ChrisWeigant.com

Spinning A Conspiracy Theory Of My Own

[ Posted Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 – 16:50 UTC ]

Donald Trump finally had to admit today that his tariffs are actually paid by American consumers and not China (as he's been saying all along). This is a fairly basic economic concept, but Trump has deluded himself up to this point that up is down and black is white. Finally, cracks are showing in this facade. The Trump administration announced (after a disastrous day on the stock market) that they would be holding off on inflicting another round of tariffs in September, and instead would wait until the middle of December to add this new tax to thousands of products made in China. This way, American consumers won't get hit by the Trump tax when they do all their Christmas shopping. But if Trump's version of reality were correct -- that China was paying all the tariffs -- then Christmas wouldn't even matter and there would be no reason to delay the new tariff. Trump even reluctantly had to admit this out loud to a reporter (although he included caveats like: "just in case some of the tariffs would have an impact on U.S. consumers").

The delay of the new Trump tax won't be across the board, however. A new 10 percent tax will indeed be slapped on roughly half of the products Trump had threatened, on schedule, beginning next month. The Trump administration tried to cherry-pick those items that would be high on consumers' Christmas shopping lists when they selected which would be allowed to avoid the new Trump tax. This was smart politically, because otherwise Trump was setting himself up to be the Grinch who raised prices on everything, right before the holiday shopping season began. But even with this cherry-picking, consumer prices will indeed rise on some items.

All of this is likely not going to change China's position in the trade talks one bit. China, unlike the U.S., takes a very long view of their economic future, and the consensus now is that they are merely going to outwait Trump in the hopes of having a more sane president to deal with in less than two years. There's nothing Trump can do about that, other than win re-election.

It wasn't noticed as much, but China also struck back at Trump last week in a much bigger way. After the last unproductive round of trade talks (when Trump also punted on instituting further tariffs), Trump announced that China had made a concession and was about to make massive purchases of American agricultural products. China immediately refuted this notion, meaning Trump likely just made it up out of whole cloth. But last week, China announced it wouldn't be buying any U.S. farm products at all -- never mind Trump's imagined increase in purchases.

This week, Sonny Perdue, the secretary of the Department of Agriculture, mocked American farmers to their faces. Because there's nothing like rubbing a little salt in the wounds of one of the most-supportive voting blocks Trump has, right? Perdue told what he thought was an awfully funny joke, while speaking to a farmers' group: "What do you call two farmers in a basement? A whine cellar." The audience was decidedly not amused, and boos could be heard.

Farmers are bearing the worst brunt of Trump's eclectic trade war. They've been hurt so drastically that Trump has had to bail them out two years in a row with what some are now calling "farmers' welfare." No other group affected by Trump's bad trade decisions has gotten mountains of taxpayer money, but even this effort has fallen short. Farm income is way down (it dropped 16 percent last year) and farm bankruptcies are way up. And Trump's farm secretary just told them all to shut up, stop all this whining, and take one for the team. If he served any president except the current one, Perdue would already have been fired by now. But with Trump, who knows? He might have found the joke funny, which is all it would take for Perdue to continue mocking farmers instead of listening to their concerns.

This fall will be the third harvest season in a row to be affected by Trump's trade war. If China is serious about outwaiting Trump, then they can look forward to a fourth year in a row next year, as well. This is why farm bankruptcies are soaring -- a trend that can be expected to continue throughout 2020. Farms are no different than any other business -- suffering a bad year or two might be possible to absorb, but suffering three or four bad years in a row is impossible.

Will this change their politics? It's doubtful, but it might at least dampen voter enthusiasm for Trump in rural America. Up until now, most farmers have been willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. Trump's fighting hard to improve trade with China, they believe, and therefore they can take a little short-term pain to improve things on a long-term basis. But when that short term appears to have no end, this patience is going to wear thinner and thinner.

Democrats have been slow to capitalize politically on the growing dissatisfaction among farmers. The Democratic presidential candidates are not exactly speaking with one voice on trade -- they all denounce Trump, but few have solid answers as to what should be done differently. And very few of them are taking much time or energy to talk directly to American farmers in an effort to get their vote. This is a mistake.

But since it is now the official August "silly season" in American politics, I had a much different thought when considering China, Trump's trade war, and what Democrats could do about it all. Democrats could use the situation with China to make some other political progress. Since Trump has now officially given the green light to spreading conspiracy theories, I thought I'd promote a new one of my own. Democrats should immediately start a rumor that China is planning on intervening in the 2020 election on behalf of Democrats. It's plausible, since if China really is trying to outwait Trump, then it would be in their best interests to have a Democrat win the election. So if Democrats started hyping the threat of Chinese election interference, it would completely change the dynamic of the debate, and it might just force Mitch McConnell to move on all the election security bills he's been obstructing.

Up until now, the Republicans see Russian election interference as a net positive for them. This is why McConnell is mocked on Twitter with the hashtag #MoscowMitch, after all. But if this playing field were a bit more level -- if the threat of election interference cut both ways, in other words -- then Republicans might have some serious second thoughts and start pressuring McConnell to act.

Hey, it's worth a try. Trump's trade war is obviously not working out the way he had planned. It's hurting farmers, it's hurting consumers, and so far it hasn't forced China into making any concessions at all (except the ones that only live in Trump's head). China isn't some small-time country that can be pushed around by the U.S., after all. And Chinese leaders aren't directly held accountable by their people in the same way that American politicians are. So they're content to sit back and see what happens in 2020. Or -- and many people are saying this, a tremendous amount, really, some of the best people are saying this -- maybe China's going to try to stick their thumb on the scale in the 2020 election to help Democrats. After all, if Moscow Mitch and his hapless band of Republicans are content to put out the welcome mat when other countries interfere in our elections, why shouldn't China get in on the action?

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

98 Comments on “Spinning A Conspiracy Theory Of My Own”

  1. [1] 
    nospam wrote:

    #BeijingBernie hasa nice ring :)

  2. [2] 
    Paula wrote:

    Yep, #MoscowMitch is far more likely to move on foreign election interference if he thinks it might hurt Repubs rather than help them as Russian interference did in 2016. (He certainly won't try to protect elections simply to make them fair & accurate.)

    Start the ball rolling!

  3. [3] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    Preaching to choir again, CW? With the exception of the odd(ity) person, we all knew Trump was going to do to America what he did to Trump Inc. It was wasn't a leap of faith that trump was going to fix something that wasn't in need of any fixing, it was a leap off a cliff. Of course Trump was going fuck it all up, it was his destiny to mismanage the affairs of America. It was Trump's hubris that insisted he could make a good thing better by making stupid business decisions. I can't fathom the mindset that believed a drongo, such as Trump, could handle the economy of a nation. There's no excuse for that level of stupidity, other than the usual GOP racism that so bent out of shape the noses of white America, they figured that even a failed Ophidian Ointment salesman could build on the successes of Obama and usurp his legacy.

