ChrisWeigant.com

Trump Announces Re-Election Bid... Against Hillary?

[ Posted Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 – 17:26 UTC ]

President Donald Trump apparently thinks he can easily beat the 2020 Democratic nominee -- if Democrats would only nominate Hillary Clinton again, that is. The fact that she's not actually running seems to have completely escaped him. Granted, with 24 candidates in the Democratic race, it is rather hard to keep track of them all -- but even so, it's pretty hard to miss the fact that there simply are no Clintons whatsoever in the race this time around. But Trump's never been one to let facts get in the way of a good chant at one of his political rallies.

The mainstream media all went along with the fiction that Donald Trump somehow "launched" his re-election campaign yesterday in Florida, despite the obvious fact that he filed re-election paperwork on his first day in office and reportedly trademarked the new slogan he unveiled last night ("Keep America Great!") during his first month in office. In other words, he's literally been running since Day One of his first term.

Being Trump, of course, this wasn't the biggest fiction Trump told the adoring crowds last night. There were plenty of misstatements and outright lies, which is par for the course in any Trump speech. But his continuing obsession with the 2016 race should be a little worrisome to his own campaign, one would think.

Trump thinks he won in 2016 by the greatest electoral victory of all time -- a landslide of historic and epic proportions. This is simply not true. It wasn't even a landslide, unless your definition of this term is mighty pliable. Trump's victory in the Electoral College was the 13th-smallest of all time, in fact. This puts him a lot nearer the bottom of the list (of the total of 58 presidential elections held so far) than the top, which is a fact he will never acknowledge, of course. As for the popular vote, Hillary Clinton beat him by three million votes. Trump can make a realistic case that his election was "the biggest political upset of all time," but that is just not enough for him. He is still obsessing over the paltry size of his inauguration crowds, in fact.

Trump seems to be increasingly insecure about the 2020 election, perhaps because the polls all show him losing by a wide margin. His job approval polling has never yet reached 50 percent, and he remains mired in the low 40s where he's been for his whole term. If the election were held tomorrow, he would likely lose (at the least) Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, which would be more than enough to deny him a second term. In response, Trump has fired over half the pollsters working for his campaign, following a "shoot the messenger" strategy, apparently.

Trump is leading the Republicans into the same trap they inflicted upon themselves back in 2012. Back then, the consensus among GOP strategists was that public opinion polling was somehow "skewed" to favor Democrats. So they went ahead and set up a website where conservatives could view "unskewed polls," which clearly showed Mitt Romney winning in a romp. When the night of the election rolled around, their shock was most apparent in a clip from Fox News where Karl Rove absolutely refused to believe that Barack Obama had won Ohio, and thus a second term. Rove berated the "numbers guys" at Fox and demanded to see their data. All to no avail.

Fast-forward to now. Donald Trump has always been convinced that all polls which do not show him with overwhelmingly favorable numbers are "fake," and can thus be ignored. This sets up Republicans to repeat what happened in 2012, except this time the meltdown won't happen from a partisan hack at Fox News, it will happen in the Oval Office. Some Democrats are already worried that Trump will somehow just refuse to believe he lost, which could be a constitutional crisis like we've never seen before (making Bush v. Gore look like a picnic by comparison).

We got a preview of this in Trump's reaction to his massive midterm losses in the House of Representatives. Trump still doesn't really believe that he got his clock cleaned, and has talked himself into believing that somehow the Democrats must have cheated. And that was in an election where his own name wasn't even on the ballot. So what's he going to do when the voters' rejection is a lot more personal? Knowing Trump, the possibilities are truly mind-boggling.

The thin reed that Trump is clinging to is that he did it once, therefore he can do it again. He can beat the odds and prove all the pointy-headed analysts wrong once again. Which is always a possibility, of course. But this time around, no matter whether he has fully realized it or not, Hillary Clinton is not running against him. She just isn't.

Trump's nostalgia for 2016 feels like the nostalgia spy movie writers have had since about 1989. Once upon a time, things were simple. There was really only one supervillain possible, and that was the Soviet Union. Then the U.S.S.R. imploded, and suddenly the plot-writers had to come up with some sort of substitute villain for James Bond (and all his ilk) to fight against. It hasn't been easy. Trump exhibits the same sort of nostalgia for a simpler era when he whips up his crowds into an anti-Hillary fervor.

In her last run, Hillary Clinton generated a whole lot of feelings among the electorate, some good and some bad. In the "bad" column, there was sexism (or misogyny, if you prefer). There were strong anti-Clinton feelings even within the Democratic Party base. There was frustration from Bernie's supporters at Clinton's incrementalist approach to problems, and towards the way the primary elections were run. And there was a whole lot of bad feelings directed towards Hillary's pretty obvious sense of entitlement. Trump harnessed all of these bad feelings to great effect. But it's doubtful that he'll be as successful this time around because (once again) Hillary Clinton is not a candidate for president any more. Trump supporters can chant "Lock her up!" to their hearts' content, but this does not change the basic fact that the evil Hillary will not appear on the ballot next November.

It's doubtful that Trump will be able to surf any sort of wave of hatred to victory the way he did last time. To be sure, sexism/misogyny might still be around, if Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris (or any of the other women candidates) wins the Democratic nomination. But the rest of it is probably not going to work anywhere near as effectively as it did in 2016. There is no real Clinton-anointed candidate, so anti-Clinton feelings are going to be non-existent (outside Trump's fevered imagination, that is). No Democratic candidate is exhibiting a sense of entitlement to the nomination at this point, either. As for ideological differences, the Democratic Party is almost certainly not going to have a gigantic rift between moderates and progressives, no matter how hard the mainstream media tries to lean in to this storyline. This is because pretty much every Democratic voter everywhere already agrees with one basic overarching premise for 2020: beating Donald Trump trumps everything else. Moderates will happily vote for a fire-breathing progressive, and progressive voters will also enthusiastically cast their vote for a centrist candidate next November, because anyone is going to be ten thousand times better than another four years of the national nightmare that is Trump. On this, Democrats are almost universally agreed -- to a degree seldom seen within the "party of herding cats." The voters have their eyes on the prize, and nothing Trump says or does is likely to change that dynamic.

It's easy to see why Trump is so nostalgic for 2016. Back then, he didn't have a record to run on. Now he does. His lack of any real accomplishments is plain to see, and once Democrats sort out who will take on Trump next year, this will become a central theme to the Democratic campaign. Back in 2016, Trump could piggyback upon negative feelings towards Hillary Clinton among many voters (for whatever reason), but this time around he won't have that luxury.

In fact, the more time and energy Trump spends demonizing Clinton the better, as far as Democrats should be concerned. He may spark paroxysms of joy among those who attend his rallies by ranting against Clinton, but to the rest of the voters it will seem like what it is -- looking backwards instead of forwards, if not downright denial of the current reality. The more Trump tries to rehash the 2016 election, the more the voters are going to wonder what he's done since then, to put it another way.

Hillary Clinton has been very quiet during the 2020 campaign so far. She's not alone -- both her husband and Barack Obama are also staying out of the fray of the Democratic nominating process, as they probably should (at least at this point). But Hillary could help out the entire Democratic field in one specific way, if last night is any indication. She could begin to mercilessly taunt Trump on Twitter, regularly berating his unhinged fixation on her. It's likely Trump would be unable to resist such baiting, drawing him into attacking Hillary even more than he already is. This would be a wonderful distraction which would benefit the entire field of 2020 Democrats, because the more time Trump spends fighting a race that isn't even going to happen, the less time he'll spend on the reality of the 2020 race. In fact, Democrats everywhere should encourage (and egg on) Trump's obsession with Hillary as much as possible, because she so obviously still gets under his skin in a major way. Even if she isn't actually running for anything anymore.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

100 Comments on “Trump Announces Re-Election Bid... Against Hillary?”

  1. [1] 
    Paula wrote:

    Blotus is such a repetitive gigantic bore.

