ChrisWeigant.com

Program Note

[ Posted Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 – 18:56 UTC ]

Due to an interruption in my personal web connection (due to a minor windstorm, some cables outside my house came down, and I had to spend all day dealing with it and the phone company), there will be no column today. Thankfully, everything seems to now be working, so there should be a new column up tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's patience, and I apologize for the lack of column today.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

118 Comments on “Program Note”

  1. [1] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Take a few more days off, if you know what I mean.

  2. [2] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    I know, let's talk about the attempted coup d'etat. Nancy Pelosi has conspired with the deep state to banish Donald from the palace and replace him with her loyal liberal flunky, Mike pence.

  3. [3] 
    Kick wrote:

    What is this "deep state" you speak of?

    Oh, I know! It's deep dish:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RreS3G9_O8E

  4. [4] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ooo Goody!! An open commentary!!

    These are ALWAYS fun!! :D

  5. [5] 
    Michale wrote:

    So...

    Have Democrats provided any FACTS to support this impeachment??

    Apparently not..

    So I guess it really IS a coup...

  6. [6] 
    Michale wrote:

    A coup is generally defined as a sudden, violent overthrow of a government or a seizure of power.

    Not always...

    There ARE "bloodless" coups..

    Apparently, this is one of those..

  7. [7] 
    Michale wrote:

    House Democrat says she was 'under enormous amount of pressure' to support impeachment inquiry

    Dingell also called for the inquiry to be impartial and driven by facts rather than theory.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/democrat-dingell-impeachment-pressure

    Unfortunately for the Democrat Party, Dingell is not getting what she called for..

    To date, there is not a SINGLE SOLITARY FACT to support this faux impeachment..

  8. [8] 
    Michale wrote:

    Giuliani threatens lawsuits against individual House Dems amid Trump impeachment inquiry
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/giuliani-threatens-lawsuit-against-individual-house-dems-amid-impeachment-inquiry

    Heh

    Giuliani is the second subpoena'ee to tell Democrats to shove their subpoena up their assess...

    What IS it about Democrats, with their subpoenas are so limp-dicked and impotent??

  9. [9] 
    Michale wrote:

    And Biden's numbers continue to plummet..

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/ia/iowa_democratic_presidential_caucus-6731.html

    I think we should have a Weigantia Contest..

    Predict the date that Biden folds up his campaign and go home..

    We can have a corresponding contest and predict the date Hunter Biden is extradited to Ukraine to stand trial.. :D

  10. [10] 
    Michale wrote:

    Former Attorney General Eric Holder told Fox News on Tuesday that current Attorney General Bill Barr "is paying a price" and sacrificing his credibility by spearheading U.S. Attorney John Durham's ongoing probe into possible misconduct by the intelligence community at the outset of the Russia investigation.

    Holder also remarked separately that it was a "reality" that Republicans will "cheat" in the 2020 elections by trying to "move polling places" and "a whole variety of things" -- prompting Republicans to dismiss his "outlandish and baseless accusations."

    Holder's comments came a day after The New York Times reported that President Trump had privately pressed Australia's leader to help Barr in that probe. However, a letter obtained by Fox News showed that Australia had proactively reached out to Trump in May to offer assistance after Trump publicly told reporters he would direct Barr to contact a variety of countries as part of the probe.

    "The whole thing that the attorney general is involved in is highly unusual," Holder said. "Ordering an investigation of our intelligence and law enforcement agencies when there was already an investigation underway by the inspector general."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/holder-says-barr-is-paying-a-price-for-spearheading-russia-probe-misconduct-investigation

    Obama's self-professed "wingman", Eric Holder is scared shitless of John Durham's probe...

    Wonder how many Odumbo minions are going to be prosecuted.. :D

  11. [11] 
    Michale wrote:

    Democrats’ impeachment drive serves their needs, not the country’s
    https://nypost.com/2019/09/30/democrats-impeachment-drive-serves-their-needs-not-the-countrys/

    And, let's not forget.. Democrat actions ALSO serves the need of Russia and it's maniacal President Vlad Putin....

    In essence, Democrats are doing Putin's bidding..

    Howz THAT for irony... :D

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    So far as we know, Ukraine lacks the hallmarks of other presidential scandals. There has been no coverup. Trying to keep a transcript of a presidential call from leaking in the absence of any congressional or criminal investigation doesn’t qualify. And once the controversy became public, the White House rapidly released key documents.

    Nor is there any violation of law. Trump’s ask of Zelensky wasn’t extortion or a campaign-finance violation under any rational interpretation of our statues. If it were, practically every president in our history would have had criminal exposure.

    Unless there is a thermonuclear revelation, impeachment will be an exercise in futility, inevitably ending with Trump’s Senate acquittal. There is tsk-tsking in the press and among Democrats about Republicans holding the line. But GOP senators, by and large, are going to end up where their voters are.

    There is not a SINGLE SOLITARY FACT to support this impeachment..

    NONE.. ZERO... ZILCH... NADA.... NOTHING...

    Funny how that is ALWAYS the case, eh?...

  13. [13] 
    Michale wrote:

    You can’t expect Republicans to be told, falsely, for two and half years straight that some conspiracy with the Russians was going to be uncovered imminently and then accept at face value a five-alarm interpretation of Ukraine.

    Democrats can point to the precedent of the Clinton impeachment. Then again, if Trump had flagrantly and repeatedly perjured himself, he would have been impeached long ago. The lesson from the 1990s is, yes, you can impeach in the absence of any real hope of convicting in the Senate, but it’s a lot of trouble to go through for ­basically a censure vote.

    And the COST to Democrats?? It's going to reverberate and decimate the Democrats for years to come..

    Makes me smile just to think about it. :D

  14. [14] 
    Michale wrote:

    If Trump were for some reason actually removed on anything like the current universe of possible evidence, it would create a crisis of legitimacy at the heart of our government. Think of what Britain is going through with Brexit, only worse. Tens of millions of Trump voters would feel cheated and disenfranchised, and the roiling populism that Trump tapped into would grow stronger, not dissipate.

    Yep...

    And those tens of millions of Trump supporters are well-armed and well-trained...

    If Democrats want to tweak the tail of the tiger, they better have a plan for dealing with the teeth of the tiger...

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    The Media’s No Good, Really Bad, Terrible Two Weeks
    It probably won’t help that September is now behind them.

    https://spectator.org/the-medias-no-good-really-bad-terrible-two-weeks/

    You would think that the Media is USED to having really really REALLY bad times..

    They have so many... :D

  16. [16] 
    Michale wrote:

    There’s a really bad song called “Wake Me Up When September Ends” by a really bad band named Green Day.

    When the faux-punk outfit released the comically emo, radio-friendly single in 2004, they had no way of knowing that it would serve as the soundtrack for the American mainstream media’s unraveling some 15 years later. After all, the last half of September was a rough couple of weeks for the press; perhaps no period in modern history has witnessed such a staggering amount of journalistic malfeasance.

    It’s a play more or less in three acts, a slapstick tragedy so absurdly avoidable that it borders on comedy. And it begins, as so many journalistic tragedies do, at the New York Times.

    It's funny how ya'all carp on President Trump's approval numbers..

    You don't realize that your vaunted Leftist MSM would KILL to have President Trump's great numbers.. :D

  17. [17] 
    Michale wrote:

    Apparently still bitter that the first press-led character assassination of Brett Kavanaugh failed to stop his confirmation to the highest court in the land, the Gray Lady doubled down on September 14 by teasing a book by Times writers Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly.

