ChrisWeigant.com

Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech

[ Posted Monday, January 15th, 2018 – 18:26 PST ]

[After last week, it seems we've got a long way still to go to get to the point where "all men are judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin," to put it mildly. But I've always felt that the best way to observe Martin Luther King Junior Day is to listen to his words -- and not just the words from his most famous speech. King had a lot to say on a lot of subjects -- war and peace, nonviolence, injustice of all kinds, institutionalized racism, and economic inequality. Limiting him to one soaring "I have a dream" speech ignores a huge part of his true legacy. So instead, I offer up one of my favorite King transcripts, his acceptance speech for winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Giving King the prize was incredibly controversial at the time (as hard as it is to realize this today), and even led J. Edgar Hoover to try to blackmail King into committing suicide before he could accept the award (this is historical fact, and a lot of American tax dollars were spent in service to Hoover's hatred of King). Times have changed, but racism still rears its ugly head in the highest reaches of our government, so we obviously still have a long way to go in this regard. Hope everyone had a thoughtful Martin Luther King Junior Day this year.]

-- Chris Weigant

 

December 10, 1964, Oslo, Norway

I accept the Nobel Prize for Peace at a moment when twenty-two million Negroes of the United States of America are engaged in a creative battle to end the long night of racial injustice. I accept this award in behalf of a civil rights movement which is moving with determination and a majestic scorn for risk and danger to establish a reign of freedom and a rule of justice.

I am mindful that only yesterday in Birmingham, Alabama, our children, crying out for brotherhood, were answered with fire hoses, snarling dogs and even death. I am mindful that only yesterday in Philadelphia, Mississippi, young people seeing to secure the right to vote were brutalized and murdered. And only yesterday more than 40 houses of worship in the State of Mississippi alone were bombed or burned because they offered a sanctuary to those who would not accept segregation.

I am mindful that debilitating and grinding poverty afflicts my people and chains them to the lowest rung of the economic ladder.

Therefore, I must ask why this prize is awarded to a movement which is beleaguered and committed to unrelenting struggle; to a movement which has not won the very peace and brotherhood which is the essence of the Nobel Prize.

After contemplation, I conclude that this award which I receive on behalf of that movement is profound recognition that nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral question of our time -- the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to violence and oppression.

Civilization and violence are antithetical concepts. Negroes of the United States, following the people of India, have demonstrated that nonviolence is not sterile passivity, but a powerful moral force which makes for social transformation. Sooner or later all the people of the world will have to discover a way to live together in peace, and thereby transform this pending cosmic elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood.

If this is to be achieved, man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. The tortuous road which has led from Montgomery, Alabama, to Oslo bears witness to this truth. This is a road over which millions of Negroes are traveling to find a new sense of dignity.

This same road has opened for all Americans a new ear of progress and hope. It has led to a new Civil Rights bill, and it will, I am convinced, be widened and lengthened into a superhighway of justice as Negro and white men in increasing numbers create alliances to overcome their common problems.

I accept this award today with an abiding faith in America and an audacious faith in the future of mankind. I refuse to accept despair as the final response to the ambiguities of history. I refuse to accept the idea that the "isness" of man's present nature makes him morally incapable of reaching up for the eternal "oughtness" that forever confronts him.

I refuse to accept the idea that man is mere flotsam and jetsam in the river of life unable to influence the unfolding events which surround him. I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.

I refuse to accept the cynical notion that nation after nation must spiral down a militaristic stairway into the hell of thermonuclear destruction. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant.

I believe that even amid today's motor bursts and whining bullets, there is still hope for a brighter tomorrow. I believe that wounded justice, lying prostrate on the blood-flowing streets of our nations, can be lifted from this dust of shame to reign supreme among the children of men.

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits. I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, men other-centered can build up. I still believe that one day mankind will bow before the altars of God and be crowned triumphant over war and bloodshed, and nonviolent redemptive goodwill will proclaim the rule of the land.

"And the lion and the lamb shall lie down together and every man shall sit under his own vine and fig tree and none shall be afraid."

I still believe that we shall overcome.

This faith can give us courage to face the uncertainties of the future. It will give our tired feet new strength as we continue our forward stride toward the city of freedom. When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds and our nights become darker than a thousand midnights, we will know that we are living in the creative turmoil of a genuine civilization struggling to be born.

Today I come to Oslo as a trustee, inspired and with renewed dedication to humanity. I accept this prize on behalf of all men who love peace and brotherhood. I say I come as a trustee, for in the depths of my heart I am aware that this prize is much more than an honor to me personally.

Every time I take a flight I am always mindful of the man people who make a successful journey possible -- the known pilots and the unknown ground crew.

So you honor the dedicated pilots of our struggle who have sat at the controls as the freedom movement soared into orbit. You honor, once again, Chief Luthuli of South Africa, whose struggles with and for his people, are still met with the most brutal expression of man's inhumanity to man.

You honor the ground crew without whose labor and sacrifices the jet flights to freedom could never have left the earth.

Most of these people will never make the headlines and their names will not appear in Who's Who. Yet when years have rolled past and when the blazing light of truth is focused on this marvelous age in which we live -- men and women will know and children will be taught that we have a finer land, a better people, a more noble civilization -- because these humble children of God were willing to suffer for righteousness' sake.

I think Alfred Nobel would know what I mean when I say that I accept this award in the spirit of a curator of some precious heirloom which he holds in trust for its true owners -- all those to whom beauty is truth and truth beauty -- and in whose eyes the beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.

-- Martin Luther King Jr.

 

97 Comments on “Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech”

  1. [1] 
    John M wrote:

    Truly a very beautiful and moving text, and far more "Presidential" than anything I have heard lately.

  2. [2] 
    neilm wrote:

    I believe that what self-centered men have torn down, men other-centered can build up.