  2. [2] 
    Paula wrote:

    Biden gets himself into deeper hot water - he touts his experience working (years ago) with a couple of segregationist senators and notes "He didn't call me boy" - seemingly unaware that "boy" is typically used by bigots as a put down of black men.

    So Kamala Harris came out with a strong reaction to this, saying: "Yes, it concerns me deeply. If those men had their way, I wouldn't be in the United States Senate and on this elevator right now."

    Then Cory Booker put out a statement:

    "You don't joke about calling black men 'boys,' " New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, one of three black Democratic candidates for president, said in a statement Wednesday.

    "Vice President Biden's relationships with proud segregationists are not the model for how we make America a safer and more inclusive place for black people, and for everyone. I have to tell Vice President Biden, as someone I respect, that he is wrong for using his relationships with Eastland and Talmadge as examples of how to bring our country together."

    Elizabeth Warren, Sherrod Brown and his wife, reporter Connie Schultz also came out with strong condemnations.

    So JB is getting out of a limo and is asked to comment and replies:

    “Apologize for what? Cory [Booker] should apologize. He knows better. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

    It's not going down well.

  3. [3] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Paula,

    I don't suppose that you could provide a link to exactly what Biden said, could you?

  4. [4] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I mean what he originally said that he is getting so much criticism for.

    And, if you can't find it, then I would suggest that your comments here on the subject may be worthy of an apology from you!

    Just kidding … sort of.

  5. [5] 
    Paula wrote:
  6. [6] 
    Paula wrote:

    Here's JB's response to questioning re: Cory Booker.

    https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1141511987454763008

  7. [7] 
    Paula wrote:

    This is an excellent tweet thread: https://twitter.com/studentactivism/status/1141359822501269507

    One of the tweets in the thread:

    Biden is arguing that being friends with your adversaries—refusing to contradict them, refusing to hold their wrongdoing against them, refusing to challenge their ideology face-to-face—makes it easier to defeat them. He's wrong.

  8. [8] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I hope you're not relying on news reports and tweets.

    d

  9. [9] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Paula,

    Am I really making myself that unclear or ...

  10. [10] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    I'm done with you on this - go back to the tweets!

  11. [11] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    I doubt your claim that every Democratic voter agrees that the only thing that matters in 2020 is beating Trump.

    There must be some Democratic voters somewhere that are smarter than that.

    And independents don't all think the only thing that matters is defeating Trump.

    Hillary may not be running, but there are plenty of candidates that are similar in many disqualifying ways- including the current big money front runner.

    When citizens finally stop buying the you only have two choices lie, which may happen sooner than you think, the Hillary imitators and false opposition currently offered by the Democratic Party will not be good enough when citizens realize there are other options/choices even if those choices take more than one election cycle to achieve a goal.

    I would think you would want to be on the front end of that change rather than be left behind with your stale this is the only election that matters and there are only two choices nonsense.

  12. [12] 
    goode trickle wrote:

    Great piece...

    Is it too soon to be ultimately cynical?

    Last night was in my opinion the first step in the GOP coup. Given trumps need to win or be a victim his HRC rant section gives way to the fact that it bugs him to no end that he was unable to do some thing Obama did twice and HRC beat him at which was win the popular vote, and it bugs him to no end that Obama also got the EC as well.

    The recent trend of the GOP calling special sessions to strip power away from the incomming administration when they lose as well as the current outright senate refusal to do the peoples bussiness, amog which is work to make our election system safe should be enough to give one pause when combined with the need for trump to always be portrayed as the ultimate winner.

    As insurance that the GOP can retain power I predict that nothing on election security or interference will be done. Trump will continue to not just rant against HRC but also Obama " did nothing" in efforts to delegitimize a losing result.

    Should Trump lose I fully expect that suddenly all sorts of information on forgien interference will be released. Trump will refuse to accept the results and thus leave office, Cocaine Mitch, and the rest of the senate cronies will back him in his play and will agreeably suspend the election results and effectivly declare a state of emergency / Martial Law.

  13. [13] 
    goode trickle wrote:

    I got catted....

    Having him Campaign on the past will hopefully get the rest of us sane folks out to the polls and will prevent my cynical analysis of the evedence I am seeing from coming to pass .

    Have fun try to play nice...I know it hard when M is smearing BS around here faster than a dog with a bad case of the scoots on a white shag carpet... but do try any way.

    I predict my comment will get more eyerolls than a valley girl who just discovered puberty.

    I am outaa here for a few months. Pre deployment surveys completed, now on to the fun part... operations.

  14. [14] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Take care, GT!

  15. [15] 
    Kick wrote:

    CW: So they went ahead and set up a website where conservatives could view "unskewed polls," which clearly showed Mitt Romney winning in a romp.

    And remember Dick Morris and his "Romney will win in a landslide" prediction and Larry Kudlow with his? *laughs* They all bought "all in" to the Fox News bullshit of the day.

    The more things change, the more they don't seem to change even a scintilla. :)

  16. [16] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    catted?

  17. [17] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    ??

  18. [18] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    maybe it's about hitting the submit button before you were actually finished tapping out a comment

  19. [19] 
    Kick wrote:

    CW: It's easy to see why Trump is so nostalgic for 2016. Back then, he didn't have a record to run on. Now he does.

    He's got a criminal record to run on too, being that he is an unindicted co-conspirator in a federal case in SDNY where he is referred to as "Individual 1" and for which his fixer is currently serving jail time for following his orders.

    Also, now that the SCOTUS has ruled 7-2 in favor of the separate sovereign issue and kneecapped Trump's pardon power and the State of New York will soon have removed any impediment to indicting Donald Trump for crimes committed in New York which were also committed by Trump at the federal level, perhaps Trump will have a criminal indictment he's facing as voters cast their ballots in November 2020.

    I wasn't just "whistling Dixie" in 2017 when I first sang the theme song to New York, New York. :)

  20. [20] 
    Kick wrote:

    DH
    11

    I doubt your claim that every Democratic voter agrees that the only thing that matters in 2020 is beating Trump.

    Context, Don.

    This is because pretty much every Democratic voter everywhere already agrees with one basic overarching premise for 2020: beating Donald Trump trumps everything else. ~ CW

    What part of the words "pretty much" are confusing at all to you, Don?

    As far as the remainder of your stupid repetitive and stale rant criticizing the author, I'd bounce your bitchy whiney self-promotional spew right off my blog if I were CW and produce a blog truly free of ads and free of your daily disparaging drivel.

    But CW is so much more tolerant than me; kudos to him for his tolerance, but my sufferance of Don's derogatory shit aimed at CW is now basically nil and nonexistent. :)

  21. [21] 
    Kick wrote:

    GT
    12/13

    Great posts.

    Do stay safe, and thank you for all you do. :)

    XOXOXO

  22. [22] 
    Kick wrote:

    JL/EM
    16/17

    catted?

    I believe... <---- operative word there... that he is making a reference to CW's comment:

    On this, Democrats are almost universally agreed -- to a degree seldom seen within the "party of herding cats." ~ CW

    Or perhaps maybe more likely he is referring to a cat getting all up in his way... on his lap or on his keyboard. :)

  23. [23] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    oh, i thought maybe it was short for some sort of jargon, like CATFUd

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    President Donald Trump apparently thinks he can easily beat the 2020 Democratic nominee -- if Democrats would only nominate Hillary Clinton again, that is.

