ya a million quatloos that parents of those children are willing to accept the risk so their children can get a good education..

    After mary trump's book, any other armchair psychological profile on the president will likely be a bit anticlimactic.

    So some bimbo who is jealous of President Trump's success spews bullshit about him..

    Let's face reality.. You only believe it because it's what you WANT to hear... :D

  121. [121] 
    Michale wrote:

    JL,

    Let's face reality.. You only believe it because it's what you WANT to hear... :D

    Facts to support???

    You quote the part of the link that supports your agenda and ignore the part of the link....

    Pediatricians, by contrast, say it is important for children’s overall health to get them back in school. Online learning is not very effective, they say, and losing a year’s classroom instruction and socialization will be extremely harmful.

    ... that decimates your agenda..

    Why do you want to harm children by denying them an education?? :D

  122. [122] 
    Michale wrote:

    My "agenda" is to do whatever is best for the children...

    And since, by and large, Democrats don't HAVE kids and don't LIKE kids... (present company excepted, of course.. :D )

    They don't get a say....

  123. [123] 
    Michale wrote:

    It's an undeniable fact that the BEST move for the children is to open the schools..

    The fact that it's ALSO beneficial for the US Economy is simply an added bonus..

    And it's THAT bonus that is the reason why the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party wants to harm America's kids..

  124. [124] 
    Michale wrote:

    Alex Berenson rips teachers unions for opposing reopening schools: They hate Trump 'more than they care about kids'

    Teachers unions are largely in favor of postponing the reopening of schools, due to COVID-19
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/alex-berenson-teachers-unions-reopening-schools-hate-trump

    Yep.. Exactly....

  125. [125] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    50

    40% for Trump over Biden in Delaware!? What!?

    Over Biden? Trump is trailing by double digits. It's Delaware, EM!

  126. [126] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    65

    But, after just one smallish glass of Sambuca and I'm done.

    You must drink it "con la mosca" to stay sober. ;)

  127. [127] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    [125] She means that 40% are choosing orange over blue which is correct. It's not as if there are no cult members there.

  128. [128] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Indeed.

    I guess Biden's ability to work with Republicans over the decades hasn't been a luxury. It's been a necessity! Heh.

  129. [129] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Flaming lib hoaxer Duval County Sheriff Mike Williams (R) is wetting his pants worrying about Big Orange's INSANE super-spreader coronavirus convention party.

    “Any plan requires finances and resources. I don’t have what I need to keep our community safe”

    He'd better ask the hard-working knuckle-draggers of his county to pay because it's a well documented FACT that the orange one is going to stiff him for the bill.

  130. [130] 
    Michale wrote:

    Joe Biden supports defunding police..

    That fact alone will sink him in the debates and the election...

  131. [131] 
    Kick wrote:

    JFC
    78

    I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Season Two of Housewives of Coronavirus debuts at 5 PM Eastern. Will Dr Fauci, the character who inexplicably went away near the end of Season One, resurface? Will Dr Birx sink deeper into the darkness?

    Didn't the "wet one" insist multiple times that the virus would disappear in the heat? Yet here it comes back for the second sizzling sweaty season.

    The orange swamp thing is promising to discuss the virus and “perhaps some other things.” I'll bet he doesn't talk about Putin killing US heroes.

    Maybe he'll talk about how wearing a mask is "idiotic." Oh, wait... I am being told that wearing a mask in Season Two will be "patriotic."

    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1285299379746811915

    Well, this is an "about face" that is surely going to surprise the troops... a total pivot that will surely confuse the fans of the "orange swamp thing" (props). I mean, if wearing a mask is patriotic, that means Uncle Joe is the leader because he's been doing that since Day One of Season One!

    Who knows, maybe before the end Season Two, the orange swamp thing will listen to the scientists some more and follow the CDC guidelines for reopening of... all kinds of things like Red States and even maybe Blue States and... dare we hope... maybe even schools!

    Will he be capable of putting America first?
    It couldn't hurt the shitty ratings.

  132. [132] 
    Michale wrote:

    JFC,

    Flaming lib hoaxer Duval County Sheriff Mike Williams (R) is wetting his pants worrying about Big Orange's INSANE super-spreader coronavirus convention party.