    Great line. Still rings true today.

    We will get past this current abysmal excuse for leadership and get a real leader again. People will once again look to the United States as a beacon for the future instead of farce run by clowns and excelling only in stupidity.

    As Churchill may have said, "Americans can always be trusted to do the right thing, once all other possibilities have been exhausted.”

    Let's hope 2020 brings intelligence and decency back to the White House and the current occupant is kicked sharply on the rear on the way out, metaphorically speaking.

  3. [3] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    ... and far more "Presidential" than anything I have heard lately.

    Yes, we need more 'presidential' around here. And, more MKL Jr. ... if y'all know what I mean, and I'm sure that y'all do! :)

    Happy Martin Luther King, Junior Day!!!

  4. [4] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Silence is golden!

  5. [5] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Here is a link to another important piece about what makes America great:

    http://time.com/5101806/sean-penn-donald-trump-haiti/

  6. [6] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ya'all just can't help but turn a beautiful speech into a hysterical Anti-Trump tirade..

    Ya'all are like Walowitz when he turned ANY conversation into his journey into outer space..

    Where oh where has my REALITY BASED forum gone...??? Oh where oh where can it be...

  7. [7] 
    Michale wrote:

    Let's hope 2020 brings intelligence and decency back to the White House

    Yea?? Who ya gonna run??

    OPRAH????

    "Yer old mother Hubbard and only VAUGHN'S in the cupboard!!!!"
    -Randy Quaid, MAJOR LEAGUE II

    :D

  8. [8] 
    Michale wrote:

    https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/9ca2a1a288cbaed8099b78b62ac5d8fc10a166ba1a9866dc3d24b624aee58088.jpg?w=800&h=800

    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

    Now THAT is funny... :D

    And ya know what is REALLY funny!???

    Ya'all hysterical NeverTrumpers have just spent the last few days saying how "beautiful" and "successful" shithole countries are, thereby TOTALLY decimating ANY future argument ya'all may have about not being able to send illegal immigrant criminals back home to their respective countries because their countries are shitholes...

    In other words, President Trump has just maneuvered the entirety of the Hysterical NeverTrumpers (including ya'all) into totally disqualifying their arguments on illegal immigration!

    BBBWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Once again, President Trump stomps his critics in the face!!!! :D

  9. [9] 
    Michale wrote:

    https://youtu.be/J5lcART6TTE

    Reverend Jesse Jackson thanks Donald Trump for a "LIFETIME OF SERVICE" to black Americans...

    You people simply have NO MORAL leg to stand on when attacking President Trump..

    NONE... ZERO... ZILCH.... NADA.....

  10. [10] 
    Michale wrote:

    "all men are judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin,"

    Did ya'all judge Michael Brown by the content of his character??? Did ya'all judge Trayvon Martin by the content of his character??

    No... Ya'all judged them by the color of their skin..

    Seems to me, the FACTS clearly show that ya'all are part of the problem and NOT part of the solution...

  11. [11] 
    Michale wrote:

    Patterson Park statue honoring national anthem is defaced, found sprayed with red paint

    A statue paid for with pennies contributed by Baltimore school children more than a century ago was found sprayed with red paint Monday morning.

    Jennifer Arndt Robinson, executive director of Friends of Patterson Park, said the bronze statue of children holding a scroll to commemorate the writing of the Star Spangled Banner had been damaged by paint. The words “Racist Anthem” were sprayed on a sidewalk near the statue.

    “We were notified early this morning of the incident,” Robinson said. “We are working with appropriate city officials to make sure it is addressed as quickly as possible.”

    Robinson said a cannon near the statue also was hit by paint.

    A spray paint can was recovered at the site and is being handed over to the Baltimore police, she said.

    “While we recognize the issue of freedom of expression, there has to be more appropriate ways to have that conversation,” Robinson said.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-statue-20180115-story.html

    Dumbocrats.. :^/

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    Silence is golden!

    PREACHER:JUDGE NOT!!! LEAST YE BE JUDGED!!

    JUDGE HARRY STONE:Kinda puts a crimp in the ol' job description, eh Padre??
    -NIGHT COURT

    :D

  13. [13] 
    Michale wrote:

    Giza Pyramid mystery chamber may hold Pharaoh’s 'meteorite throne'
    https://www.rt.com/news/415823-giza-pyramid-meteorite-throne/

    Aww com'on!!!

    It's clear to ANYONE that the mysterious chamber in the Giza Pyramid contains the Chappa'ai and the DHD...

    EVERYONE knows that!! Duh...

  14. [14] 
    Michale wrote:

    Four cops shot in South Carolina, suspect in custody

    The suspected shooter was in custody early Tuesday morning after a gunman opened fire on several South Carolina law enforcement officers, striking four of them, authorities said.

    The four officers -- three York County Sheriff's deputies and a K-9 officer -- were taken to a hospital, however, their conditions weren't immediately known.

    The alleged gunman, identified as Christian Thomas McCall, 47, was arrested. He suffered gunshot wounds while in the crossfire, police said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/16/four-cops-shot-in-south-carolina.html

    Dumbocrat... :^/

  15. [15] 
    TheStig wrote:

    King's acceptance speech, in black and white video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r98tT0j1a0

    "This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant."

    We are sorely testing Dr. King's proposition in the 21st century USA.

  16. [16] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Interestingly enough, Dr. King and the Asshole-in-chief actually happen to share at least one characteristic - both were (are) womanizers and unfaithful husbands. Sorry to interject a sour note into this sweet cascade of tributes, but reality is still reality.

