ChrisWeigant.com

The Choice Couldn't Be Starker

[ Posted Thursday, March 12th, 2020 – 17:26 UTC ]

Both Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders have taken a page from Michael Bloomberg's campaign playbook, and they really need to continue doing this right up until the election (no matter which one of them becomes the nominee). Because more than anything else, it clearly shows the difference between having a sane adult as president and what we've got now.

The tactic I speak of was made evident when Bloomberg bought three minutes of nationally-broadcast network primetime towards the end of his campaign, in a bid to boost his chances. While it didn't do him much good at the polling places, I still thought it was a brilliant piece of political theater. Because Bloomberg didn't even mention Trump once, instead he quite calmly and rationally spoke to America's citizenry and showed us all the difference between how presidents have normally behaved in office during dire times and, by unspoken contrast, how Donald Trump manages a crisis. At that difference was pretty stark, for all to see.

Biden and Sanders just did so as well, although they were a bit more pointed in their remarks about the Trump administration's ongoing failure to adequately address the coronavirus crisis. Even so, the contrast was again remarkable. On the one hand, the Democrats outlined the actual facts of the situation; told the people the truth about where we now are and where we can expect to be in the immediate future; and then laid out what they think should be done both right now and in the longer term to address the crisis -- and also shore up America's obviously inadequate system of dealing with such emergencies. On the other hand, you had Donald Trump speaking to a primetime television audience from the Oval Office -- for only the second time during his presidency -- which turned into one of his usual "hostage video" performances, where he woodenly read the script on the TelePrompTer without showing a shred of empathy to those affected. During his speech, he told at least four flat-out lies, and failed to address the continuing crisis of the shortage of testing available. The difference between seeing either Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden and watching Trump's performance was painfully obvious.

It shows what Democrats (and Never-Trumper Republicans, to be fair) have been saying all along: (1) any sane and rational adult with the ability to learn new things would be orders of magnitude better than Trump at leading our country, and (2) Trump is fundamentally incapable of dealing with a crisis that can't be bullied into submission on Twitter. Watching Sanders or Biden or Bloomberg was like returning to a world where presidents made sense, told the truth, and could construct a complete English sentence while using all the words correctly and following the rules of grammar. Trump couldn't even manage to do so when reading off a TelePrompTer the words that others had written for him to parrot. Reportedly, the speech was written by Jared Kushner and Stephen Miller, which really tells you all you need to know about it.

Trump's address to the nation was supposed to calm fears -- especially those hovering over the stock market. The market reacted today by posting another record loss -- this one of over 2,350 points in the Dow, or 10 percent of value. In one day. Reportedly, futures trading (which takes place after the market has closed for the day) went from betting stocks would rise on Thursday to making heavy bets that stocks would fall -- during Trump's speech. There's some real-time feedback for you, Mister President. One more day like today and Democrats are going to be dusting off the tried-and-true campaign question: "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" Maybe they'll begin it with: "Is your 401K better..." for greater effect. Trump is now dangerously close to seeing all the market gains of his entire term in office disappear. Which could happen during trading tomorrow (I wrote about this yesterday and, not wanting to sound too pessimistic, cautiously predicted: "It would only take another week or two of further collapse for this to happen," never imagining it would happen so fast).

Trump only has himself to blame for his political fortunes being tied so closely to the stock market, because he himself firmly tied those knots. He watches the market numbers like a hawk, and always takes full and complete credit for any gains -- as indeed he did less than a month ago, when the market hit its high point and Trump gleefully tweeted about it. So it's going to be ridiculously amusing to see him try to blame Barack Obama for the current downfall, as you just know he will. The only real answer to such misdirection will be a hearty round of: "BWAH Hah hah! Tell me another funny one!"

The futures market turned sour during Trump's nationally-televised address. No further proof is necessary what Wall Street thinks of this president's ability to handle this crisis. All Trump had to do was sound reassuring and tell the American people the truth about where we are and where we're headed next. He couldn't manage to do so, even though this is a fairly simple task. But Trump's never fully learned how to "be presidential" because he's never had to learn. So far, he's gotten away with tossing paper towels at hurricane victims and drawing Sharpie lines on maps to change reality to what suits him. This time is different. The virus does not care what Trump tweets. It does not care if Trump lies about it (with Sharpie lines or not). It does not belong to a political party or any one country, therefore calling it ugly names is not going to make one whit of difference to it. It's gonna do what viruses do. Which is -- quite literally -- to "go viral." The strict definition of that term is not "to spread like wildfire," after all, it is "to act like a virus."

The way to respond to such a pandemic is to calmly look at the evidence of the situation, implement a plan to counteract community transmission, put the nation's healthcare system on full alert, and do everything you can to both gather all the information you can (test as many people as possible as fast and as easily as possible) and to disseminate that information to the public. And that's precisely what Michael Bloomberg, Joe Biden, and Bernie Sanders did.

It's also precisely what Donald Trump appears to be absolutely incapable of doing.

And that is the choice America will face this November, period. Which is why showing this difference in as stark a fashion as possible is the smartest thing Democrats could be doing right now. And for once, they're actually doing so.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

70 Comments on “The Choice Couldn't Be Starker”

  1. [1] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Wow. The choice could not be starker.

    Choosing between someone that is not at all good at handling a crisis they did not create or imagine (the only kind of crisis the person can control) and someone that does the right thing in a crisis but did nothing that could have averted the crisis and will do nothing to avert future crisises until they are a crisis.

    The choice had better become starker.

    The Dem nominee as a small donor only candidate would be a lot starker of a difference not only between Trump and the Dem nominee but between the small donor only Dem nominee and the current nominees and past Dem nominees that gave us Trump and put us in a position to not be ready to handle this crisis and other crisises that are not as obvious but at the crisis point just the same. see the War on Habitat and big money in our political process.