    The article lobbed yet another accusation of sexual misconduct against the Supreme Court Justice (well, sort of: Kavanaugh’s friends allegedly shoved his penis in the face of an unsuspecting female). Not only did it appear that Kavanaugh was a victim as well, but the Times piece also conveniently failed to mention that the alleged female victim was never interviewed and according to her friends doesn’t remember the incident.

    Rather than apologize and pledge to do better, however, Pogrebin and Kelly instead blamed their editors and … wait for it … Fox News. Because, of course, nothing says strong, independent women like blaming a television network for your own faulty newspaper reporting.

    This whole coup thing started when NY Grime bullshit story that was DECLARED bullshit within hours....

    The NY Grime should just convert to a home and garden rag..

    They obviously cannot be trusted with REAL news..

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    But before the ink could dry on a libel suit, a new circus rolled into town and bumped the Kavanaugh debacle from the headlines.

    I’m speaking, of course, about the “whistleblower” complaint, in which an anonymous official claims he has reason to believe that President Trump was attempting to enlist the help of the Ukrainian government in the upcoming American presidential election. And in which the American press committed more unforced errors than the Bad News Bears.

    Ooooo Love it when there is pop culture references!! :D

    I don’t want another single, pop-culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. Understand?
    -Tony Stark

    :D

    But what's SO hilarious is the factual nature of the claim...

    Since the NY Grime's attempt to character assassinate Justice Kavanaugh, the Democrats have made one bone head play after another...

    And, to date, there STILL is not a single solitary fact to support impeachment

    And NO ONE can prove otherwise..

  19. [19] 
    Michale wrote:

    Let's take a trip down memory lane and revisit some of those bone head moves by Dumbocrats.. :D

    The blunders are too numerous for a full accounting, but some highlights include the following:

    Initial reports were rife with accusations that Trump made a “promise,” or quid pro quo, to Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky. The summary of the phone call released by the White House (and compiled from notes of those familiar with the call) showed no such thing.

    Trump did ask Zelensky for a favor, but in regards to CrowdStrike, a cybersecurity firm that determined the Russians were behind the hacking of the DNC’s servers in 2016, not the investigation of Biden or his son, as the whistleblower claimed. To create the appearance that the favor involved the Bidens, multiple media outlets simply omitted the more than 500 words of the call summary that separated the “favor” request from the Biden portion of the conversation. From NPR to CNN to MSNBC, virtually the entire mainstream media complex embraced egregiously dishonest editing to push a narrative the phone call proved simply wasn’t there.

    Once the story gained steam, numerous outlets jumped on a Washington Post claim that acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire threatened to resign if not allowed to testify before Congress unhindered. Maguire quickly denied the reports, saying, “I have never quit anything in my life, and I am not going to start now.”

    Finally, ABC reported that any phone call from Trump to Ukraine’s newly elected president required a discussion of the Biden probe. Their source, a Ukrainian presidential adviser, rejected the account, telling Christopher Miller of Radio Free Europe that he was not an adviser at the time of the call and that he “DID NOT tell ABC insistence for leaders to discuss Biden probe was precondition for call.”

    There were numerous additional snafus, but why beat a dead horse?

    One bullshit claim after another.. And yet, ya'all treat the MSM's word as gospel..

    WHY???

    The **ONLY** possible reason for doing so is because the MSM is saying what ya'all (NEN) want to hear..

    It's called confirmation bias... One seeks out ONLY that which confirms their own bigotry and ignores all facts that don't...

    And most everyone here is full of it... :D

  20. [20] 
    Michale wrote:

    Hardly any part of this entire sordid tale went unbutchered by America’s media apparatus. It’s a sad state of affairs indeed, but one that is hardly surprising these days, as the press has fully embraced activism in place of objectivism.

    Perhaps nothing illustrates this ethical decline better than the finale of our drama, which resides outside of national politics, in the heart of middle America. In Des Moines, Iowa, to be exact, where Aaron Calvin, a reporter for the city’s Register newspaper, ran a “routine background check” on Carson King, a 24-year-old security guard who had managed to raise more than $1 million for a local children’s hospital thanks to his love of Busch Light beer.

    Unsurprisingly, the intrepid journalist uncovered some unsavory tweets from King’s teenage years. He went on to publicly humiliate the good-willed beer drinker and force Anheuser-Busch to cut ties with King’s campaign. Many were outraged at the paper’s decision to so thoroughly vet a man with such good intentions, and it didn’t take long for some unsavory tweets from Calvin’s past to surface (the irony of the paper performing a background check on King but not a member of its own staff is hard to ignore).

    Calvin has since been sacked from the Register, but his editors, who made the decision to run with King’s tweets, strangely kept their jobs. But before you go feeling sorry for Calvin, it’s worth noting that he used the same sorry excuse as his colleagues at the New York Times, telling BuzzFeed:

    [T]his whole campaign was taken up by right-wing ideologues and largely driven by that force. It was just a taste of what I assume that women and journalists of color suffer all the time, but the kind of locality and regional virality of the story made it so intense.

    This is journalism in 2019, folks. No matter the clarity of their crimes, the press insists they are the victims and are therefore justified in ignoring facts that get in the way of the progressive cause du jour.

    And as the 2020 election draws nearer there’s little reason to believe that, despite that terrible song, the end of September will wake them up to the undeniable damage they are doing to their country.

    A perfect illustration of the depravity of the entirety of the US Left Wingery and it's propaganda arm, the MSM...

    #sad doesn't even BEGIN to describe it..

    #pathetic comes closer...

  21. [21] 
    Michale wrote:

    Happy retirement, Speaker Pelosi

    Impeachment or bust!

    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has valiantly fought the war on crazy long enough. She tried her best to be the sane, adult centrist in her party — no easy task for a lifelong politician from San Francisco.

    In the end, it was too much. She has given up the fight. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

    Impeachment fever has a chokehold on the Democratic Party.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/30/happy-retirement-speaker-pelosi/

    It's rather ironic..

    The very last act of an IN CONTROL Pelosi..???

    Sow the seeds of the Democrat Party's decimation and destruction...

    For THAT, every patriotic American should thank Pelosi for ridding this country of the scourge of Democrat'ism...

    Thank you, Pelosi... :D

  22. [22] 
    Michale wrote:

    For Republican political operatives hoping to win back the House, this is good news. They need to flip 20 House seats next year to gain back the majority.

    Among those the GOP has targeted for flipping are the 31 sitting Democrats who represent districts that voted for President Trump in 2016.

    All the lies and fantasies that have the Cuckoo Caucus’s panties in a bunch will do little to persuade Trump voters that their decision to vote for Mr. Trump in 2016 should suddenly be undone.

    The most amazing part of all this is that it is an open admission by Democrats that they have no hope of beating President Trump at the ballot box in 2020. If they could beat him on his record and on the issues, they would score a much, much greater victory.

    But since they know they could never sell any of their zany candidates or their wacky socialism to American voters, they have decided to just go back and undo the 2016 election.

    Democrats have stated FOR THE RECORD, that they know President Trump will win in 2020..

    This is an undeniable fact..

    Democrats are apoplectic to prevent this from happening..

    So, they dream up this bullshit that does not have a SINGLE SOLITARY FACT to support it..

    Give me ONE FACT relevant to this entire coup... ONE relevant fact that supports impeachment.. Just one..

    Anyone does that and I will shut up for the rest of the day..

    But no one here can..

    Because there is simply NONE out there..

