ChrisWeigant.com

Friday Talking Points -- Tax Cuts Will Save Us All!

[ Posted Friday, February 28th, 2020 – 17:55 UTC ]

File this one under: "If I doesn't laugh, I thinks I'm gonna cry!"

President Donald Trump, that noted stable genius, apparently has the answer to the coronavirus. Here's how an article in today's Washington Post began:

Trump administration officials are holding preliminary conversations about economic responses to the coronavirus, as the stock market fell sharply again on Friday amid international fears about the outbreak, according to five people with knowledge of the planning.

Among the options being considered are pursuing a targeted tax cut package, these people said.

Later in the article, Senator Chuck Grassley seemed to at least be open to the idea as well:

"At this point, the coronavirus has not had a broad impact on the U.S. economy and its effects have been limited. However, Chairman Grassley and the Senate Finance Committee stand ready to consider appropriate tax relief responses if that becomes necessary and the extent of the problem can be determined," Michael Zona, a Grassley spokesman, said in a statement.

"Tax relief responses." Seriously. That's what Republicans are now considering to fight a viral epidemic. There's an old saying that goes: "When you only have a hammer, pretty soon every problem starts to look like a nail." Republicans' one magic panacea for everything and anything that ails America is to cut taxes on the wealthy, because obviously there is simply no problem that cannot be improved by increasing the inequality of wealth in this country. Hammer, meet nail.

Of course, since this is Donald Trump we're talking about, everything is always solely about him -- first, last, and foremost. He's not worried about people getting sick or dying. He's not worried about the disruption the coronavirus could cause the economy. He is only worried about his chances of being re-elected, plain and simple. And since he's taken all the credit for the stock market going up, he is very worried that now that it is tanking, some people may actually blame him. Imagine that!

Again, Trump being Trump, nothing is ever his fault. Perish the thought! It's obviously a scam being orchestrated by that dastardly duo: the media and the Democratic Party. No, really. That's precisely what Trump is now thinking. The stock market tumbled because, according to Trump, investors watched the Democratic presidential debate and became fearful that one of them would beat Trump. This ignores the fact that the debate happened on Tuesday night, after two of the worst days on Wall Street ever, and that the most stable day of trading all week for the market was actually Wednesday -- the day after the debate aired. Trump then took to the airwaves for a press conference that was as freewheeling and unhinged as usual, and then the very next day the Dow Jones Industrial Average had its worst day in all of history. Way to calm investor fears, Mister President!

This is precisely what the greatest fears have always been for those who are not slavish worshippers of the Dear Leader: a crisis hits, and Trump is both woefully unprepared to deal with it and woefully incapable of even learning what should be done. We're only in the beginning stages of this, but it could very quickly spiral completely out of control (perhaps after a big push for a tax cut fails). Who among us, at this point, would be shocked to hear that Trump just announced that the upcoming election should be cancelled "because you can catch the Caronavirus at the polling places." And yes, that's exactly how Trump spelled it this week in a tweet. In another, he bragged about shutting down America's "boarders." This is the man in charge of crisis response, folks.

Or maybe not. During his bizarre press conference, Trump announced that Mike Pence would be the coronavirus czar. Or maybe not -- apparently Trump doesn't like the word "czar" (although it's hard to figure why, since he loves all things Russian as well as all things autocratic). Pence was praised as running such a great public health department in Indiana that other states had adopted its models. Or maybe not -- Pence was in charge when an HIV/AIDS outbreak happened among intravenous drug users, and his answer to the crisis was to pray about it. And also to delay life-saving needle exchanges for months, which led to a much bigger outbreak than it could have been. The very next day, Pence announced he was appointing his own vice-czar, who was an actual medical professional. But also that every doctor who works on the federal government's coronavirus response would have to clear any public statements with him personally before making them. So nothing like a little censorship of important medical information to make everyone feel better!

Because everyone's got to toe the line together in Trump's White House. Every other person at Trump's presser was forced to lavish fulsome praise on the Dear Leader. And here is how his economic team is pulling their weight, exemplified by a quote from acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney:

I got a note today from a reporter saying, what are you going to do today to calm the markets? Really what I might do today to calm the markets is tell people to turn their televisions off for 24 hours.

In other words, there's no reason to panic, folks -- we have an adequate supply of sand available for everyone to stick their heads into until the emergency's over. Nothing to see here....

Democrats, of course, were not touting the Trump party line. Here is the reaction to the news that Pence would be censoring information, from Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer: "President Trump should have learned the lesson that China did: Hiding the truth makes things more dangerous. The American people need to hear the unfiltered truth from health experts."

The presidential candidates were a bit more direct. From Tom Steyer: "We are witnessing a total failure on the part of the White House right now that risks a Katrina-level disaster for our country." Ouch. Joe Biden also slammed Trump's response: "Like the rest of us, this virus is not impressed by his tweets. We need real action in the White House, not more lies. It's not a surprise that a president who thinks climate changes is a hoax thinks the coronavirus is a conspiracy."

