ChrisWeigant.com

Program Note

[ Posted Wednesday, June 24th, 2020 – 17:19 UTC ]

There will be no column today, sorry. Outside life (car repairs) took up all my time today, so I didn't have time to keep up on the news or write. I did see that progressives are doing pretty well as the primary votes get counted in New York and Kentucky, which is likely what I would have chosen to comment on today if I had had the time. In any case, my apologies for the lack of column today.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

33 Comments on “Program Note”

  1. [1] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    No need for apologies. Having your own blog means never having to say you're sorry. Take good care!

  2. [2] 
    Kick wrote:

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  3. [3] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Wow.

  4. [4] 
    Michale wrote:

    FPC

    Given that your last post was 134 on my screen and I have no blocking software, I find it hard to believe that I meant to respond to something that hasn't posted yet. If there are secret posts that only some people get, that's different, but whatever. Here's the Permalink:

    Then obviously, my listing is numbered differently than yours..

    So just quote the damn comment instead of using a number.. DUH...

    As your premise is balderdash, there are no FACTS or facts to bring to its discussion.

    Yes.. that's your claim.. But exactly WHY is it your opinion that it's balderdash..

    Because from where I sit, the facts are clear..

    If you don't have any facts to support your opinion, it seems silly to render your opinion, eh??

    Get facts or quit wasting my time..

  5. [5] 
    Michale wrote:

    Russ,

    Actually, it is Michael lying once again as I never said that.

    Yes, you did..

    The Democrats are united. Much more so than the Republican Party.
    http://www.chrisweigant.com/2020/06/22/a-meta-column-on-pollwatching/#comment-161748

    Once again, the FACTS prove who is the liar and who isn't... :D

    All the rest is just hero-worship... :D

  6. [6] 
    Michale wrote:

    i've been reading the comments section here for nearly all fourteen years of its existence

    He has.. I can vouch for that... But it's closer to 16 years, JL.. :D

    to my knowledge you're the only commentator who has ever attacked our host for anything, much less name-called him or cursed him out. this is unlike others who perhaps have earned what they got from each other, due to their own, shall we say, impoliteness.

    Not to belay the importance of DH's actions, but there was another.. Long ago..

    LewDan.. It got racist and it wasn't pretty..

  7. [7] 
    Michale wrote:

    Oh Fun... Here come the lawyers..

    Seattle CHOP zone prompts lawsuit from businesses, residents: reports

    Numerous Seattle businesses – including an auto repair shop, a tattoo parlor and a property management company – sued the city Wednesday, alleging city officials were complicit in allowing an “occupied protest” that has made them feel unsafe in their neighborhood, according to reports.

    Workers and residents also joined the lawsuit over CHOP, the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, which drew scorn from President Trump and other critics who accused Mayor Jenny Durkan, the city’s police chief and other city leaders of turning the area over to “anarchists.”

    Organizers of CHOP -- part of the widespread rioting and demonstrations that followed the May 25 death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis -- said they sought to establish a “police-free” area in Seattle’s Capitol Hill district.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-chop-zone-prompts-lawsuit-from-businesses-residents-reports

    Ya see, the morons who wanted their own little country can't be bothered with social services and things like keeping things clean...

    They like to play at government, but they don't have the first clue on how to do it..

    Morons..

  8. [8] 
    Michale wrote:

    Since the occupation began June 8, the area has seen shootings, vandalism and other crimes.

    Last Sunday a 17-year-old victim was shot in an arm and last Saturday a 19-year-old man was shot dead and another person was critically wounded, Q13 FOX of Seattle reported. In both cases, hostile crowds slowed police efforts to reach the crime scenes, the station’s report said.

    “(T)his lawsuit is about the constitutional and other legal rights of plaintiffs – businesses, employees and residents in and around CHOP – which have been overrun by the city of Seattle’s unprecedented decision to abandon and close off an entire city neighborhood, leaving it unchecked by the police, unserved by fire and emergency health services and inaccessible to the public at large,” the lawsuit says, Q13 FOX reported.

    One local business owner, Joey Rodolfo of Buki clothing, told “Fox & Friends” this week that he plans to move out of state because of what he described as Seattle’s lack of governmental leadership.