    But I digress.

    China has Trump's balls in a sling, he's only now realising it. China has no reason to budge, they hold the Lion's share Of America's debt, and can call it in on a whim. China isn't to be coerced, bullied or out-maneuvered by a simpleton like Trump.... And therein lies the worst case scenario, Trump is probably going cave spectacularly, then pull out his flute and sell the whole catastrophe to his Hanovian flock as a win.
    And we all know those cretins will believe every word he says, because they will never admit that their chosen redeemer is giving it to them up the backside, dry.

    LL&P

  4. [4] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    yeah, and i've also heard the chinese are fond of pie, and are trying to take over the US pie industry. protect pie!

  5. [5] 
    John M from Ct. wrote:

    Great idea. It will be tricky for the Dems to quietly spread a rumor about Chinese interference on their behalf while taking the public position that they are horrified by the prospect of yet another antagonistic power interfering in the US election. On the other hand, it's such an obvious ploy that they could just have fun with it, the same way Trump did with the rumors of Russian interference in 2016.
    But do the Dems do 'turnabout is fair play' very well? My impression is they're torn between being as sleazy and two-faced as the GOP, in the interest of winning a dirty fight, and running on being the only honest and civic party left for Americans to put their trust in.

  6. [6] 
    Michale wrote:

    It's funny how Farmers are now the Democrat Party's best friend now..

    Just like Russia was the Democrat Party's best friend during the Obama years..

    What a difference the -D/-R makes, eh?? :D

    Yea, it's a bummer that the farmers are getting hurt..

    But Odumbo and the Dumbocrats have frak'ed things up so bad, there are going to be growing pains on the way to fixing all the scroo'ed up things..

    Such is life..

    As an aside, yea.. Perdue should stick to chickens and leave the comedy to the professionals..

  7. [7] 
    Michale wrote:

    China isn't some small-time country that can be pushed around by the U.S., after all.

    Yea??

    China needs the US a LOT more than the US needs China...

  8. [8] 
    Michale wrote:

    @Balthasar,

    From the previous commentary..

    I asked you to give me facts that proves President Trump is racist..

    You gave me a few bullshit claims that I have already refuted..

    Now, it's your turn..

    Here are FACTS that prove President Trump is NOT a racist...

    President Trump's policies has made unemployment for black Americans at it's LOWEST point EVER...

    LOWEST... POINT.... EVER.....

    His policies also has hispanic unemployment down to it's LOWEST point EVER..

    LOWEST... POINT.... EVER.....

    If he were racist, would he have done this??? Of course not..

    President Trump went to bat for the black American rapper in Sweden???

    Would he have done this if he were racist??? Of course not..

    President Trump has pushed for and enacted criminal justice policies and law that distinctly help black Americans who are incarcerated???

    Why would he have done this if he were racist??? Of course not..

    Rev Jesse Jackson honored Donald J Trump for his "lifetime of service to black Americans"..

    Would Jesse Jackson bestow such an honor on a man that showed even an INKLING of racism?? Of course not..

    President Trump was honored by the mayor of New York city alongside black luminaries such as Rosa Parks and Mohammed Ali...

    Would the Democrats' Democrat Ed Koch have honored Trump alongside such black dignitaries as Parks and Ali if there was even a HINT of racism??? Of course not..

    In the mid 1980s, Puerto Rico was devastated by Tropical Storm Gert. Donald Trump lent his plane to relief efforts to get aid to those suffering... Trump received NO PUBLICITY at the time..

    Would a racist have done this?? Of course not..

    Dr Alveda King, the niece of Martin Luther King Jr is on record as a rabid Trump supporter... Would she support him with so much gusto if there was even a HINT that he was a racist?? Of course not..

    The facts that PROVE that President Trump is not a racist..

    The claim that President Trump is a racist is SOLELY and COMPLETELY and UNEQUIVOCALLY based on political considerations and has NOTHING to do with facts or reality...

    Class dismissed..

  9. [9] 
    Michale wrote:

    Hay Don..

    Trump campaign's small-dollar donations surge, marking major shift for GOP

    The Republican Party has long been panned by its detractors as the party of big money and big donors -- but donation patterns have changed measurably under President Trump, a Fox News analysis of campaign finance data shows.

    Sixty-one percent of money raised directly by the Trump campaign this election cycle came from small donors (donations under $200), according to Federal Election Commission figures.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/small-dollar-donations-trump-gop

    Looks like President Trump is the candidate that ONE DEMAND wants to get behind, eh? :D

  10. [10] 
    Michale wrote:

    It's funny...

    From the commentary and comments, ya'all seem to be rooting for China against the United States..

    Is your hatred of President Trump so deep and ingrained that you would wish harm on this country just to be able to slap down President Trump??

    Apparently so... :^/

  11. [11] 
    Michale wrote:

    Well, we have ya'all's opinions on the China/US trade issue..

    China Strikes Back—Sort Of

    Beijing is feeling the pain of American tariffs but doesn’t want to lose face.

    China has upped the ante in its trade dispute with the United States. By allowing the yuan to fall on foreign exchange markets, Beijing has shown how far it will go in response to existing U.S. tariffs on Chinese goods, as well as additional ones now threatened by President Trump. (Today, the White House announced that these new tariffs would go forward as expected on September 1 but delayed levies on certain products, including electronics, until December.) But China’s moves, bold and headline-grabbing as they are, also signal weakness: Beijing can no longer play the tit-for-tat tariff game with which it once engaged the Trump White House. And because the devaluation has raised the risk of capital flight from China (and with it, longer-term economic difficulties), the currency move also hints at desperation to find immediate relief from the economic pain that the tariffs are inflicting.
    https://www.city-journal.org/tariiffs-yuan-exchange-rate

    And then we have the FACTS....

    As I said.. China needs the US more than the US needs China..

    It's sad that some people's hatred of President Trump overrides their love of country..

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    Once again... FACTS

    Sovereignty issues matter a great deal to the Chinese. If the Americans were to relent on this point, Beijing would sign a deal quickly. But the White House has good reasons for insisting on changes in the law. American presidents since Bill Clinton have all complained, as does Trump, about Chinese trade practices, and Beijing has continually offered assurances—most recently in the much-touted agreement between Xi Jinping and President Barack Obama—that it always reneges on. Trump’s hard line is a response to this past duplicity. And it is this aspect of the dispute that has made it so difficult for the two countries to come to agreement, despite powerful economic incentives.

    The United States could have an agreement tomorrow if the White House were willing to accept China’s vague promises. But America doesn’t need to give in to the Chinese obstinacy. China’s economic challenges clearly make it eager to find some solution. When Trump showed exasperation earlier this year and announced a second wave of tariffs, Chinese president Xi quickly sent a conciliatory letter. Even now, talks continue. What’s needed is a diplomatic formula that gives the United States better guarantees but that also does not make China appear to be conceding on the sovereignty matter. China might yet succumb to economic pressure and yield to American demands—but the prospect of a deal would brighten considerably if the White House could offer Xi a means of saving face.