  23. [23] 
    Michale wrote:

    And of all the wild conspiracies they have thrown at Mr. Trump, this latest is the worst. For them.

    People sort of understand the idea of colluding with Russia to rig an election. After all, that is precisely what former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Democrats did.

    People also can understand hiring hookers in a Moscow hotel room. After all, that is what former President Bill Clinton dreams of every night. Now, the urination thing? That might have been a stretch too far.

    But this whole Ukraine telephone call? Nobody knows what the hell that is all about.

    It is, far and away, the weakest and hardest-to-understand conspiracy. All of it was reported by a “whistleblower” witness — who did not witness anything!

    No wonder House “Intelligence” Committee Chairman Adam Schiff had to fabricate a transcript of a phone call that did not occur in order to make the charges stick.

    Few people know better than Mrs. Pelosi that Democrats are committing political suicide right now.

    Asked if she worried that the impeachment crusade could cost her the speakership, she tried to sound noble — always a tell that a politician is lying.

    “It doesn’t matter,” she sniffed. “Our first responsibility is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

    OK, then. Enjoy your retirement.

    So, even Speaker Of The House Pelosi did not contest the FACT that this faux impeachment, this coup, would at the VERY least, cost the Democrats the House..

    And, if the House goes, then by default, the GOP increases their majority in the Senate and President Trump wins re-election by a landslide..

    Don't worry.. I'll be around when that glorious day comes to pass.. :D

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    Oooo And then there is THIS little Gem.. :D

    ICIG also notes whistleblower claimed he had both second-hand *and* first-hand information. So ICIG did *not* find that whistleblower could 'provide nothing more than second-hand or unsubstantiated assertions.'

    The so-called "whistle blower" LIED in his whistle blower complaint...

    Funny how ya'all ignore THAT little fact, eh??

    I thought ya'all didn't like liars..

    Ahh yes, that's right.. You LOVE liars when they say what ya'all (NEN) want to hear..

    Silly me...

  25. [25] 
    Michale wrote:

    Aww right.. Time ta do my chores.. :D

    I'll give ya'all a bit to catch up.. :D

  26. [26] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Don't hold your breath.

  27. [27] 
    Michale wrote:

    Don't hold your breath.

    Now, now.. You got your peace overture...

    Don't be testy.. :D

  28. [28] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    It appears that God has also had enough of the constant columns on impeachment and the presidential election.

    Take the hint.

    One column a week on impeachment/scandals, one column a week on the presidential election with both reviewed in FBP and two days a week covering actual reality.

    Even imaginary deities want you to cover actual reality instead of pretending the show is real!

    Get Real.

  29. [29] 
    Michale wrote:

    But, as I am wont to do, I DO have to point out that I was wrong..

    I predicted that Weigantians would flock back to Weigantia to crow excessively about this impeachment..

    I guess even THEY realize that this faux impeachment is nothing but a thinly disguised coup..

    Apparently, my facts of the facts are having a more profound impact than even *I* realized... :D

  30. [30] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    It's going to take more that a single solitary peace overture, you know.

  31. [31] 
    Michale wrote:

    Why haven't Democrats produced the alleged whistle blower yet??

    After claiming and crowing that the "whistle blower" was set to testify and flowering oodles and oodles of praise on Schiff-Head, the "whistle blower" has disappeared from the Democrat Talking Points..

    One would think that Democrats would *WANT* to establish the FACTS to support their case..

    Ahhhhh That's right..

    Democrats KNOW that they HAVE no FACTS to support their case..

    Their cowardice in not bring the "whistle blower" to testify is clear now.. CRYSTAL

  32. [32] 
    Michale wrote:

    It's going to take more that a single solitary peace overture, you know.

    MtnCaddy and I have done our part..

    Talk to people like Russ and Blathy and Victoria who are the problem here...

    They are the ones who can't let it go.. They are the ones who try to make the comment section about me personally and not about the fact..

    Focus your energies there and you might persuade them...

  33. [33] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    "The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.
    The answer is blowing in the wind."
    -Bob Dylan

  34. [34] 
    Michale wrote:

    Impeachment Rules Say Senate Must Act, but Its Act Might Be a Swift Dismissal
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/senate-trump-impeachment.html

    Hmmmmmmm

    Where have we heard this before, eh??

    Who could have predicted that the Senate will likely "take up" this faux impeachment, only to dismiss all articles of impeachment as unfounded and not worthy of the Senate time.

    WHO could have predicted that!??

    Oh... Wait.. :D

  35. [35] 
    Michale wrote:

    Yunno.. If you people wouldn't set yerselves up for failure again and again...

    I wouldn't have any reason to gloat so much.. :D

  36. [36] 
    Michale wrote:

    WASHINGTON — Senator Mitch McConnell’s comment this week that the Senate would be forced to “take up” articles of impeachment from the House had the capital in a swirl, bracing for a full-blown Senate trial of President Trump. But as things now stand, any trial would likely be swift, ending in dismissal of the accusations.

    While the focus was on the statement by Mr. McConnell, the majority leader, that the Senate would have “no choice” but to begin an impeachment proceeding, it was his next line that might have been more telling: “How long you are on it is a whole different matter.”

    The fusty rules of the Senate make clear that Republicans could not unilaterally stonewall articles of impeachment of Mr. Trump as they did the Supreme Court nomination of Merrick B. Garland. But Mr. McConnell’s declaration suggests the Republican-controlled Senate could move expeditiously to toss them out if Republicans conclude the House impeachment is meritless, or a strictly partisan affair.

    Oh what a fitting end to the Democrat Party coup...

    :D

    Democrats can't even do a COUP right, let alone a real and actual impeachment!!

    Oh ya'all just HAVE to appreciate the irony, eh? :D

    Bring on the "whistle blower" and his alleged "witnesses".. Let them be questioned and cross-examined...

    Then... AND ONLY THEN... will this alleged "impeachment" have ANY semblance of legitimacy...

  37. [37] 
    Michale wrote:

    Red-state Dems worried impeachment push will kill hopes of retaking Senate in 2020
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/impeachment-push-moderate-democrats-retaking-senate

    As well they should..

    Democrats have absolutely NO HOPE of taking the Senate in 2020..

  38. [38] 
    Michale wrote:

    Some red-state Senate Democrats are fretting that the ongoing House impeachment inquiry could expand uncontrollably and become a “kitchen sink” of complaints about President Trump, Fox News has learned.

    West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin and Montana Sen. Jon Tester specifically expressed concerns about a broadening impeachment push severely damaging Democrats' chances to win back a Senate majority next year, sources told Fox News.

    Red State Democrats want the House to focus SOLELY on Ukraine..

    That suits me fine because it's clear that Democrats have not a single solitary FACT to support any impeachment..

  39. [39] 
    Michale wrote:

    And, once again, from the ONLY WebSite that has the official Weigantian Stamp Of Approval..

    Real Clear Politics..

    Dems Have Been Impeaching President Trump Since Day One

    “People say, ‘You changed your mind.’ I didn’t change my mind,” says Nancy Pelosi. This is true. Democrats have been impeaching President Trump since day one.

    To impeach does not just mean our constitutional process to remove a president for high crimes and misdemeanors, or, in this case, Democrats kowtowing to a radical base to jam through proceedings before their case falls apart. To impeach also means “to cast doubt on."