    "Since we have no leadership and we have a city council that's so socialist, there really is very, very little support for businesses,” Rodolfo said. “As far as the city reaching out to small businesses like ourselves, or any business, there has been zero.”

    What *IS* it about The Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party that they simply cannot function???

    They like their grandiose social theories and such, but when it comes to actually doing any good? They punt???

    Morons..

  9. [9] 
    Michale wrote:

    The Seattle city attorney’s office told local media that it hadn’t yet had an opportunity to review the lawsuit but planned to respond after reviewing it.

    The plaintiffs allege that city leaders provided the demonstrators with barriers, public restrooms and medical supplies – in effect supporting the occupation of the neighborhood and hindering the efforts of local businesspeople, employees and residents to reach their buildings, receive deliveries and provide services, the Seattle Times reported.

    The CHOP zone has also worsened conditions for elderly and disabled people in the area, the lawsuit asserts, according to the newspaper.

    “The result of the City’s actions has been lawlessness,” Calfo Eakes LLP, the law firm representing the plaintiffs, told the Times in a statement. “There is no public safety presence. Police officers will not enter the area unless it is a life-or-death situation, and even in those situations, the response is delayed and muted, if it comes at all.”

    The city government (such as it is) is an active participant in this armed rebellion and should be held accountable..

    What IS it about The Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party that they are so Anti-American???

  10. [10] 
    Michale wrote:

    Facing mounting pressure, Durkan on Monday said the city would begin dismantling the blocks-long occupied area – claiming the crimes and other violence in the zone were distracting from the message that peaceful protesters tried to communicate when they established the occupation, Q13 FOX reported.

    “The cumulative impacts of the gatherings and protests and the nighttime atmosphere and violence has led to increasingly difficult circumstances for our businesses and residents,” Durkan said. “The impacts have increased and the safety has decreased.”

    Soon after the occupation began, President Trump told Fox News’ Harris Faulkner that he thought Durkan and Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee had surrendered control of the situation.

    “I will tell you, if they don’t straighten that situation out, we're going to straighten it out,” Trump said June 11, in an interview that aired on “Outnumbered Overtime” in its entirety the next day.

    In a social media message posted Wednesday, addressed to “Comrades in the struggle,” CHOP organizers declared their “project” concluded, and urged demonstrators to leave by Wednesday night.

    President Trump should have sent in the Federal Marshals the first of this bullshit.. When the Democrats first claimed it was an Autonomous Zone, that was a declaration of secession..

    President Trump should have used the military right then, before the Anti-American scumbags realized their mistake and panicked, changing it to "Occupied Protest" instead of "Autonomous Zone"...

  11. [11] 
    Michale wrote:

    Well, I got Dr appts this morning, so ya'all get a break...

    MyVoice, I'll expect those facts of yours when I get back... But I am sure I'll never see them because you made it clear you have no facts, just hate and bigotry..

    JL, thanx for the stroll down memory lane.. Those were heady times 2006+ eh???

    Russ... Quit lying all the time about what you do and do not say...

    See ya'all in a bit..

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    Here's what I don't get... Democrats are attacking and vilifying statues of people who represent the exact same ideas that The Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party espouse...

    Democrats are defiling statues of Abraham Lincoln. Where is the logic in that.

    It's becoming clear that the Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party simply wants to destroy the history of this country. Even if it's the history that the party agrees with.

    They simply just want to destroy.

    Now explain to me I'll that it going to win votes in November.

    You can't because it won't. But I would sure like to hear someone try and justify this.

  13. [13] 
    Michale wrote:

    NYC protesters spend 2nd night camped out in front of City Hall, demand $1B cut to police budget
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-protesters-occupy-city-hall-defund-police

    There is the Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party in all it's glory..

    Mob rule..

    How you people can believe that ANY patriotic American will vote for this kind of governance is beyond me........

  14. [14] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @m,

    lewdan actually leveled the opposite criticism, that CW was too permissive of your own posting, which he considered to be racist. but that's not the same as name-calling CW or cursing him out.

    @kick,

    you're the resident expert researcher - am i wrong about this?

    JL

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    I challenge anyone here to tell me honestly and factually that they are not worried about this outbreak of lawlessness, rebellion and mob rule of The Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party...

    That they honestly believe it's the best way to win votes in November..