    The choice couldn't be starker?

    Get Real.

    If you believe Trump is that bad then you had better wise up and do what is needed to get people like me to vote Dem.

    Your Trump /Republicans is/are so bad that you have no other choice routine does not work on me or the people you need any more.

    No more free pass. You have to offer more than nothing but empty promises.

    The Dems are not ENTITLED to our votes just because the Republicans suck.

    You have to earn it and prove you will earn it before we vote by running small donor only campaigns.

    Pay back is a bitch.

    But not nearly the bitch Michale will be if the Dems fuck the pooch again in 2020.

    "But go on, keep digging. The way out of the hole has to be down there somewhere."

    One Demand can be a ladder, a rope or even a rope ladder. It is available when you are tired of digging or finally realize the futility.

  2. [2] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Unless the title was a typo and you meant "The Choice Couldn't be Darker". :D

  3. [3] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    ..." the speech was written by Jared Kushner and Stephen Miller, which really tells you all you need to know about it."

    Lol, it was messy. It swirled Dervishly.

    All this proves is Trump isn't alone in his malaise.

    LL&P

  4. [4] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    Sometimes I feel bad for Trump, what with all his doomed efforts piling up.

    This isn't one of those times.

    This latest fiasco was another swing and miss for Trump because his first instinct was to lie and misinform, again.

    Had he just said, in his own simple way, "you gotta stay home for a bit, we'll get some sick leave going" he might have yet saved the day.

    But no.

    LL&P

  5. [5] 
    John From Censornati wrote:

    Actually, Biden's happy talk about his GOP senate friends is a huge turnoff. He had better make it clear that he understands who they are. Moscow Mitch and his gang are at least as big a problem as the demented orange Twitter troll. Had he been removed, he would not be sinking the financial markets with his tsunami of lies and idiocy. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

  6. [6] 
    Michale wrote:

    FPC

    Russ,

    You lied about working in law enforcement for almost two and a half decades... so it’s a bigger lie to claim you worked in the field for thirty!

    You keep making the same bullshit claim..

    And you keep NOT having ***ANY*** facts to back it up..

    And FSO...what exactly was your job title? It sounds like you are trying to claim that you worked as a Foreign Service Officer... which is a joke!

    BBBBWWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Look who'se the joke.. :D

    What does Foreign Service Officer have to do with public safety???

    You really are a moron, aren't ya Russ..

    My not being around when you first lied to everyone about your work history does not prove I was lying...it just means I was unaware of the lies you told prior to my arrival. , You did me a favor by proving the point I was trying to make: that you lie about your work history in order to steal the honor of those that actually put in the time serving this country.

    Yea yea yea.. You keep making the SAME bullshit claims..

    And yet... You don't have a SINGLE SOLITARY IOTA of a FACT to back up your bullshit claims..

    Why do you insist on lying every time you post???

  7. [7] 
    Michale wrote:

    Q. Does a troll shit in the woods?

    A. Of course. Where do you think Kick came from?
    (Trolls give birth to new trolls by shitting)

    Oh come on.. That wasn't nice..

    Funny as hell...

    But not nice..

    "Be nice.. until it's time not to be nice"
    -Patrick Swayze, ROAD HOUSE

    :D

  8. [8] 
    Michale wrote:

    CW,

    And that is the choice America will face this November, period. Which is why showing this difference in as stark a fashion as possible is the smartest thing Democrats could be doing right now. And for once, they're actually doing so.

    Yea??

    That's what they did in 2016..

    I am not sure but I think it didn't work out too well for them in 2016..

    But hay.. Let's go with your line of thinking..

    Show the American people the stark choice..

    So, let's look at the choice..

    President Trump.. A roaring economy (the current temporary downturn notwithstanding) the lowest unemployment in DECADES.. For minorities the lowest unemployment **EVER**... Overseas Americans are respected and feared again... Calm measured actions taken to combat a run o the mill pandemic that happens now and again..

    OK.. Not let's look at Democrats..

    Well, they... no, that was President Trump.. Oh there was that time... no, that was ALSO President Trump.. Well, they DID try a coup based on the Russia Collusion delusion... And there was the time they tried a faux impeachment coup.. BOTH failed utterly and miserably.. And the Dumbocrats DID promise more investigations, but they have LOST every court case to date.. Speaking of the courts, Democrats have ALSO lost in **EVERY** court case on their anti-America pro-illegal immigrant agenda..

    Well, I'll be damned, CW..

    You are dead on ballz accurate..

    The choice IS stark and clear..

    Patriotic Americans DEFINITELY should vote for President Trump in Nov...

  9. [9] 
    Michale wrote:

    'nuck,

    Sometimes I feel bad for Trump, what with all his doomed efforts piling up.

    Doomed efforts??

    You mean like when he totally decimated yer golden boy, Mueller on your Russia Collusion delusion??

    Or maybe you mean "doomed" like when he wiped the ground with your Dumbocrats in their ridiculous faux impeachment coup attempt....

    Or, wait.. Do you mean President Trump's "doomed efforts" when he has kicked the shit out of Dumbocrats in the courts???

    You people really crack me up sometimes.. Democrats are getting the utter SHIT kicked out of them on a daily, oft times HOURLY basis..

    And ya'all go on and on about how it's PRESIDENT TRUMP who is in trouble and going down.. :D

    Talk about yer self-serving and self-perpetuating delusions..

    Ya'all have that and ONLY that.. :D

    But hay... Carry on.. It's going to make President Trump's landslide win and Demcorats complete and utter decimation in the House that much more enjoyable..

