ChrisWeigant.com

Trump Flim-Flam Act Wearing Thin

[ Posted Tuesday, June 11th, 2019 – 16:49 UTC ]

Donald Trump has one go-to tactic in what passes for his political toolbox: personally create a crisis, rail loudly about it and make threats, and then "solve" the crisis and claim it was the biggest victory of all time. He's used this tactic over and over again, and he really doesn't care who pays the price for his political flim-flam job -- Dreamers, farmers, manufacturers, consumers, or anyone else. But an interesting thing just happened with his most recent deployment of flim-flammery: absolutely nobody bought it this time around. The media didn't fall for it and the public certainly didn't fall for it. Maybe this boy has cried "Wolf!" once too many? Because it certainly feels like something has changed.

Perhaps it was the constricted time scale which helped usher in this newfound skepticism. The entire "crisis" only took place over roughly one week's time, from beginning to end. Usually Trump counts on people forgetting that he personally caused the crisis in the first place, which (if successful, especially in the media) allows him to focus everyone's attention on his "solution" to the crisis (which usually consists of some form of going back to the status quo ante). But when the whole charade happens within a single week, it's downright impossible not to remember what (and who) started it.

Trump, as is his wont, was upset about what he was seeing on the teevee news. So he decided to change the subject and focus all the attention on himself once again. He then threatened a series of tariffs on all Mexican goods, starting at five percent and climbing to 25 percent. He set a deadline of June 10. Then he ran his usual playbook, ranting against the biased media and all his usual slings and arrows of misfortune. Mexico, according to Trump, had to immediately halt all those immigrants who are showing up at our southern border. If they didn't do so, the tariffs would start.

Trump did succeed, once again, in distracting the media with his new shiny, shiny object. Hours were spent discussing the ramifications and fallout of a tariff on Mexican goods. Denunciations flew in every direction. Contradictory statements were put out by the White House (and by Trump himself), leaving nobody sure of what they were even trying to achieve. Experts were interviewed. Lobbyists chimed in. But one unexpected result was how strong a pushback Trump got from within his own party. Senate Republicans were threatening Trump with a veto-proof vote overriding this new tariff. That's new. Which is why it was fairly easy to predict that Trump would back off in the end, find some way to declare victory, and put the issue behind him.

This weekend, Trump tried to do so. With much fanfare, he announced that Mexico had agreed to a sweeping new deal, and that because they had kowtowed to him, he would be letting them off the hook and not instituting the new tariff at the present time. A great foreign policy victory had been achieved, and all credit should flow to Trump as a result.

Except that's not exactly what happened this time around. It has indeed worked this way for Trump in past self-created "crises," but this time people essentially just laughed at Trump's antics, perhaps with a bemused: "There he goes again."

Within hours, the newspapers were reporting that Trump's new deal was not, in fact, new. It was merely a collection of things Mexico had previously agreed to, wrapped up in a different package for maximum political impact. But Mexico hadn't agreed to anything they hadn't previously already agreed to.

Trump responded to this skepticism by reverting to absolute fantasy (that's a polite way of saying "makin' stuff up"). First, he bragged that Mexico had agreed to buy lots of farm produce. The Mexicans, when asked, had no idea what Trump was talking about, since they had not reached any agricultural trade deal at all. The White House refused to provide anything to back up Trump's bizarre and unhinged claim. So Trump moved on to referring to a "secret deal" that he swore Mexico had signed, but that he wasn't allowed to make public right now. Mexico also contradicted this notion, but Trump's still trying to sell it to anyone who will listen.

Trump is, quite obviously, flailing impotently. He is reduced to such a state by the fact that this time, his flim-flam didn't work. "Mexico Avoids Crisis Of Tariffs" isn't going to be the lead headline when everyone knows full well that the threat of these tariffs didn't exist two weeks ago. Perhaps if Trump had set a longer deadline, the media would have pretended to forget that Trump himself precipitated the "crisis" in the first place, but with such a whirlwind schedule, it was impossible to deny that the whole thing was nothing short of political theater played out on the world's stage by one man and one man alone.