  17. [17] 
    Michale wrote:

    As employers dip deeper into the pool of available labor, workers are coming off the economy’s sidelines. The participation rate for what economists call prime-age workers — those ages 25 to 54 — hit a seven-year high in December. Employment gains have been especially strong for groups that often face discrimination — unemployment for African-Americans fell to 6.8 percent in November, the lowest rate on record.
    -NEW YORK TIMES

    You can scream hysterically all you want.. You can spin til the cows come home..

    But the *FACTS* clearly show that President Trump's approval amongst black Americans is sky-rocketing...

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    Interestingly enough, Dr. King and the Asshole-in-chief actually happen to share at least one characteristic - both were (are) womanizers and unfaithful husbands. Sorry to interject a sour note into this sweet cascade of tributes, but reality is still reality.

    yep.. yep... yep....

    But the hysterical snowflakes here will *ALWAYS* ignore reality that doesn't jibe with their Party slavery...

  19. [19] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Michael

    You're kidding yourself. Perhaps black Americans SHOULD BE changing their opinions, but I'm betting they have not done so.

  20. [20] 
    Michale wrote:

    President Trump.....

    Dow Industrials Top 26000 for First Time as Earnings Season Ramps Up
    Dollar rebounds from a three-year low, while bitcoin’s selloff accelerates

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/stock-markets-diverge-as-investors-focus-on-the-dollar-1516071275

    Making America Great Again!!!

    Don't ya'all just feel so... so... EMBARRASSED that ya'all were TOTALLY and UTTERLY WRONG about President Trump.... AGAIN!!!!! :D

  21. [21] 
    Michale wrote:

    You're kidding yourself. Perhaps black Americans SHOULD BE changing their opinions, but I'm betting they have not done so.

    If you believe polls, they are....

    The fact that unemployment amongst black Americans IS a documented FACT.....

    Black Americans are beginning to realize that the Dumbocrat Party is *STILL* the Slave Owners Party...

    The plantation is just different, but Democrats are still keeping black Americans down...

  22. [22] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Michael

    A 'strong dollar' is a bit of a mixed blessing. It indicates a healthy economy, but it makes our exports more expensive resulting in at least a mild negative factor for employment.

  23. [23] 
    Michale wrote:

    A 'strong dollar' is a bit of a mixed blessing. It indicates a healthy economy, but it makes our exports more expensive resulting in at least a mild negative factor for employment.

    As I have stated, I am not the economic expert you are... I am simply a knuckle-dragging ground-pounder with a buttload of common sense..

    A mixed blessing is STILL a blessing.. :D

    The fact that the hysterical NeverTrumpers (I don't lump you in that) stated unequivocally that there would be **NO** blessings, mixed or otherwise, under President Trump is why I point out things like these..

    The hysterical NeverTrumpers have made hysterical prediction after hysterical prediction..

    And *NONE* of them have come to pass...

    They have absolutely *NO* credibility....

    That's my point...

  24. [24] 
    neilm wrote:

    Dow Industrials Top 26000 for First Time as Earnings Season Ramps Up

    How's that trade deficit with China doing?

    Uh-oh ...

    Despite increased American exports of foods, planes and medical equipment, the overall U.S. trade deficit in goods with China has not only kept rising under Trump, but almost certainly reached a new record last year, exceeding the previous high of $367 billion in 2015.

    I see the "New Sheriff in Town" has the Chinese quaking in their boots, har har.

  25. [25] 
    neilm wrote:

    The hysterical NeverTrumpers have made hysterical prediction after hysterical prediction..

    Evidence? None as usual.

    You were asked why you wanted 45 as President and you just wanted him to be be nicer to bad cops.

    Hysterical Trumpters told us about the "new sheriff in town" and "China was going to take a hike".

    The only hysterical clown here is you Michale.

    Man up - you expected nothing but racism from 45 when it came to bad cops getting away shooting minorities, and all you have got is racism from 45.

    http://www.chrisweigant.com/2016/12/06/program-note-60/#comment-90066

  26. [26] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    neilm

    "Trade deficits" are an interesting phenomenon little understood by the vast majority of Americans, I suspect including you.

    If you forget the financial implications momentarily, you quickly realize that when foreigners send us the physical fruits of their labors (in the case of China, pretty much exclusively manufactured goods), which cost them much effort and resources to produce, in exchange for our little green pieces of paper (which cost us damn near nothing to produce), the net result is we consume far more than we otherwise would, and they consume far less, which is the definition of an INCREASE in our standard of living and a DECREASE in theirs. Now strictly from a selfish standpoint, that's a pretty damn tough concept to get upset about.

    How about you explain to me why you do find it upsetting?

  27. [27] 
    neilm wrote:

    Hysterical Trumpters Promises - Volume 1 (of many):

    Promise: Mexico is going to pay for a beautiful wall!

    Adjustment: A border tax (on American consumers) is going to pay for the wall!

    Humiliation: Democrats are stopping us from taxing you to pay for the fence!

  28. [28] 
    neilm wrote:

    Hysterical Trumpters Promises - Volume 2 (of many):

    Promise: I've got a better healthcare plan - everybody is going to get better coverage for less money!

    Adjustment: Congress need to give me a "repeal and replace" bill!

    Humiliation: We've sneaked in a damaging clause in the latest bill that will raise healthcare costs and throw people off their coverage!

  29. [29] 
    neilm wrote:

    Hysterical Trumpters Promises - Volume 3 (of many):

    Promise: I'm going to label China a currency manipulator on day one!

    Adjustment: We need China to help us with North Korea!

    Humiliation: Chairman Xi is a nice guy.

  30. [30] 
    neilm wrote:

    "Trade deficits" are an interesting phenomenon little understood by the vast majority of Americans, I suspect including you.

    Maybe, but on past record, it is almost certain that I understand them better than you do.

    Proceed, Governor ...

    ... How about you explain to me why you do find it upsetting?

    How about you explain to me why you think I find trade imbalances upsetting?