    And he is right.. :D

    And don't think it's so far outside the realm of possibility... The Dumbocrat Party COULD be that stoopid.. :D

    The mainstream media all went along with the fiction that Donald Trump somehow "launched" his re-election campaign yesterday in Florida, despite the obvious fact that he filed re-election paperwork on his first day in office and reportedly trademarked the new slogan he unveiled last night ("Keep America Great!") during his first month in office. In other words, he's literally been running since Day One of his first term.

    As did Odumbo..

    Funny how no one had a problem with it then.. :D

    Being Trump, of course, this wasn't the biggest fiction Trump told the adoring crowds last night. There were plenty of misstatements and outright lies, which is par for the course in any Trump speech.

    For example...????

    But his continuing obsession with the 2016 race should be a little worrisome to his own campaign,

    BBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Ya are commenting on PRESIDENT TRUMP'S obsession with the 2016 race!???

    Yer kidding, right???

    one would think.

    Apparently... not... :D

    Trump thinks he won in 2016 by the greatest electoral victory of all time -- a landslide of historic and epic proportions. This is simply not true.

    From a certain perspective, it IS true... But I don't expect anyone here to get that perspective.. HHPTDS and all...

    Trump seems to be increasingly insecure about the 2020 election, perhaps because the polls all show him losing by a wide margin.

    Hmmmmmm Where have we heard THAT one before???

    The polls in 2016 ALSO had Trump losing by an even WIDER margin...

    We all know what happened next...A lot of hysterical crying from Democrats (I have the YouTubes to prove it) and Michale gloating.. :D

    Are you REALLY going to quote polls as if they are relevant?? REALLY???

    But this time around, no matter whether he has fully realized it or not, Hillary Clinton is not running against him. She just isn't.

    Boy, are you going to have a lot of egg on your face when this turns out to be a false statement.. :D

    She could begin to mercilessly taunt Trump on Twitter, regularly berating his unhinged fixation on her.

    As opposed to ya'all's and every other Trump/America hater's fixation on President Trump??

    Looks like President Trump's announcement has got ya worried... :D

  25. [25] 
    Michale wrote:

    GT,

    Last night was in my opinion the first step in the GOP coup.

    ANOTHER GOP coup??? This is.. what... the hundredth or more we've seen???

    You don't get it.. Amongst the GOP, President Trump enjoys Saint Ronald Reagan approval...

    If it's a COUP you want to worry about (besides the failed one the Dumbocrat Party tried) look to your own Dumbocrat Party...

    Occasional Cortex is the one who is planning a Party coup.. And it WON'T be against the GOP either..

    :D

    Trump will refuse to accept the results

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    You mean, like the entirety of the Left Wingery and Never Trumpers and Trump/America haters refused to accept the 2016 election??

    It's hilarious to me how you and CW can spew such obvious nonsense and still keep a straight face..

    Ya both describe actions you futurely (and old word I just made up) to the GOP yet the description PERFECTLY describes the past actions of your Dumbocrat Party..

    , Cocaine Mitch, and the rest of the senate cronies will back him in his play and will agreeably suspend the election results and effectivly declare a state of emergency / Martial Law.

    Now you are contradicting yourself..

    First you claim that this is the beginning of the GOP coup and then you rant that the GOP will back President Trump in your fevered imagination that somehow, President Trump won't accept the 2020 election results..

    Make up your mind... Which is it??

    Have fun try to play nice...I know it hard when M is smearing BS around here faster than a dog with a bad case of the scoots on a white shag carpet... but do try any way.

    Says the guy who is smearing BS within the same comment...

    Heading out again??? I know, I know.. Your Mueller Russia Collusion delusion

  26. [26] 
    Michale wrote:

    Carp!!!

    Heading out again??? I know, I know.. Your Mueller Russia Collusion delusion just got FUBAR'ed by facts and reality and it's hard to stick around and take yer medicine..

    I get it.. :D

    I predict my comment will get more eyerolls than a valley girl who just discovered puberty.

    Of course it did.. When you spew utter bullshit that contradicts the bullshit you spewed within the same comment..

    It's very :eyeroll: worthy....

    Catch ya next time you are able to man up and take yer medicine like a good little *luser.. :D

    *only in the context of how badly you lost with your Russia Collusion delusion... :D

  27. [27] 
    Michale wrote:

    Liz,

    I am sorry to say that what I predicted is coming to pass...

    Democrat Party purity is taking over from electability...

    And the Party "elites" are eviscerating Joe Biden even though he is the BEST shot that Democrats have to beat President Trump..

    I sometimes hate it when I am right all the time...

  28. [28] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ahhhhhh I get it...

    This entire notion of Hillary was the only part of Trump's.... excuse me.. PRESIDENT Trump's campaign roll out is the sole creation of bullshit from the Daily Beast...

    Now it all makes sense.. If ANYTHING about Democrats makes any kind of sense..

  29. [29] 
    Michale wrote:

    And in the HEHEHEHEHEHE Department..

    'OBJECTION!' Ex-Trump aide Hicks tight-lipped in U.S. House interview

    WASHINGTON, June 19 (Reuters) - Hope Hicks, formerly one of President Donald Trump's closest aides, repeatedly declined to answer questions on Wednesday in an interview with U.S. congressional investigators, with lawyers at her side carefully orchestrating her responses.

    Democrats said Hicks' responses during the eight-hour session to questions from members of the House Judiciary Committee, who want to determine whether her former boss broke the law, were restricted to the point of absurdity.

    Democratic Representative Ted Lieu posted on Twitter what he called a sample exchange, with the questions modified because the content of the interview was private. Lieu's tweet said:

    "Chair: Ms. Hicks, was it a sunny day on your first day of work?

    "Ridiculous DOJ Attorney: OBJECTION!

    "Chair: Where was your office located?

    "Ridiculous DOJ Attorney: OBJECTION!"

    House of Representatives Democrats and Trump have been fighting a running battle for months over their power to investigate him, with aspects of it spilling into the courts.
    http://news.trust.org/item/20190619221224-g2dev

    President Trump has Dumbocrats chasing their tails!! :D

    It's hilarious to watch as President Trump flicks a laser pointer around and the Democrats chase it like dumb cats... :D

  30. [30] 
    Michale wrote:

    Interesting...

    Pelosi rules out Trump censure if House can't impeach him
    https://apnews.com/4e65241777bf4e37afb6dc800ef08abc

    Sorry, JM... You lose again..

    But it's weird... Pelosi rules out impeachment.. Pelosi rules out censure...

    If President Trump is such a threat as ya'all CLAIM he is??

    Why is Pelosi doing her utmost to keep him in office???

  31. [31] 
    Michale wrote:

    Speaking of Occasional Cortex...

    The Problem With Ocasio-Cortez’s Shameful Ignorance Of History
    Most Nazi analogies are profoundly stupid, intellectually lazy, and diminish the suffering of millions.

    https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/18/ocasio-cortezs-shameful-ignorance-history/

    She proves why her name is Occasional Cortex every day....

  32. [32] 
    Michale wrote:

    It's Juneteenth: Let's talk about reparations for slavery
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/18/opinions/reparations-for-slavery-bill-hearing-cohen/index.html

    One of the most dumbest ideas to come out of the Dumbocrat Party.. And THAT says something because the Dumbocrat Party is a font of dumb ideas..

    And what is REALLY ironic??

    (CNN)For 246 years our laws supported a system that made people slaves, divided families, and treated human beings as property. And for nearly 100 after Reconstruction, that dark legacy continued with Jim Crow laws throughout the country.