    Democrats are gonna be thinking on buying property in Jonestown come Nov....

  10. [10] 
    Michale wrote:

    If only we could talk to someone who actually HAD the disease and get their thoughts..

    Oh.. Wait..

    Seattle woman infected with coronavirus says 'don’t panic' when recounting battle with deadly illness
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/seattle-woman-infected-with-coronavirus-says-dont-panic

    OK...

    So, the message is simple.. The responsible message is "DON'T PANIC"..

    THAT is the message that RESPONSIBLE leaders put forth..

    In contrast, here is the message from Democrats...

    "DON'T BE CALM!!!!! DON'T BE CALM!!!!! PANIC!!!!! PANIC!!!!!"
    -Democrat Party

    Again, CW.. I have to say.. You are dead on ballz accurate..

    The choice simply CANNOT be starker and clearer...

  11. [11] 
    Michale wrote:

    Schneider said she treated her symptoms with over-the-counter cold and flu medication. Her fever subsided a few days later.

    BBBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

    Democrats are so frakin' hysterical about a disease whose symptoms can be successfully treated with over the counter meds!!

    BBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

    You people really crack me up sometimes..

    Yunno, it's funny.. I always ask the question, "How low can Trump/America haters go in their quest to take down President Trump???"

    Hysterically hyping up a run o the mill pandemic and HOPING for tens of thousands of Americans dead so they can blame it on President Trump??

    Apparently, that's NOT too low... :eyeroll:

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    "I finally got a phone call from one of the research coordinators on Saturday (March 7), telling me that 'You have tested positive for COVID-19,'" she said, noting her mother cried when she informed her.

    “I was a little bit pleasantly surprised because I thought it was a little bit cool," she said. "Granted, I probably would not have felt that way if I was severely ill. But from a scientific curiosity perspective, I thought it was very interesting. And also the fact that I finally got confirmation that that's what I had."

    By the time she was confirmed to have the virus, Schneider said she was feeling better — but was asked by local health officials to stay home for at least 72 hours after her symptoms subsided.

    Get that???

    By the time she was notified she had COVID, she was already over it..

    While this is very VERY good news for Americans and the world, it's also very VERY bad news for Dumbocrats and President Trump haters...

    But hay.. Isn't that ALWAYS the way it is... Good news for America is always bad news for Dumbocrats and Trump/America haters...

  13. [13] 
    Michale wrote:

    I miss Balthasar and Neil..

    They both would have LOVED joining with the hysterical Trump/America haters and trying to pin this pandemic on President Trump..

  14. [14] 
    Michale wrote:

    JFC!!!

    Well, the prodigal luser returns!!! :D

    You back for more fun, excitement and totally being bitch-slapped to the ground!!??? :D

    OK, OK.. I shouldn't be too hard on you.. It's hard to compete with the FACTS when yer backing the totally luser Democrat Party..

    I am actually glad ta see ya..

    This current crop of hysterical yahoos can't hang with the Alpha Dog... :D

    You want to give it another go??? :D

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    Oh look..

    Ya'all's China buddies have blamed the US...

    China government spokesman says U.S. military may have brought virus to China
    https://news.trust.org/item/20200312152307-rlv7m

    Yea, I know.. Democrats being traitors to their country is nothing new...

    And it's all justified to take down President Trump, right??

    I mean, ya'all have to destroy this country to save it..

    That's the Dumbocrat Party way... :eyeroll:

  16. [16] 
    Michale wrote:

    CW,

    The futures market turned sour during Trump's nationally-televised address. No further proof is necessary what Wall Street thinks of this president's ability to handle this crisis.

    Yunno, that's funny..

    Because when Wall Street was soaring to new heights, ya'all said that it had NOTHING to do with President Trump..

    Some of ya'all even made the LAUGHABLE claim that it was because of Odumbo.. I mean, honestly.. How hilariously MORONIC is that!??

    So, when the market turns down, ALL OF THE SUDDEN, it's because of President Trump..

    But when the market goes up?? It's because of ANYONE and ANYTHING other than President Trump..

    Is THAT the claim???

    Seems to me that, no matter WHAT it is... If it's a good thing it's NOT President Trump.. If it's a bad thing.. It's ALL President Trump.. I mean.. According to ya'all anyways...

    Which begs the question...

    Is this TRULY "reality"??? As in "reality based" forum???

    Or is it just HHPTDS infused Democrat and Trump/America hater "truth"???

    Enquiring minds want to know...

  17. [17] 
    Michale wrote:

    Political savant Rachel Bitecofer: Democrats face "major disadvantage" going with Biden

    Rachel Bitecofer forecast the "blue wave." She says turnout favors the Democrats — but their messaging is awful
    https://www.salon.com/2020/03/12/political-savant-rachel-bitecofer-democrats-face-major-disadvantage-going-with-biden/

    Even Democrats are saying that the Democrat Party messaging is "awful"..

    So, apparently, the idea that Democrats are on the right message is not entirely factually accurate..

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    Writing about the Democratic primaries and the upcoming presidential election has brought great comfort to the mainstream news media. Instead of focusing on the Trump regime and American fascism, media commentators can turn their attention to public opinion polls, votes, and personalities. Like slipping on an old shoe, such horse-race coverage is familiar and safe. However, familiarity does not in fact make it good.

    The worst examples of horse race journalism — which unfortunately describes most of it — does the public a great disservice in any number of ways.

    It fails to provide the American people with the deeper context: The 2020 presidential election threatens to be a moment of tectonic social and political shift, in which the Age of Trump could become the new normal.

    Apparently, this woman's theories are, to put it kindly, slightly Left of Occasional Cortex...