    China is the bad-faith partner in this dispute..

    It's strange ya'all would side with China...

    Given the level of Trump hatred and HHPTDS, I guess it's not so surprising.. :^/

  13. [13] 
    Michale wrote:

    So, let me see if I understand this correctly...

    Ya'all slam and attack President Trump because ya'all think he was signaling Putin to hack Hillary's emails during the 2016 campaign...

    I thought I'd promote a new one of my own. Democrats should immediately start a rumor that China is planning on intervening in the 2020 election on behalf of Democrats. It's plausible, since if China really is trying to outwait Trump, then it would be in their best interests to have a Democrat win the election. So if Democrats started hyping the threat of Chinese election interference,

    And now ya'all are turning around and "signaling" China to help Democrats win elections in 2020... :D

    What good does it do to win an election if ya'all have to sell yer souls to do it???

    Don't tie yerselves in knots.. It's a rhetorical question...

  14. [14] 
    Michale wrote:

    Every Democrat in the Senate Supports a Constitutional Amendment That Would Radically Curtail Freedom of Speech

    The Democracy for All Amendment aims to mute some voices so that others can be heard.
    https://reason.com/2019/08/12/every-democrat-in-the-senate-supports-a-constitutional-amendment-that-would-radically-curtail-freedom-of-speech/

    Apparently, Democrats are not all in for free speech as they claim.. :^/

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    One protester specifically threatened GEO Group’s former general counsel John Bulfin, shouting the locations and addresses of where his children live in the United States.

    “We know where all your children live throughout the country … John Bulfin you have kids in [bleeped out], you have kids in [bleeped out],” the protester shouted. “We know everything about you and you won’t just be seeing us here.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/13/exclusive-watch-leftists-threaten-before-shooting-at-ice-facility-we-know-where-all-your-children-live/

    What IS it about Democrats that they love to threaten people's children solely because of political disagreements???

  16. [16] 
    Michale wrote:

    “We know where you sleep at night,” another protester shouted. “We know what kind of dog food you buy your dogs.”

    “We’re not actually joking,” the protester said before shouting the location of where Bulfin lives. “John Bulfin you go to [bleeped out], you go to church on [bleeped out], you live on [bleeped out the] road. We are not joking.”

    The threats came just a day before gunmen allegedly fired shots into local ICE offices and GEO Group offices in San Antonio, Texas in what the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is describing as a “targeted attack.”

    And the condemnation from the Left???

    {{{{ccccchhhhiiiirrrrrppppp}}}{{{cchhiiiiirrrrppppp}}}

    :eyeroll:

  17. [17] 
    Michale wrote:

    "These are politically motivated attacks. We have been a services provider to the federal government for over 30 years. The fact is that the services we provide in our facilities today are in no way different than the high quality, professional services under the same standards that we provided for eight years under President Obama’s administration. So where was the outrage then?"
    -GEO VP Of Operations Pablo Paez

    Exactly?? Where WAS the outrage then??

    No where to be found because Obama had a -D after his name... :eyeroll:

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    END OF WATCH

    Deputy Sheriff Stephanie Schreurs
    Lyon County Sheriff's Office, Iowa
    End of Watch: Tuesday, August 13, 2019

    And remind the few...
    When ill of us they speak...
    That we are all the stands between...
    The monsters and the weak...

    https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/13839e8d10b9303c8d9aee50576e15b15f4844be91d15073a21097a85b780c50.jpg

  19. [19] 
    Michale wrote:

    Portland’s Rose City Antifa, the nation’s oldest active anti-fascist group, said violence against right-wing demonstrators is “exactly what should happen when the far-right attempts to invade our town.”

    Amazing..

    NO ONE on the Left condemns these terrorists...

    Which simply proves what I have said all along..

    Violence and attacks are perfectly acceptable..

    When it's the RIGHT people who are being attacked..

  20. [20] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Michael (8)-
    Same deception as the Dems.

    The article claims that the donations received were under 200 dollars, then claims that each donation is from a small donor.

    It's not the size of the donation that makes a small donor- it's the total of all their donations.

    The article also says Trump is still bringing in the big money contributions and has several PACS besides his campaign.

    Not a One Demand candidate.

    Did you really think this would fool me?

    "He don't know me very well- do he?"
    -Cartoon character who I can't remember who it was that used to say it

  21. [21] 
    Michale wrote:

    "He don't know me very well- do he?"
    -Cartoon character who I can't remember who it was that used to say

    Tweetie Bird...

    The article claims that the donations received were under 200 dollars, then claims that each donation is from a small donor.

    It's not the size of the donation that makes a small donor- it's the total of all their donations.

    Hmmmmmmmmmm

    So, if 10 million people gave 1 dollar, they would not be considered "small donors"??

    I am cornfused...

  22. [22] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    CW-
    Please keep up the crazy idea theme so far this week by finally informing citizens aboot One Demand.

    You might as well cover one that is just crazy enough to work.

    It would be so much better than continuing the nonsense described in this Dylan song lyric parody:

    "Oh mama, could this really be the end?
    To be stuck in an election with just bullshit news again."

  23. [23] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Of course you're confused- you're a Trump supporter. :D

    The total donation of each of those ten million people giving one dollar is one dollar. Small donors.

    If each of those ten million people gave 2000 one dollar contributions then the total donations of each of those people would be 2000 dollars. Not small donors.

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    Of course you're confused- you're a Trump supporter. :D

    Touche' :D

    The total donation of each of those ten million people giving one dollar is one dollar. Small donors.

    If each of those ten million people gave 2000 one dollar contributions then the total donations of each of those people would be 2000 dollars. Not small donors.

    Your assuming that the people who donated 200 dollars to President Trump's campaign donated multiple times.

    There are no facts to support that supposition..

  25. [25] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    CW-
    Michale's comment 8 does provide an opportunity to cover the difference between a small contribution candidate and a small donor candidate without having to use Democrats as examples.

    This should fit in perfectly with the SOP of criticizing Republicans for doing the same thing as Democrats while pretending Democrats are not doing it.

  26. [26] 
    Michale wrote:

    Michale's comment 8 does provide an opportunity to cover the difference between a small contribution candidate and a small donor candidate without having to use Democrats as examples.

    If I may paraphrase Daniel Kaffee in A FEW GOOD MEN...

    "Cutie-pie shit will not win you a place in {CW's} heart, Corporal."

    For my part....

    "One is honored to be of service.."
    -Robin Williams, BICENTENNIAL MAN

    :D

  27. [27] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    No, I am not the one assuming.

    The writer of the article is assuming that each donation came from different people and that none of those people gave more than one donation.

    Or more likely just being purposely deceptive.