  31. [31] 
    neilm wrote:
  32. [32] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    neilm [30]

    How about your [24] which appears to be a response to Michale and CLEARLY indicates your negative attitude to the "China trade deficit", Right?

    I question your evaluation of the "past record". You had to have me explain derivatives, and you still don't really comprehend the underlying principles of inflation.

  33. [33] 
    Paula wrote:

    [28] neilm: Yes, he promised to make Healthcare wonderful and affordable for ALL! Today: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/uninsured-population-increases-by-3-2-million-in-trumps-first-year-in-office

  34. [34] 
    neilm wrote:

    Right?

    Wrong. I just like jerking Michale's chain when 45 claims he is going to do something (reduce the trade imbalance with China) and fails miserably.

    I question your evaluation of the "past record".

    The past record shows that you have no idea beyond talking points from silly web sites about how the economy and capital markets work - oh, and you have read "The Big Short" and are thus a self-proclaimed expert on CDSs and CDOs.

    All that aside, I actually agree with you - I think that the trade deficits with China are not a problem. We have lifted almost 500 million people (mostly Chinese) out of poverty in the last few decades - it isn't a problem for me that they are Chinese or Vietnamese, etc., they are people all the same.

    I supported the TPP because I believed it would protect business practices where America is strong (i.e. intellectual property protection, etc.) and open up our markets to Vietnam and other Pacific rim countries that otherwise will have to fall into the Chinese economic sphere of influence.

    I assume, since you are such a self-admiring economic genius, you follow the works of Branko Milanovic and have read about his "elephant" graph (e.g. http://oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Milanovic-curve.jpg).

    The losers from the World economy for the last few decades have been the people around the richest 80-90th percentile (i.e. the rich world's working and middle classes). This is translated by the weak minded into hatred of "them" and mindless nonsense from populist politicians such as 45.

    Frankly I don't see a capitalist 'solution' to the non-problem of trade deficits, I just see rich countries getting richer at a slower pace than poor countries, plus an unwillingness by many to recognize that a mid-West worker losing their job to a cheaper Mexican or Chinese worker is simply a fact of life and the only question is: "what are we, as a rich and supposedly caring society, going to do to help workers who have been laid off through no fault of their own get back on their feet and participate productively in the World economy?"

  35. [35] 
    Paula wrote:

    neilm: If we listed all the ways President-Unfaithful-Sh!thole has failed to "drain the swamp" we'd be here for about three days.

    Ditto if we listed all the ways he's broken the emoluments clause and has been personally profiting from being POTUS.

    Ditto listing/dating every golf game Mr. "How Dare Obama Play Golf" has cheated played since becoming POTUS.

    Today the toady repubs are out in force claiming the word was "shithouse" not "shithole", combining pushing the redirect talking point with obvious lying. And all will be setup for them shutting down the government and trying to blame the Dems.

    They all wear shit-shoes now, they squish in it and stench up the Capitol.

  36. [36] 
    Paula wrote:

    [34] neilm: "what are we, as a rich and supposedly caring society, going to do to help workers who have been laid off through no fault of their own get back on their feet and participate productively in the World economy?"

    Yep. That's the fundamental question we face.

  37. [37] 
    neilm wrote:

    I question your evaluation of the "past record". You had to have me explain derivatives, and you still don't really comprehend the underlying principles of inflation.

    Dude, I had to explain fungibility to you as a concept a couple of months ago. Don't get too excited about your own amazing economics superpowers.

    Wallowing in the intellectual purity of libertarian 'thought' is akin to extolling the perfection of communism. Your "high horse" is in fact a child's "hobby horse".

    This sums it up:

    http://i33.tinypic.com/20pgtx.jpg

  38. [38] 
    neilm wrote:

    Looks like the oxfam link has broken. Here is the Milanovic elephant curve again:

    https://therationalpessimist.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/winners-and-losers-jpeg.jpg

  39. [39] 
    John M wrote:

    [6] Michale

    "Ya'all just can't help but turn a beautiful speech into a hysterical Anti-Trump tirade.."

    Funny, ALL I did was comment on how statesmenlike M.L. King's speech was.

    YOU were the one who took it as Anti-Trump.

    Even neilm's and Elizabeth's comments were not all that explicit, and did not specifically single out, mention or target Trump by name.

    Neilm's in fact could have been take as talking about U.S. political leadership in general, which would include Congress as well, and Elizabeth's could just as easily been taken as a critique of the quality of people's discourse on this board.

    Now I wonder why YOUR mind automatically went there Michale. I think that says far more about YOU than about anyone else.

  40. [40] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    neilm

    No you did not "have to explain fungibility" to me. You raised the subject in a non sequitur context and proceeded to explain it on the assumption that I did not understand it. What is there to understand about the fact that one dollar can substitute for any other dollar in any application whatsoever???

    How about I explain to you about water being wet, and then wonder that you had to have it explained?

  41. [41] 
    neilm wrote:

    How about I explain to you about water being wet, and then wonder that you had to have it explained?

    I had to explain that you last week. You must be losing your marbles - remember, the discussion on valency and the polarization effect of the O and H atoms because they are angled and not in a straight line?

    ;)

  42. [42] 
    John M wrote:

    In other news related to an earlier topic, the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court may be on the verge of delivering another blow against Congressional gerrymandering. This could lead to Democrats picking up 3 more seats in Congress from Pennsylvania in addition to the possible 5 seats from an earlier Federal Court case in North Carolina.

  43. [43] 
    Kick wrote:

    neilm
    34

    Boom! Dead on. :)

  44. [44] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    neilm

    Re The "Winners and Losers" graph (your [38]). You (and I'm guessing the folks who created the graph), make the mistake of equating money income with actual income (goods and services actually produced).