    And who do we have to THANK for that 100 years of dark Jim Crow laws???

    Yep.. You guessed it..

    The Democrat Party...

    The Democrat Party created the problem and now they want to go full on racist the OTHER direction to "fix" the problem...

    The Democrats are still trying to be slave owners...

    They are just trying to enforce a different type of slavery... :eyeroll:

    'tis sad 'tis true.. 'tis true 'tis sad

  33. [33] 
    Michale wrote:

    Black people don’t need another apology. We need safer neighborhoods and better schools. We need a less punitive criminal justice system. We need affordable health care. And none of these things can be achieved through reparations for slavery...

    Reparations by definition are only given to victims, so the moment you give me reparations, you’ve made me into a victim without my consent. Not just that, you’ve made 1/3 of black Americans who poll against reparations into victims without their consent, and black Americans have fought too long for the right to define themselves to be spoken for in such a condescending manner.
    -Coleman Hughes

    ANYONE who supports slavery reparations is a moron...

    A racist and a moron..

    It's really THAT simple...

  34. [34] 
    Michale wrote:

    But getting back to President Trump's awesome rally...

    Funny stats here..

    When Biden made his announcement, he raked in about 6.3 million the first 24 hours..

    In the 24 hours after Trump's rally, President Trump raked almost 25 million!!

    Clearly, the excitement is with President Trump..

    The DNC is STILL trying to recover from it's insolvency caused by the HUGE and DECIMATING loss of 2016...

    The GOP is awash with campaign cash... :D

    The Democrats are going to be one-legged men (and women) competing in an ass-kicking contest.. :D

  35. [35] 
    Michale wrote:

    As for ideological differences, the Democratic Party is almost certainly not going to have a gigantic rift between moderates and progressives, no matter how hard the mainstream media tries to lean in to this storyline.

    No ideological differences???

    Shirley, you jest..

    The Pelosi wing and the Occasional Cortex wing of the Dumbocrat Party are at each other's throats..

    The impeachment wing and the NO impeachment wing are in full blown war..

    And the racist wing is stomping 10-8 on Biden's ass...

    No ideological differences, my left butt-cheek... :^/

    But, whatever ya'all have to tell yerselves to make it thru the day.. :D

  36. [36] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ahhhhhh I get it...

    This entire notion of Hillary was the only part of Trump's.... excuse me.. PRESIDENT Trump's campaign roll out is the sole creation of bullshit from the Daily Beast...

    Yunno, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense..

    I am not saying I buy into the whole Hillary thing that yer selling..

    But if it WERE to happen, what a grand strategy play it would be!!

    Remind the Dumbocrats, the NeverTrumpers and the Trump/America haters over and over and over again of their humiliating and decimating loss... Really pound it into their psyches how they were brought so high, only to be biatch-slapped and body-slammed to earth by President Trump's historic and heroic win... Remind them again and again how utterly and unequivocally defeated they were...

    "I've heard worse ideas"
    -B'lanna Torres, STAR TREK VOYAGER, Message In A Bottle S04E14

    :D

  37. [37] 
    Michale wrote:

    We are able to have differing opinions on how we best solve problems without having to resort to name calling and insults.
    -ListenWhatYouHear

    “There’s not a racist bone in my body,” Biden said. “I’ve been involved in civil rights my whole career.”

    Speaking on CNN, Booker responded: “I was raised to speak truth to power and that I shall never apologize for doing that. And Vice President Biden shouldn’t need this lesson.”
    https://apnews.com/5b57473cfcda44e4b35c8a40759a26fc

    Apparently... NOT.....

    heh

  38. [38] 
    Michale wrote:

    Joe Biden refused calls to apologize Wednesday for saying that the Senate “got things done” with “civility” even when the body included segregationists with whom he disagreed.

    I hope Joe will stand his ground and not cave like he did with the Hyde Amendment snafu..

    I think he will...

    I think the accusations of racism have really pissed Joe Biden off and he is going to slap down anyone who tries to imply that he is racist...

    Personally speaking??

    Joe Biden may be many things.. And I still haven't forgiven him for his AntiFa terrorists are courageous Americans bullshit..

    But ANYONE who thinks Biden is a racist is either a moron or is playing partisan bullshit games..

    More likely both...

  39. [39] 
    Michale wrote:

    Liz,

    I don't suppose that you could provide a link to exactly what Biden said, could you?

    Since no one here will give you any facts...

    The controversy began at a New York fundraiser Tuesday when Biden pointed to long-dead segregationist senators James Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia to argue that Washington functioned more smoothly a generation ago than under today’s “broken” hyperpartisanship.

    “We didn’t agree on much of anything,” Biden said of the two men, who were prominent senators when Biden was elected in 1972. Biden described Talmadge as “one of the meanest guys I ever knew” and said Eastland called him “son,” though not “boy,” a reference to the racist way many whites addressed black men at the time.

    Yet even in that Senate, Biden said, “At least there was some civility. We got things done.”

    A pile on from Biden’s rivals quickly ensued. Booker said he was disappointed by Biden’s remarks.
    https://apnews.com/5b57473cfcda44e4b35c8a40759a26fc

  40. [40] 
    Michale wrote:

    In honor of GT being 'catted' (I am afraid to ask) here is and interesting cat fact...

    Humans have 5-6 million smell receptors in their noses..

    Cats have over 200 million smell receptors in their noses..

  41. [41] 
    Michale wrote:

    ‘CLEAR MESSAGE’ Iran warns ‘it’s ready for war’ after shooting down US drone as Middle East tensions rise
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9334596/iran-shoots-down-us-spy-drone-tensions-gulf/

    Looks like Iran is just BEGGING to be turned into a parking lot....

  42. [42] 
    Michale wrote:

    Speaking of President Trump having Democrats chase their tails..

    Where are President Trump's tax returns??

    Ya'all swore up and down the Dims would be getting them..

    Where is the full unredacted Mueller report??

    Where is the Barr House testimony??

    Where is the McGahn House testimony??

    Where is the Mueller House testimony???

    Ya'all Dumbocrats PROMISED that Dims would have ALL of this and more..

    Where is it all???

    Oh yea.. That's right... Dumbocrats LOST and President Trump won...

    AGAIN... :D

  43. [43] 
    nypoet22 wrote:
  44. [44] 
    Michale wrote:

    Excellent link, JL...

    Most of it so dead on ballz accurate it's scary..

    Some choice excerpts..

    Democrats will dismiss the speech as lacking ideas and just fearmongering, while reveling in recent polls that have virtually every major primary candidate defeat Donald Trump in 2020, sometimes by a significant margin. They believe the president is weakened by a broad range of issues, including the Mueller report, the treatment of immigrants at the southern border and the various scandals surrounding key cabinet members.

    Remarkably, given the traumatic experience of 2016, many Democrats have still not learned the key lesson of US democracy: elections are not won by passive majorities but by mobilized minorities. And while the passive majority might be with the Democrats, or at least not with Trump, the mobilized minority is. There are (at least) four reasons why, at this moment, Trump is cruising towards re-election.

    Dismissive is EXACTLY what we are seeing here by the commentary and by the comments..

    And I STILL find it amazing that Democrats STILL quote polls considering how utterly contemptibly bad the polls did in 2016....

    I won't even bother pointing out how utterly foolish and moronic it is for Democrats to be heartened by polls 500 days out! That's just ridiculous on TOP of ridiculous..

    Second, Trump has so far delivered to his non-traditional base. The average Republican, commonly referred to as the “moderate Republican”, is still not a fan of President Trump, who is seen as too confrontational and vulgar, but got the one thing they care about: a tax cut. Scared of a “socialist backlash” within the Democratic party, they will come out to protect their new gains by voting Trump.