    That is the SOP of the small contribution campaign pretending to be a small donor campaign deception.

  28. [28] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    I am not trying to win a place in CW's heart, trying to win CW's heart and appeal to his intellect has proved ineffective.

    I am doing what he advises people do to media and politicians- trying to shame him into finally addressing reality.

  29. [29] 
    Michale wrote:

    The writer of the article is assuming that each donation came from different people and that none of those people gave more than one donation.

    Given the context and the content, it's a reasonable assumption..

    If there are any facts to support that the claim is in error?? By all means, let's air them..

    Until such time, the facts must stand as they are..

  30. [30] 
    Michale wrote:

    Until such time, the facts must stand as they are..

    Not as you wish them to be..

  31. [31] 
    Michale wrote:

    YIELDS FLASH RECESSION WARNING!
    STOCKS DIVE
    BANKS HAMMERED

    http://www.drudgereport.com

    ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

    THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

    Since Odumbo was responsible for all the good in the economy, then Odumbo is also responsible for this...

    Correct??? :D

    Of course not..

    President Trump gets all of the blame and none of the credit..

    So it is with those who suffer from HHPTDS..

  32. [32] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    Given the theme...We all know our favorite 'Unindicted Co-conspirator' will once again earn a pass in the Epstein controversy. Barr, aka Low Bar, has said that all co-conspirators in this case will be brought to justice. So, it follows that 'unindicted co-conspirator' Trump should expect a knock on the 'Too White to Fight' House door, and be led away in irons. He's in numerous pictures with Epstein (unlike Clinton) and admitted.." I like Jeff, he's like me, it is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." So, Trump knew Epstein was a pedo, and did nothing about it...Good Samaritan laws kick in.

    I guess we'll wait until Jan 2021 before this career criminal gets his comeuppance.

    LL&P

  33. [33] 
    Michale wrote:

    He's in numerous pictures with Epstein (unlike Clinton) and admitted.."

    Complete and utter bullshit..

    President Trump kicked Epstein to the curb 20 years ago..

    Clinton was still taking flights on the Lolita Express long after that..

    This is EXACTLY why it's so impossible to take ANYTHING you haters say seriously..

    You make up your own little world without a SINGLE fact to back it up..

  34. [34] 
    Michale wrote:

    So, it follows that 'unindicted co-conspirator' Trump should expect a knock on the 'Too White to Fight' House door, and be led away in irons.

    Funny.. That's just what MORONS said about Russia Collusion...

    How did THAT work out for ya, sunshine?

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    That's what I like about you, 'nuck..

    You ALWAYS double down on stoopid.. :D

  35. [35] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    oh...and the 48 or so million Americans that voted for Trump can expect a few years of jail too, they're guilty of harbouring a known criminal, obstruction of justice and conspiracy to human sex trafficking..

    Turn yerselves in, you will be given leniency for your crimes, just do quickly, there's only so many get out jail free cards.

    LL&P

  36. [36] 
    Paula wrote:

    And here comes the cover story: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/guards-epstein-asleep-cover-up-death

    A couple of guards fell asleep. Epstein had been deemed un-suicidal. He was supposed to have a roommate but that person had been transferred Friday night and not replaced. Epstein just took advantage of the opportunity...

    Yeah. That doesn't smell.

  37. [37] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    'How did THAT work out for ya, sunshine?'

    Really good actually. It was proven that Trump and his circle had 'synergy' with Russia to knobble the 2016 election, collusion isn't a crime, and Trump can't be tried for treason until he's washed from office in 2020.

    So, ya...it turned out pretty good.

    LL&P

  38. [38] 
    Michale wrote:

    Democrats' worst scenario: Nominating an uncompetitive far-left candidate
    https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/457282-democrats-worst-scenario-nominating-an-uncompetitive-far-left-candidate

    It's all but certain that Joe Biden will not be the nominee.. His gaffe propensity is in overdrive and it's almost a daily occurrence..

    That leaves the fact that Democrats WILL nominate a far Left candidate...

    Which will put Democrats in an all too familiar position...

    Does the Dem candidate pivot to the Center, claiming all the things they said in the primary was just campaign talk and it wasn't really meant, thereby placating the center voters (Independents and NPAs) but losing the progressive base..

    Result: President Trump re-elected..

    OR...

    Does the Dem candidate move even FARTHER Left, doubling down on the Progressive wet dream but completely pushing Independents & NPAs into the Trump camp..

    Result: President Trump re-elected..

    Barring a game changing revelation (which Democrats have been counting on, but have failed again and again to get one) there is simply no way that Democrats can win the White House..

  39. [39] 
    Michale wrote:

    Really good actually. It was proven that Trump and his circle had 'synergy' with Russia to knobble the 2016 election, collusion isn't a crime, and Trump can't be tried for treason until he's washed from office in 2020.

    So, ya...it turned out pretty good.

    Whatever you have to tell yerself to make it thru your sad and pathetic life.. :D

    "Good" according to you, was President Trump being frog-marched from the Oval Office.

    He wasn't..

    So, yer simply bullshitting when you say it turned out good... :D

    But that is par for the course for you..

    All you EVER have is bullshit.. :D

    And patriotic Americans??

    They get President Trump til Jan 2025..

    WOOT!!!! :D

  40. [40] 
    Michale wrote:

    A couple of guards fell asleep. Epstein had been deemed un-suicidal. He was supposed to have a roommate but that person had been transferred Friday night and not replaced. Epstein just took advantage of the opportunity...

    Yeah. That doesn't smell.

    Completely and unequivocally AGREE...

    It's obvious that Epstein was murdered..

  41. [41] 
    Michale wrote:

    Facts can take you to scary places, so better to make it clear that the agenda mandates Trump hate, from first page to last. No exceptions ­tolerated.

    As for the offending editor, he is being made an example of and taught a lesson. Perhaps he will be sent to a re-education camp, one of those places where they keep you in the dark and blast bad rock music until you vow never again to play it straight.

    If this sounds a bit overwrought, consider what the incident says about the state of American journalism, and especially the Times. The rot has turned into a cancer.

    The first-edition headline on Tuesday, Aug. 6, “Trump Urges Unity vs. Racism,” was entirely appropriate for the president’s somber remarks after the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings. Trump denounced bigotry and white supremacy and called for new measures to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.
    https://nypost.com/2019/08/13/rot-of-journalism-ethics-at-new-york-times-has-turned-into-leftist-cancer/

    Proof positive that the vast majority of the press is nothing but the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party...

    :eyeroll:

  42. [42] 
    Michale wrote:

    Trump’s election infuriated the Times, and the paper’s coverage shows it is determined he won’t get a second term. Every article is an opinion — and negative.

    Moreover, the drama over a single headline is a reminder that the only political diversity at the paper is between the left and the far left. Joe Pompeo, in Vanity Fair, reports something I’ve heard, too — that young reporters and editors think Baquet is too much of a traditionalist and are chafing at even the minimal limitations on what they can write about Trump.