    Of course, the article says NOTHING of the sort...

    Yer so full of shit, yer eyes are brown..

    I shouldn't blame you though.. You had a stroke and are obviously mentally deficient because of it..

    You can't help but be a blubbering idiot..

  133. [133] 
    Michale wrote:

    The sheriff of Jacksonville, Fla., said he can’t provide security for the Republican National Convention because of a lack of clear plans, adequate funding and enough law enforcement officers.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/20/florida-sheriff-gop-convention-security-373089#superComments

    Basically, what the Sheriff is saying that Democrats and their Defund/Abolish Police platform is a pain in the ass...

  134. [134] 
    Michale wrote:

    Will Teachers’ Unions Reelect Trump?
    The science says it’s safe to reopen PK-12 yet the unions insist on holding the children hostage.

    https://spectator.org/will-teachers-unions-reelect-trump/

    That's the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party for ya..

    Hostage takers..

    Now they are taking children hostage..

    Scumbags.. Pure, unadulterated scumbags..

    Of course, the silver lining is that their actions ensure a President Trump victory in 105 days.. :D

  135. [135] 
    Michale wrote:

    And, since ya'all like polls so much.. :D

    During the next six weeks the nation’s 51 million public school students, with the assistance of their parents, would normally be preparing for the next phase of their education. This year, despite the absence of scientific data indicating that a return to in-person class attendance increases the risk that students or educators will contract COVID-19, the teachers’ unions are resisting school reopening. This flouts the will of parents whose taxes pay the teachers, disregards the failure of large-scale distance learning, and ignores the emotional damage children suffer pursuant to the social disruption that accompanies school closures. According to a recent Gallup survey, a clear majority of parents want schools reopened:

    Fifty-six percent of parents with children who attend a K-12 school prefer their children’s instruction be fully in person this fall. Meanwhile, 37% prefer a hybrid program in which students attend school part time and do some distance learning, while 7% want full-time distance learning for their children.

    Only 7% want schools to stay closed..

    And yet, THAT is exactly the position of the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party.. To keep schools closed..

    By all means.. Guarantee a President Trump landslide re-election... :D

  136. [136] 
    Michale wrote:

    It's actually somewhat hilarious..

    There is not a SINGLE current Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party platform that has ANY support from the American people..

    Defund/Abolish Police..

    Reparations..

    Tearing down American culture..

    Violence and anarchy in the streets..

    Cop killings...

    NONE of it has *ANY* support from sane patriotic Americans with more than 2 brain cells to rub together...

  137. [137] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    81

    Heh!

    You know that Trump’s position would change real quickly if he believed there was a chance that they’d name one for him!

    I'm laughing... but ain't that a sad fact!?

    Trump would sign anything they wanted if it would get him a Nobel Prize -- an award and money -- the perfect "carrot" to dangle in front of him.

  138. [138] 
    Michale wrote:

    JL,

    You spoke of epidemiologists before??

    OK, let's listen to them...

    This nonsense has been repeatedly debunked by epidemiologists such as John Ioannidis of Stanford University and Knut M. Wittkowski of Rockefeller University. Moreover, as Liz Harrington at Townhall reports, “Twenty-two European countries reopened their schools back in May, and it did not cause ‘any significant increase in coronavirus infections among children, parents, or staff.’ ” Scientific studies have been conducted in Germany, Ireland, and France that independently reached the same conclusion. The fear-mongering by teachers’ unions and Biden is about politics rather than science, as Dr. Scott Atlas of the Hoover Institution recently reiterated in an interview with KUSI News:

    We know it’s factually true and proven all over the world that people under 18 have very little, if any, risk.… The data is clear. Whether it’s from Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands, France, Spain, the United States, Asia, all over the world.… Children almost never transmit the disease. In fact, Switzerland is contemplating stopping even testing children because it’s irrelevant.

    So, the SCIENCE is clear...

    Anyone who wants schools to stay closed does NOT have the children's best interests OR the parent's best interests at heart..

    All they have is a Party agenda that specifically HURTS American children and their parents..

    Anyone who supports keeping schools closed ought to be ashamed of themselves..