    As I mentioned, President Trump enjoys REAGAN numbers amongst the GOP..

    ANYONE who thinks that the GOP is going to turn on President Trump is a fool, a moron, ignorant or pushing an agenda... More likely a combination of all 4...

    Hell, a 6-3 Conservative when it comes time to replace RBG will keep the Republican Party firmly behind President Trump..

    Finally, there is the real Trump supporter, the mostly blue-collar and lower-middle-class white voters who want to “build the wall” (nativism) and “drain the swamp” (populism). So far, they have not really gotten what they wanted. The swamp has barely been drained – rather, it has been expanded by corrupt Trump appointees – while, despite all of Trump’s grandstanding, the wall is still mostly a fence-in-building. In short, the real Trump voter is left wanting – as is at times loudly proclaimed by their media voices like Ann Coulter and Tucker Carlson. But where can they go? To the most diverse party in US history? The party of Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Stacey Abrams and Elizabeth Warren?

    But maybe they will stay at home, disappointed? Not really. They have not been betrayed by Trump. He can rightly claim that he has done all he could to keep the wall on the political agenda and push through a brutal anti-immigration agenda. He will claim that he has been “sabotaged” by the “deep state” and their corrupt helpers in Congress (including “weak” Republicans). Hence, he needs a second term to break the last resistance so that can make good on his promises.

    Yep.. When it comes to keeping promises, President Trump has far surpassed ANY US President in history.. The times he has failed to keep his promise can be chalked up to Democrats, NeverTrumpers and hysterical Trump/America haters and their incessant desire to see this country fraked up by opposing these measures..

    All of this is putty in the hands of the Trump campaign, the fourth reason the president is set for re-election. As should be clear by now, Trump actually ran a good campaign in 2016 – clearly much better than Clinton, who misread the rust belt states, among others. Trump has been running a “permanent presidential campaign” since his inauguration, which has picked up financial steam more recently. The campaign has been raking in money by the tens of millions, including from key Republican campaigners and donors who had spurned him in 2016.

    Once again, it's obvious to ANYONE with more than 2 brain cells to rub together and who is NOT pushing an Anti-America Party agenda, that President Trump has the backing of nearly the entire Right Wing..

    Once Dumbocrats start impeachment (and you know they will) then President Trump will have the backing of the vast majority of Independents..

    How Democrats think they can stand up against that??

    Well, they are as delusional as when they believed that Mueller would save them and rid the White House of President Trump... :D

    Thanx for the link... Much Ass Grassy Ass :D

  45. [45] 
    Michale wrote:

    END OF WATCH

    Officer Tara O'Sullivan
    Sacramento Police Department, California
    End of Watch: Monday, June 19, 2019

    https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/1c1f544ea7b54a58eeb922b13ed887fee999c194c40e07aed62a98eda2ef6593.jpg

  46. [46] 
    neilm wrote:

    The real election campaign began a few days ago when Trump fired the pollsters who told him news he didn't want to hear. Firing, or ranting when he can't fire people (e.g. a "bad" Fox News segment) will likely be the norm from here on is.

    It wouldn't surprise me if Trump went into a full blown late stage Lenny Bruce phase and became boring to his base. He bores everybody else - who wants to hear some old rich guy whine about how bad things are for him?

    The "shiny new thing" is always welcome in politics, which is why I'd sooner see a Butteigieg or a Harris than a Biden. We can have an old standby as VP (Warren, Sanders) but not at the top of the ticket.

    New face, new ideas.

    Trump: whiny old guy who only has abuse to offer, supported by losers who think cheering at an insult is patriotic.

  47. [47] 
    Michale wrote:

    The real election campaign began a few days ago when Trump fired the pollsters who told him news he didn't want to hear.

    Actually, the pollster was fired for leaking the information to the press..

    But why let FACTS interrupt a good hysterical hate-filled rant.. :D

    It wouldn't surprise me if Trump went into a full blown late stage Lenny Bruce phase and became boring to his base.

    I probably don't need to remind you how well you are doing with your hysterical hate-filled Trump predictions.... Do I??

    The "shiny new thing" is always welcome in politics, which is why I'd sooner see a Butteigieg or a Harris than a Biden. We can have an old standby as VP (Warren, Sanders) but not at the top of the ticket.

    Bigotry.. Also known as ageism...

    Trump: whiny old guy who only has abuse to offer, supported by losers who think cheering at an insult is patriotic.

    You mean, like Dumbocrats do???

    Funny how you don't care when it comes from the Left, eh? :D

  48. [48] 
    TheStig wrote:

    14,15,16,17,18

    Given the context, I'm pretty certain GT is referring to a house cat submitting an unfinished post. This happens to me every now and then. There are two common ways this can occur.

    Cat Post of the First Kind: The cat directly strikes the send key. Sometimes the cat is actually playing with the keys while the human is distracted (bathroom break, coffee break, phone call) at other times the send key is simply in the path of a cat going as directly as possible from point A to point B (often to escape from or catch another cat).

    Cat Post of the Second Kind: The cat startles the human typist who accidentally strikes the send key. Examples include the cat biting the human's big toe because it is there or jumping into the human's lap without warning, frequently followed by a second cat who chasing the first cat.

    In my experience, Cat Posts of the second kind are the more common. Cat posts can occur on both physical and glass keyboards.

  49. [49] 
    neilm wrote:

    More news from the swamp:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/19/state-department-official-didnt-disclose-ties-boyfriend-russian-agent-maria-butina/

    When your administration is a dumpster fire and your President is a serial liar and complete loser, you just have to take anybody you can, even if they are engaged in $100K transfers of money and friends with convicted Russian spies.

  50. [50] 
    Michale wrote:

    BLASTED OUT THE SKY Iran accused of using FAKE photo to ‘prove’ US drone was over its territory – as America slams ‘unprovoked’ attack
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9337518/us-slams-irans-unprovoked-attack-on-spy-drone-as-it-doubles-down-on-claim-aircraft-was-shot-down-in-international-airspace/

    Iran got busted!!! :D

    On another note, anyone wanna lay bets to whether or not Iran paid for that Surface-To-Air missile with the hundreds of millions of dollars that Odumbo gave to Iran??

  51. [51] 
    Michale wrote:

    When your administration is a dumpster fire and your President is a serial liar and complete loser, you just have to take anybody you can, even if they are engaged in $100K transfers of money and friends with convicted Russian spies.

    Funny how your "facts" comes from the OPINION section of WaPoop...

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

    WaPoop FACTS are bad enough..

    WaPoop opinions!!????

    Looks like it's Neil who is scrapping the bottom of the barrel... :D

  52. [52] 
    Michale wrote:

    I mean, if government officials not disclosing contacts properly is really such a BIG deal with you....

    I'll be happy to list all the Odumbo officials guilty of the same "crime"...

    All of the sudden, you won't care about government officials who don't disclose things properly...

    Thereby proving once again, that it's not the "crime" that bothers you.. It's only another new shiny bludgeon to beat President Trump over the head with...

    As if any more proof is required..

  53. [53] 
    neilm wrote:

    Well Iran shoots down one of our drones over international airspace, and what does "tough man President" Donald "Bone Spurs" Trump do?

    Threatens them on Twitter.

    Bolton and the IRG are playing Trump like a cheap whistle with the help of Israel and Saudi Arabia. It is easy to do, since he painted himself into a corner promising a better deal that the 2015 one, but like all the other deals he rips up, he hasn't a clue what to do.