    And that is exactly what Democrats and their allies in the media have done since Nov. 9, 2016. Accepting the fact they all got it so wrong would require painful self-reflection. It is much easier to divert, disparage, and discredit. Otherwise the American people would not learn their lesson. Millions of “deplorables” could get the wrong idea that the swamp is supposed to work for them.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/10/02/dems_have_been_impeaching_president_trump_since_day_one_141387.html

    The problem is, Democrats have been so hysterical since the moment President Trump was elected..

    Once again I am reminded of that passage in Martin Caidan's novel CYBORG..

    "Of course the little girl was screaming!! She thought she was going to die a horrible death, burned up in a fire.. So she started screaming! You saved her, she saw your arm and she screamed some more.. Big deal!!"
    -Rudy Wells

    Democrats have been screaming impeachment since the SECOND President Trump was elected.

    They latched on to this bullshit "whistle blower" and so the scream some more..

    BIG DEAL!!

    It's utterly and unequivocally MEANINGLESS...

    And, as even the highest and most respected elder in Weigantia has stated from on high...

    It's all but assured that President Trump will still remain in office after it's all over..

  40. [40] 
    Michale wrote:

    When Ms. Pelosi says the “facts changed the situation,” she is really saying that now the Democrats have finally settled on an excuse to satisfy their mission. Russia was so 2016, 2017, 2018, and, well, 2019 (up until about July 24). Now it would be Ukraine! But let us not delude ourselves that Democrats are interested in the facts. If Ms. Pelosi were, she would not have come out in favor of impeachment without having seen a shred of evidence — the transcript of the phone call with Ukraine, or even the so-called whistleblower’s complaint, who, with the help of Democrat attorneys, came up with accusations based on no firsthand knowledge but anonymous gossip. If Democrats were concerned with facts, Adam Schiff would not have had to create fake dialogue during his melodramatic hearing. Clearly the real thing — no quid pro quo since the “favor” was about getting to the bottom of election meddling in 2016, not 2020 — is not getting the job done. Otherwise The New York Times and The Washington Post would not have had to slice and dice the transcript on their front pages. All the news that fits the narrative, and “Democracy dies in darkness,” as they say

    Democrats don't CARE about the facts because Democrats KNOW that Democrats HAVE NO FACTS..

    As I said above..

    Someone.. ANYONE.. Give me a single solitary FACT that is relevant to Ukraine and is an impeachable offense..

    NO ONE can do that.. Not even with the promise of having a Michale-Free day today...

    There simply ARE NO FACTS to support impeachment in this Ukraine debacle..

    NONE.. ZERO... ZIP.. ZILCH.. NADA... NOTHING...

    It's the Dumbocrat Way

  41. [41] 
    Michale wrote:

    It has never been about evidence, or actual wrongdoing. Democrats and the media will settle for salacious smears, conspiracy theories, and baseless anonymous claims from the resistance — both inside and outside government — as long as wrongdoing is perceived. Journalistic norms, our core institutions are just collateral damage in the never-ending pursuit to make Donald Trump’s presidency illegitimate. It did not matter how many times a cloud would be lifted, i.e. the wild accusations designed to harm his administration all fell apart. The object was creating the cloud in the first place. An air of doubt that President Trump’s historic victory was somehow not on the level. That would mean voters did not reject liberalism and a corrupt political establishment at the ballot box. That would let the establishment off the hook.

    This unrelenting campaign of lie/leak/spin/repeat comes from the same people who, while still unable to grapple with the results of the last presidential election, are casting doubt that President Trump will accept the results of the next one.

    Here is a history lesson. In 2016, millions of Americans stepped out of line and voted against the politically correct, and the politically connected. We wanted our voices heard, common sense restored in Washington, and leaders who would place the interests of Americans first, within and outside of our borders. We were tired of being forced to live by the rules of self-righteous elites that they themselves never follow. We were tired of empty promises, our jobs going overseas, all while politicians used their power to enrich themselves.

    Democrats simply CAN'T handle that President Trump is the freely, fairly, legally, democratically and CONSTITUTIONALLY elected President Of The United States..

    Even Democrats like Pelosi and Green have stated **ON THE RECORD** that they know they can't win against President Trump at the ballot box.. The Grand Poobah has stated unequivocally that Democrats confidence of an election win is directly and inversely proportional to their enthusiasm in pushing impeachment...

    As we can see, Democrats are HYSTERICAL about pushing the faux impeachment coup.

    Ergo, they are convinced that they can't win at the ballot box.

    We don't have to mind read or guess at the Democrat's thoughts on the issue..

    Democrats have FLAT OUT stated as such...

    "These are the facts of the case. And they are undisputed.."
    -Captain 'Smilin' Jack Ross, A FEW GOOD MEN

  42. [42] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Kick-

    The life and times of M would make a pretty fine caper movie. Billy Bob Thornton material. I know some people in the industry - but probably not the right people. :(

    Thought for the day. "It's not so much fun when it's your mom." - Bob Einstein

  43. [43] 
    Michale wrote:

    But those are difficult realities that require actual change. And that is what voters are finally getting with Donald Trump: a man of his word. It is a record of accomplishment and promise-keeping hard to contend with.

    It is easier for Democrats to project and try to damage President Trump politically by putting an asterisk next to his name where one does not belong. Otherwise, Democrats would have to listen to the American people. They may have refused to get the message the first time. But do not worry: We will be heard loud and clear again next November.

    A-Frakin'-men to THAT!!!

    Here is what is going to happen in Nov of 2020..

    Democrats will lose the House in a landslide Red Tsunami election..

    The GOP will increase their majority to 62, a filibuster proof majority..

    President Trump will be re-elected in a 48 state landslide..

    You heard it here first. :D

  44. [44] 
    Michale wrote:

    Stig,

    The life and times of M would make a pretty fine caper movie.

    Is that how you "ignore" someone, Stig??

    Mention them every day???

    Look, we got some great conversations and debates here..

    Don't spoil it with your insane and hysterical attempts to make everything about me..

  45. [45] 
    Michale wrote:

    Stig,

    A sad and obvious attempt to stir the pot..

    You're too scared to take me on yerself so you try and entice others to do it for you.

    Chicken shit..

  46. [46] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Didn't you have chores to do, or something?

  47. [47] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Why can't you be more like me and just ignore the comments you don't like instead of adding to them and egging them on.

    Can't we just stick to the issues that Chris outlines in his pieces that head the comments sections and forget about everything else?

    I'm sure that if you take the lead on this, others will follow, eventually.

  48. [48] 
    Michale wrote:

    Didn't you have chores to do, or something?

    Did them already.. :D I am spry for my age.. :D

    Can't we just stick to the issues that Chris outlines in his pieces that head the comments sections and forget about everything else?

    Well, considering that this commentary is about nothing.. I guess we could talk about Seinfeld.. :D

    Or Impeachment.. :D

    I'm sure that if you take the lead on this, others will follow, eventually.

    I am just as sure they won't.. You saw what happened in the last commentary.

    But hay.. That can't stop you and I having a nice discussion.. :D

    You see ENDGAME yet?? :D

  49. [49] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Shocking - absolutely shocking!

  50. [50] 
    Michale wrote:

    Shocking - absolutely shocking!

    "uh... which part"
    -Jeff Goldblum, INDEPENDENCE DAY

    :D

  51. [51] 
    Michale wrote:

    And the plot, as they say.... thickens..

    Intel Community Admission Of Whistleblower Changes Raises Explosive New Questions

    In a press release issued late Monday, the intelligence community inspector general admitted it changed its policy and its whistleblower form after an anti-Trump complainant alleged that Trump broke the law during a phone call with the Ukrainian president.