    The science is clear and conclusive...

  139. [139] 
    Michale wrote:

    The fear-mongering by teachers’ unions and Biden is about politics rather than science

    EXACTLY....

  140. [140] 
    Michale wrote:

    The only real question that remains is the following: Why do teachers’ unions and Democratic politicians believe keeping schools closed is a winning issue for them? Presumably they think that, if the schools remain shuttered, millions of parents will be unable to return to work pursuant to the absence of child care. This would, according to the scenario, prevent the economy from recovering — a failure the Democrats hope voters will blame on President Trump. The problem with this plan is their assumption that the electorate is largely made up of morons, particularly Trump supporters. This is the same mistake the Democrats have been making about the voters since June 2015.

    They assume that, when UTLA members refuse to return to work until the police force is defunded and charter schools are shut down, the voters can’t see that their actual agenda is unrelated to student safety. They really seem to believe that, when members of the Durham (N.C.) Association of Educators (DAE) decline to resume classroom teaching until Medicare for All and welfare benefits for illegal immigrants are enacted, the voters are unable to see that their goals are political rather than educational. They would have us believe that a lawsuit filed by the Florida Education Association (FEA) against GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis actually involves the state constitution’s safety requirements.

    None of this passes the laugh test. There is no scientific data supporting the claims of teachers’ unions or Democrats, including former Vice President Joe Biden, that a return to in-person instruction increases the risk that students or educators will contract COVID-19. All of their sound and fury is about the November election, and it signifies nothing but partisan politics. Only 7 percent of parents want schools to remain closed. The other 93 percent want the “educators” to get off their posteriors and do their jobs. If they refuse to do so, and the Democrats support their intransigence, it will create a wave of resentment among the voters that President Trump will easily ride to a second term in the White House.

    Ya'all's Party slavery agenda is as pathetic as it is obvious...

    All of this is about one thing and one thing only.. Stopping President Trump from being re-elected.. And ya'all don't even care how bad it hurts the children...

    What's ironic is that these very actions will cause they very thing ya'all think it will prevent..

    When Americans go into the voting booth in 105, they will remember which Party it was that actively sought to harm America's children...

    And they ALL will vote accordingly...

    The FACTS are clear... The SCIENCE is clear...

    Opening the schools will cause no harm...

  141. [141] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    My apologies to everyone. I need to make a small correction to my post [129]

    Flaming lib hoaxer Duval County Sheriff Mike Williams (R) is wetting his pants worrying about Big Orange's INSANE super-spreader coronavirus convention party.

    “Any plan requires finances and resources. I don’t have what I need to keep our community safe”

    At this point, it should have said:

    Too bad he can't ask the lazy knuckle-draggers of his county to pay because they won't go back to work due to Nancy's fat welfare payments and it's a well documented FACT that the orange one is going to stiff him for the bill. Sad.

  142. [142] 
    Michale wrote:

    Since ya'all love polls so much.. :D

    Majority of voters reject reducing police funding, despite national push: poll
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/majority-of-voters-reject-reducing-police-funding

    Defund/Abolish Police is a losing idea for the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party..

    And Joe Biden will lose the election because he supports defunding police...

  143. [143] 
    Michale wrote:

    Stig,

    During the Wallace interview Trump challenged himself with a memory:cognition:brass balls test by claiming that Biden had signed a pact with Bernie Sanders to defund police. Wallace called bull shit. A quick document check (by White House staff) indicated - on air mind you - that Trump had failed a real world cognition test of his own making: namely don't lie on air and then fact check yourself. That's the polite way of putting it.

    Actually, as usual, you are full of shit...

    Joe Biden DOES support defunding police..

    The facts are clear on that...

  144. [144] 
    Michale wrote:

    JFC,

    My apologies to everyone. I need to make a small correction to my post {sic}[129]

    It's actually comment #136..

    But allow me to translate..

    Michale caught me spewing bullshit again so I have to back pedal and recant

    :D

  145. [145] 
    Michale wrote:

    Yunno, JFC..

    There was a REASON you ran away before.. :D

  146. [146] 
    Kick wrote:

    MtnCaddy
    90

    Provided M'Lady that you retire first - woot!

    Retire!?