    Not that there is never a correlation, but what the whole winners/losers concept reveals is that the things that have created the recent increase in prosperity in the advanced countries (electronic data processing, high tech and robotics) have greatly increased the productivity of the already-productive, while doing little or nothing for the unproductive.

    EDP, high-tech and robotics have done miracles for producing manufactured goods, but haven't done much for the third-world farmer who still tills his farm with a wooden plow pulled by a water buffalo. It ain't fair, but it IS reality!

  45. [45] 
    Kick wrote:

    Paula
    35

    Today the toady repubs are out in force claiming the word was "shithouse" not "shithole", combining pushing the redirect talking point with obvious lying. And all will be setup for them shutting down the government and trying to blame the Dems.

    I know, right!? Credit where credit is due, though, Lindsey Graham just scorched a whole lot of their BS talking points and explained what happened. They had brokered a deal where both sides compromised... like government is supposed to work... and Trump nixed the deal.

  46. [46] 
    Kick wrote:

    Bannon subpoenaed by Special Counsel shortly after release of Fire and Fury.

    Mueller dials it up.

  47. [47] 
    Michale wrote:

    Wrong. I just like jerking Michale's chain when 45 claims he is going to do something (reduce the trade imbalance with China) and fails miserably.

    In other words, he just spouts bullshit.. :D

  48. [48] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ya'all's arguments can be summed up thusly..

    WAAAAAA!!!! WAAAAAA!!!! MY SHIT-FOR-BRAINS CANDIDATE LOST AND NOW I AM JUST GOING TO WHINE AND CRY AND STAMP MY FEET AND SCREAM AT THE SKY!!! WAAAAAA!!!! WAAAAAA!!!!

    THAT is ya'all's entire argument...

  49. [49] 
    neilm wrote:

    In other words, he just spouts bullshit.. :D

    Yes, and when he spouts BS about lowering the deficit with China I call him on it.

    Well done Michale, you are catching on to the con man you put in the White House at last.

  50. [50] 
    neilm wrote:

    make the mistake of equating money income with actual income (goods and services actually produced).

    ... and you haven't understood PPP either.

  51. [51] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Paula

    Do you find "shithouse" to be substantially less offensive than "shithole"?? I don't see that much difference.

  52. [52] 
    Michale wrote:

    Yes, and when he spouts BS about lowering the deficit with China I call him on it.

    But we're not talking about that, are we..

    We are talking about the FACT that ya'all hysterically predicted a Wall Street crash if Trump was elected and it NEVER materialized..

    Why can't you admit that you were WRONG???

    Because you are suffering from HHPTDS...

  53. [53] 
    Michale wrote:

    Do you find "shithouse" to be substantially less offensive than "shithole"?? I don't see that much difference.

    Paula is a hysterical nutjob who had a nervous breakdown when her beloved Hillary was DEVASTATED by President Trump in the election..

    It's safe to ignore anything Paula says because it's nothing but bullshit that comes from a troubled and psychotic mind...

  54. [54] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    neilm

    Yeah, you could be right on that one. Also RRR, TTT and HHH, among many others.

  55. [55] 
    neilm wrote:

    We are talking about the FACT that ya'all hysterically predicted a Wall Street crash if Trump was elected and it NEVER materialized.

    Really. All of us did? Then you should have lots of links to share to back up your point.

    Har har - cough up five from the 20 or so active commenters Michale.

  56. [56] 
    Michale wrote:

    Really. All of us did?

    Yes... Either by commission or omission, ALL of you did..

    As ya'all have established, SILENCE GIVES ASSENT...

    If you remain silent, that means you agree...

    THAT's the rule ya'all made...

    Har har - cough up five from the 20 or so active commenters Michale.

    Are you denying that NO ONE here said that the Stock Market would crash if Trump was elected???

    It's a simple yes or no question..

    Bet you won't answer it..

  57. [57] 
    John M from Ct. wrote:

    I liked that a lot of Dr. King's rhetoric is specifically Christian in seeking hope for a better future here on Earth, as Man is redeemed in life, rather than simply saying that being good gets you into heaven after death.

    I only fear that the idealism of non-violence, of which King was so proud, citing his own movement and Gandhi's which he modeled it on, really only works when the ruling class actually has a Christian conscience that is merely obscured, not obliterated, by prejudice or contempt. It is the same thing that makes "Black Lives Matter" work as much as it has: white America is brutally racist at times, but not always and not forever.

    But there are plenty of countries, then and now, where non-violence on behalf of minority or disempowered rights is a non-starter. If tear gas and truncheons don't work, bring out the machine guns and barrel bombs.

  58. [58] 
    Kick wrote:

    neilm
    55

    Really. All of us did? Then you should have lots of links to share to back up your point.

    Har har - cough up five from the 20 or so active commenters Michale.

    He doesn't have to. The last time he brought up the same bullshit, he already admitted that he meant the "Left Wingery" in general.

    http://www.chrisweigant.com/2017/08/01/californias-jungle-primary-could-be-problematic-for-democrats-in-2018/#comment-106917

    This is just more of the "same old bullshit different day" and all part and parcel of Michale's reading comprehension issues and lack of continuity of thought/retention. :)

  59. [59] 
    neilm wrote:

    Yes... Either by commission or omission, ALL of you did

    And you silently screamed Michale: "I didn't mean it, I was just joking, please, please let Hillary be President - can't y'all take a joke - nobody thinks Trump is Presidential material - he is a complete clown".

    And we agreed. Apology accepted Michale. Don't do it again.

  60. [60] 
    neilm wrote:

    He doesn't have to.

    Every time he makes one of those blanket accusations he'll need to back it up or prove to us all that he just makes stuff up - you know, like his orange idol.

  61. [61] 
    Michale wrote:

    It is the same thing that makes "Black Lives Matter"

    It's funny, in a sad and pathetic sort of way, to hear you equate the ONLY Black Lives Matter terrorist group with non-violence..