    This so-called "whistle blower" has filed this complaint once before..

    It was rejected because the policy for whistle blowers is that they have to ACTUALLY WITNESS the corrupt act to file a complaint..

    So, disgruntled Trump/America hating coup plotters simply changed the policy to allow third person and hearsay (IE bullshit) to be acceptable..

    Anyone who can't see the obvious signs of conspiracy is simply denying reality..

  52. [52] 
    Michale wrote:

    On Monday, the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) admitted that it did alter its forms and policies governing whistleblower complaints, and that it did so in response to the anti-Trump complaint filed on Aug. 12, 2019. The Federalist first reported the sudden changes last Friday. While many in the media falsely claimed the ICIG’s stunning admission debunked The Federalist’s report, the admission from the ICIG completely affirmed the reporting on the secretive change to whistleblower rules following the filing of an anti-Trump complaint in August.

    The ICIG also disclosed for the first time that the anti-Trump complainant filed his complaint using the previously authorized form, the guidance for which explicitly stated the ICIG’s previous requirement for firsthand evidence for credible complaints. The Federalist reported last week that it was not known which form, if any, the complainant used, as the complaint that was declassified and released to the public last week was written as a letter to the two chairmen of the congressional intelligence committees.

    As I have said, this ain't no "whistle blower".. He's nothing more than a Trump/America hating scumbag..

  53. [53] 
    Michale wrote:

    And the plot, as they say.... thickens..

    Oops. Forgot the link... My bust..

    https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/01/intel-community-admission-of-whistleblower-changes-raises-explosive-new-questions/

    Wouldn't want Blathy to get all in a tizzy and vapor lock..

  54. [54] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    "Uh ... which part?"

    The Liz Miller part.

  55. [55] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ahhh.. She's a sweethart.. :D

    She means well, but she doesn't go to the source of the problem.. I can't blame her.. They really rough her up when she tries to stand up to them..

    She is probably concerned that they will try and DOX her too and extort her into silence...

    Who can blame her..

    But she is a respected elder, 1 of only 3 left, so her place in Valhalla is assured.. :D

  56. [56] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    CRS, you have the quote wrong. So, until the quote is right and understood, it shouldn't be used.

  57. [57] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I saw Endgame and I thought, slightly less than half-way through it, that what happens to really good series on TV or franchised on the big screen has happened, sadly to this franchise, as far as I am concerned, anyway.

    In other words, it just got too stupid.

    Maybe this was just a one off, we'll see.

    I might add that the one franchise that has not seen this happen to it in the more than fifty years of its existence is Bond. The secret? I think it aligns perfectly with the times and it is handled with tender loving care. And, it doesn't get stupid.

  58. [58] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I hope you can figure out all those commas - right and wrong! :)

  59. [59] 
    Michale wrote:

    Maybe this was just a one off, we'll see.

    You have to catch the final of this phase of Marvel...

    Spiderman FAR FROM HOME

    The concept is way WAY out there.. But it's still entertainment..

    Did you recall the part I said you would think of me when ya saw it?? :D

    I might add that the one franchise that has not seen this happen to it in the more than fifty years of its existence is Bond. The secret? I think it aligns perfectly with the times and it is handled with tender loving care. And, it doesn't get stupid.

    I have disagree..

    Yes, Bond has kept with and reflected the times we live in..

    Unfortunately, the times we live in do not lend credibility to the entire 007 concept..

    It would be like trying to update SONG OF THE SOUTH or GONE WITH THE WIND to be current and reflective of the times we live in..

    It just doesn't work..

  60. [60] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    It appears that with the only wind related comments I am the only one sticking to the issue CW outlined in the header at the top of the comments. :D

  61. [61] 
    Michale wrote:

    Sanders has heart stent surgery after chest discomfort
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/02/sanders-has-heart-stent-surgery-after-chest-discomfort-000164

    And then there were 19... :D

  62. [62] 
    Michale wrote:

    It appears that with the only wind related comments I am the only one sticking to the issue CW outlined in the header at the top of the comments. :D

    Stranger things have happened :D

  63. [63] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Didn't see the Gone with the Wind reference until after I posted.

  64. [64] 
    Michale wrote:

    House will subpoena White House for Ukraine documents
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/02/house-will-subpoena-white-house-ukraine-documents-in-trump-impeachment.html

    White House will tell House to go frak itself and take their subpoenas and shove them up the House's ass...

    No co-operation with this illegitimate faux impeachment until the so-called "whistle blower" the "whistle blower-ettes" are deposed...

    Why won't Dumbocrats produce the "whistle blower".. What are Democrats afraid of??

  65. [65] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    It works for me.

  66. [66] 
    Paula wrote:

    Bernie Sanders hospitalized - he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted.

    He has cancelled all appearances til further notice and, reportedly, has cancelled ad spending in Iowa.

    He's doing well but his campaign is now in limbo.

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bernie-sanders-78-canceled-events-notice-hospitalized/story?id=66003850

  67. [67] 
    Michale wrote:

    Bernie Sanders hospitalized - he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted.

    He has cancelled all appearances til further notice and, reportedly, has cancelled ad spending in Iowa.

    Gotta admire Paula..

    She is always second.. :D

  68. [68] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    … or third or fourth … :)

  69. [69] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    or, maybe I'm mistaken and this isn't a political blog but rather a kind of 'ticker-tape newsroom'??

  70. [70] 
    Michale wrote:

    or, maybe I'm mistaken and this isn't a political blog but rather a kind of 'ticker-tape newsroom'??

    Could be.. But it's a dual ticker-tape newsroom..

    One tape for delusional fantasy..

    And the second tape for facts and reality.. :D

    That would explain a lot.. :D

  71. [71] 
    Michale wrote:

    The good news is that these efforts are going to fail. I won't say that Donald Trump will necessarily prevail at the ballot box, but he was elected as an antidote to the toxic statism of the opposing party and that is clearly still their modus operandi, so I like his chances.

    To secure the impeachment of the President, Democrats have a few hurdles, some of them higher than others. Proximately, they need to introduce articles of impeachment that their caucus can defend to their constituents as reaching the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors." It isn't and shouldn't be good enough to say "well, if Donald Trump shoots a man in the head, we can impeach him; so let's pretend he shot a guy" - they should have to show the archetypal "reasonable voter" that there's good evidence to substantiate impeachment, effectively to indict the President.

    Alongside that, they need to win the PR battle. A lot of details are going to emerge in coming months that support Trump's "witch hunt" narrative; if this impeachment push becomes framed as more of the same, it loses politically. If Democrats seem hellbent on pursuing the white whale Trump instead of governing, they lose. These are difficult challenges to weather.

    And of course, ultimately, the whole thing goes nowhere unless the Senate impeaches. That will require 67 votes, including Democrats like Joe Manchin and at least 20 Republicans. After Lisa Murkowski and Mitt Romney, I just don't see where those 20 might be.
    -Dr Strange

    I like the scenario where the Senate takes the Articles Of Impeachment and, after "careful" consideration (a couple mins) dismisses the articles with prejudice.. :D

    Seeing the Democrats' collective jaws drop to the floor is a pleasing mental picture.. :D

  72. [72] 
    Michale wrote:

    … or third or fourth … :)

    I was trying to be nice, given Paula's mental condition and all. :D

  73. [73] 
    Paula wrote:

    Morning Consult poll:

    2 weeks ago: 36% for beginning impeachment proceedings, 49% against.

    Last week: 43% for, 43% against.