    "I wasn’t aware that was something a person could do." ~ "Hamilton" lyrics. ;)

  147. [147] 
    Mezzomamma wrote:

    In the UK/US national betrayal contest, the UK appears to be pulling level, as per this report from the BBC:

    The ISC's [Intelligence and Security Committee] inquiry covers a number of topics, including disinformation campaigns, cyber tactics and Russian expatriates in the UK - saying the UK was a "top Western intelligence target" for the state, only behind the United Nations and US.

    But much of the "highly sensitive" detail was not be published due to fears Russia could use the evidence to threaten the UK.

    'Hot potato'
    The committee said Russian influence in the UK was now "the new normal" and the UK was "clearly a target" for disinformation campaigns around its elections.

    But they said the issue was described as a "hot potato" - with no one organisation taking a lead to tackle it.

    The report criticised intelligence agencies for not taking action during the EU referendum, despite there being "credible open source commentary" suggesting "influence campaigns" from the Russians during the Scottish independence referendum in 2014.

    And it said the government only "belatedly realised the level of threat which Russia could pose" after the so-called "hack and leak" operation against the Democrats in the 2016 US election, calling it a "game changer".

    The committee said: "Had the relevant parts of the intelligence community conducted a similar threat assessment prior to the [EU] referendum, it is inconceivable that they would not have reached the same conclusion as to Russian intent, which might then have led them to take action to protect the process."

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53484344

    Sigh....

  148. [148] 
    Kick wrote:

    JFC
    92

    Wow. The insanity is spreading out from the cult, completely uncontained. A "mens' rights" freak shot that judge's family and they're getting all rapey again at Fox.

    A "black American" hater and anti-feminist member of the "He Man Woman Haters Club" full of that "white male grievance" because "white guys are under attack"... bullshit spew... whiny about "men's rights"... suckling at the Trump breasts.

  149. [149] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Kick [148],

    They suspect that he murdered some other incel weirdo before shooting the judge's family. All because they can't get laid on Ladies Night.

    Thanks Trump.

  150. [150] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    The GOP death cult / hate group is now eating its own.

    The orange swamp thing's bootlickingest nutHouse Freedumb Caucus zombies (Gaetz (R-FL), Massie (R-KY), Gohmert (R-TX), Jordan (R-OH) have decided that Liz Cheney is the problem. Unsurprisingly, they chose a woman.

    Lock her up!

  151. [151] 
    Michale wrote:

    Florida school year will be from 31 Aug thru 16 Jun..

    Down here in FL, FACTS and SCIENCE rule our world.. :D

  152. [152] 
    TheStig wrote:

    In the wacky world of the Trump Administration:

    The right of a citizen to not wear a mask into a business is more important than the right of an individual to walk down a public street without being snatched and or beaten to a pulp by unknown armed forces driving unmarked cars.

  153. [153] 
    Michale wrote:

    The right of a citizen to not wear a mask into a business is more important than the right of an individual to walk down a public street without being snatched and or beaten to a pulp by unknown armed forces driving unmarked cars.

    The difference being, of course, not wearing a mask does not infringe on anyone else's freedoms.

    The individuals walking down the streets are walking to or from criminal activity up to and including killing cops..

    The fact that you defend cop-killers is not surprising to me at all..

  154. [154] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.

  155. [155] 
    Michale wrote:

    Top Biden communications aide has history of sexist Twitter posts

    Posts are the latest example of a top Biden staffer undercutting the former vice president's messaging
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-communications-has-history-of-sexist-posts

    All right, people.. Time to cancel Joe Biden... :D

    Seriously... Ya'all think Joe Biden can win!!!?? :D

    THAT is hilarious.. :D

  156. [156] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I do! I do think he can win. I think the stars are finally aligned for a Biden presidency, at long last.

  157. [157] 
    Kick wrote:

    That, of course, would be Kamala I SLEPT MY WAY TO MY SENATE SEAT Harris

    Voted for Donald Trump Adulterer Male Slut Putin's Bitch Paid Off a Porn Star yet keeps repeating the same shit over and over about Kamala Harris as if he's stuck on stupid.