This won't be the last time Trump pulls some sort of antic with Mexico and immigration, that much seems certain. Trump is convinced that the issue that he thinks won him the presidency the first time around will win him a second term. This is probably not true, at least if the 2018 midterms were any indication. The country has grown tired of Trump ranting about immigrants, plainly. Fearmongering just doesn't have the potency it once had. Maybe this is due to Trump's abject failure to do much of anything about the problem at all. His wall is not being built, and people keep streaming in no matter what he tries to do at the border. But because Trump is still convinced that this is the big winning issue for him, we should expect a whole lot more of these stunts between now and November of next year.

At least it is a healthy sign that people are beginning to wake up to the flim-flam job, though. If threats from Trump start becoming the punchline of jokes, then these attempts to con America will have far less impact as time goes on. We'll all go through the motions, but with lots of snark and eyerolling. "Trump Creates New Crisis" will become the lead headline (and not "Trump Solves Crisis") on a much more regular basis. Because we're all beginning to notice that things are pretty much exactly the same after one of these self-inflicted non-crises as they were before Trump began his flim-flam act. And that is indeed progress, of a sort.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

44 Comments on “Trump Flim-Flam Act Wearing Thin”

  1. [1] 
    Paula wrote:

    Re: the flim-flam - it's about time! He's so obvious!

  2. [2] 
    Paula wrote:

    In other news, and I'm actually surprised, today Liz Warren won the DailyKos Straw poll, which runs every two weeks. She won the very first one months ago; Bernie won every single one since until today. He won them all the time in the 2016 cycle - there's a very dedicated Sanders group at DKOS. Usually they get the notice the poll is up and flood it. For whatever reason they didn't today.

    Warren: 34%
    Sanders: 25%
    Biden: 12%
    Buttigieg: 10%
    Harris: 7%
    Everyone else including "not sure": 2% or less.

    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/6/11/1863974/-Daily-Kos-Democratic-Straw-Poll-It-s-hot-and-it-s-really-summer-edition

  3. [3] 
    Paula wrote:

    57,575 people voted!

  4. [4] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Good luck to them!

  5. [5] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Sorry about that. That was my inner voice - it just came out. Lately, it's been tough keeping it down.

  6. [6] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    "Not Sure" did do a good job as president in Idiocracy.

    Is it possible that 2% of respondents are not aware it was a movie?

  7. [7] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Maybe this boy has cried "Wolf!" once too many?

    On the night Trump was elected president, my first thought of note was that it was going to be hard to trust anything that future President Trump would say.

    The president hasn't yet been confronted with a major international crisis with aspects of war and peace. And, I hope he never does.

    Because, if there emerges a national or international scenario where the president of the United States must make an urgent and critical decision, how can he expect to receive the support of the American people, first and foremost, but also of the international community, should that become necessary if his word cannot be trusted?

    I shudder to think of the outcomes ...

  8. [8] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    his word cannot be trusted

    It's sad, but true. Allies can't depend on him. Hell, his own wife can't depend on him.

    But he'll do bunches of pardons as he leaves office. Depend on that.

  9. [9] 
    Michale wrote:

    Within hours, the newspapers were reporting that Trump's new deal was not, in fact, new. It was merely a collection of things Mexico had previously agreed to, wrapped up in a different package for maximum political impact. But Mexico hadn't agreed to anything they hadn't previously already agreed to.

    Not factually accurate..

    But then again, why am I not surprised..

    That's ya'all's "go-to" gig.. Gobble up the NY GRIME bullshit and treat it as fact.. :eyeroll:

  10. [10] 
    Michale wrote:

    Trump is, quite obviously, flailing impotently.

    It's only "obvious" from those suffering from HHPTDS...

    As to the rest of America??

    They love it that Mexico is finally going to do something on THEIR side of the border to stop the illegal immigrant criminals (I know.. redundant) from causing harm to Americans..

    And, apparently, this is reflecting in President Trump's poll numbers..

    That's just GOTTA hurt... :D

  11. [11] 
    Michale wrote:

    So, here we have this "threat" to Americans..

    This "flim-flam artist" as President..

    And yet, Democrats aren't even "close" to starting impeachment..