    Into the vacuum between his ears our enemies pour their plans, and he believes them over our dedicated intelligence community.

  54. [54] 
    neilm wrote:

    Remember, the State Department official in charge of U.S. arms control negotiations with Moscow who "forgot" to mention her ties to Butina is currently in Prague dealing with Putin's crew.

    As I said, this isn't much more than a result of what happens when your administration is seen as career suicide - only the no-hopers like Bolton et al are willing to grab their one chance when they are the scrapings in the barrel.

  55. [55] 
    neilm wrote:

    And the Iranians are spinning up the centrifuges again - what a great step forward we have achieved - Iran and Saudi Arabia are off on a nuclear bomb hunt again, but now we've pissed off all our allies and have no chance of getting China and Russia to put pressure on Iran - nothing both of them would like more than for America to get into another Middle East quagmire.

    Even the looney right wingers are speculating - of course, they have "false flag" conspiracies (the RWNJs seem to see "false flag" incidents around every corner - the paranoia and fear runs strong with them) explaining the oil tanker bombings.

    The real danger is that the gun-ho (I know) crowd will get up-in-arms about Iran and give Bolton, Saudi Arabia, parts of Israel and parts of Iran exactly what they want and Russian and China are quietly cheering for - Trump declaring war on Iran - which he would have to win by the 2020 election, so will not be a well thought out strategy, but a strum und drang caper followed by a big ticker-tape victory parade on Broadway.

  56. [56] 
    Michale wrote:

    Wow...

    So much spewage...

    ZERO facts...

    Trump/America hatred at it's finest...

  57. [57] 
    Michale wrote:

    How many hundreds or thousands of innocent people died due to Odumbo funded missile and terrorist program of Iran's??

    Of course you cheer on Iran against your own country.. Just because you hate the President Of The United States

    #sad

  58. [58] 
    Michale wrote:

    And the Iranians are spinning up the centrifuges again -

    But how can that be!!!???

    Ya'all Dumbocrats have kept saying that Iran was still abiding by the JCPOA..

    NOW you are claiming you were full of shit and they are violating it??

    Jeezus, you people with yer Trump/America hate just can't make up yer minds..!!

  59. [59] 
    Michale wrote:

    Supreme Court upholds cross on public land in Maryland
    https://apnews.com/6157d29563584c35a2adf6a004f89117

    Trump/America haters LOSE again!! :D

  60. [60] 
    Michale wrote:

    Once again, the SCOTUS rules in favor of religious freedom..

    Ya'all sensing the pattern???

  61. [61] 
    Michale wrote:

    WASHINGTON (AP) — A World War I memorial in the shape of a 40-foot-tall cross can continue to stand on public land in Maryland, the Supreme Court ruled Thursday in an important decision about the use of religious symbols in American life.

    The justices, ruling 7-2 in favor of the cross’ backers, said preserving a long-standing religious monument is very different from allowing the building of a new one. The court concluded that the nearly 100-year-old memorial’s presence on a grassy highway median doesn’t violate the First Amendment’s establishment clause, which prohibits the government from favoring one religion over others.

    And it was a 7-2 ruling ta boot!! :D

  62. [62] 
    Paula wrote:

    In other news: https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-police-facebook-scandal-racist-plain-view-project-richard-ross-20190619.html

    Headline: Philadelphia Police Department takes 72 officers off street amid probe into controversial Facebook posts

    During a news conference at Police Headquarters nearly three weeks after advocates published a database cataloging the posts, Ross said that although no officers had yet been disciplined, he expected dozens to face internal consequences and at least several to be fired. He did not identify any by name.

  63. [63] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    57

    How many hundreds or thousands of innocent people died due to Odumbo funded missile and terrorist program of Iran's??

    Ask Obama since he conveniently lives rent free in your head.

    Of course you cheer on Iran against your own country.. Just because you hate the President Of The United States

    Of course, Neil nor anyone else here cheered on Iran against their own country. You can keep making up fake quotes and bullshit that no one ever said, but all you are proving repeatedly is that you're a pathological liar.

    Hate requires passion, and Trump ain't even worthy of that. Besides, if hating the President of the United States makes you an "America hater," then you've outdone everyone on this board 1000 times over. :D

    #Prat

  64. [64] 
    Michale wrote:

    Headline: Philadelphia Police Department takes 72 officers off street amid probe into controversial Facebook posts

    And....?????

  65. [65] 
    Michale wrote:

    Democrats fear Trump, Republicans are making inroads with Hispanic voters in Florida
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article231618473.html

    Yep...

    President Trump has done more for hispanic and black Americans in less than 3 years than Odumbo and the Dumbocrats did in 8 years!!

    And President Trump's rise in approval amongst black and hispanic Americans prove it..

    Between black Americans and hispanic Americans and Independents, Dumbocrats don't stand a chance in 2020...

  66. [66] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Michale [61]: And now, for the rest of the story -

    The ruling was highly unusual because while seven justices agreed that the cross does not violate the establishment clause, they disagreed over its interpretations and applications. Alito wrote the majority opinion, with Justices John Roberts, Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan and Brett Kavanaugh joining only parts of Alito’s opinion. Breyer and Kavanaugh each wrote concurring opinions. Kagan joined Breyer’s opinion, and also wrote a shorter “opinion concurring in part.”
    In addition, Justice Clarence Thomas wrote his own concurring opinion, yet joined another concurring opinion by Justice Neil Gorsuch.
    Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented.

    Sounds to me as though no precedent was set, and the cross was allowed to remain mostly because it had been there for so long.

  67. [67] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    60

    Once again, the SCOTUS rules in favor of religious freedom..

    No, they didn't do that in their decision.

    That the cross originated as a Christian symbol and retains that meaning in many contexts does not change the fact that the symbol took on an added secular meaning when used in World War I memorials. Not only did the Bladensburg Cross begin with this meaning, but with the passage of time, it has acquired historical importance. ~ Justice Alito

    It's the correct decision in my opinion since it would be pointless to scour public lands all across America seeking to remove any cross that might be adorning a memorial to war veterans.

    Ya'all sensing the pattern???

    I'm sensing the pattern that you either don't read things and/or have a reading comprehension problem and that you routinely invent stuff that never happened in order to push particular narratives. :)

  68. [68] 
    Michale wrote:

    Sounds to me as though no precedent was set, and the cross was allowed to remain mostly because it had been there for so long.

    Spin it however you need to, to make it thru your day...

    But the fact remains, that the SCOTUS, in a 7-2 ruling, ruled in favor of religious freedom....

    But, as I said.. Spin it however you wish to soothe your tortured soul.. :D

  69. [69] 
    Michale wrote:

    Sounds to me as though no precedent was set, and the cross was allowed to remain mostly because it had been there for so long.

    Of course it SOUNDS like that to you..

    That's because everything goes thru your Party slave filter...

  70. [70] 
    Michale wrote:

    Forget the polls, rampaging Trump's going to win easily in 2020 unless Democrat ostriches drag their heads out of the sand and wake up to reality
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7163567/PIERS-MORGAN-Trumps-going-win-easily-2020-unless-Democrat-ostriches-drag-heads-sand.html

    Yup, yup, yup......