    I think Poor Mike Admitted Player is just jealous because he slept his way into a shithole. *laughs*

  158. [158] 
    Michale wrote:

    EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden's head of strategic communications, Kamau M. Marshall, has repeatedly posted sexist messages on social media over the past decade, beginning with a Christmas Eve 2011 tweet in which he expressed his affection for "power women" – as long as she "know[s] her place" and he can "where [sic] the pants."

    The social media posts are the latest example of a top Biden staffer undercutting the former vice president's public messaging. On Friday, Fox News reported that a supervising videographer on the campaign openly called for defunding the police and tweeted a meme mocking officers as worse than "pigs" – even as Biden says he only wants some money "redirected" from police departments.

    However, Marshall's posts are from a senior campaign official – and appear to be part of a long-running pattern.

    This guy speaks for Joe Biden..

    Surprising???

    Not in the LEAST....

    Better jump on this Joe... Get out of your basement and show some leadership... :eyeroll:

  159. [159] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I have been patiently waiting for this moment for more than thirty years ...

  160. [160] 
    Michale wrote:

    I do! I do think he can win. I think the stars are finally aligned for a Biden presidency, at long last.

    So, this sexist douche-bag that works and speaks for Biden doesn't bother you at all???

    Double-standard much???

  161. [161] 
    Michale wrote:

    Here are some examples from the Joe Biden campaign..

    "Nice guys finish last because they make sure their girl comes first."

    "Are all women crazy???? Lol no offense ijs [I'm just saying]."

    "It's unattractive when a girl doesn't act classy & does not know how to control her feelings."

    That's your Joe Biden...

  162. [162] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Michale, do you really want to start comparing the attributes of the people who work for Biden and Trump? Seriously?

  163. [163] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    For me, life is too short for that sort of nonsense.

  164. [164] 
    Kick wrote:

    Mike
    97

    Delaware knows how incompetent Joe Biden is.. 44 years in DC and not one significant achievement that was good for the country...

    Joe Biden will win Delaware by double digits.

    If a man's home state

    I know, right!? Donald Trump got his ass kicked nine ways to Sunday in his home state. You do make a great point there that only applies to Your Orange Worship.

  165. [165] 
    Kick wrote:

    Mike
    100

    If ya'all advocate tearing down confederate statues because of their link to slavery, then ya'all *MUST* advocate the tearing down of the Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party as well..

    That Party only exists in the tiny minds of dumb asses who invent lots of stupid shit and then whine about it.

    As far as the very real statues, I don't advocate tearing them down. I think they should all be relocated to Mar-a-Lago and Trump golf courses in Florida where they can be loved and admired by their biggest fan.

  166. [166] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Michale,

    I hope you are listenting to what Biden is saying right now, this minute ...

  167. [167] 
    Kick wrote:

    JFC
    127

    She means that 40% are choosing orange over blue which is correct. It's not as if there are no cult members there.

    I see, then.

    JFC is correct, EM, there are idiots in every state of the Union. The important thing is that Trump will most definitely lose to Biden in Joe's home state of Delaware by double digits in the same way Trump lost by double digits in his own home state of New York where they've known him for over seven decades. :)

  168. [168] 
    Kick wrote:

    Mike
    130

    Joe Biden supports defunding police..

    That is a lie.

    That fact alone will sink him in the debates and the election...

    That lie alone proves you're a gullible rube and a useful idiot.

  169. [169] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Useful to what or whom? Poor choice of adjective there. Heh.

  170. [170] 
    Kick wrote:

    JFC
    149

    They suspect that he murdered some other incel weirdo before shooting the judge's family. All because they can't get laid on Ladies Night.

    Sad... and he sued over "Ladies Night" for making him pay to "get in" all because he was a dick. I haven't read the lawsuit yet; I wonder if he was suing to make the ladies pay or to get in the bar free. Poor dick.

  171. [171] 
    Kick wrote:

    TS
    152

    In the wacky world of the Trump Administration:

    The right of a citizen to not wear a mask into a business is more important than the right of an individual to walk down a public street without being snatched and or beaten to a pulp by unknown armed forces driving unmarked cars.

    Those fake occifers are sure wearing masks, though.
    'Splain that! ;)

  172. [172] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Kick [170]

    I wonder if he was suing to make the ladies pay or to get in the bar free.