    They apparently want to call the president and his supporters racists virtually every day, based only on their personal opinions. At the Monday meeting, Baquet promised to set ground rules for when the “R” word could be used.

    It’s not hard to see those young journalists, most of them white, as slightly older versions of college snowflakes who cannot bear to hear a dissenting word and demand that the world conform to their prejudices. In their identity-driven madness, standards of fairness are relics and another form of white power.

    All of which must strike Baquet as especially strange, since he is the paper’s first black editor.

    As for readers sent over the edge by the benign headline, their sense of entitlement is breathtaking. As I wrote Sunday, their fury illustrates that they expect the paper to give them their daily dose of Trump hate. When they don’t get it, the Times becomes the target.

    Now that is a real f–king mess.

    It is.. And probably will remain so for the rest of our lifetimes...

  43. [43] 
    Michale wrote:

    A good summation of what Dems miss about middle America comes from reader Chris Goodwin, no relation. He writes: “I am a traveling pipe welder and hadn’t welded much American-made pipe till Trump was elected. I live in rural Missouri and Dems don’t care what we think.

    “We still cling to our Bibles and guns and think men should use their own bathrooms. We think college shouldn’t be free and not everyone should go. Trump embarrasses me often, but I’ll take embarrassment over any of his opponents.”

    That about sums it up for me and the vast majority of patriotic Americans who still love this country..

    President Trump provides many eye-rolling moments for us.. I have noted some of them here..

    But, when compared to what the Democrat Party has to offer??

    President Trump is the epitome of stability and perfection..

  44. [44] 
    Michale wrote:

    @JL

    A racist is a bigot, but a bigot is not necessarily a racist..

    Would you agree with that statement??

  45. [45] 
    Michale wrote:

    JUST IN: Elizabeth Warren Surges to Statistical Tie With Joe Biden in New National Poll
    https://www.mediaite.com/politics/just-in-elizabeth-warren-surges-in-new-national-poll-to-statistical-tie-with-joe-biden/

    Feeling nervous, JL?? :D

  46. [46] 
    Michale wrote:

    And, for the Democrat Party.....

    Judge slaps down Dem gambit in Trump impeachment probe
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-dem-trump-impeachment-probe

    .... THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING!!!!

    Judge bitch-slaps Democrats!! :D

  47. [47] 
    Michale wrote:

    Oh this just keeps getting better and better!!!

    A D.C. federal judge on Wednesday shot down an attempt by House Judiciary Committee Democrats to link their subpoena for former White House counsel Don McGahn to a separate request for secret grand jury information from the Russia investigation after the Justice Department accused them of trying to "game the system."

    Normally cases are assigned to judges randomly, which the DOJ said is meant to keep parties from “attempting to game the system” by “shopping” for a judge they like. But in a Tuesday court filing, the department alleged the Democrat-controlled committee was trying to do exactly that by exploiting an exception that allows “related” cases to be heard by the same judge. In this case, the DOJ said the panel improperly sought to connect the McGahn case to the grand jury case simply because they're both part of their investigation of President Trump.

    Democrats want to Judge shop!!!!

    Say it ain't so!!!! :D

  48. [48] 
    Michale wrote:

    Poor Democrats..

    They simply CANNOT win.. :D

    heh

  49. [49] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    https://news.sky.com/story/man-assaults-boy-for-not-taking-hat-off-during-us-national-anthem-11779162

    Another charge for Trump, once he's combed from Uncle Sam's beard in 2020...Fomenting public disobedience.

    His corpse will be doing time at this rate.

    LOCK HIM UP. LOCK HIM UP. LOCK HAS SAD ASS UP.

    LL&p

  50. [50] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    "Poor Democrats..
    They simply CANNOT win.. :D
    heh"

    Indeed, when Moscow Mitch and Donny Donetsk are selling out America for Rubles and rub and tugs...No one stands a chance...Comrade.

    LL&P

  51. [51] 
    Michale wrote:

    Indeed, when Moscow Mitch and Donny Donetsk are selling out America for Rubles and rub and tugs...No one stands a chance...Comrade.

    And, as usual, you have not a SINGLE fact that proves this..

    Mueller said there was NO EVIDENCE that any American conspired with the Russians to alter the outcome of the election..

    No matter HOW you want to spin it, moron..

    YOU LOST...

    President Trump won.. America won *I* won...

    YOU LOST...

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  52. [52] 
    Michale wrote:

    Another charge for Trump, once he's combed from Uncle Sam's beard in 2020...Fomenting public disobedience.

    Shall I show you all the Ferguson and St Louis and antifa riots??

    Of course, you don't CARE about violence and assaults and disobedience if it's Left Wingers..

    Hypocrisy, thy name is 'nuck... Rhymes with Stoopid Fuck... :D

  53. [53] 
    Michale wrote:

    'Nuck...

    I get it.. You figured you could show your face around here again because enough time has passed to allow you to spin the Mueller & Russia Collusion Decimation into being a GOOD thing for morons like you...

    Don't worry.. I'll be around to post the FACTS to your hysterical bullshit.. :D

    "It's what I do...
    -Colonel Danning, STARGATE SG-1

    :D

  54. [54] 
    Michale wrote:

    It's simply amazing that, once the initial filings are made, all the judges seem to side with President Trump and America..

    "What a great day for America"
    -Agent J, MEN IN BLACK 3

    :D

  55. [55] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    Canada, in it's roll as overseers of the North American continent, will be happy to inaugurate a 'de-Trumpification' of the US. We'll march Trump supporters through their führer's concentration camps for children, just so they re-write history. We'll bring the Trumpian gang to account, offer ropes if they wish to absolve their families of complicity, take away their stolen swag, and make sure Ben Carson does life for imitating a black man. The bulk of the American people will be allowed to retain their freedom, subject to our conditions...Healthcare for all, gun control, a women's right to control her reproductive system and freedom to tell religious people to fuck off.

    Comply or else.

    ;)

    LL&P

  56. [56] 
    Michale wrote:

    Canada, in it's roll as overseers of the North American continent,

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Whatever you have to tell yerself to make it thru your sad and pathetic life.. :D

    Healthcare for all, gun control, a women's right to control her reproductive system and freedom to tell religious people to fuck off.

    Yea, that's what Canada is such a garden spot and the number 1 destination for immigrants..

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

    Face the facts, sunshine.. Yer Trudeau???

    He's a joke.. A HasBeen.. A Never was... :D

  57. [57] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Michale,

    A racist is a bigot, but a bigot is not necessarily a racist..

    Would you agree with that statement??

    I know this wasn’t for me, but I would like to respond, nonetheless...

    No, a racist is not necessarily a bigot. But I agree that a bigot is not necessarily a racist.