Mike Pence was the man for the job, Trump later said, because "he had nothing else to do." Jay Inslee, the Democratic governor of Washington state, tweeted that he had given Pence a few words of advice: "I just received a call from @VP Mike Pence, thanking Washington state for our efforts to combat the coronavirus. I told him our work would be more successful if the Trump administration stuck to the science and told the truth."

All week long, the stock market refused to calm down, leading to multiple days of 1,000-point drops in the Dow. This could continue for some time, since so far it shows no signs of bottoming out. Some experts are already predicting a global recession as a result of the pandemic, which is spooking all the big investors. Trump's rambling press conference did absolutely nothing to assuage these fears.

So far, Democrats have not made this a huge issue in the debates, but that likely won't be true next time around. It's a very handy political bludgeon to hit Trump with, obviously, so we'll be looking for the subject to arise in the next debate. This week's debate was nothing short of a hot mess, so hopefully the next one will be a little more coherent.

Tomorrow, South Carolina votes. Then three days later Democrats in 14 states will cast their ballots on Super Tuesday. Which means by this time next week, the Democratic field may well have narrowed even further. So there's that to look forward to.

Oh, and tax cuts. Maybe there'll be tax cuts to look forward to as well [insert heavily sarcastic eye-roll here...]. Because that'll be sure to solve everything!

 

Most Impressive Democrat Of The Week

We should start off by mentioning that since we devoted so much time last week to our predictions for the Nevada caucuses, we thought we'd avoid doing so this week, so we put our picks out one day early. So if you'd like to see our picks for South Carolina, check it out (short answer: Joe Biden to win, Bernie Sanders for second, and Tom Steyer for third).

While this week saw the tenth Democratic debate of the campaign season, it was hard to identify who "won" it, in the end. The one universal conclusion, though, was that the CBS moderators were the biggest losers of the night. Was Scott Pelley busy or something? Gayle King? Really, CBS?

Sigh.

But back to the subject at hand. We really don't have any prominent Democrat to give the Most Impressive Democrat Of The Week award this week, although we feel that both Tom Steyer and Joe Biden may turn in their most impressive primary finish yet -- but that's tomorrow. Since we can't celebrate something that has yet to happen, though, we're going to give the award out in a rather tongue-in-cheek manner this week.

Our Most Impressive Democrat Of The Week goes to Chris Lippincott, a Democratic strategist from Texas. He rather succinctly (and perfectly) summed up the state of the Democratic primary contest right now, complete with a vivid bit of imagery at the end. Here's the key quote that caught our eye:

Everybody other than Bernie thinks everybody other than Bernie should drop out -- except themselves. Maybe the [South] Carolina results provide a little clarity as to who really has a fighting chance. Unless that happens, they're just crabs in a bucket pulling each other down.

Now, many have noted the similarities to what the Republicans went through in 2016, when all the non-Trump candidates were equally convinced that they were the best alternative to Trump -- if only everyone else would drop out and clear the lane for them. This is precisely where the Democrats find themselves now in relation to Bernie. Will any Democrats drop out between South Carolina and Super Tuesday, to give the others a better chance of beating Bernie? Or will the crabs just continue to pull each other down? Stay tuned!

We'll have to wait until at least tomorrow to know the answer to that, but for now Lippincott's quote is the best and most accurate way we've heard the race described of late. For saying what everyone else has been thinking (and putting it so well), Chris Lippincott is this week's Most Impressive Democrat Of The Week.

[We're going to assume that Chris Lippincott is a private citizen, and our general rule is not to provide contact information for such people, sorry.]

 

Most Disappointing Democrat Of The Week

We had plenty of candidates for the Most Disappointing Democrat Of The Week this week, sadly.

Although he's not technically a spokesman for the Democratic Party or anything, we have to say that Chris Matthews seems to be losing his mind. First he compared how Bernie Sanders is doing in the primary race with the Nazis invading France, and then he appeared absolutely mystified when asking Elizabeth Warren about why Mike Bloomberg would possibly lie about what he said to a woman employee of his who was pregnant. The very concept of a wealthy business owner denying he said something in an effort to stop a lawsuit against him was apparently too tough for Matthews to even slightly grasp. But he's supposed to be a member of the media, not a party spokesman, so we judged he's not eligible for any award.

Elizabeth Warren, though, does deserve at least a (Dis-)Honorable Mention for enthusiastically embracing a super PAC after swearing up and down that she would never do such a thing. In fact, it wasn't even that long ago that she was making this a big issue at a debate -- how she and Amy Klobuchar were the only ones without a super PAC supporting them. Now, though, she's singing a different tune. Her super PAC is making a super-big splash in the Super Tuesday states, planning to spend a whopping $14 million on television ads. In just one week, the Warren super PAC has become the biggest super PAC in the entire field, committing almost as much on advertising as all other super PACs combined spent over the past two months. That's a pretty big flip-flop, although none of the other candidates has so far made it an issue on the campaign trail.

Joe Biden made a few gaffes during the last debate, such as saying "150 million" Americans had been killed by guns in recent years. That's a surprising figure, since it would represent almost half the entire country's population. Whoops!