    Don't be surprised if he was suing to make women give him sex for free.

  173. [173] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    LizM,

    do you really want to start comparing the attributes of the people who work for Biden and Trump?

    Give us a comparison of their attitudes regarding Putin's bounties instead.

  174. [174] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    156

    The data is showing Biden can definitely win.

  175. [175] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    162

    Michale, do you really want to start comparing the attributes of the people who work for Biden and Trump? Seriously?

    Heh. Well, we could just narrow it down to the people in prison and the convicted felons and go from there.

    How about hearing from one of Trump's golfing buddies regarding the two men?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Xpwyd4aMM

    The man's got a point. :)

  176. [176] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    169

    Useful to what or whom?

    Good point.

    Poor choice of adjective there. Heh.

    REWRITE to [168]

    That lie alone proves you're a gullible rube and a useless idiot.

    *
    You're absolutely right, EM... Fixed it for you. :)

  177. [177] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    What I find odd is that Republicans who are screaming that they can’t stand being stuck in their houses anymore with their spoiled offspring because if forces them to finally deal with the realization that they did a horrible job raising their kids are the same Party that for years have argued the benefits of homeschooling. So which is it?

    Most Trump supporters fail out by 10th grade, based on the audiences at his rallies, so it seems comical that they are suddenly so concerned about education. And I hope everyone realizes that Trump only wants schools to start back so that he can restart his rallies! Right now, states are not allowing large crowds to congregate because of the pandemic, but if they reopen schools they will likely allow his rallies to start back up. Trump cannot stand not being worshipped by his adoring crowds!

  178. [178] 
    Michale wrote:

    Liz,

    Michale, do you really want to start comparing the attributes of the people who work for Biden and Trump? Seriously?

    Ya'all have been doing that since Jun of 2015...

    NOW ya don't like it when Biden's judgment is called into question???

  179. [179] 
    Michale wrote:

    I hope you are listenting to what Biden is saying right now, this minute

    He's groping some woman and sniffing her hair while his top communications guy spews sexist bullshit..

    Another day in the life of Joe Biden..

  180. [180] 
    Michale wrote:

    For me, life is too short for that sort of nonsense.

    Funny how that "nonsense" was perfectly acceptable from the Weigantian Peanut Gallery for the last 5 years..

    What's the matter??

    Ya'all can't handle to scrutiny that ya'all put President Trump under since even BEFORE he was elected..???

    Double Standard Much???

  181. [181] 
    Michale wrote:

    Most Trump supporters fail out by 10th grade, based on the audiences at his rallies, so it seems comical that they are suddenly so concerned about education.

    Once again, Russ spews bullshit that has absolutely NO BASIS in fact..

  182. [182] 
    Michale wrote:

    EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden's head of strategic communications, Kamau M. Marshall, has repeatedly posted sexist messages on social media over the past decade, beginning with a Christmas Eve 2011 tweet in which he expressed his affection for "power women" – as long as she "know[s] her place" and he can "where [sic] the pants."

    The social media posts are the latest example of a top Biden staffer undercutting the former vice president's public messaging. On Friday, Fox News reported that a supervising videographer on the campaign, Sara Pearl, openly called for defunding the police and tweeted a meme mocking officers as worse than "pigs" – even as Biden says he only wants some money redirected from police departments.

    This is Team Biden..

    Anyone who thinks that sane patriotic Americans will vote Democrat is simply deluding themselves..

  183. [183] 
    Michale wrote:

    Funny how no one here condemns the sexist comments from Biden's camp...

    Silence = Assent

  184. [184] 
    Michale wrote:

    Within minutes of this story's publication, Marshall deleted many of the tweets cited in this article, but Fox News retained screenshots. The Biden team has declined to offer any comment on the posts by either Marshall and Pearl, and Marshall did not respond to an emailed request for comment prior to this story's publication.

    Unlike Pearl's messages, Marshall's posts are from a senior campaign official – and appear to be part of a long-running pattern.

    Sexist fucker tried to hide his comments..

    Biden = Sexist candidate...