    I view it like this: “ist’s” (racists, sexists, ageists,etc) think things, bigots do things. Racists may have prejudiced thoughts, but it isn’t obvious in their actions. Bigots put their prejudice thoughts into action; they discriminate.

    We all have our prejudices, we don’t all choose to act on them. A “racist bigot” isn’t necessarily a “sexist bigot”.

    And while I recognize the argument for using “bigot” as an all encompassing term for anyone with a prejudice, “bigot” is what my grandmother would refer to as a “fightin’ word” — especially when you include the category of prejudices in the description: “racist bigot” and “sexist bigot” carry a much bigger punch than just “bigot” or “sexist” or “racist” by themselves.

    And while we may inadvertently say or do something that can be viewed as an “ist”, bigotry is intentional — we know full what we are doing and why we are doing it!

    Maybe it’s my having grown up in the South as a white male. I think we subconsciously made “bigot” the worst thing someone could be called out of jealousy — it was OUR word that no one else could use to describe us! We were just desiring equality in ways others could offend us!

  58. [58] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    "President Trump won.. America won *I* won...
    YOU LOST... "

    You're kidding, surely?

    How did I lose. I get to mock keyboard cowboys all the live long day, while you scramble to defend the ridiculous.

    Michale, you lost the moment Trump took office, you, and all those cursed, have to jump through hoops of real fire just to keep your noses above the Trumpian sewage, explaining one abhorrent after another away in the name of 'conservatism'. I think it's hilarious. To see otherwise intelligent people do the old 'I think what the President meant to say is...' all the time, when in fact we all know what the twat said and why he said it.

    The right wing in 'Murica' is a fucking joke, propped up by people rapidly running out of excuses for their mistake.

    LOCK HIM UP

    LL&P

  59. [59] 
    Michale wrote:

    We'll bring the Trumpian gang to account, offer ropes if they wish to absolve their families of complicity, take away their stolen swag, and make sure Ben Carson does life for imitating a black man.

    How racist..

    Some white ass moron like yerself is a judge of what a black man should be???

    I know, I know.. You want yer black men to tote dat bail, pick dat cotton.. Toe de Democrat Party line...

    How utterly racist.. :eyeroll:

  60. [60] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    “We know full well” was what I meant to say near the end there.

  61. [61] 
    Michale wrote:

    Russ,

    I agree with what you say..

    My only point is that "racist" has a connotation all it's own..

    And, up until a decade or so ago, being called a "racist" actually meant something..

    But when you use "racist" when you mean "bigot" you cheapen and denigrate and reduce the severity of the word "racist".

    Which is exactly what Democrats have done.

    It's like comparing detention centers to "concentration camps" or saying Trump is worse than the guy who brutally butchered 6 million jews..

    Do you see my point??

  62. [62] 
    Michale wrote:

    A "racist bigot" is redundant..

    Like Illegal Immigrant Criminal... :D

    If one is a racist then one is automatically a bigot..

    But a bigot is not necessarily a racist..

    The words are NOT interchangeable..

  63. [63] 
    Michale wrote:

    If yer going to call someone a racist or a child molester or a terrorist..

    You BETTER have the FACTS that support this charge unequivocally..

  64. [64] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    "Yea, that's what Canada is such a garden spot and the number 1 destination for immigrants.."

    See how easy it is to needle the racist in you.

    I rest my case, the right-wing are wrestling within their ranks to see if their shit sticks to the wall.

    Thanks for coming out, Michale, we have some lovely parting gifts for you in the foyer.

    lol

    LL&P

  65. [65] 
    Michale wrote:

    If yer going to call someone a racist or a child molester or a terrorist..

    You BETTER have the FACTS that support this charge unequivocally..

    Anyone have a problem with that???

  66. [66] 
    Michale wrote:

    See how easy it is to needle the racist in you.

    Oh, so Canadian is a race now??

    See how easy it is for me to prove you have absolutely NO CLUE what racist even means??

    :eyeroll: moron...

  67. [67] 
    Michale wrote:

    You see the problem that NORMAL people have with Left Wingers and their view of "race"??

    Stoopid Fuck.. I mean 'Nuck... thinks its "racist" to espouse national pride to a canadian...

    It's hard to argue with such stoopidity...

  68. [68] 
    Michale wrote:

    Again, 'Nuck epitomizes the problem that the Democrat Party and Left Wingers have..

    **EVERYTHING** is racist.. Even things that absolutely positively have NOTHING to do with race..

    Thank you for proving my point so perfectly, Stoopid 'Nuck...

  69. [69] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    We here enjoy and relish within our diversity, Michale. You on the other hand see immigrants as somehow diluting the American experience. Tell me, Michale, were your parents of French ancestry or simply illiterate and misspelled "Michael"...hmm?

    Put that in your meth pipe and smoke it...the bottom line is this, it's fucking rich to post anti-immigrant screeds when you yourself are nothing more than an interloping refugee that happened to arrive sooner.

    LL&P

  70. [70] 
    Michale wrote:

    I think I'll just stick with Stoopid 'Nuck...

    Don't want to get in trouble with The Warden Of Weigantia

    :D

  71. [71] 
    Michale wrote:

    We here enjoy and relish within our diversity, Michale. You on the other hand see immigrants as somehow diluting the American experience.

    Never said ANYTHING of the sort... As usual, you have to make shit up to try and make your case.

    But that's why I am here. To expose your bullshit..

    Tell me, Michale, were your parents of French ancestry or simply illiterate and misspelled "Michael"...hmm?

    I dunno.. Did your mom name you Stoopid 'Nuck cuz she knew what a moron you would grow up to be??

    Let's ask her...

    Put that in your meth pipe and smoke it...

    Don't do illegal drugs.. That's a Democrat's bailiwick...

    ..the bottom line is this, it's fucking rich to post anti-immigrant screeds when you yourself are nothing more than an interloping refugee that happened to arrive sooner.

    Never posted an anti-immigrant screed in my entire life..

    Once again.. You are utterly and completely full of shit..

  72. [72] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Michael,

    A "racist bigot" is redundant..

    No, it is merely more precise.

    If one is a racist then one is automatically a bigot..

    But a bigot is not necessarily a racist..

    The words are NOT interchangeable..

    Then how can they be redundant?

  73. [73] 
    Michale wrote:

    Russ,

    We Can’t Imagine What Cops Go Through

    Recent NYPD suicides should remind us to appreciate the trauma associated with police work.
    https://www.city-journal.org/nypd-police-suicides

    Just wanted to share that with you in case ya didn't see it..

  74. [74] 
    Michale wrote:

    Then how can they be redundant?

    Because if you call someone a racist, bigot is already incorporated.. Being a bigot is part and parcel to being a racist..

    Like Illegal Immigrant Criminal

    An Illegal Immigrant is, by definition a criminal..

    A racist, by definition is a bigot..

    It would be like, in the old days, saying "female mother".. By definition, a mother IS a female..

    It's redundant, even though the words are NOT interchangeable...