  71. [71] 
    Paula wrote:

    Another good article by Will Bunch:

    “The big picture that people need to understand is that if someone wants to impact an election, by hacking the voter data base or electronic poll systems then they can impact it by disenfranchising selected people,” Greenhalgh told me. In other words, most conversation around election hacking has focused on whether some bad actor like Russia could get into the tallying computers and change the vote count — and there’s been no evidence that they did (or that they didn’t, for that matter). But now North Carolina’s problems have experts worried that the real interference could come from crashing the poll books or altering addresses or voting histories to cause mass chaos on Election Day.

    https://www.inquirer.com/columnists/attytood/russian-hackers-infiltrated-north-carolina-voting-records-vr-systems-20190620.html

  72. [72] 
    Michale wrote:

    "I watched the whole thing (Trump's Orlando Rally) last night. I know no one wants to waste that kind of time even looking at him, but not wanting to see the enormity of the fight ahead doesn't make it go away. He hasn't lost one inch of his fired-up base. Are u ready?"
    -Michael Moore

    As I said, anyone who thinks that the GOP is going to betray or rein in President Trump is either a moron, ignorant or willfully and unequivocally delusional...

  73. [73] 
    Michale wrote:

    "I watched the whole thing (Trump's Orlando Rally) last night. I know no one wants to waste that kind of time even looking at him, but not wanting to see the enormity of the fight ahead doesn't make it go away. He hasn't lost one inch of his fired-up base. Are u ready?"
    -Michael Moore

    As I said, anyone who thinks that the GOP is going to betray or rein in President Trump is either a moron, ignorant or willfully and unequivocally delusional...

  74. [74] 
    Michale wrote:

    I don't think most Democrats understand the enormity of the fight, let alone be 'ready' for what's coming in 2020.

    They're brimming with the same entitled, arrogant 'we'll beat Trump because he's a moron' nonsense that Hillary spewed throughout the last campaign to catastrophic self-harm.

    They don't really have their own plan to make – or keep! - America great, other than to demonize the President all over again, aided and abetted by a largely liberal media that's lost all sense of impartiality over Trump and just rants hysterically about him 24/7 because a) it makes them feel good and b) it makes them big money.

    So it all feels like déjà vu to me.

    Trump's running the same playbook with the same messaging to the same enthralled base, and his opponents, and the Trump-bashing media, are playing right into his hands all over again.

    The Democrats have just 20 months to sort their own shit out, or what they perceive as the Trump shit show gets another four years.

    Yup, yup, yup...

    That's EXACTLY what is going to happen. We already see it happening here in Weigantia..

    Ya'all cherry pick polls and go OOOOOHHHHH and AAAAAHHHHHH at how good those polls are for ya'all..

    JUST like ya'all did in 2016....

    Then, come Nov 4th 2020, ya'all will be crying in your cheerios and asking HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!!! and start desperately searching around for ANOTHER scapegoat to blame ya'all's loss on...

    Dumbocrats simply cannot do what needs to be done to win against Trump..

    It's really THAT simple...

  75. [75] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    65

    President Trump has done more for hispanic and black Americans in less than 3 years than Odumbo and the Dumbocrats did in 8 years!!

    Then surely you won't mind listing all those things he's specifically done for them that Obama didn't do. I'll wait.

    Perhaps those "very very nice towels" he distributed in Puerto Rico? Maybe the recent firing of a lot of Hispanic Trump employees being investigated by New York State where Trump has been knowingly hiring illegal employees for decades and being sued for the nonpayment of wages just as long?

    https://www.axios.com/trump-organization-illegal-immigrants-a15ff2d9-6906-4208-aefa-1d284c42a7cf.html

    Between black Americans and hispanic Americans and Independents, Dumbocrats don't stand a chance in 2020...

    You said something similar regarding 2018. Reality bites. :)

  76. [76] 
    Michale wrote:

    Supreme Court’s Liberals Join Conservatives to Say 40-Foot Cross Is ‘Secular’

    While the 7-2 result was not as broad as progressives had feared, it still tells every non-Christian they’re living in someone else’s country.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/supreme-court-cross-case-liberals-join-conservatives-to-say-40-foot-monument-is-secular?ref=home

    Apparently, progressives see the SCOTUS 7-2 ruling as a ruling for religious freedom..

    Once again.. Ya'all have your Party slavery delusions...

    And I have the FACTS and reality..

    "And so it goes and so it goes... And so will you soon I suppose.."
    -Billy Joel

  77. [77] 
    Michale wrote:

    Why Are Democrats Such Cowards

    Give War a Chance

    In search of the Democratic Party's fighting spirit
    https://newrepublic.com/article/154113/democratic-party-fighting-spirit-give-war-chance

    Even Left Wing rags lament on what cowards Dumbocrats are...

  78. [78] 
    Michale wrote:

    Trump’s Way To Victory

    Ignore the battlefield prep from the mainstream media – Donald Trump is the odds-on favorite for reelection against whichever weirdo, loser or mutation the Democrats finally pick as their nominee. The leaked polls purportedly showing Trump deep underwater to Floppy Joe and Bernie Stalin and that has-been furry from Texas are about as reliable as the ones the placed Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit in the White House. She’s now stumbling around the woods guzzling from a queen-sized goblet of Trader Joe’s Chardonnay while The Donald is racking up the greatest streak of conservative victories since Ronald Reagan – maybe even Cal Coolidge.
    https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/06/20/trumps-way-to-victory-n2548547

    I love Kurt Schlichter... He's the Right Wing version of CW.. :D

    I love it!!

  79. [79] 
    Michale wrote:

    Electoral College, baby!

    Thank you again, Founders, for the wisdom to set up a system to keep us from being ruled by the freaks in New York City and Scat Francisco!

    I wasn’t a Trump supporter until he beat my guy Cruz. He earned my support by keeping his promises and running up the score. But my assessment of his chances is objective, not subjective. The competition is going to get crushed. That’s a fact.

    Scat Francisco!!! Hehehehehehehehehehe I love it!!!! :D

  80. [80] 
    Michale wrote:

    https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb190620cd20190619090843.jpg

    Yerp... That's what it's gonna be like for Democrats.. :D

  81. [81] 
    Michale wrote:

    https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz061919dAPR20190619064507.jpg

    And THIS is reality for Iran.. :D

    "Go ahead.. Make my day!"

  82. [82] 
    Michale wrote:
  83. [83] 
    Michale wrote:

    And for those who love to swear by polls..

    https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/afb061819dAPR20190618024508.jpg

    Who better to explain the folly than Hillary Clinton herself... :D

  84. [84] 
    Michale wrote:

    Whew!! Keeping ya'all apprised of FACTS and reality is hard work...

    I need a beer!! :D

  85. [85] 
    Michale wrote:

    Calif. Begins Removing 5 Million Inactive Voters on Its Rolls
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/06/20/calif_begins_removing_5_million_inactive_voters_on_its_rolls__140602.html

    Hmmmmmm Isn't that just what Stacy Abrams accused the Governor of Georgia of doing and thereby "STEALING" the GA Governor race???

    Ironically enough, Kemp only did what he did to follow the law the DUMBOCRATS created...

    What IS it about Dumbocrats who create laws and then whine and cry and scream hysterically when the laws don't work out like the Dumbocrats want???

  86. [86] 
    Michale wrote:

    The system also suffered from a serious cyberattack during the middle of its botched 2018 rollout by what appeared to be hackers in Croatia. Padilla’s office did not disclose the hack until media reports exposed it earlier this year, months after the 2018 general election.

    Oh, that explains why Dumbocrats won in 2018...

    Croatian hackers.. :eyeroll:

  87. [87] 
    neilm wrote:

    Well Trump told everybody Iran just made a boo-boo, so all is fine.

    Looks like Iran can attack oil tankers, shoot down our military assets in international airspace, and all we get from ole bone spurs is a few tweets.

    This isn't a surprise - the minute Trump ripped up the Iran agreement we all knew that this was going to get hotter and hotter with no face saving way out because our ex-allies weren't interested in a redo of the Iran deal with Trump's name on it, but otherwise the same (like NAFTA).