    But hay.. This is the new Democrat Party.. You people OWN this loony tune.. :D

  19. [19] 
    Michale wrote:

    MC,

    I would highly recommend you read that SALON link.. You'll find a LOT to agree with there.. :D

  20. [20] 
    Michale wrote:

    Sebastion Roche (who I have always like since his ODYSSEY FIVE days, but who has lost it as a Trump/America hater) twit'ed this little gem..

    THE BIDEN PLAN TO COMBAT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) AND PREPARE FOR FUTURE GLOBAL HEALTH THREATS – Joe Biden fo...

    One has to wonder..

    Is that the same "plan" that Biden and Odumbo implemented during the Swine Flu pandemic??? The one on Odumbo's and Biden's watch that killed over 12,000 Americans???

    "Yea, that's a great fucking plan, Chief...."
    -Sylvester Stallone, DEMOLITION MAN

  21. [21] 
    Michale wrote:

    Chaos on Hong Kong’s rail network as police chase protesters into station, beat people on train, arrest over 60
    https://www.scmp.com/video/hong-kong/3025272/chaos-hong-kongs-rail-network-police-chase-protesters-station-beat-people

    This is the actual physical version of Democrats and their overblown un-called for hysteria....

    How long til Dumbocrats push for THIS kind of action here in the US??

    You people REALLY need to get a grip..

  22. [22] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    "...the idea that Democrats are on the right message is not entirely factually accurate."

    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

    When Dems take big money to run their campaigns they are sending the message that they will be working for the big money interests after they are elected.

    Any other message they offer through promises of future action/legislation is not entirely factually accurate when it is not in the interests of the big money interests.

    Which is why people like me and the 40% that don't vote don't fall for the empty promises.

    Sorry Dems. You woo us, use us, screw us and lose us.

    The you have no other choice message and pretending that the having no other choice message is a stark difference is not a winner.

  23. [23] 
    Michale wrote:

    Sorry Dems. You woo us, use us, screw us and lose us.

    Except the Dems never really lose the Demcorat sheeple...

    THAT's the problem...

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    Although, to be factually accurate, a lot of black Americans who were Democrats, are waking up to the fact that the Democrats have promised the moon and haven't delivered jack shit.. Hell it was Democrats who opposed civil rights legislation...

    So, a Democrats ARE losing black and hispanic Americans..

    So, there is that...

  25. [25] 
    Michale wrote:

    For all ya'all's hysterical doom-saying yesterday, guess what??

    US stock futures soar to limit-up level
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/us-stock-futures-turn-positive-overnight

    Who could have POSSIBLY predicted this!?? :D

    Oh.. wait..

    Don't tell me, let me guess.. This is NOT because of President Trump..

    Odumbo gets the credit, right???

    You people are so predictable...

  26. [26] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    While you are right that the Dems do not lose their base, I was referring to the people like me (the around 7 million that voted third party in 2016) and the 40% of eligible voters that don't vote.

    Some of these are people that could be with the Dems if the Dems were willing to offer more than the empty promises.

    Yet the Dems continue to offer more of the same big money candidates and expect us to fall in line because we have no other choice.

    When they could offer a stark difference with a small donor only nominee.

    THAT'S the problem.

    If the Dem nominee making the small donor only commitment for the general election can't get one in five loyal Dems to contribute an average of 100 dollars in contributions of 200 dollars or less from any one donor then it's time to admit that democracy does not work.

    The big money Dems have made their choice. They have chosen the big money interests instead of ordinary citizens.

    There couldn't be a starker difference.

    The Dems have chosen to offer little difference instead of a stark difference.

    The Dems will have no one to blame but themselves when they do not get the voters they need to beat Trump with the deception that is clearly not deceiving the voters they need, though it probably won't stop them from trying again.

    It's not our fault the Dems keep offering us deception instead of trying to find out what they could offer that will earn our votes.

  27. [27] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    The stock market is up. The stock market is down.

    What else is new?

    And the whole time the stock market goes up and down the actual value of the companies remains the same.

    Until people no longer make money off of buying and selling stocks which drives the price up and down based on demand which creates perceived value rather than actual value the up and downs of the stock market will only reflect a dis-functional economy.

    Make people make money off investing instead of speculating as described in yesterday's thread and then the stock market ups and downs will be relevant.

    Until then it is just nonsense to pretend it is anything other than proof of the failure of the big money politicians to represent ordinary citizens or proof of their success at doing their job for the big money interests.

  28. [28] 
    Michale wrote:

    It's not our fault the Dems keep offering us deception instead of trying to find out what they could offer that will earn our votes.

    Yer preaching to the choir, DH.. :D

  29. [29] 
    Michale wrote:

    The stock market is up. The stock market is down.

    What else is new?

    Again, exactly my point...

    Weigantians like to blame President Trump when things are bad but refuse to give him credit when things are good..

    Funny how that is, eh? :D

  30. [30] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @m,

    this market correction is absolutely not donald's fault, nor was the bubble that spawned it, nor the virus that set it off.

    what IS donald's fault is the utter lack of compassion he demonstrates for the consequences it is having on anyone other than himself.

    JL

  31. [31] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Your point was that Dems blame Trump for when it's bad and don't give him credit for when it's good.

    My point is that the stock market going up or down based on speculation is bad so neither deserves credit for it being good and both deserve blame for it being bad because they set it up to only be good for the big money interests and bad for ordinary citizens and have done nothing to change it.

    Two different points.

    And the difference couldn't be starker.

    I'm beginning to like that. :D

  32. [32] 
    Michale wrote:

    this market correction is absolutely not donald's fault, nor was the bubble that spawned it, nor the virus that set it off.