    Go ahead.. Try and tell me that..

  16. [16] 
    Michale wrote:

    lewdan actually leveled the opposite criticism, that CW was too permissive of your own posting, which he considered to be racist. but that's not the same as name-calling CW or cursing him out.</I.

    Actually, not wanting to rehash bad memories, but I specifically remember that LewDan accused CW of being racist because CW allowed my so-called "racist" comments..

    Yes, that IS the same thing as name-calling and cursing him out...

    I remember it specifically because I knew at that moment that I had won and LewDan had lost..

    you're the resident expert researcher - am i wrong about this?

    Yes.. Vick IS the premier stalker of the group so if anyone would know (and deny it) it would be her...

    But it was WAY before her time... Back before she showed up.. Back when, despite LewDan's antics, Weigantia was more fun..

  17. [17] 
    Michale wrote:

    ack!!

    Reposted for Clarity...

    lewdan actually leveled the opposite criticism, that CW was too permissive of your own posting, which he considered to be racist. but that's not the same as name-calling CW or cursing him out.

    Actually, not wanting to rehash bad memories, but I specifically remember that LewDan accused CW of being racist because CW allowed my so-called "racist" comments..

    Yes, that IS the same thing as name-calling and cursing him out...

    I remember it specifically because I knew at that moment that I had won and LewDan had lost..

    you're the resident expert researcher - am i wrong about this?

    Yes.. Vick IS the premier stalker of the group so if anyone would know (and deny it) it would be her...

    But it was WAY before her time... Back before she showed up.. Back when, despite LewDan's antics, Weigantia was more fun..

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    JL,

    Upon further reflection, I do believe you are right. That things went down just as you described..

    It's probably best we just drop the whole matter now..

  19. [19] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ya'all said something about President Trump losing at the SCOTUS?? :D

    Supreme Court hands Trump administration win on deportation powers

    The Supreme Court ruled Thursday for the Trump administration in a key immigration case, determining that a federal law limiting an asylum applicant’s ability to appeal a determination that he lacked a credible fear of persecution from his home country does not violate the Constitution.

    The ruling means the administration can deport some people seeking asylum without allowing them to make their case to a federal judge. The 7-2 ruling applies to those who fail their initial asylum screenings, making them eligible for quick deportation.

    In a decision in the case of Dept. of Homeland Security v. Thuraissigiam, the court ruled that the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) – which prevents judicial review of the credible fear determination – does not violate the Constitution’s Suspension Clause, which protects habeas corpus privileges that allow courts to determine if a person should be released due to unlawful detention.

    TRUMP'S STEEL TARIFFS STAND AFTER SUPREME COURT DECLINES CHALLENGE

    “In this case, however, respondent did not ask to be released. Instead, he sought entirely different relief: vacatur of his 'removal order' and 'an order directing [the Department] to provide him with a new . . . opportunity to apply for asylum and other relief from removal,'” Justice Samuel Alito wrote in the court’s opinion, ruling “that relief falls outside the scope of the common-law habeas writ.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-hands-trump-administration-win-on-deportation-power-for-asylum-seekers

    A minor hiccup...

    President Trump's wins in the SCOTUS continue unabated.. :D

  20. [20] 
    Michale wrote:

    Tampa police chief on 'ambush' of officers: 'We won't take a knee,' protests have not remained peaceful...
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/tampa-police-chief-blm-protests-not-peaceful

    Tampa PD will not bend the knee...

    Again, this begs the question...

    Since the Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party is completely united behind these antics and violence??

    Do ya'all think that THIS is the best way to earn patriotic American's votes??

    Just wondering...

  21. [21] 
    Michale wrote:

    In addition, according to Dugan, prosecutors also aren't "depicting the whole story and leaving the portions out that [don't] fit their narrative" including the destruction of police property.

    "And, I think we’re running into a situation in this country where, you know, people are now so afraid they’re going to lose their job, that they’re not doing their job," he noted.

    "You know, I assure you that, you know, we are not going to take a knee. We are going to stand up. We are going to defend our city," he concluded. "We are the guardians of the city. And, we have no [intention] of handing over the key to the city to these protesters who quite frankly are just not always peaceful."