    Now: 46% for, 43% against.

    That's a move of 16 net points in two weeks to begin impeachment proceedings, and independents are now in favor 43-39.

    24% say there's nothing Blotus could do to make them support impeachment - these are the cultists, the deplorables, nazis, klansmen, white supremacists, domestic terrorists, christianists, fools.

  74. [74] 
    Michale wrote:

    24% say there's nothing Blotus could do to make them support impeachment - these are the cultists, the deplorables, nazis, klansmen, white supremacists, domestic terrorists, christianists, fools.

    Which totally invalidates your poll.

    The REAL ACTUAL poll shows that the majority of Independents and NPAs are against this faux impeachment..

    And THOSE are the *ONLY* votes that matter in the 2020 election..

    As has been stated and not been factually refuted.

    Virtually guaranteed, the *ONLY* way this ends is with President Trump remaining in office..

  75. [75] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Okay, so here's the deal … President Trump had better be planning to say at his presser today that he has decided NOT to impose any further tariffs on products entering the US from China in a good faith effort to jump start US/China trade talks.

    And, FAST!

  76. [76] 
    Michale wrote:

    Okay, so here's the deal … President Trump had better be planning to say at his presser today that he has decided NOT to impose any further tariffs on products entering the US from China in a good faith effort to jump start US/China trade talks.

    "China" and "good faith" don't belong in the same sentence...

    If tariffs are what it takes to make China actually be a good-faith partner, the I say pile on the tariff's. They have done a great job so far.

    Anything is better than the bullshit that happened under Obama and Bush.. Appeasing China and let it get away with the rape of our trade laws surely wasn't accomplishing the goal.

    I have no doubt that PATRIOTIC Americans don't mind a little short-term belt tightening for long-term fair play from China.. :D

    Where the hell IS Neil anyways!!???

  77. [77] 
    Michale wrote:

    You would think Nancy Pelosi would only begin impeachment proceedings she could see coming to an end; it looks, though, as though her political hopes here are pinned on making the Senate trial seem to the public like a whitewash after the House inquiry has made the indictment of the President seem legitimate.

    I'm just not sure that the Democratic media has the credibility to make this sale now. And there are already a lot of awkward facts about how this came about - I do think the ICIG is going to have to address questions about whether this whistleblower in fact meets the statutory definition under ICWPA to warrant the protections his lawyers are requesting, and I do think there are legitimate questions about whether that whistleblower first contacted certain representatives in Congress and the media beforehand to "prime the pump." Particularly if forthcoming investigations uncover an elaborate plan to manufacture the Russia-collusion narrative in advance as a partisan false-flag operation, it will be hard to refute the contention that this is another iteration of the same wrongdoing by new actors. We could have the bizarre spectacle of yet another Special Prosecutor investigating an impeachment proceeding while it is in progress; what other constitutional remedy exists when Congress abuses this power?
    -Dr Strange

  78. [78] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Maybe they care more about their 401K's and a comfortable retirement ...

  79. [79] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Mike, you and your fellow Republicants are missing the point: Trump has already impeached himself.

    The transcript of the phone call shows it, and Trump's plea that the call was "perfect" only serves to show just how much smoke he can blow up our asses.

    We now don't need the whistleblower at all, save as a footnote.

    Strangely, Trump himself thought that releasing the transcript would clear him, or at least muddy the waters a bit. Not at all. There he is, clear as day, requesting dirt from Ukraine.

    I personally think that Trump wanted this fight. He released the transcript hoping that the Democrats would impeach him, so that he could fight. 'Cause that's what Trump does: fight until there's blood on the floor.

  80. [80] 
    Michale wrote:

    Mike, you and your fellow Republicants are missing the point: Trump has already impeached himself.

    Yea.. You keep saying that.. But you have NO FACTS to support your claim..

    The transcript of the phone call shows it,

    No, it does not.. Not even CLOSE..

    At it shows is President Trump obeying the stipulations of the US/UKRAINE treaty..

    You have NO FACTS to support your claim...

    Give me a relevant actual fact that supports impeachment and I'll sign off for the rest of the day..

    But you can't do that. Because there are no facts..

  81. [81] 
    Paula wrote:

    [79] Balthasar:

    I personally think that Trump wanted this fight. He released the transcript hoping that the Democrats would impeach him, so that he could fight. 'Cause that's what Trump does: fight until there's blood on the floor.

    Maybe. I think Blotus thought Dems would never go through with it - apparently so did a lot of the GOP leadership. It was a rude awakening when they di and Blotus is not acting AT ALL as though he's enjoying this fight. He just melted down on TV again.

  82. [82] 
    Paula wrote:

    did

  83. [83] 
    Michale wrote:

    We now don't need the whistleblower at all, save as a footnote.

    Whatever you have to tell yourself to make it thru the day..

    But I understand why you are back-pedaling.. You know, as I know, the "whistle blower" doesn't exist.

    Strangely, Trump himself thought that releasing the transcript would clear him, or at least muddy the waters a bit. Not at all. There he is, clear as day, requesting dirt from Ukraine.

    Even if that were true, so?? It's not illegal to do so... Hillary did it with Ukraine in 2016...

    You don't care about that.. Ergo, you just hate Trump and America..

    I personally think that Trump wanted this fight.

    Of course he did!! So did I!! YOU were the one who was against it.. Til Pelosi gave you your orders, then you were all for it..

    Basically President Trump has maneuvered the Democrat Party into doing EXACTLY what President Trump wants..

    As CW hisself said.. It's all but guaranteed that President Trump will remain in office..

    . 'Cause that's what Trump does: fight until there's blood on the floor.

    Democrats wanted this fight even before Trump took office..

    Don't try and play the innocent victim... You don't have the facts or reality to back it up..

  84. [84] 
    Michale wrote:

    Maybe. I think Blotus thought Dems would never go through with it

    And Dems haven't..

    So far there is no impeachment..

    Democrats must have a floor vote for this to be an actual impeachment.

    My bet is Democrats won't do this because they KNOW they will lose..

  85. [85] 
    Michale wrote:

    Warren passes Biden to lead 2020 Democrats by 4 points in weekly national poll
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/463997-warren-passes-biden-to-lead-field-by-4-points-nationally-poll

    Once again.. Joe Biden's campaign is flailing..

    And he can thank the Democrat Party for that...

  86. [86] 
    Michale wrote:

    Funny how NO ONE here can give me a SINGLE SOLITARY FACT that supports impeachment.

    Hell, even when I promise them a Michale Free day.. They STILL can't come up with a SINGLE RELEVANT FACT!!

    It's HILARIOUS!! :D

  87. [87] 
    Michale wrote:

    @Blathy

    Still waiting for you to give me a SINGLE FACT to support impeachment..

    Just for the record...

    Obeying the stipulations of the Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters, signed by PRESIDENT CLINTON is NOT grounds for impeachment.

    Anyone who believes otherwise is a dipshit and a moron..

  88. [88] 
    Michale wrote:

    And the FACTS are:

    {{{{cccchhhhhiiiirrrrrpppppp}}} {{cccccchhhhiiiirrrppppp}}

    Yep.. That's what I thought...

  89. [89] 
    Michale wrote:

    SAN FECES'CISCO blinks and the NRA scores a win!!! :D

    NRA declares victory in legal battle against San Francisco
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/nra-declares-victory-in-legal-battle-against-san-francisco

    Once again, Democrats are losing six ways from Sunday!! :D

  90. [90] 
    Michale wrote:

    Blathy??