    So, if President Trump is really such a "threat" and a con-man and if the Democrats have a DUTY to impeach but aren't even CLOSE to even STARTING impeachment...

    The *ONLY* logical and rational conclusion is that President Trump isn't ANY of the things that ya'all and the Dumbocrats say he is..

    If President Trump was such a threat, Dumbocrats would put Country before Party and go forth with impeachment..

    The fact that Dumbocrats are putting Party before Country PROVES that President Trump is not the things Dumbocrats says he is..

    "Simple logic"
    -Admiral James T. Kirk

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    Mini-AOC is back!!!! :D

    https://twitter.com/miniAOCofficial/status/1138435421145223174

    This kid is hilarious and nails the utter brainless-ness of Occasional Cortex...

  13. [13] 
    Michale wrote:

    But he'll do bunches of pardons as he leaves office. Depend on that.

    Funny how you didn't complain about the "bunches" of pardons that Clinton and Odumbo did...

    Why is that??

    Oh yea.. That's right.. THEY have -Ds after their names so they get a pass..

    More proof that it's ALL about the '-D' or '-R' after a person's name..

    Nothing else matters.. :eyeroll:

  14. [14] 
    Michale wrote:

    Allies can't depend on him.

    Of course, the FACTS say different..

    Blue State Blues: Trump Has Improved Relations with Every U.S. Ally

    Look, instead, at the relationships between governments.

    Start with Israel, where Obama made a deliberate effort to create “distance” between our government and theirs. Today Donald Trump is a hero to Israelis for affirming their sovereignty in Jerusalem and the Golan Heights. Israel’s Arab neighbors, including our Saudi allies, are also grateful for Trump’s backing against Iran.

    Or take Japan, where President Trump concluded a very successful visit last week. To be sure, there are differences between the two countries on issues like North Korea and trade. Yet President Trump and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe have forged a close friendship.

    Trump drove a hard bargain on trade with South Korea, but reached an agreement that benefited both nations, and has done more than any U.S. president since Eisenhower to bring peace to the peninsula. He has won praise from the Philippines for standing up to China, and from India for his willingness to cut off aid to Pakistan due to the latter’s support for radical Islamic terror groups.

    In Canada, Trump has feuded with Justin Trudeau — but also forged the new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement on trade. And Trump has found new allies in a Latin America that is rejecting the left — in Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, and elsewhere.

    In Europe, President Trump has restored our close bonds with the former communist nations — ties that Obama strained when he abandoned missile defense and allowed Russia to invade Ukraine. He has succeeded in increasing member nations’ contributions to NATO. In Britain, Italy, and elsewhere, Trump has made common cause with nations that are embracing the principle of national sovereignty.

    France presents a more complicated picture. Trump irritated the French — and the American left — by withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accords (even though many who backed that agreement now admit it is meaningless). But he has also reached out to embrace the French, hosting the French president for his first state dinner.
    https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/06/07/blue-state-blues-trump-has-improved-relations-with-every-u-s-ally-except-germany/

    So... On the one hand, we have your hysterical Trump/America hate...

    And on the other hand, we have FACTS....

    Hmmmmm Which to believe.. Hmmmmmmm

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    And, as to the current subject...

    We have ya'all's hysterical BS from the NY GRIME...

    That’s because almost none of the stuff peddled by the left-leaning media over the weekend is true. So let’s examine their claims, and clear the air.

    Claim 1: The negotiations yielded nothing new.

    False. The New York Times led the charge here, claiming that everything Mexico agreed to do had been hammered out months ago.

    But if it were already a done-deal, why did Mexico feel the need to rush a high-level delegation to D.C. and plunge into marathon talks with Vice President Pence and other U.S. negotiators?

    In fact, those intense talks produced two new and extremely important commitments: Mexico’s agreement to hit specific, measurable goals and put serious manpower to the task.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/james-carafano-trump-mexico-deal-tariffs-immigration

    And then we have the FACTS.....

    Basically what happened is Trump found a new way to force Mexico to get the lead out and quit fiddle-farting around..