    Hotheads in the White House and Iran are both itching for a war, and Trump isn't smart enough to see what is in front of his face.

    If he was smart, he'd fire Bolton without any comment or explanation as a warning to the warmongers.

    Trump isn't smart.

  88. [88] 
    Michale wrote:

    Well Trump told everybody Iran just made a boo-boo, so all is fine.

    You really are a piece of work, yunno that Neil??

    You have spent the last day or so ripping on President Trump, how he is going off the deep end and is going to start WWIII....

    Then, when President Trump downplays the act, you SLAM him for that...

    If there was ever any doubt that you are ruled by your Trump/America hate, this puts that doubt to rest...

    Trump isn't smart.

    And yet, he has kicked the shit out of Hillary and you Dumbocrats for the last 4 years...

    So, if he ain't smart, that makes YOU people the dumbest ones on the planet..

    Because ya'all ***ALWAYS*** lose to President Trump..

  89. [89] 
    Michale wrote:

    Don't worry, Neil..

    You will get your Iran strike..

    U.S. Expected to Strike Back for Iran’s Downing of Drone
    Trump: ‘Iran made a big mistake’

    https://freebeacon.com/national-security/u-s-expected-to-strike-back-for-irans-downing-of-drone/

    Then you can go back to claiming President Trump is a hothead...

    It's pretty much safe to ignore anything you say..

    Because it's always a noun, a verb and HATE TRUMP!!!

    Very one dimensional...

    That's the sad thing about commenters here.. With a VERY few exceptions, they are a caricature of the Party slave...

    Very one dimensional without an iota of independent thought..

  90. [90] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    76

    Apparently, progressives see the SCOTUS 7-2 ruling as a ruling for religious freedom..

    It was ever so nice of you to prove my point. So then, that basically makes you just another "Person A" who agrees with "progressives" when it suits your narrative.

    But if Person A attacks you and calls you a bunch of vile names, but then turns around and slaps you on the back and embraces you when you say something that Person A wants to hear...???

    Well, it seems to me Person A lacks any thing to speak of in the credibility department.. ~ Michale

    Once again.. Ya'all have your Party slavery delusions...

    I still don't belong to any Party and never will, but you actually just agreed with the "progressives" and then turned right around and referred to them as having "delusions."

    And I have the FACTS and reality..

    Are you referring to your newfound "woke" reality wherein you agree with "progressives" or the reality where you refer to them on a regular basis using a "bunch of vile names"?

    This is some epic flailing on your part, but thanks so much for proving that you "lack anything to speak of in the credibility department."

    Your friends the "progressives" also see Donald Trump as many various assorted and horrible things, and applying the same nonsensical logic you're applying here in order to fit your narrative, Donald Trump is therefore a:

    * Giant Orange Prick
    * Fat Bastard
    * Nazi Lover Claiming "Good People on Both Sides"
    * Big Fat Diapered Baby Full of Hot Air with a Mobile Phone

    And the list goes on and on and on practically ad infinitum.

    "And so it goes and so it goes... And so will you soon I suppose.."
    -Billy Joel

    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/billy-joel-star-of-david-donald-trump/

    Remember Billy Joel's anti-Trump demonstration at Madison Square Garden? He wore a Star of David in protest of Nazi Lover Trump. Good form. :)

  91. [91] 
    Michale wrote:

    Oregon governor sends police to find missing Republicans, bring them to Capitol
    https://tinyurl.com/y3hzj8tb

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHA :D

    Now THAT's funny...

  92. [92] 
    Michale wrote:

    Hay CW...

    Wordpress doesn't like OREGON and LIVE in a URL....

    Just FYR....

  93. [93] 
    neilm wrote:

    You can see why the Iranians are "so darn defensive":

    Here is a map to 45 U.S. military bases surrounding them on three sides, plus the drone they shot down isn't a little one that goes buzz and takes pics of your house, it is the size of a 737 passenger jet.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/iran-surrounded-by-us-military-bases-2011-12

    Trump isn't smart enough to be allowed to play soldiers in the Middle East. I genuinely think he isn't interested in a war, but he is also very emotional. If Iran and the Bolton crowd put him in a humiliating position (and he is basically helping them do so) he will choose "looking tough" (bone spurs and all) over making a sensible decision.

  94. [94] 
    neilm wrote:

    So to the "Party ahead of Country" crowd (you know who I'm talking about Michale), I'm not only putting country ahead of party when I urge Trump to avoid being put in a position where he has to go to war with Iran, it would also aid his chances in 2020.

    A war with Iran would be deeply unpopular. Trump made a big deal about ripping up the Iran treaty, and he also hired Bolton and Pompeo, so he can't point to anybody else to place the blame (he will of course, because in his eyes he is always the victim).

  95. [95] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Kick [from prev. article, post 98]

    I explained that I could speak French, and off we went to Europe! The United Kingdom, Paris, Normandy and several points in between. I then sent them home and stayed a bit longer. It was awesome! :)

    That sounds like an incredible trip! I cannot imagine how moving it must have been for that man to return 75 years after living through that horrific battle. To know that he played a pivotal role in securing our freedom and way of life... I hope he realizes just how grateful we are! Thank you for your service to our service members.

    Glad to have ya back!

    Russ

  96. [96] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Kick,

    Thought you might get a kick out of this...

    While you were gone, I got Michale to admit that he isn’t interested in debating actual events, he is only here to troll:

    But, as usual, my comments are NOT a judgment on the actions of Odumbo OR President Trump..

    My comments are on the fact that ya'all's condemnations are totally and completely one sided...

  97. [97] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Michale [77]

    I hate articles where the author arrives at his main point —Democrats won’t call out their “enemies” by name — only by completely dismissing every time Democrats have called out their “enemies” by name.

    And why would you promote a position that calls for Democrats to refuse to compromise with Republicans in order to pass much needed legislation? You are literally calling for people to be controlled by partisan doctrine!

  98. [98] 
    Michale wrote:

    Neil,

    You can see why the Iranians are "so darn defensive":

    Why are you defending Iran?? Your country's enemy, the number one state sponsor of terrorism and the country that wants to wipe Israel off the map?

    Why would you support THAT country against your own country??

    Do you hate President Trump THAT much??

    Don't need to answer that. It's rhetorical..

  99. [99] 
    Michale wrote:

    Michale [77]

    You'll have to quote what you are referring to Russ..

  100. [100] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    96

    Thought you might get a kick out of this...

    While you were gone, I got Michale to admit that he isn’t interested in debating actual events, he is only here to troll:


    But, as usual, my comments are NOT a judgment on the actions of Odumbo OR President Trump..

    My comments are on the fact that ya'all's condemnations are totally and completely one sided...

    I spent Friday morning catching up for about an entire month's worth of posts, and I saw that many times. Spew alert!

    His comments are "NOT" a judgment on the actions of Obama or Trump. Who on this blog does he think he's fooling? While I believe wholeheartedly that he's fooled himself, I would wager there isn't another person on this blog who is ignorant enough to believe that nonsense.

    So to recap:

    * His comments are not a judgment on the actions of Obama or Trump... as usual. ---> *laughs* So then, his reading comprehension problems extend to his own posts.

    * His comments are on the fact that other posters condemnations are totally and completely one sided. ---> So he's here to discuss other people, make up fake quotes, and post misinformation. So if he had any self-awareness at all, wouldn't he be keenly aware that being here to condemn other posters over and over ad nauseam using the same repetitive spew over and over is about as "one sided" as it gets?

    You nailed it, Russ! He's just here to troll.

    How pathetic is that? :)

Comments for this article are closed.