  185. [185] 
    Michale wrote:

    "Nice guys finish last because they make sure their girl comes first."
    -Biden Campaign

    Yea... THAT will get the women vote..

    BBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  186. [186] 
    Michale wrote:

    Whassamatter, ya'all???

    Cat got ya'all's sexist/misogynist tongues?? :D

  187. [187] 
    Michale wrote:

    Not a single word of condemnation from Weigantians..

    WHY am I not surprised???

    Sexism is perfectly acceptable when it comes from Biden and his team..

  188. [188] 
    Michale wrote:

    "It's unattractive when a girl doesn't act classy & does not know how to control her feelings."
    -Team Biden

    "{{{cccchhhhiiirrrrppppp}}}{{ccchhhhhiiiiiiirrrrrppppp}}"
    -Weigantian Peanut Gallery

    Ya'all are neck-deep in hypocrisy....

  189. [189] 
    Michale wrote:

    Carp....

    Reposted for clarity...

    "It's unattractive when a girl doesn't act classy & does not know how to control her feelings."
    -Team Biden

    "{{{cccchhhhiiirrrrppppp}}}{{ccchhhhhiiiiiiirrrrrppppp}}"
    -Weigantian Peanut Gallery

    Ya'all are neck-deep in hypocrisy....

  190. [190] 
    Michale wrote:

    OK It's quitting time, people..

    I expect lots of condemnations from ya'all over Team Biden's blatant and perverse sexism...

    If ya don't, that means ya'all are completely on board with and support such blatant sexism...

    "Silence = Consent"
    -The Democrat/AntiFa/BlackLiesMatter Party

  191. [191] 
    Michale wrote:

    I am betting there won't be a SINGLE condemnation of Biden for his choice of a TOP Communication guy who is blatantly sexist...

  192. [192] 
    Kick wrote:

    The Lincoln Project has a new ad today that is totally on topic:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsaO3v4SvwA

    No, they are not laughing with Donald; they're laughing at the moron and his pathetic pathological lying and prattling on and on repeating the same stupid bullshit over and over as if everyone has his limited fourth grade vocabulary. Moron.

  193. [193] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    177

    What I find odd is that Republicans who are screaming that they can’t stand being stuck in their houses anymore with their spoiled offspring because if forces them to finally deal with the realization that they did a horrible job raising their kids are the same Party that for years have argued the benefits of homeschooling. So which is it?

    OMG! Great point, Russ!

    Didn't the Orange Blowhole just give a speech standing in front of Mount Rushmore where he accused public schools of horrible things?

    “Against every law of society and nature, our children are taught in school to hate their own country and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes but that were villains,” he said. “The radical view of American history is a web of lies, all perspective is removed, every virtue is obscured, every motive is twisted, every fact is distorted and every flaw is magnified until the history is purged and the record is disfigured beyond all recognition.”

    ~ Donald Trump, July 5, 2020

    *
    Most Trump supporters fail out by 10th grade, based on the audiences at his rallies, so it seems comical that they are suddenly so concerned about education.

    I know, right!?

    And I hope everyone realizes that Trump only wants schools to start back so that he can restart his rallies!

    Russ is right! Pick a lane, you ignorant Trumpian dipshits! You're whining about schools, and now here we are just days later after the Mouth Rushmore bullshit spew and drivel, and now Bloated Bozo the Clown and his "didn't think that one through" moron mouthpieces are all suddenly singing the praises of how school is so great for our kids -- the best damn thing on the planet -- can't get them opened back fast enough to suit the GOP and their minions... suddenly in lockstep and whining for everybody to pack up your kids as fast as you can and drop them off at the front door pronto!

    Multiple points to Russ!

  194. [194] 
    Kick wrote:

    Just when you think he's reached rock bottom:

    Creepy McDonald Trump sends his well wishes multiple times to a woman who is currently under arrest and being held without bail for her involvement in a sex traffic ring and the repeated sexual abuse involving underage teen girls as young as 14.

  195. [195] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    Michale seems to think his trumpetting of Trump in some fashion innoculates him and his fellow lemmings from the galloping sexism that flies daily in Trumpland.

    More failed 'whataboutisms' to be ignored.

    LL&P

Comments for this article are closed.