    Agreed.. Would be nice if you pointed that out to everyone who blames President Trump for it.. :D

    what IS donald's fault is the utter lack of compassion he demonstrates for the consequences it is having on anyone other than himself.

    What you call "lack of compassion" is nothing more than objectivity and being calm in the face of massive hysteria generated by Dumbocrats SOLELY for partisan purposes.. Their faux impeachment coup didn't work out so they are hysterically trying to put President Trump's face on this latest decadal pandemic...

    I am also constrained to point out that objectivity and calm in the face of massive hysteria are BOTH very good and honorable leadership traits..

    Traits that are NOT exhibited either by Adolf Hitler and Dumbocrat {sic} "leaders"...

    So, something else that Democrats and Adolf Hitler have in common...

  33. [33] 
    Michale wrote:

    this market correction is absolutely not donald's fault, nor was the bubble that spawned it

    I also want to point out that you would be hard pressed to find facts to support that the massive Wall Street explosion was a mere "bubble"..

  34. [34] 
    Kick wrote:

    Don Harris
    111 (moved forward)

    Q. Does a troll shit in the woods?

    You tell us, troll. I would wager your flailing verbal diarrhea likely follows your ignorant ass in the woods and wherever else you care to expose it.

    A. Of course.

    That lack of education you highlight in your bio and everywhere else you drag your ass is entitled to a dictionary; it is your responsibility, and you owe it to your admitted ignorance.

    Where do you think Kick came from?

    College... you fucking uneducated mooch.

    Why don't you run along now and troll and curse out the author until he publishes your bio:

    I have none of the credentials normally listed in a bio. No degrees, no years of running a successful business and no experience in political campaigns or activism. I am simply an average person that has been working and living at survival mode. But I have the only credentials that I believe really matters. I am a citizen and I have an idea that may improve our political system. ~ Don Harris

    You could shorten that whole thing up and say: "I have no education, no experience, no success, and you should assume I will troll your blog with my verbal diarrhea until you publish my bio and make an ass out of you and me.

  35. [35] 
    Kick wrote:

    Don Harris
    112 (moved forward)

    Which is why trolls like to turn everything into shit.

    You don't see the irony in that... troll who turns near everything posted by the author into a commentary on his own personal bullshit crusade?

    ^^^ Rhetorical question. ^^^

  36. [36] 
    Michale wrote:

    College... you fucking uneducated mooch.

    So, yer a product of the Democrat/Liberal college education system..

    I would like to say that surprises me, sweetheart.. :D

    But it doesn't..

  37. [37] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @m,

    now that's just silly. if you're going to give donald credit for the apparent boom then you're going to have to blame him for the apparent bust, although objectively he deserves neither.

    or as CW puts it, "Trump only has himself to blame for his political fortunes being tied so closely to the stock market, because he himself firmly tied those knots."

    also, i have documented the twenty different ways donald campaigns like professor gill, so your attempt at verbal ju-jutsu on that point has no basis in fact.

    JL

  38. [38] 
    Michale wrote:

    You don't see the irony in that... troll who turns near everything posted by the author into a commentary on his own personal bullshit crusade?

    One has to wonder if YOU see the irony in that ^^^^^.. :D

    Change the 'his' to 'her'... I am sure it will come to you... :D

    Honey.. :D

  39. [39] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @kick,
    don't be ridiculous, you and i both know that reason dictates everything CW posts is really about pie.
    JL

  40. [40] 
    Michale wrote:

    To date, the number of people who have died in the US from Convid-19...

    40

    Trump/America haters are apoplectic with hysterical fear-mongering...

    Number of people who died in the US in the Swine Flu pandemic in 2009 under Odumbo???

    Approx 12,269....

    Democrats??? Not a PEEP from them...

    Funny how that is, eh?? :eyeroll:

  41. [41] 
    Michale wrote:

    now that's just silly. if you're going to give donald credit for the apparent boom then you're going to have to blame him for the apparent bust, although objectively he deserves neither.

    And yet, objectively, you never object when people here give President Trump the blame..

    Further, I don't actually give "credit" to President Trump for the stock market, although I may have mentioned it on occasion to push the buttons of the Trump/America haters..

    No, mostly my comments in that regard are to point out how ya'all had predicted that the Stock Market (AND the US economy incidentally) would collapse and disintegrate if Trump were elected..

    That, obviously, didn't happen.. Obviously..

    also, i have documented the twenty different ways donald campaigns like professor gill, so your attempt at verbal ju-jutsu on that point has no basis in fact.

    And yet, you have not provided a SINGLE solitary piece of evidence to support that such similarities are EXCLUSIVE to Donald Trump and how he campaigns..

    On the other hand, I have provided FACTS that prove that Odumbo's way of campaigning ALSO is similar to President Trump's and Hitler's way of campaigning..

    So, the FACTS clearly show that it's the nature of CAMPAIGNING that is the issue, not an individual person..

    Yes, Trump and Hitler share similarities in campaigning.

    So do Odumbo and Hitler..

    Ergo, such similarities are distinctions to campaigning itself and have absolutely NO MEANING to addressing the character of the campaigners..

    You have yet to successfully refute this conclusion, electing instead to drop the matter in hopes I will cut you some slack and forget about it. :D

    I'm trying... :D

  42. [42] 
    John M wrote:

    Michale wrote:

    "JM,

    So, what's yer take on Democrats wanting to shut the Democrat primary down and anoint Joe Biden???"

    I'd say, if that's what ordinary Democratic voters want to do, that's their right.

    Bu Since Bernie is going on with his campaign, and no primary has yet been outright cancelled, your point is moot and meaningless.