    Sure some of these items have been DISCUSSED before... But Mexico NEVER agreed to them and NEVER gave a firm commitment to them....

    NOW Mexico has...

    And if they fall back to their fiddle-fart ways??

    Well, as we have seen... President Trump can impose tariff's at the drop of a dime..

    No, what happened here, is Trump...er.. sorry.. PRESIDENT Trump has accomplished something awesome for this country and will have real and meaningful benefits for this country..

    And the NY Grime (and ya'all incidentally) just CAN'T let President Trump (and this country, incidentally) have this win..

    As usual, the HHPTDS induced BS will fail..

    REAL patriotic Americans know the score....

    And THEY and President Trump AND this country....???

    WINNING :D

  16. [16] 
    Michale wrote:

    shades of Groundhog Day..

    Did ya'all want to talk about President Trump's HUGE win over Mexico??

    Or were ya'all just makin' chit chat???

    :D

  17. [17] 
    Michale wrote:

    Now that we see how... compliant.... Mexico is when threatened with tariffs...

    President Trump can use the threat of tariffs to open up Mexico's wallet to pay for the Southern Border barrier.... :D

    Gods, President Trump is such a GENIUS!!! :D

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    On the night Trump was elected president, my first thought of note was that it was going to be hard to trust anything that future President Trump would say.

    That's funny.. I had the same thought if the impossible (for me) happened and Hillary was elected POTUS... :D

    The president hasn't yet been confronted with a major international crisis with aspects of war and peace. And, I hope he never does.

    Oh come now.. According to the Trump/America haters, every time President Trump farts he is threatening an international crisis with aspects of war and peace...

    President Trump has been tested many times in Syria and Iran and Venezuela and he has always made it so America comes out on top..

    According to the hysterical Trump/America haters (including many here) President Trump was going to incite WWIII within 6 months of taking office..

    THAT did not happen... At least have the courtesy to give credit where credit is due..

    Because, if there emerges a national or international scenario where the president of the United States must make an urgent and critical decision, how can he expect to receive the support of the American people, first and foremost,

    He HAS the support of the American people.. Just not the Trump/America haters.. And THEY wouldn't support President Trump no matter WHAT he did.. He could resign from office and THEY would still attack him and his family unmercifully...

    It's called "hate" and they are full of it..

    Make no mistake.. President Trump has the support of the American people.. Just not the haters..

    I shudder to think of the outcomes ...

    So far, the outcomes have been pretty good.. At least for America...

    But yer right.. With President Trump constantly WINNING on the domestic and international stages??

    The outcomes haven't been good for the Democrats, the Never Trumpers and the Trump/America haters...

    But they all hate, so I really don't care what the they think or what causes THEM grief.. THEY have earned that grief...

  19. [19] 
    Michale wrote:

    Dem committees win new powers to investigate Trump
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/448001-dem-committees-win-new-powers-to-investigate-trump

    Once again, Democrats give Congress new powers to attack a GOP'er in the White House....

    Totally IGNORING the fact that those powers will be used by the GOP if there is ever a Dem in the White House...

    Why is it that Democrats are ALWAYS so short-sighted???

    I mean, they got rid of the filibuster for judicial nominees...

    How did that work out for them???

    A soon-to-be 6-3 Conservative court and a Judicial branch that is 60% in favor of President Trump...

    The shortsightedness of Dumbocrats NEVER ceases to amaze me..

  20. [20] 
    Michale wrote:

    Savannah Guthrie, Lester Holt, Chuck Todd, Rachel Maddow and José Diaz-Balart will moderate the debate,

    BBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Now THAT's funny!! :D

  21. [21] 
    Michale wrote:

    The stock market is closing in on its all-time high. Here’s what could clinch it
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/11/the-stock-market-is-closing-in-on-its-all-time-high-heres-what-could-clinch-it.html

    So... This is GOOD economic news... That means, according to ya'all, it's Odumbo's doing..

    If it's BAD economic news... Then it's Trump's fault..

    It's hard to keep it all straight.. :D

    No, not really.. I can't back that up...

    If it's good, Odumbo is responsible..

    If it's bad... President Trump is responsible..

    Easy peasy, lemon squeeze...