    There are almost a dozen dead cops who would disagree with your comparison..

  62. [62] 
    Michale wrote:

    Every time he makes one of those blanket accusations he'll need to back it up or prove to us all that he just makes stuff up -

    Are you afraid to answer the question??

    Did anyone here claim that the Stock Market would crash if Trump was elected??

    Why are you so afraid to answer the simple question..

    Because the answer will prove what a liar and a troll you really are.. :D

  63. [63] 
    Kick wrote:

    neilm
    60

    Me: He doesn't have to.

    Neil: Every time he makes one of those blanket accusations he'll need to back it up or prove to us all that he just makes stuff up - you know, like his orange idol.

    *LOL* And my sentence was supposed to be: "He doesn't have them. The last time he brought up the same bullshit, he already admitted..."

    Every time the market hits a new high, he's singing Trump's praises and spewing the same utter nonsensical made up bullshit talking point as if it's a new subject and hasn't been debunked ad nauseam.

    It seems to me that if Michale actually believed that the market hitting a new high was indicative of a president's greatness, he'd have posted what an excellent president Obama was every time the market set a record while it was more than doubling during the 140% increase during Obama's two terms. Did that perchance happen?

  64. [64] 
    neilm wrote:

    Did anyone here claim that the Stock Market would crash if Trump was elected??

    You stated we all claimed it. Now you change your tune when pressed for evidence.

    Another humiliating retreat. Aren't you tired of making blanket claims then pretending you didn't?

  65. [65] 
    neilm wrote:

    Did that perchance happen?

    Perchance that did not!

    :)

  66. [66] 
    neilm wrote:

    Yeah, you could be right on that one. Also RRR, TTT and HHH, among many others.

    Yeah, and with the latest $130,000 pay off and the "s-hole/house" comments, it is unsure if 45 is more enamored with KKK or XXX.

  67. [67] 
    Michale wrote:

    You stated we all claimed it. Now you change your tune when pressed for evidence.

    Nice dodge... I stated that either by omission or commission ya'all stated it.. Which is factually accurate...

    You simply CAN'T answer the question because you KNOW it will prove beyond any doubt that you are a liar and a troll..

    Another humiliating retreat.

    Only in your delusional mind...

    I just PROVED beyond any doubt that you are a liar and a troll.. :D

  68. [68] 
    Michale wrote:

    Why are you so afraid to answer a simple question, Neil???

    Because your answer would PROVE beyond any doubt that you are a liar and a troll....

    Answer the question, if you can.. :D

  69. [69] 
    Michale wrote:

    The fact that you are trying to claim that NO ONE said that wall street would crash if Trump was elected ALSO proves that you are a liar and a troll...

    Because YOU know and I know that someone here did, in fact, say that...

    Which is why you are afraid to answer a very simple yes/no question.. :D

    Case closed.. Neil is a liar and a troll... :D

    Have a happy.. :D

  70. [70] 
    Paula wrote:

    [51] Stucki: "shithole, shithouse" -- who cares? The real statement that damns Unfaithful-Blotus is what followed -- he asked why we don't get more Norwegian immigrants, then wanted to send back Haitians and was told if he did that "everyone would know why".

    Donald Trump is a racist (and an unfaithful, porn-actress-paying-off, criminal traitor).

    And he is being supported by Republicans right now, some of whom are lying to try to cover up Blotus' obvious racism because a minority of people approve of it but a majority of people - in both the U.S. and around the world - disapprove. So Blotus is trying to weasel out of what he said and GOP operatives are trying to help him weasel.

  71. [71] 
    Paula wrote:

    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/16/16883290/donald-trump-congress-fitness-policy-immigration

    Headline: Congressional Republicans think Donald Trump’s sloth and ignorance is a feature, not a bug.

    Sub-head: A weak, easy-to-manipulate president is what they want.

    Yep. President Unfaithful Sh!thole is a criminal weak easy-to-manipulate scumbag but we must always remember he is being propped up by the GOP. They are complicit in everything he does.

  72. [72] 
    Kick wrote:

    Paula
    70

    Yep. Testifying under oath that they "can't remember." Did y'all see Cory Booker's reaction to that bullshit?

    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/953336547608289281

    "Your silence and your amnesia is complicity." ~ Sen. Cory Booker unleashes on Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen

  73. [73] 
    Michale wrote:

    Donald Trump is a racist (and an unfaithful, porn-actress-paying-off, criminal traitor).

    And, of course, there are NO FACTS that prove this to be factually accurate...

    In other words, you are talking out your ass because you are psychotic and brain damaged by Hillary Clinton's complete and utter decimation at the hands of PRESIDENT Donald Trump...

    Time to put a call into yer shrink, Paula...

    Yer hallucinating again...

  74. [74] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Ya gotta feel some sympathy for Melania, but only a little. If you are the third wife, and he cheated on the 2nd wife with you, and cheated on the 1st wife with the 2nd wife, and cheated on all three of them with hookers and who know what else, you should start to see a pattern beginning to emerge.

  75. [75] 
    Paula wrote:

    [74] Stucki: Yep, some sympathy for Melania, but only a little. President Unfaithful-Sh!thole was what he was and she had to know it. She may have cherished the mistaken notion that she could change him, but probably not. She may have figured it would be worth the price to get citizenship and some dough and whatever else she got.

  76. [76] 
    John M wrote:

    [72] Kick

    "Yep. Testifying under oath that they "can't remember." Did y'all see Cory Booker's reaction to that bullshit?"

    I loved the dressing down he gave her and the look on her face. It was spot on and something she needed to hear from someone who could express it so effectively.

  77. [77] 
    Michale wrote:

    and cheated on all three of them with hookers and who know what else,

    Any FACTS to prove this is accurate???