    You run away again??

    Still waiting on those FACTS you claim to have..

    Don't go away mad... :D

  91. [91] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Obeying the stipulations of the Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters, signed by PRESIDENT CLINTON is NOT grounds for impeachment.

    "Criminal matters", not matters that were done with and long ago closed, and not matters that affect an upcoming election. Particularly matters that involve a particular opponent.

    You keep circling the fact, but the key word here is "Biden". Trump's been trying to get dirt on Biden for a long time. And of course, the 'Crowdstrike' thing is just ridiculous.

    Trump doesn't just want a national mess, he wants a global mess. The better for Putin to maneuver.

  92. [92] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Paula,

    "Melting down" is Trump's way of getting involved. It doesn't mean he's gonna win or anything, just that he's "all in". I'd love to think that he's obsessed with this, to the exclusion of all else, but unfortunately the fact is, that he could start a war right in the middle of all this.

  93. [93] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    And I'm doing things during the day. Don't worry, no matter how long I take to respond, I haven't gone away.

  94. [94] 
    Michale wrote:

    "Criminal matters", not matters that were done with and long ago closed, and not matters that affect an upcoming election

    Oh.. So NOW yer story is that the Russia Collusion delusion is over and done with..

    Yunno, that's really funny because just a few days ago, you were saying that Russia Collusion is still open..

    Do you see how utterly ridiculous the path of your Trump/America hate has forced you to follow??

    You keep circling the fact, but the key word here is "Biden". Trump's been trying to get dirt on Biden for a long time.

    Even if it were true, so??

    It's not illegal for the President to ask ANY Leader about info on ANY American..

    That's the FACT that you simply don't get..

    Trump doesn't just want a national mess, he wants a global mess. The better for Putin to maneuver.

    Funny you should mention Putin..

    You realize that it's DEMOCRATS who are doing EXACTLY what Putin wants, eh??

    Weakening this country and causing internal strife and division..

    Ya'all Democrats are Putin's bitch..

    And you LOVE it..

    The simple fact is, you don't have a SINGLE SOLITARY RELEVANT FACT to support impeachment..

    You know it..

    I know it..

    Everyone here knows it..

  95. [95] 
    Michale wrote:

    Go ahead and prove me wrong..

    You can be the hero of Weigantia who vanquishes the Alpha Dog for 24 hours..

    Give me a FACT that is:

    A-Relevant
    B-Actually a FACT
    C-Supports impeachment as the Constitution lays it out..

    You can't..

    Because your moronic and utterly stoopid Democrats don't have a SINGLE FACT..

    Hell, you people are too scared shitless to produce the so-called "whistle blower...

    Funny how that is, eh? :D

  96. [96] 
    Michale wrote:

    Well, well, well...

    What have we here!!

    We NOW come to find out that Schiff-head and his committee had advance knowledge of the "whistle blowers" complaint..

    It's looking more and more like the Democrat Trump/America haters coached and assisted the "whistle blower" with his complaint!!

    BBBBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    It's all falling apart for the Dumbocrats!!! :D

  97. [97] 
    Michale wrote:

    I give it 4 weeks tops..

    And this faux impeachment coup will go the way of the Mueller failed coup..

  98. [98] 
    Michale wrote:

    I see a fork in the road for Weigantia..

    Weigantia can continue with the delusion and fan the flames of hysteria and complete and utter partisan bullshit without ANY regards to reality..

    OR

    Weigantia can come back to reality. Acknowledge the VERY REAL problems with this process the Democrats have undertaken...

    The Weigantia of a decade ago would not have HESITATED to acknowledge the facts and the reality... The downside and the pitfalls..

    Today's Weigantia seems intent, HELL BENT, on maintaining the delusion that, some how... some way, this will all work out good for the Democrat Party..

    Time will tell which path Weigantia follows..

  99. [99] 
    Paula wrote:

    So crybaby Blotus has a second presser in which he babbles, throws out accusations, threatens lawsuits against anyone involved in the Mueller Report and otherwise continues his public meltdown. We are seeing this happening in real time - the US Potus is entering the bunker stage of the reality show.

  100. [100] 
    Michale wrote:

    So crybaby Blotus has a second presser in which he babbles, throws out accusations, threatens lawsuits against anyone involved in the Mueller Report and otherwise continues his public meltdown. We are seeing this happening in real time - the US Potus is entering the bunker stage of the reality show.

    Isn't it amazing..

    Our own Paula is outlining EXACTLY how the Democrats are feeling right now, but blaming it on President Trump..

    I mean, let's analyze it..

    Blotus has a second presser in which he babbles,

    Democrats have been BABBLING for a week!

    throws out accusations,

    Democrats have been tossing out accusations all week.. ALL without a SINGLE FACT to support it..

    threatens lawsuits against anyone involved in the Mueller Report

    Democrats are not only threatening lawsuits, they are PURSUING them... Running scared...

    and otherwise continues his public meltdown.

    Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together and NOT a Party slave see the Democrats meltdown live and in color.. Hell, even SCHIFF-HEAD admitted he had a hand in the so-called "whistle blowers" bullshit claims..

    Yep.. Democrats are running scared..

    This whole coup is falling down around them..

    I am gonna have some nice gloating for the next month or so!! :D

  101. [101] 
    Michale wrote:

    And another day passes and Democrats are STILL afraid to bring forth their so-called "whistle blower"...

    NOW we come to find out, there is a REASON why Democrats won't bring forth the liar..

    We come to find out that the "whistle blower" is actually a DEMOCRAT PLANT who co-ordinated the release of his so called "whistle blowing" with Schiff-head...

    And, all of the sudden, the faux impeachment is exposed as a COUP....

    Who could have POSSIBLE predicted this!??

    Oh.. Wait.. :D

  102. [102] 
    Michale wrote:

    Well, ya'all are in for a treat.. tonight is my appt to get injections in my eyes to stave off blindness for another month. So ya'all have tonight Michale free. :) And I often take a day or so to recover my sight, so ya'all might have tomorrow too. :) see ya. :)

  103. [103] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Take a few days off, if you know what I mean. :)

  104. [104] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Take a week off, I'd do you good.

  105. [105] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    It'd do you good.

  106. [106] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Balthy,

    And of course, the 'Crowdstrike' thing is just ridiculous.

    I gotta disagree. While it may seem like just another case of Trump’s narcissism gone wild, the ’Crowdstrike’ thing is actually further proof of Trump acting on Putin’s behalf! Trump, Barr, and Pompeo all are on a quest to dismiss our intelligence agencies’ conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 election. While this would help Trump’s ego, the biggest winner would be Russia, by far!

    Part of the reason Russia helped Trump was in the hope that he’d get sanctions against Russia dropped — we know this from the witnesses of meetings between members of Trumps campaign and the Russians as well as their phone records. But instead of helping them, their part in getting him elected resulted in more sanctions against them.

    If Trump was able to “find” evidence that would show Russia was not involved in interfering with the 2016 elections, It would counter the intelligence agencies’ findings and the sanctions would no longer be warranted.

    Granted, the intelligence agencies have plenty of evidence showing the Russians interference, but Trump just needs something he can use to spin his lies that Russia was not the villain, someone helping the Democrats was.

  107. [107] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Balthy,

    I would also point out that it was Trump’s discussing the details concerning the ‘Crowdstrike’ thing that was omitted from the ‘rough transcript’. I hate how reporters read the quote of Trump’s verbiage to the Ukraine President and get to the ellipsis and just continue reading, as if Trump had simply paused there! They fail to point out that there was more stated by Trump that was left out by the White House...which is why they only released a ‘rough’ copy and not the full official transcript.