  22. [22] 
    Michale wrote:

    The prevailing question became, "Can Biden be beaten?"

    Well, he's still the front-runner. But after his last, shambling week, the new question is "Can Biden hang on?"
    (Both questions are a little foolish at this stage but, hey, it's what we do!)

    The former VP and his campaign sowed new doubts with their clumsily shifting answers on the fundamental issue of federal funding of abortion.

    To review, Biden had long supported the Hyde Amendment, a provision in federal law barring the use of federal funds for abortion. He was not alone. Many Democrats have concurred with Hyde, albeit reluctantly, if only to forestall more drastic restrictions.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/opinions/for-front-runner-biden-bad-week-or-ominous-omen-axelrod/index.html

    Democrat drama... On every channel, every day, every hour... :D

  23. [23] 
    Michale wrote:

    END OF WATCH

    Deputy Sheriff Julius Dailey
    Monroe County Sheriff's Office, Alabama
    End of Watch: Tuesday, June 11, 2019

    Sergeant David Fitzpatrick
    The Colony Police Department, Texas
    End of Watch: Monday, June 10, 2019

    Police Officer Esmeralda Ramirez
    Los Angeles Police Department, California
    End of Watch: Sunday, June 9, 2019

    https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/1c1f544ea7b54a58eeb922b13ed887fee999c194c40e07aed62a98eda2ef6593.jpg

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    Remember when ya'all condemned Candidate Trump for claiming he will prosecute Hillary Clinton and "lock her up" if he is elected POTUS??

    Kamala Harris: If elected, my DOJ would have 'no choice' but to prosecute Trump
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-if-president-doj-would-have-no-choice-but-to-charge-trump

    I am sure ya'all will make the same condemnation here, right??

    "Oh... er.. well.. Uh... THAT'S different!!"
    -Weigantian Peanut Gallery

    Yea.. I know.. It's ALWAYS "different" when it's a Dumbocrat on the hook... :eyeroll:

  25. [25] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    CW-
    You seem to be able to point out when Trump is playing the shell game, and even when some Democrats play the shell game as in FTP and the Dems that had big money fundraisers.

    But why just point out those perpetrating the shell game?

    Pointing out Trump, Republicans and Dems playing the shell game is kind of pointless and is in fact a deception when you ignore that the big money Democrats are playing three card monty by not running small donor campaigns while pretending their small contribution campaigns are small donor campaigns.

    It's the same game using different tools.

    The question is whether you are being suckered by those perpetrating the three card monty game or the guy that "wins" that is working with the deceiver to make it look legitimate.

  26. [26] 
    Michale wrote:

    Trump asserts executive privilege to block access to census documents
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/12/trump-asserts-executive-privilege-to-block-access-to-census-documents-1361784

    OMG!!!!!!!

    President Trump is OBAMA on steroids!!!! :D

    Hilarious!!!!

    Dumbocrats will become even MORE hysterical now!!! :D

  27. [27] 
    TheStig wrote:

    My own google search indicates "flim flam" is used as fairly mild term that is widely applied to both Presidents Personalities and their Policies. Trump is not particularly unique in that respect.

    Googling Trump "flim flam" results in 68K results, Obama

  28. [28] 
    Michale wrote:

    My own google search indicates "flim flam" is used as fairly mild term that is widely applied to both Presidents Personalities and their Policies. Trump is not particularly unique in that respect.

    Googling Trump "flim flam" results in 68K results, Obama

    Good catch.. :D

  29. [29] 
    TheStig wrote:

    OH crap the cat just posted for me. I'll start again

    ..... Obama gives 52K. Not a big difference

    Trump Grifter search pulls in 410 K, Obama Grifter 213K That's a substantial difference and grifter is a harsher term roughly to swindling. Still, this just points out that politics is a contact sport.

    However, if you look at the number of pages displayed, the differences are more apparent. "Grifter Trump" gets you 9 pages of links. Grifter Obama just two. Bush, unspecified as to which one, gets two as well. As do Clinton and Reagan. Carter and Ford each get one.

    Make of that what you will.