    See???

    :D

  75. [75] 
    Paula wrote:

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17-cases-invoking-trump/story?id=58912889

    'No Blame?' ABC News finds 36 cases invoking 'Trump' in connection with violence, threats, alleged assaults.

    To support Blotus is to be culpable for violence against innocent Americans. Supporters get the whole package - come for the GREED, stay for the terrorism whether you like it or not.

  76. [76] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Michale-
    Not at all a reasonable assumption.

    A reasonable assumption would be the writer was purposely being deceptive.

    When I checked on the FEC site for other candidates in previous elections the contributions were listed for each contributor to a campaign. There was also something to click to see the contributors total contributions.

    The majority of donors listed I checked making 50 or 100 dollar contributions had total contributions in the hundreds and thousands of dollars and the majority of contributors I checked had made more than one contribution.

    So an assumption of no multiple contribution donors is not reasonable.

    And while it may not have been clear the way i said it, the writer was not making an reasonable assumption based on consideration of the facts- it was a deliberate attempt to deceive by twisting the facts disguised as an assumption.

    Ass

  77. [77] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Michael,

    And, up until a decade or so ago, being called a "racist" actually meant something..

    That you don’t realize that that was right about the time that word started getting directed at you for comments you’d make isn’t surprising. My mother, bless her soul, was extremely upset when I told her a comment she made was racist. Her father was racist, and she firmly believed as long as she didn’t use “nigger” in her sentences, she wasn’t being racist. That word was her line in the sand that, as long as she didn’t cross it, prevented her from being as bad as her father had been.

    Question: If you have a racist thought, are you a racist?

    What criteria do you use to define a “racist”?

    I define a bigot as one who knowingly discriminates based on their prejudices.

    If I tell you that your last comment was racist, that doesn’t mean that I think you necessarily intended to insult or discriminate when you said it; If I tell you your last comment was bigoted, I do!

  78. [78] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Michale [72]

    Appreciate the article! Thanks

    -R

  79. [79] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    The "Ass" at the end was an extra part of "Assumption" that I didn't see was still there before posting and not meant to be calling you or the writer an ass no matter how tempting that might be on occasion.

  80. [80] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    CW,

    Careful, Chris! You know that with articles like this, you can count on Fox News to start using “Beijing Biden” and “Peking Pelosi” any day now!

  81. [81] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    79..ha

    CW has fallen silent.

    Michale has prolly had him deported back to Mesopotamia. Or some Amino acid laden terrestrial body.

    Can't have people here that diverse, it just isn't Krickit.

    HGTTG

    LL&P

  82. [82] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    78...Lol, Michale might be guilty of putting the 'Ass' back in 'Assumption', he's definitely responsible for putting the 'ass' back in 'asinine'...

    :)

    LL&P

  83. [83] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    There ain't no "ass" in "asinine", ass.

  84. [84] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Canuck [68]

    Timing is not the only differencebetween immigrants of prior generations and current immigrants.

    The early immigrants knew they were coming to attempt to wrest a decent life out of an inhospitable wilderness, a daunting task to say the least.

    Current immigrants know they are coming to reap the fruits of the labors of earlier immigrants.

  85. [85] 
    James T Canuck wrote:

    82 and 3...Are you sure?

    and

    "Current immigrants know they are coming to reap the fruits of the labors of earlier immigrants."

    That's quite possibly the stupidest thing you've ever posted, it'll take some coming from.

    And you've launched your fair share of jaw-dropping clangers, I commend you for bettering yourself.

    LL&P

  86. [86] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    [84]

    Might not be any "ass in "asinine", but there's damn well an ass in Canuck.

  87. [87] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    CRS,

    The early immigrants knew they were coming to attempt to wrest a decent life out of an inhospitable wilderness, a daunting task to say the least.

    Yeah, those folks on the Mayflower were of a sturdy stock, no doubt. But any immigrants who postponed their cruise here until after the Civil War, those immigrants were not likely to wind up “wilderness folk”!

  88. [88] 
    Michale wrote:

    Michale has prolly had him deported back to Mesopotamia. Or some Amino acid laden terrestrial body.

    78...Lol, Michale might be guilty of putting the 'Ass' back in 'Assumption', he's definitely responsible for putting the 'ass' back in 'asinine'...

    Wow.. I really DO live rent free in yer head, eh?? :D

  89. [89] 
    Michale wrote:

    That you don’t realize that that was right about the time that word started getting directed at you for comments you’d make isn’t surprising.

    Which simply added more proof to my point.

    Being called a racist is a political weapon that usually has no basis in reality.. :D

    I define a bigot as one who knowingly discriminates based on their prejudices.

    Archie Bunker was a bigot.. I don't think it ever showed him actually discriminating against anyone..

    I would have to really think how I would define 'bigot' or 'racist' beyond the old cop maxim, "I may not be able to define it, but I know it when I see it.."

  90. [90] 
    Michale wrote:

    Timing is not the only differencebetween immigrants of prior generations and current immigrants.

    The early immigrants knew they were coming to attempt to wrest a decent life out of an inhospitable wilderness, a daunting task to say the least.

    Current immigrants know they are coming to reap the fruits of the labors of earlier immigrants.

    That's the problem that 'Nuck has..

    He CAN'T argue the REAL issue, so he creates a strawman argument about "immigrants", which no one (save himself and others like him) is talking about..

    The point is, and always will be, ILLEGAL immigrants..

    Criminals..

    Every time a Weigantian tries to make the discussion about immigrants, I know I have them by the short and curlies and they are conceding my point.. :D

  91. [91] 
    Michale wrote:

    Suspect in custody after 6 officers hurt in hours-long Philadelphia standoff

    All of the wounded officers had been released from hospitals. The violence began as police attempted to serve a narcotics warrant.

    Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said the suspect has a criminal history and "was able to get these weapons, and a large magazine, a large amount of bullets." The mayor criticized federal and state governments for what he said was a lack of progress on gun control and an unwillingness to stand up to the National Rifle Association and others.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-fired-upon-philadelphia-they-respond-shooting-incident-n1042436

    Once again, an ignorant Democrat spouts off about a subject he, apparently, knows nothing about..

    It's already illegal for the scumbag shooter to possess the weapons he had..

    So how would MORE laws have prevented this??

    Answer.. It wouldn't..

  92. [92] 
    Michale wrote:

    Kamala Harris slammed for 'politicizing' Philadelphia standoff
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-slammed-for-politicizing-active-police-standoff-in-philadelphia

    I have to come to Harris' defense here..

    Why slam or attack her for politicizing attacks and tragedies such as this??

    It's what Democrats do... Their own messiah gave the command...

    "We *MUST* politicize these tragedies"
    -Barack Hussein Obama

    .... and Harris simply goes forth and obeys..

    Slamming and attacking a Democrat for politicizing gun tragedies is like slamming and attacking a person for breathing...