    In other words, Chief Dugan is not going to let Tampa Bay become like Seattle where it's the criminals and scumbags who are in charge...

  22. [22] 
    Michale wrote:

    Explosive New FBI Notes Confirm Obama Directed Anti-Flynn Operation

    Handwritten notes from fired former FBI agent Peter Strzok show that Obama himself directed key aspects of the campaign to target Flynn during a Jan. 5, 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/24/explosive-new-fbi-notes-confirm-obama-directed-anti-flynn-operation/

    A US President used American Intelligence agencies to investigate and infiltrate an opposing Party's campaign...

    And it's all but certain that Joe Biden was in the loop as well..

    Joe Biden's campaign in toast...

  23. [23] 
    Michale wrote:

    Newly released notes confirm President Barack Obama’s key role in surveillance and leak operation against Michael Flynn, the incoming Trump administration national security adviser. The handwritten notes, which were first disclosed in a federal court filing made by the Department of Justice on Tuesday, show President Obama himself personally directed former FBI Director James Comey and former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates to investigate Flynn for having routine phone calls with a Russian counterpart. He also suggests they withhold information from President Trump and his key national security figures.

    The handwritten notes from fired former FBI agent Peter Strzok appear to describe a Jan. 5, 2017, Oval Office meeting between Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Comey, Yates, and then-national security adviser Susan Rice. The meeting and its substance were confirmed in a bizarre Inauguration Day email Rice wrote to herself.

    It was at this meeting, which was confirmed by testimony from Comey and Yates, that Obama gave guidance to key officials who would be tasked with protecting his administration’s utilization of secretly funded Clinton campaign research, which alleged Trump was involved in a treasonous plot to collude with Russia, from being discovered or stopped by the incoming administration.

    Yates told the special counsel that Obama broke the news of Flynn’s phone calls with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak to her during the Jan. 5 meeting. Rice detailed further involvement from Obama. “President Obama said he wants to be sure that, as we engage with the incoming team, we are mindful to ascertain if there is any reason that we cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia,” she wrote in her email.

    "And the quarterback is toast!!!"
    -Theo, DIE HARD

    :D

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    Sen. Tim Scott Claims Dems Do Not Want to Pass Police Reform Bill Before the Election
    https://ijr.org/scott-claims-dems-not-want-police-reform-before-election/?fbclid=IwAR3ofIoBz92Vduwkrifq1L0tDL6-jBCUhU6KUkYoXvAV_P7gd6__bN2vLQE

    Democrats don't want to give President Trump ANOTHER win before the election..

    Even though it's good for the country..

    As usual, the Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party puts Party before country..

    #sad...

  25. [25] 
    Michale wrote:

    The sole black Republican senator says his Democratic colleagues blocked a police reform bill for political reasons.

    During an interview on Fox News on Thursday, Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) discussed the fate of the Republicans’ police reform bill that he drafted, which was blocked by Senate Democrats on Wednesday.

    “Unfortunately, the Democrats really want to hold on this issue. They believe they’re going to win in November, so they’d rather write their own reform bill without any input from the Republican Party,” Scott said.

    “They have no desire to actually solve this issue before the election,” he charged.

    Scott explained that he offered amendments to the bill to address concerns Democrats had raised but said that his solutions were rejected.

    He continued to argue that Republicans and Democrats could have compromised on the bill, but Democrats did not want to give Republicans a win before the election.

    Shocking...

    "No... Not really.. I can't back that up.."</B.
    -Dr Evil

  26. [26] 
    Michale wrote:

    Former Princeton Prof Spills the Beans: BLM Doesn't Help Black People, Democrats Using It To Win Votes
    https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/former-princeton-professor-spills-beans-blm-doesnt-help-black-people-dems-using-win-votes?fbclid=IwAR2dvTZDlSWZj1a4rw2SWxGNQP7tsXbZlEjhlAuF4AxGPOM0TW9ZbPDUznU

    "AND THE TRUTH!!!!! Shall set you free...."
    -Jim Carrey, LIAR LIAR

    :D

  27. [27] 
    Michale wrote:

    Former Princeton professor Carol Swain had some scathing words for the newly empowered Black Lives Matter movement and the Democratic Party that has fully embraced the far-left crusade.