  30. [30] 
    Michale wrote:

    Trump Grifter search pulls in 410 K, Obama Grifter 213K That's a substantial difference

    Not really..

    When you take into account that Google's algrythims have a HUGE Left Wing bias...

    Use a search engine that has no political bias and you'll likely see comparable results..

    However, if you look at the number of pages displayed, the differences are more apparent. "Grifter Trump" gets you 9 pages of links. Grifter Obama just two. Bush, unspecified as to which one, gets two as well. As do Clinton and Reagan. Carter and Ford each get one.

    Make of that what you will.

    What do YOU make of it??

    I see two factors at work..

    The more recent examples are the most descriptive..

    And HHPTDS certainly plays a part..

    Democrats hate President Trump 20x more than Righties hated Odumbo..

  31. [31] 
    Michale wrote:

    OH crap the cat just posted for me.

    Yer cat is obviously unbiased and objective..

    :D Heh

  32. [32] 
    TheStig wrote:

    OK, the cat has been banished from the office.

    One interesting difference between Trump and Obama is that if you change the search term to:

    Trump family "flim flam"

    Google offers up a blue arrow suggesting more related searchs:

    trump news

    trump tax records

    trump business model

    trump industries

    new york times trump tax returns

    new york times trump article

    new yorker magazine trump

    trump business news

    This does not occur for an Obama Family "flim flam" search. I find that to be rather revealing. There is shallow flim flam and much deeper flim flam.

  33. [33] 
    Michale wrote:

    Google offers up a blue arrow suggesting more related searchs:

    Exactly.. See how biased and anti-Trump the algorithm is??

    If you want credible results, you simply can't use Google...

    Thank you for proving my point for me..

  34. [34] 
    Michale wrote:

    Comic interlude...

    Two rednecks are enjoying a meal at a local restaurant..

    The lady in the next booth starts to choke on a piece of meat.. One of the rednecks go over to the lady... "Got something thar ya can't swallow??" the redneck asks...

    The lady nods her head frantically and starts choking more..

    "Can't breath at all??" the redneck asks.... The lady frantically shakes her head and starts turning blue..

    The redneck grabs the lady, spins her around, bends her over the table.... He pulls down her dress, pulls down her underwear and licks the lady on her right butt cheek....

    The lady is so shocked by the, she exhales a massive breath the obstruction flies out of her mouth and she starts gulping in huge amounts of air...

    The redneck helps the lady to her seat, takes a small bow and returns to his table where his buddy remarks.. "Yunno.. I never thought that HIND LICK MANEUVER would actually ever work, but darned if it doesn't!"

    Baa daaa da

  35. [35] 
    Michale wrote:

    Comic Interlude Part 2

    There were a few people waiting for a bus.. As the bus pulls up, the lady in front tries to step up, but her skirt is too tight. Embarrassed she reached behind her and unzipped her skirt.. She tried again to step up and her skirt was still too tight.. VERY embarrassed, she again reached behind her and unzipped the skirt a little more.. SHe once again tried to take the step up and once again, her skirt was too tight.. So REALLY embarrassed, she again reached behind her and undid the zipper a little more and tried to step up in to the bus... At this point a big burly Texan behind her put his hands around her waste and easily lifted her up into the bus... The lady exploded at the good-Samaritan and yelled, "HOW DARE YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME!!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!!!" The Texan grinned and said, "Well, hell, Ma'am.. I figured after you unzipped my fly for the third time, we were right good friends..."

    Baa Daaaa Da :D

  36. [36] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Only Michale could boast that he is offering FACTS by posting from an article that states in its’ link that it came from “FoxNews.com/opinion”!

    President Trump is OBAMA on steroids!!!! :D

    Is that why his tux didn’t fit him when he ate with the Royals? Holy crap, I am guessing that tux was made to fit someone that ACTUALLY weighs 235#... Trump doesn’t seem to realize that if you aren’t working out hard (or at all), all that steroids will do is cause you to bloat while killing your kidneys...which also explains his orange glow.