    I'm just sayin'....

  93. [93] 
    Michale wrote:

    Apologies...

    #90 and #91 should have been posted in the next commentary..

    Apologies to those who have to read it twice.. ;D

  94. [94] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    7

    Here are FACTS that prove President Trump is NOT a racist...

    President Trump's policies has made unemployment for black Americans at it's LOWEST point EVER...

    Which of Trump's policies are those, Mike? I'm quite certain "unemployment for black Americans" was a whole lot lower -- pretty much nonexistent, in fact -- before the civil war under the policies of the plantation owners, and you're nuts if you equate unemployment with whether or not a person is racist. Under this ignorant theory of yours, if unemployment for blacks were to increase, it would prove Trump was definitely a racist. Duh!

    LOWEST... POINT.... EVER.....

    All caps doesn't help ignorant theories.

    His policies also has hispanic unemployment down to it's LOWEST point EVER..

    LOWEST... POINT.... EVER.....

    What policies? See above.

    If he were racist, would he have done this??? Of course not..

    You seriously think the unemployment rate proves Trump isn't a racist? *laughs*

    President Trump went to bat for the black American rapper in Sweden???

    He's the President, and he was asked. It's his job.

    Would he have done this if he were racist??? Of course not..

    Doing his job as POTUS doesn't prove he isn't a racist.

    He's the POTUS, Mike. A lot of the bullshit you're listing is his job. Balthy is right, though, Mike. Your bar is low for Trump.

    Rev Jesse Jackson honored Donald J Trump for his "lifetime of service to black Americans"..

    Would Jesse Jackson bestow such an honor on a man that showed even an INKLING of racism?? Of course not..

    Why not, Mike? Is Jesse Jackson some kind of infallible person to you, Mike? *laughs* Trump has shown many inklings of being a racist regardless of whatever awards he has received. This statement here is a bit like claiming Adolph "You Know Who" couldn't have done all those horrible things because he was on the cover of Time. *laughs*

    President Trump was honored by the mayor of New York city alongside black luminaries such as Rosa Parks and Mohammed Ali...

    Would the Democrats' Democrat Ed Koch have honored Trump alongside such black dignitaries as Parks and Ali if there was even a HINT of racism??? Of course not..

    You're wrong again, Mike. Trump was a recipient of an award along with Ali and Parks, but being photographed with people of color doesn't mean you're not a racist.

    The photo is authentic, but only half of the claim about Trump’s award is true. The caption on a photo circulating widely on Facebook correctly claims that now-President Trump was one of 87 people given the Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 1986 along with recipients Ali and Parks. However he was not being honored for his work with “inner city black youths,” as the photo caption falsely claims.

    THE FACTS: Trump was among the first group of Americans to be given the award, which recognized people from a variety of ethnic backgrounds who have made significant contributions to the country, Otto Coca, communications director for the Ellis Island Honors Society told The Associated Press Monday. But Trump was honored for his work as a successful developer in New York City and his German heritage, Coca said, not for helping inner city youth.

    https://www.apnews.com/afs:Content:2601590439

    In the mid 1980s, Puerto Rico was devastated by Tropical Storm Gert. Donald Trump lent his plane to relief efforts to get aid to those suffering... Trump received NO PUBLICITY at the time..

    Would a racist have done this?? Of course not..

    Cite? Where do you get this BS? There wasn't a "Gert" in the mid 80's.

    The name Gert has been used for six tropical cyclones in the Atlantic Ocean.

    Hurricane Gert (1981) - caused heavy rainfall to several Caribbean islands but no significant damage.

    Hurricane Gert (1993) - formed near and later made landfall in Central America and then the Yucatán Peninsula, then made a second and final landfall in Mexico before existing the basin and moved to the eastern Pacific basin where it later dissipated, causing a combined total of 116 deaths and over $170 million in damage.

    Hurricane Gert (1999) - reached Category 4 strength, threatened Bermuda but turned away before striking.

    Tropical Storm Gert (2005) - earliest seventh-storm formation in the Atlantic Ocean since record-keeping began, breaking the old record set in 1936 by 14 days. Made landfall near Tampico, Mexico.

    Tropical Storm Gert (2011) - formed in the open ocean, passed close to Bermuda, brushing the island with light rainfall.

    Hurricane Gert (2017) - a Category 2 hurricane that did not cause any impact on land.

    You think a racist can't lend his plane when asked by another politician for help? Trump lent his shuttle plane in 1989 to help Puerto Rico after Hurricane Hugo. It was publicized in The New York Times and many other papers at the time. Google it.

    Dr Alveda King, the niece of Martin Luther King Jr is on record as a rabid Trump supporter... Would she support him with so much gusto if there was even a HINT that he was a racist?? Of course not..

    Duh! The niece of Dr. King who has "gusto" for Trump and has been a Republican since 1990 is a "rabid" supporter of all Republicans. She was a big fan of Herman Cain too. You don't think it might be the "-R" after Trump's name, do you? Or that she's a regular contributor on the Fox News propaganda bullshit channel?

    The claim that President Trump is a racist is SOLELY and COMPLETELY and UNEQUIVOCALLY based on political considerations and has NOTHING to do with facts or reality...

    You couldn't recognize reality if it lived on your face. That is a fact. :)

  95. [95] 
    Michale wrote:

    Michale [72]

    Appreciate the article! Thanks

    -R

    Yer welcome..

    We need a lot more of this and a lot less of the other around here..

    I'll try and do my part..

  96. [96] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Listen [86]

    The post-civil war immigrants mostly didn't have to cope with wilderness, but they also didn't have a public welfare system to support them if they were unable/unwilling to work.

  97. [97] 
    Michale wrote:

    The post-civil war immigrants mostly didn't have to cope with wilderness, but they also didn't have a public welfare system to support them if they were unable/unwilling to work.

    Exactly..

    There is a reason that the US is the numero uno destination for those who don't want any responsibility..

    They just want to be taken care of...

    The Democrat Party promises them this..

  98. [98] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    96

    Exactly..

    Exactly wrong.

    There is a reason that the US is the numero uno destination for those who don't want any responsibility..

    Cite? Facts to support your claim? This is nothing more than the perpetuation of the lazy immigrant bullshit. It's a favorite theme of the Fox News right-wingnut propaganda channel and their useful idiots.

    They just want to be taken care of...

    Facts to support? Cite?

    Also: Pick a lane. Are they just here to take your job or here to do nothing? It sounds infinitely ignorant to claim they're here for your job and then whine they won't do anything unless you're prepared to admit that your job is doing nothing.

    The Democrat Party promises them this..

    More right-wingnut propaganda from Mike... oh, shocker! There is no such thing as "the Democrat Party," and the continued use of the term proves nothing more than either a willful ignorance or a bona fide inability to learn. Either way, you prove repeatedly that you're not someone who need be taken seriously and you're just here to troll. :)

Comments for this article are closed.