    No???

    Com'on, dood!! Don't fall into the trap of believing every piece of crap.. Have some respect for yourself..

    Demand facts...

  78. [78] 
    Paula wrote:

    [72] Kick: Good for Booker.

    [73] Spigot: You are free to delude yourself over the facts surrounding the Sh!thole's payments to porn-actresses and other women. There are stories surrounding the events in multiple media outlets and the women have confirmed the payoffs and the associated non-disclosure agreements.

    No amount of screaming by you can alter those facts but you can certainly continue to put your fingers in your ears and yell "NOOOOOOOO" just as much as you want!

    In fact, in the spirit of fellowship let me offer some tips:

    Wear loose clothing - give your ribcage room to move.
    Gargle with warm saltwater before commencing -- screams of denial are hard on the throat!
    Do some warm-up stretches - yoga is your friend here - you'd be surprised how much more volume you can generate when your muscles aren't tight!
    As a matter of common courtesy, move pets, and elderly or sensitive people out of earshot for the duration of your denial episode.
    After your voice gives out, drink something warm and soothing, and, if possible, take a nap. Denial episodes are taxing!

    Extreme Denial, like any extreme sport, relies on your body being at it's peak so self-care is vital. Good habits laced with common sense will enable you to deny right up until you keel over for good!

  79. [79] 
    Michale wrote:

    CRS,

    Next to me, you are the last bastion of credibility here in Weigantia..

    Don't frak it up for cheap vuuva...

  80. [80] 
    Paula wrote:

    Crap, I had bullet points but they didn't show, although they DID appear in the preview. Oh well.

    Here's better spacing:

    [73] Spigot: You are free to delude yourself over the facts surrounding the Sh!thole's payments to porn-actresses and other women. There are stories surrounding the events in multiple media outlets and the women have confirmed the payoffs and the associated non-disclosure agreements.

    No amount of screaming by you can alter those facts but you can certainly continue to put your fingers in your ears and yell "NOOOOOOOO" just as much as you want!

    In the spirit of fellowship let me offer some tips:

    1. Wear loose clothing - give your ribcage room to move.

    2. Gargle with warm saltwater before commencing -- screams of denial are hard on the throat!

    3. Do some warm-up stretches - yoga is your friend here - you'd be surprised how much more volume you can generate when your muscles aren't tight!

    4. As a matter of common courtesy, move pets, and elderly or sensitive people out of earshot for the duration of your denial episode.

    5. After your voice gives out, drink something warm and soothing, and, if possible, take a nap. Denial episodes are taxing!

    Extreme Denial, like any extreme sport, relies on your body being at it's peak so self-care is vital. Good habits laced with common sense will enable you to deny right up until you keel over for good!

  81. [81] 
    Michale wrote:

    [73] Spigot: You are free to delude yourself over the facts surrounding the Sh!thole's payments to porn-actresses and other women. There are stories surrounding the events in multiple media outlets and the women have confirmed the payoffs and the associated non-disclosure agreements.

    And not a SINGLE fact that proves it..

    No amount of screaming by you can alter those facts but you can certainly continue to put your fingers in your ears and yell "NOOOOOOOO" just as much as you want!

    You HAVE no facts..

    Just another mental breakdown on your part..

    As a matter of common courtesy, move pets, and elderly or sensitive people out of earshot for the duration of your denial episode.

    Like when you morons screamed at the sky with yer pussy hats on?? :D

    You are close to another mental breakdown, Paula.. Better call yer shrink.. I know they are on speed dial...

    Up yer dosage of xanax.. Yer hysterical...

    :D

  82. [82] 
    Michale wrote:

    Now we know for a fact that Paula lied about blocking me.. :D

    Paula lied.. THERE'S a shocker...

  83. [83] 
    Paula wrote:

    Speaking of stories about the Unfaithful-Sh!thole currently infesting the WH:

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/adult-film-star-said-she-had-a-nearly-year-long-affair-with-trump-not-just-a-single-encounter/

    In an interview with Slate, actress Stormy Daniels, whose given name is Stephanie Clifford, said she met Trump at a golf tournament in 2006, where they “begun a sexual relationship” that “lasted for nearly a year.” The tournament took place not long after the real estate mogul married Melania Trump, and just a few months after their son Barron was born.

  84. [84] 
    Michale wrote:

    Meanwhile, while Paula has another psychotic episode, Trump quietly is loading up the Federal Courts, dismantling the EPA and State Department and cutting 16,000 Federal Employees.

    Drip, drip, drip.

    :D You guys can scream hysterically all you want wearing your pussy hats....

    President Trump is well on his way to making America GREAT again..

    Get used to it...

  85. [85] 
    Paula wrote:

    [82] Spigot: It may have eluded your understanding of blockers, but I can actually block and unblock AT WILL!!!.

    Mostly I block you, but sometimes I like to come in and make you whine! However, feel free to have an itty bitty fit about my blocking/unblocking whenever you feel like it!

  86. [86] 
    Michale wrote:

    Why do you insist on LYING, Paula???

    There are absolutely NO FACTS to support your claim..

    Just a bunch of bullshit that has already been denied by the parties involved...

    You got nothing but BS...

    And another mental breakdown...

  87. [87] 
    Michale wrote:

    [82] Spigot: It may have eluded your understanding of blockers, but I can actually block and unblock AT WILL!!!.

    In other words, you lied and got caught.. :D

    BBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Up yer dosage of xanax, sweet cheeks... You need it...

  88. [88] 
    Paula wrote:

    [84} Spigot: Let me help you -- you meant to say:

    The Unfaithful-Sh!thole-Racist-Criminal-Traitor is quietly loading up the Federal Courts, dismantling the EPA and State Department and cutting 16,000 Federal Employees.