    It is what they chose to keep hidden that we truly need to see.

  108. [108] 
    Kick wrote:

    Mike
    55

    She is probably concerned that they will try and DOX her too and extort her into silence...

    You mean like YOU DID to "neilm" recently and a myriad of times over the course of over a decade to yourself, your wife, your children and their children? Oh, okay, Mike!

    Which reminds me: I invented a new game for Weigantia. I dumbed it down so that even Mike himself could understand the game. Allow me to demonstrate:

    Mike!(TM) is a card game where each poster in Weigantia takes a turn selecting a playing card containing a question and then has 5 seconds to either answer the question or they forfeit their posting privileges for the remainder of the week.

    The good news is: ---> The answers are easy.
    The bad news is: ----> The answers are easy.

    Sample questions:

    * On the occasion of a family wedding, who posted oodles of personal information on this archived forum? Mike!

    * To highlight his "expertise" regarding his idiotic beliefs, who posted on this archived forum regarding his plethora of gay friends and his bisexual spouse? Mike!

    * Even after whining about someone else doxing him, who posted his personal email address on this archived forum? Mike!

    * On the occasion of a family wedding, who posted scads of personal information regarding his children on this archived forum?

    * On the date of the occasion of the birth of a grandchild, who posted the full name of said grandchild on this archived forum? Mike!

    * Recently when he was hysterical because a poster invented yet another troll blocking device to filter out his forum littering troll stench, who was it that doxed "nailm"? Mike!

    * Who is hands down the most prolific doxer on this archived forum? Mike!

    * Who doxed Mike? Mike!

    * Who doxed Mike's wife? Mike!

    * Who doxed Mike's children and their children? Mike!

    * Who prattles on and on like a whiny little bitch that somebody doxed him? Mike!

    But, hey... don't let those easy questions fool you, there are some much more difficult cards contained in the playing deck:

    * On December 24, 2008, who posted his own and his wife's name on this archived forum over a decade ago?

    * On November 4, 2016, who posted his wife's full name yet again on this archived forum?

    Well, I did say there were harder questions; that didn't mean the answers were more difficult. :)

    And many, many and a multitude of other personal details replete with names and dates provided by no one other than: Mike!(TM)

  109. [109] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    NEWS FLASH … NEW COLUMN IS UP

  110. [110] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    [108]

    Kick, you really must cease and desist with the personal attacks and asinine 'card games'.

    This is most decidedly NOT the place for that sort of nonsense.

  111. [111] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    If civil discourse is not possible with regard to any comment having to do with Michale, then it is best to ignore said comments and interact with others.

  112. [112] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    108

    Kick, you really must cease and desist with the personal attacks and asinine 'card games'.

    Two words.

    This is most decidedly NOT the place for that sort of nonsense.

    See prior answer.

    Also: The repeated nonsense and incessant whiny little bitchiness blaming others for what Mike! in his "infinite wisdom" had accomplished repeatedly on this archived forum ad nauseam and with no help from anyone else and long before other posters had ever submitted a single comment until over a decade later will be met with similar outcomes.

    In the future, may I suggest you take the very good advice of Elizabeth Miller and ignore what you don't want to read here by people you don't like without always making a big issue out of it. According to Elizabeth Miller, if you cannot do that, then you are part of the problem (general disrespect) that plagues this site. Now you're probably thinking to yourself: "Well, who does she think she is to tell anyone else what to do?

  113. [113] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    111

    If civil discourse is not possible with regard to any comment having to do with Michale, then it is best to ignore said comments and interact with others.

    So your solution is appeasement of "Michale" while admonishing others!?

    I will not presume to speak for everyone else on the forum, but kindly add the undersigned poster's name to your list of "Those Who Must Be Appeased."

    Thanking you in advance.

    ~ Kick

  114. [114] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    106

    Nailed it! :)

  115. [115] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    107

    It is what they chose to keep hidden that we truly need to see.

    Correct... and not just the summary/partial transcript of that telephone call to Zelensky either. Remember -- I would wager you do -- the myriad of other things that AG Barr has taken great pains to conceal from Congress.

    It's always been about easing the sanctions on Russia. In fact, everything makes sense when viewed from the lens of: Benedict Donald is acting in the interests of Russia.

  116. [116] 
    Michale wrote:

    Your efforts are truly appreciated, Liz..

    These are haters.. They will spew their hatred because they cannot help themselves..

    I do my best to simply ignore them..

    And that seems to be the problem. They are like recalcitrant children.. The act out and when you ignore them they simply get worse and worse until they do something that simply CAN'T be ignored..

    Many of these children grow up and are the same way. In extreme cases, they fall victim to suicide because they can't get the attention they crave..

    Oh sure, we have our break throughs.. Sometimes they become so abhorred by the actions they take a step back, see what is happening and say "This is ridiculous" and make peace.. We saw that recently..

    But there are those who are so ensnared with their hate, they can't escape from it..

    I honestly don't believe the solution is within our grasp.. We are like a small self-contained society here. And every society has it's trouble makers along with the good people of the group and those who don't want to get involved..

    Unfortunately, for our little society, the trouble makers and those who choose not to get involved far outnumber the good of the ground..

    So, it appears that the solution will have to be an imposed solution...

    OTOH, we might get lucky. The trouble makers might get bored and leave.. They might have a horrendous accident that knocks some sense into them and become a totally different person.. In the extreme case, they might actually get disgusted with their own hate and make peace..

    It could happen. :D

    Meanwhile, we just press on.. :D

  117. [117] 
    Kick wrote:

    I do my best to simply ignore them..

    Narrator: Fact check: False. You troll harder and bombard the board with conspiracy theory bullshit ad nauseam replete with insults hurled endlessly toward posters individually and collectively as a group.

    And that seems to be the problem. They are like recalcitrant children.. The act out and when you ignore them they simply get worse and worse until they do something that simply CAN'T be ignored..

    Narrator: Fact check: True. This was demonstrated recently and thereafter recently memorialized on a Mike!(TM) game card:

    *Mike!(TM)***Mike!(TM)***Mike!(TM)***Mike!(TM)*

    In early August 2019, who became unhinged and started spewing asinine conspiracy theories and then doxxed "neilm" for his awesome gift to this forum of yet another very helpful tool to erase the spamming of the board troll in the same manner as Charles Brown Esquire's legendary and award winning TamperMonkey(TM) script that was designed for the same purpose?

    *Mike!(TM)***Mike!(TM)***Mike!(TM)***Mike!(TM)*

    Many of these children grow up and are the same way. In extreme cases, they fall victim to suicide because they can't get the attention they crave..

    Narrator: On the other hand, some of them become forum trolls who bombard all the other posters to the point where multiple scripts and links are created for the group that are specifically designed to filter and/or expunge completely the ever-increasing trolling in search of attention.

    I'm not going to be ignored, Dan! ~ Glenn Close, Fatal Attraction

  118. [118] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Michale, be strong!

Leave a Reply

[If you have questions as to how to register or log in, to be able to post comments here, or if you'd like advanced commenting and formatting tips, please visit our "Commenting Tips" page, for further details.]

You must be logged in to post a comment.
If you are a new user, please register so you can post comments here.

[The first time you post a comment (after creating your user name and logging in), it will be held for approval. Please be patient (as it may take awhile). After your first comment has been approved, you will be able to post further comments instantly and automatically.]