    On the other hand....

    Michale, what's your take on Republican officials cancelling Republican primaries and wanting to just anoint Trump, and not let republican primary voters vote for any alternative other than Trump like Bill Weld?

    Kansas, Alaska, South Carolina, Arizona, and Nevada have all canceled their Republican primaries/caucuses in order to throw their support fully behind President Donald Trump.

  43. [43] 
    John M wrote:

    Michale wrote:

    "Now that circumstances beyond *ANYONE*'s control has forced a downturn"

    Yes, please remember this KEY PHRASE

    "After **YEARS** of saying ODUMBO was responsible... now all the sudden, it's President Trump who is responsible.."

    Yes, because of Several CRUCIAL differences:

    1) Trump, HIMSELF, has taken PERSONAL responsibility for the Stock Market's performance, attributing its performance to his own election and actions as President, such as the tax Cut.

    Something Obama NEVER did.

    2) The current economy has NOTHING to do with any underlying economic factors, such as taxes, inflation, production, employment... structural issues or cycles that can be fixed by other economic means...

    It is, as you said, due to a force of nature like an earthquake or volcanic eruption. Therefore, it cannot be solved by economic means.

    The natural disaster issue itself is the one that must be dealt with.

    Something so far that Trump has failed miserably at.

    Like Bush's response to Katrina (Doing a great job there Brownie!!!) Or Trump's response to Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico (Or the Puerto Rican government's response if you prefer.)

    The Trump administration WE KNOW AS FACT, knew this virus was coming to the USA since at least late January..

    They had all this time to PREPARE

    1) In 2018, the National Security Council’s global pandemic director left his post abruptly; then his entire team was disbanded by former national security adviser John Bolton. The Trump administration has yet to refill any of those positions, leaving huge vulnerabilities in our global pandemic preparedness.

    2) In 2018, the Trump Administration cut 80 percent of CDC funding used to fight global pandemics.

    3) Last October, the Trump Administration opted to discontinue a Bush-era program expanded under Obama—called “Predict”—that monitored the threat of animal-born diseases to humans, the possible origin point of the novel coronavirus. The program was behind the discovery of more than 1,000 viruses, including an Ebola strain.

    So, YES, TRUMP IS RESPONSIBLE

  44. [44] 
    Michale wrote:

    I'd say, if that's what ordinary Democratic voters want to do, that's their right.

    Except that's not what I asked..

    Bu Since Bernie is going on with his campaign, and no primary has yet been outright cancelled, your point is moot and meaningless.

    Why is it meaningless??

    I'll tell you why..

    Because the ONLY possible answer puts yer DUMBOCRATS in a bad light and you would prefer to cut off your dick rather than speak ill of Democrats..

    Michale, what's your take on Republican officials cancelling Republican primaries and wanting to just anoint Trump, and not let republican primary voters vote for any alternative other than Trump like Bill Weld?

    You have already made clear that it's no big deal and, if it's their right, then it is perfectly acceptable...

    :D

    Kansas, Alaska, South Carolina, Arizona, and Nevada have all canceled their Republican primaries/caucuses in order to throw their support fully behind President Donald Trump.

    That simply tells me that President Trump enjoys the full support of the Republican Party.. :D

  45. [45] 
    Michale wrote:

    Something Obama NEVER did.

    Of course Odumbo never did..

    Because the stock market STANK... Odumbo, being the political animal he is, NEVER would want to associate himself with that..

    DUH.....

    So, YES, TRUMP IS RESPONSIBLE

    So, then you are giving President Trump the credit when the market is doing good..

    Is THAT what you are saying???

    Good.. Glad we have consensus... :D

  46. [46] 
    John M wrote:

    [10] [11] [12] Michale wrote:

    What you FAIL to point out:

    1) Her temperature was 103 degrees

    2) She was 37 years old to begin with and a reasonably healthy young adult with no underlying conditions

    3) She did NOT become one of the 20 percent who get pneumonia or anything more serious

    IF, as PREDICTED, over the next 2 years, HALF the American population come down with coronavirus, 150 million... then 20 percent of that is 30 million.

    Not unreasonable given that this is a NEW disease in Humans, for which Humans have no PREVIOUS exposure or IMMUNITY to. It's like giving Smallpox to Native Americans. We're lucky the rate is ONLY 20 percent.

    Do we have hospital beds for 30 million? NO

    we have at any ONE TIME, hospital beds for ONE million

    That's 30 million people possibly needing ventilators. Those over 60, with diabetes etc.

    By the way Micahle, how's that cruise in a month? Carnival, Princess, and Viking just canceled ALL their cruises WORLDWIDE for the next TWO months.

    I guess they take it a lot more seriously than you do???

  47. [47] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    And yet, you have not provided a SINGLE solitary piece of evidence to support that such similarities are EXCLUSIVE to Donald Trump and how he campaigns..

    incorrect. as i pointed out earlier, what's exclusive to donald and professor gill (until the latter's untimely death at the hands of melakon) is the frequency, pervasiveness and unwillingness to be held accountable for such activities. just as there is a clear difference between occasional sadness and major depression, there's a difference between on the one hand politicians who use one of these strategies from time to time and then later hedge about it, and politicians like donald and professor gill, who create their own false reality and try to bend actual reality around it.

    Professor Gill, can you hear me? You've got to speak. You've got to speak. This is our last chance. Gill?
    ~KIRK

  48. [48] 
    John M wrote:

    [45] Michale wrote:

    "Of course Odumbo never did..

    Because the stock market STANK... Odumbo, being the political animal he is, NEVER would want to associate himself with that.."