  37. [37] 
    Michale wrote:

    Is that why his tux didn’t fit him when he ate with the Royals? Holy crap, I am guessing that tux was made to fit someone that ACTUALLY weighs 235#... Trump doesn’t seem to realize that if you aren’t working out hard (or at all), all that steroids will do is cause you to bloat while killing your kidneys...which also explains his orange glow.

    WOW..

    Fat shaming and skin color bigotry, all in one post..

    Sadly, it's the kind of hate-mongering I have come to expect from most everyone here.. :^/

    Only Michale could boast that he is offering FACTS by posting from an article that states in its’ link that it came from “FoxNews.com/opinion”!

    I never said THAT particular comment was fact.. It was, obviously, an opinion....

    But maybe not so obvious to someone consumed by Trump/America hate....

  38. [38] 
    Michale wrote:

    But if you WANT to talk of facts..

    Chief Justice John Roberts is about to show his cards
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/politics/chief-justice-john-roberts-supreme-court-june/index.html

    Dumbocrats are going to find themselves in a WORLD of hurt over the coming weeks.. :D

  39. [39] 
    Michale wrote:

    REVEALED: TWO MORE GOOGLE BLACKLISTS DESIGNED TO REMOVE ‘FRINGE DOMAINS’ AND OP-EDS FROM SPECIAL SEARCH RESULTS
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/11/revealed-two-google-blacklists-fringe-domains-special-search-results/

    Like I said.. You can't trust GOOGLE results, especially if you are searching for conservative oriented facts...

  40. [40] 
    neilm wrote:

    Well, based on my "scroll down" index, CW's column really fired up the Trumpkins.

    Just about everybody in the country has caught on to Trump's childish game. Most of us had him figured out in 2015 (or earlier if you lived in the NY area). Most of the 40% who still support him are either easy marks or don't care as long as he riles up the left.

    So he has the fools and the trolls.

    On another note, the economies of the Southern states are dropping behind again. They rallied for a couple of decades up until 2008 based on policies of low taxes and no unions to take jobs from the Rust Belt, but in a knowledge economy those policies are counterproductive - you need public money to invest in education, and globalization means low paying jobs the U.S. are easy to move abroad (source: https://www.businessreport.com/newsletters/lesson-for-louisiana-why-the-souths-economy-is-falling-behind).

  41. [41] 
    Michale wrote:

    Well, based on my "scroll down" index, CW's column really fired up the Trumpkins.

    You know you read each and every one of my comments, Neil..

    Looking for something you can slap me down with... :D

    I know how horribly devastating it is for you not to be able to offer a single argument for my facts.. :D

    Most of us had him figured out in 2015 (or earlier if you lived in the NY area).

    Yea??? Is THAT why you said he would NEVER be POTUS?? Is THAT why you said Mueller would find all sorts of shit on Trump???

    Because you "figured him out??"

    BBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Apparently, you haven't "figured out" shit..

    Because you have ALWAYS been wrong!! :eyeroll:

  42. [42] 
    Michale wrote:

    Well, based on my "scroll down" index, CW's column really fired up the Trumpkins.

    Well, except for the FACT that my comment count is always like this..

    As usual, you are lying when you claim that any specific CW column "fires up" anyone.. :D

  43. [43] 
    Michale wrote:

    On another note, the economies of the Southern states are dropping behind again.

    Yea???

    At least we don't have to have "poop patrols" to pick up human feces, like they do in San Francisco...

    And where is the worst Airport in the WORLD located??

    Los Angeles...

    Two shit hole cities in the same shit hole state and what do they all have in common??

    They are all run by Democrats...

    The conclusion is obvious..

    Democrat rule = Shithole..

  44. [44] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    14

    https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/06/07/blue-state-blues-trump-has-improved-relations-with-every-u-s-ally-except-germany/

    So... On the one hand, we have your hysterical Trump/America hate...

    And on the other hand, we have FACTS....

    Hmmmmm Which to believe.. Hmmmmmmm

    You've officially lost any claim to being rational when you're posting links from right wingnut rags like Breitbart while referring to that utter asinine bollocks and propaganda as "FACTS"!

    Thank you so much for providing the evidence of your self-proven gullibility. It's is infinitely comical to watch. :)

Comments for this article are closed.