    You forgot to mention the GOP toadies who are helping him, btw.

    And you are free to tell yourself these moves will make Blotus/GOP more popular! In fact tell all your friends! Spread this news all over the right wing - make sure they know!

  89. [89] 
    Paula wrote:

    [87] Spigot: n other words, you lied and got caught.

    Really? That's all you got? I don't remember ever claiming that I had blocked you for all eternity or swore on a Bible that I would never waste my time interacting with you -- where/when did I do that? I'm sure I said interacting with you in terms of presenting facts is a waste of time, and I KNOW I said mocking you is something I indulge in occasionally.

    Indeed, I need to do so or you start losing your troll chops. Now c'mon -- you can do better than "whaaaaaaaaa she said she blocked me and now she's unblocked me whaaaaaaa." and "She's psychotic", etc. Those are just boring ad homonyms.

    You can call me any names you like but they bounce off because they're just one-size-fits-all insults. The reason I always break you is that my insults are tailored to your particular weaknesses!

  90. [90] 
    John M wrote:

    [84] Michale

    "Meanwhile, while Paula has another psychotic episode, Trump quietly is loading up the Federal Courts, dismantling the EPA and State Department and cutting 16,000 Federal Employees."

    I personally think it is disgusting that you think destroying America's global diplomacy in the world that we have spent decades building is something to be proud of, or that making America more polluted is something great.

  91. [91] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    79

    Wow! Paula must have really rattled your cage there in your doublewide trailer in the swamps in the "shithole." If you ever wonder why regular people refer to your ilk as "trailer trash," look no further than this post of yours here. :)

  92. [92] 
    Kick wrote:

    Paula
    80

    In the spirit of fellowship let me offer some tips:

    I like your list, but people of Michale's ilk who are constantly whining to be spoon-fed things that are obvious to regular people will naturally need to have each and every step spelled out to them... so

    *INSERT*
    1. Remove your head from your ass.

    Then just renumber the remaining excellent tips. ;)

  93. [93] 
    Paula wrote:

    [92] Kick: Good point!

  94. [94] 
    Paula wrote:

    And from the Slate article: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/01/did-donald-trump-pay-porn-star-stormy-daniels-to-keep-quiet-about-an-affair.html

    She didn’t allege any kind of abuse, insisting she was not a victim. The worst Trump had done, she said, was break promises she’d never believed he would fulfill. She claimed he’d offered to buy her a condo in Tampa, Florida, and that he’d said he wanted to feature her as a contestant in an upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice. Daniels, who is far from naïve, says she did not take him seriously, but Trump had insisted his NBC contract let him do whatever he wanted on the show. Eventually, she said, he’d told her the network wouldn’t allow her on the air because of the objections of an executive’s wife.

    Daniels said she had some corroborating evidence, including the phone numbers of Trump’s longtime personal assistant Rhona Graff and his bodyguard Keith Schiller, with whom she said she would arrange rendezvous. While she did not share those numbers with me, I did speak to three of Daniels’ friends, all of whom said they knew about the affair at the time, and all of whom confirmed the outlines of her story.

    Later:

    What interested me more was Daniels’ allegation that Trump had negotiated to buy her silence. Daniels said that, through intermediaries, she and Trump had worked out an agreement for the presidential candidate to pay her a six-figure sum to keep quiet. More specifically, she said her lawyer Keith Davidson, a Beverly Hills–based attorney who specializes in claims against celebrities, had worked out the terms with Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen.

    Then:

    Daniels said she was talking to me and sharing these details because Trump was stalling on finalizing the confidentiality agreement and paying her. Given her experience with Trump, she suspected he would stall her until after the election, and then refuse to sign or pay up.

    As an alternative to being paid for her silence, Daniels wanted to be paid for her story. She thought it might come out anyway, as one version did on the website the Smoking Gun in October 2016. (The site reported the allegation that Trump and Daniels had an affair, not that they had negotiated a settlement.) Daniels said she wanted, in her words, something to show for her experience. Another motivation to go public, she said, was her anger about Trump’s newfound opposition to abortion and gay marriage.

    Stormy seems exactly right for Blotus - they're both users.

  95. [95] 
    neilm wrote:

    45 and Smart-Glasses-Perry's attempt for force us to pay for coal reserves we don't need backfired today in the latest failure to try to make coal a viable energy source for the future.

    What really had to hurt was the 5-0 vote against their proposal, and the fact that the four of the five commissioners who lead the agency were appointed by President Trump, and three are Republicans.

    He must be tired of losing by now.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/01/trumps-coal-bailout-is-dead/550037/

  96. [96] 
    neilm wrote:

    So 45 is going to Davos - I guess the swamp draining is on hold while he hangs out with the real elites.

    He is going to be a carnival side show - the real action is in France and Germany now.

    The funniest thing is that his message is going to be "America First is good for the Whole World" - harkening back to the old GM saw "If it is good for GM, it is good for America" (note: the real history of that remark is far less self-centered than it appears when you dig into it).

    45's problem is that he just isn't interesting any longer - he is still trying to relive 2016. It is rather sad. I wonder if he'll hand out any of those maps with all the red counties from the 2016 election?

  97. [97] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Michale,

    Did ya'all judge Michael Brown by the content of his character??? Did ya'all judge Trayvon Martin by the content of his character??

    No... Ya'all judged them by the color of their skin..

    Seems to me, the FACTS clearly show that ya'all are part of the problem and NOT part of the solution...

    I judged them both based on the evidence regarding their actions. Their race played no part in how I viewed them. When people say they were killed because they were black, I ask what race would a person need to be for you to allow them to kill you without a fight? Would the officer have allowed Michael Brown to disarm him and kill him if Brown were Asian? Hispanic? White?

    So once again, Michale, YOU are wrong in your accusations!

Comments for this article are closed.