    NOT FACTUALLY CORRECT

    "So, YES, TRUMP IS RESPONSIBLE

    So, then you are giving President Trump the credit when the market is doing good.."

    Your LACK of reading COMPREHENSION is PHENOMINAL.

    "Is THAT what you are saying???"

    NO. but you Already KNEW that. You're just being flippant.

    "Good.. Glad we have consensus... :D"

    Only if the consensus is that Michale is a foolish gadfly. The yes we do.

  49. [49] 
    John M wrote:

    [44] Michale wrote:

    "You have already made clear that it's no big deal and, if it's their right, then it is perfectly acceptable..."

    NO, that's NOT what I said. Again your lack of comprehension is on display.

    It was Republican party officials who did the deciding, not Republican voters themselves.

  50. [50] 
    John M wrote:

    The POINT is NOT to PANIC, but to take things SERIOUSLY, not be FLIPPANT, and MITIGATE things now, WHILE we can.

    Otherwise if we are not careful, we could find ourselves getting into the situation Italy is finding itself slipping into.

    Sorry 75 year old grandma with pneumonia, but we need your hospital bed for the 25 year old car accident victim instead. So sorry you're out of luck, oh well.

  51. [51] 
    Michale wrote:

    JM,

    1) Her temperature was 103 degrees

    Key word there being "WAS"..

    So???

    2) She was 37 years old to begin with and a reasonably healthy young adult with no underlying conditions

    Exactly.. Covid-19 is nothing except to the very elderly...

    By the way Micahle, how's that cruise in a month? Carnival, Princess, and Viking just canceled ALL their cruises WORLDWIDE for the next TWO months.

    Good thing we're going on a REAL cruise line who doesn't give into hysterical Trump/America hate and bigotry..

    :D

  52. [52] 
    Michale wrote:

    The POINT is NOT to PANIC, but to take things SERIOUSLY, not be FLIPPANT, and MITIGATE things now, WHILE we can.

    Except your DUMBOCRATS are saying "I don't want you to be calm"..

    THAT is an exact quote..

    Sorry 75 year old grandma with pneumonia, but we need your hospital bed for the 25 year old car accident victim instead. So sorry you're out of luck, oh well.

    And yet, you didn't say a WORD when over 12,000 Americans died under Odumbo and his Swine Flu pandemic..

    Why is that???

    Because this is all about NOTHING but your Trump/America hate and bigotry..

  53. [53] 
    Michale wrote:

    incorrect. as i pointed out earlier, what's exclusive to donald and professor gill

    Professor Gill is a fictional character and what's exclusive to him has no bearing in the real world..

    is the frequency, pervasiveness and unwillingness to be held accountable for such activities. just as there is a clear difference between occasional sadness and major depression, there's a difference between on the one hand politicians who use one of these strategies from time to time and then later hedge about it, and politicians like donald and professor gill, who create their own false reality and try to bend actual reality around it.

    You just described the Odumbo campaign PERFECTLY...

    :D

    Thank you for proving my point..

  54. [54] 
    Michale wrote:

    It was Republican party officials who did the deciding, not Republican voters themselves.

    And it was Democrat Party officials who said that the primary should be cancelled and Joe Biden anointed..

    So, you have absolutely NO rational argument..

  55. [55] 
    Michale wrote:

    And yet, you didn't say a WORD when over 12,000 Americans died under Odumbo and his Swine Flu pandemic..

    Why is that???

    I'll ask again because I am sure you'll ignore it.

    WHERE WAS YOUR CONCERN when over 12,000 Americans died under Odumbo and his Swine Flu pandemic.

    Did you say ONE word about that???

    No.. Because it was a Democrat who was at the helm.. And you would as soon cut off an appendage than say something against a Democrat..

  56. [56] 
    Michale wrote:

    JM,

    Com'on JM.. Point me to your comments about the 12,000+ Americans who died under Odumbo and his Swine Flu incompetence..

    40 Americans have died with Trump as President and you are HYSTERICAL, attacking President Trump at every turn...

    Show me where you said ***ANYTHING*** about 12,269 Americans dying in 2009 because of Odumbo's incompetence...

    You can't because you and I both know you didn't say shit..

    You are perfectly happy with Americans dying when it's under Democrat incompetence...

  57. [57] 
    Michale wrote:

    SILENCE GIVES ASSENT
    -Weigantian Rule

    I accept your concession, JM...

  58. [58] 
    Michale wrote:

    CNN's Andrew Gillum found 'inebriated' in Miami Beach hotel room; cops recover meth
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/andrew-gillum-inebriated-miami-beach-hotel-room-meth

    Democrats... :eyeroll:

    Good thing us Floridians had the good sense to kick Gollum to the curb....

  59. [59] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ahhhhh Gollum is with CNN...

    THAT explains a lot...

  60. [60] 
    Michale wrote:

    Russ attacked President Trump earlier saying that he was campaigning off of the Convid-19 emergency..

    As usual, Russ offered NO FACTs to support the claim..

    Yet, Russ is SILENT off of Biden and the Democrats fund-raising off of the emergency..

    Karl Rove: Coronavirus crisis a major test for America – So why are Biden, DSCC raising money off it?
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/coronavirus-crisis-america-biden-dscc-money-karl-rove

    The hypocrisy is as overwhelming as it is nauseating..

  61. [61] 
    Michale wrote:

    JL,

    Let's approach it from a different angle..

    Do you concede that there are similarities between Odumbo's campaign and Hitler's campaign??

  62. [62] 
    Michale wrote:

    Assuming you look at the FACTS and concede that there were similarities between Odumbo and Hitler, let me ask this..

    Do you feel that those similarities are relevant and accurate in assessing Odumbo's character??

    Or, in his case, lack thereof???