    Appearing on Fox News’ “Life, Liberty & Levin” last week, Swain, an African-American who has taught at both Princeton and Vanderbilt, described the Black Lives Matter movement as “part of the cultural Marxist agenda against America.”

    According to Swain, Democrats “are using black people to advance a radical agenda that will be destructive to our nation, that will hurt all of us. And it’s hurting us right now.”

    In other words, Black Lives Matter is not a civil rights organization — it’s a political organization.

    The co-founder of the movement acknowledged this during an appearance Friday on CNN where she proclaimed that the goal of BLM was to “get Trump out.”

    Swain explained that BLM and the left believe that advancing a narrative of “systemic racism” will help them achieve that goal. She contended that this “false narrative” is being pushed this year because of the election.

    “I am an American success story,” she said in explaining why she rejects the presence of “systemic racism” against African-Americans in the United States.

    A black American who gets it..

    One of the 40% of black Americans who reject The Democrat/AntiFa/BLM Party bullshit and supports President Trump...

  28. [28] 
    John M from Ct. wrote:

    Twenty-seven comments - 23 of them by one single poster - so far. All responding to or commenting on an brief and apologetic note from Chris that says ... nothing.

    So I'm thinking Chris could continue to take a vacation for the foreseeable future, knowing the comments section doesn't actually need his thoughts before it can comment.

  29. [29] 
    Kick wrote:

    JL
    14

    you're the resident expert researcher - am i wrong about this?

    As you wish. Very quick search reveals:

    [59] LewDan wrote:

    Michale [153],

    "Actually, I never claimed that you have called others racist...

    You have only reserved that for myself and CW..."
    Michale [153]

    "You have called me a racist, you have called CW a racist and you have referred to many others as racist.."
    http://www.chrisweigant.com/2014/08/04/campaign-shifts-to-immigration/
    Michale [30]

    See how easy it is?--When you're not lying, of course. I've never had any trouble proving my statements.--Or proving that you are a liar.

    ...Still waiting for my apology.

    [Thursday, August 21st, 2014 at 16:57 UTC]

    Mike was wrong, and LewDan proved it. #SSDD

    Ah, the "good old days" that Mike is always whining about. They don't look so "good"... old, sure.

  30. [30] 
    MyVoice wrote:

    [11] Michale
    What a card. You want facts? First, a definition:
    straw man noun [C] (ARGUMENT)

    an argument, claim, or opponent that is invented in order to win or create an argument.
    FACT: You made up some kind of party that doesn't exist in this dimension.
    FACT: Since this entity exists only in your head, you can imbue it with any quality you wish. You chose to state it has a position on a particular topic and you give that topic a name.
    FACT: The meaning of the topic name you chose is currently being rather vigorously debated in the public square and has no singular definition. You didn't bother to give one.
    FACT: Your question deals with patriotic people, but since you consider yourself the ultimate arbiter of who is patriotic, that group, too, exists entirely in your head.

    Those are the facts. You've created a straw man argument. Good for you. Have fun.

  31. [31] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    MyVoice [30] -

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

    Heh.

    As for everyone else... LewDan?

    Really?

    Man, that takes me back...

    OK, I have to admit that I'm going through last week's comments in reverse order here... so I'm reading these moving backwards from Thursday night... that might explain any incontinuities...

    :-)

    -CW

  32. [32] 
    Michale wrote:

    JMfrmCT

    Twenty-seven comments - 23 of them by one single poster - so far. All responding to or commenting on an brief and apologetic note from Chris that says ... nothing.

    So I'm thinking Chris could continue to take a vacation for the foreseeable future, knowing the comments section doesn't actually need his thoughts before it can comment.

    You must be new around here.. :D

  33. [33] 
    MyVoice wrote:

    [31] Chris Weigant

    Thanks, Chris. I hadn't seen that clip in a while and one can always learn from the masters.

Leave a Reply

[If you have questions as to how to register or log in, to be able to post comments here, or if you'd like advanced commenting and formatting tips, please visit our "Commenting Tips" page, for further details.]

You must be logged in to post a comment.
If you are a new user, please register so you can post comments here.

[The first time you post a comment (after creating your user name and logging in), it will be held for approval. Please be patient (as it may take awhile). After your first comment has been approved, you will be able to post further comments instantly and automatically.]