  63. [63] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @m,
    You're trying to force a discussion of absolute binaries, when that's not how human behavior works. Kill one Iranian it's an isolated incident. Kill one thousand it's a massacre. Kill one million it's a genocide. I used the fictional character gill to take Hitler's other acts out of the equation. The comparison with trump is valid, with Obama not so.

  64. [64] 
    Michale wrote:

    You're trying to force a discussion of absolute binaries, when that's not how human behavior works.

    Actually, it's you who is talking absolutes..

    Odumbo's similarities to Hitler is completely different than Trump's similarities to Hitler.. Absolute.. Black/White..

    **I** am telling you that what you are talking about are NOT differences (IE NOT absolute... NOT Binary...) but rather distinctions... Numerical distinctions.

    Your claim is that President Trump's numerical superiority in the similarity or frequency means that President Trump's similarity is BAD..

    And because Odumbo's similarity is LESS or less FREQUENT, then that means Odumbo's similarity is "GOOD"...

    Basically, you are claiming binary when in fact you are spinning distinctions..

  65. [65] 
    Michale wrote:

    The comparison with trump is valid, with Obama not so.

    This is not a factual statement..

    I am willing to PROVE it to you but I need your co-operation to do so..

  66. [66] 
    Michale wrote:

    But it will probably have to wait until in the morning..

    We're catching up on the LA version of BLUE BLOODs with a female lesbian Commissioner Reagan... :D

  67. [67] 
    Kick wrote:

    Mike
    36

    So, yer a product of the Democrat/Liberal college education system..

    Somebody mentions "college," and Mike naturally goes full-on right-wing rube and starts foaming at the mouth about Democrats. Careful, Mikey, you happen to be shitting on law enforcement and active military and veterans all across America with your prattling like a fool with your knee-jerk lockstep right-wing rhetoric about higher education.

    Are you under the misguided impression that the vast majority of law enforcement you worship and obviously "wannabe" obtained their rank via their high school diploma? That's fucking hysterical.

    I would like to say that surprises me, sweetheart.. :D

    But it doesn't..

    I would like to say that the two-bit right-wing rhetoric you regularly spew wherein things such as education and science are the targets of derision of the toadies, lickspittles, and worshipers such as yourself surprises anyone, but I would wager it doesn't.

    It's always hysterical to watch y'all right-wing sheeple nod in unison as you suck furiously on your knees and lay yourselves prostrate in cult worship of your college educated master baiters.

    It's all fun and games to spend years dismantling and pissing on government, education, and science... until you encounter a problem you can't solve by deflection of blame, obfuscation, misinformation, and outright denial and pathetic attempts at your usual con job.

  68. [68] 
    Kick wrote:

    JL
    39

    don't be ridiculous, you and i both know that reason dictates everything CW posts is really about pie.

    Or jolly well ought to be... or barring that, we most certainly deserve and have earned an explanation as to why his responsibility to present our pastry to the public is going woefully unserved by his authorship.

    I mean, how damn hard would it be for CW to finally get real and indulge our tarts and turnovers when it's as easy as effing.................. PIE!

  69. [69] 
    Kick wrote:

    John M
    46

    I guess they take it a lot more seriously than you do???

    Mike is actually on record regarding the seriousness of the caronavirus:

    Five FACTS About The Coronavirus That Proves There Is No Need To Panic And President Trump's Actions Are Certainly In Keeping With The Decidedly Non-Serious Nature Of The Pandemic. ~

    Mike has declared it "Decidedly Non-Serious" because that was the fabricating spin of His Pathologically Lying Orange Worship so Mike was naturally in lockstep with Hair Dick Tater's attempts to downplay.

    Unfortunately for Mike, Donald Trump has now decided he needs a do-over on that previous flailing attempt at "leadership" and has now declared the caronavirus as a "national emergency"... "two very big words," according to Donald Trump. So I guess that whole "15 cases heading to zero" line of utter asinine invented bullshit on Trump's part is just supposed to be forgotten.

    Trump being Trump then said there was no need for him to get tested for the virus because Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil had not tested positive for it. After being called on this lie and being told there is a photograph of him standing next to Bolsonaro who did indeed test positive, a visibly flustered Trump said: "I don't know the gentleman" and explained, "I take pictures and it lasts for literally seconds."

    Asked by a reporter if he was being "selfish" by not getting tested whether or not he showed symptoms, Trump then completely reversed himself and said he would "most likely" be getting tested... "fairly soon; we're working out a schedule."

    Trump went on to reiterate the importance of washing your hands and following the advice of medical professionals and then shook the hands of near everyone there and the corporate executives brought there to fawn all over him and feed his needy ego.

    When Trump was asked about whether the virus might have been contained earlier, Trump slammed the Obama administration and claimed to have no knowledge of the Trump administration's decision to eliminate the entire global health security unit in the National Security Council.

    In closing, Trump claimed: "We're doing a great job …because we acted very quickly, very early."

    So to recap: Same Trump con, different day. :)

  70. [70] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    This is not a factual statement... I am willing to PROVE it to you

    no need, you're correct - it's not a fact, it's my opinion. literally thousands of well-documented facts support that opinion, but an opinion it is.

    on the other hand, the opinion you've put forth, that a comparison between obama and professor gill is equally valid as one between trump and professor gill, is contradicted by the overwhelming majority of facts on the subject.

    by analogy, it's as if i've gone down a list of twenty diagnostic criteria for major depression, donald has met all of them, and your counter-argument is that it's not a valid diagnosis because obama was sad once or had trouble sleeping one night. you've no factual leg to stand on, and are relying on rhetoric.

    JL

Comments for this article are closed.