Baltimore's former mayor Catherine Pugh was sentenced to three years in jail this week for her rampant corruption in office, which included fake sales of a children's book series that she wrote. But we gave her plenty of MDDOTW awards back when the story broke, so we merely mention it in passing.

Hillary Clinton certainly disappointed many by announcing this week that she's working on a new project -- her very own podcast, which will go live at some point right in the middle of the primary campaign season. This brings to mind the old Dan Hicks song: "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?" -- to us, at least. Ahem.

But our Most Disappointing Democrat Of The Week this week is none other than Michael Bloomberg. During the debate, Bloomberg said something that we fully expected all the late-night comics to ridicule soundly -- which for some reason didn't happen. We have no idea why, because it would make such a juicy target for pretty much any other candidate other than Tom Steyer. Bloomberg was hit with an attack from Elizabeth Warren over his past donations to Republican Senate candidates (including the incumbent Scott Brown, who Warren unseated), and Bloomberg tried to point out that much more recently he's given lots of money to Democrats, including all those Democrats who flipped House seats in the 2018 midterms (the "40 Democrats" Bloomberg references). Here's how Salon transcribed his answer:

Let's just go on the record. They talk about 40 Democrats. Twenty-one of those are people that I spent a hundred million dollars to help elect. All of the new Democrats that came in and put Nancy Pelosi in charge and gave the Congress the ability to control this president, I bough -- I, I got them.

Yep, he almost came flat out and admitted that he considered sinking all that money into House races to be "buying" politicians. There is no better example of the corrupting influence of money on politics than this quote, period. Bloomberg said out loud the part he was supposed to just think quietly in his own head, plain and simple. "I bought them" he almost admitted, before catching himself right in the middle of the worst word.

Neither Bernie Sanders nor Elizabeth Warren slammed him over the quote, though. Not on stage, and not afterwards either (at least that we're aware of). This clip should really have appeared in ads for the two of them the next day. "Billionaires think they can buy politicians, and now one thinks he can buy the Oval Office, too -- that's what's wrong with politics today." The ad copy just writes itself, really. But not only did the other candidates miss this opportunity, the late-night comedians also whiffed on spotlighting it (at least, the ones we've seen).

For so nakedly exposing the way billionaires think about politicians and politics, Bloomberg was easily the Most Disappointing Democrat Of The Week this week.

[We also do not provide links to candidates' campaign web pages, sorry.]

 

Friday Talking Points

Volume 563 (2/28/20)

We've got one overarching theme this week, obviously. In fact, we even considered giving Tom Steyer the MIDOTW award for coming up with our first one, because it is so politically brilliant. What's the one label every president now fears? Steyer goes there....

 

1
   Trump's Katrina

Short and snappy always wins the day.

"Tom Steyer may prove to be right when he said that Trump's 'total failure' to adequately deal with the coronavirus risks becoming, quote, a Katrina-level disaster for our country, unquote. Will this prove to be Trump's Katrina? So far, the signs are not good that Donald Trump has any idea what he's doing. Which means it certainly is possible that the coronavirus outbreak soon becomes known as Trump's Katrina."

 

2
   Our worst fears confirmed

Generalize the point, because it is so easy to do.

"All of the people who have been fearful of President Trump being patently incapable of dealing with a crisis are now having their worst fears confirmed. After Trump gave a press conference where he had to be corrected by medical professionals during the actual presser because Trump was saying things that were just false, it has become obvious that Trump does not have a clue what he's doing or even what he should be doing. The only thing Trump apparently fears is that this will all somehow make it harder for him to get re-elected, because to Trump everything is always about Trump. Which means we can look forward to him flailing around and insisting that everything is fine, even if things get much worse. Trump just isn't up to dealing with a crisis of this magnitude, period. Which is what his critics have been saying all along."

 

3
   A very stable genius

A cheap shot, but a fun one to take.

"Donald Trump is a self-proclaimed 'very stable genius,' of course. None of that was on display during his press conference this week. Far from being stable, he obviously had no clue what was about to happen next. Here's how Trump responded to being asked whether the spread of the virus was inevitable:

I don't think it's inevitable. It probably will. It possibly will. It could be at a very small level or it could be at a larger level. Whatever happens, we're totally prepared. We have the best people in the world.... It's going to be very well under control. Now, it may get bigger. It may get a little bigger. It may not get bigger at all. We'll see what happens. But regardless of what happens, we're totally prepared.

In other words: things could get better, things could get worse, but who knows? Maybe it'll just miraculously disappear on its own in April! This, from a very stable genius who hasn't even learned how to spell coronavirus yet."

 

4
   Everyone else is to blame (of course)

The usual response, from Trump, on any bad thing that happens on his watch.

"During Trump's press conference, he blamed the stock market's disastrous week on the media, the Democratic presidential debates, the Federal Reserve, Boeing, and General Motors. It wouldn't have surprised me at all if he had also blamed Hillary Clinton, Obamacare, or hurricane-force winds in Alabama, at this point. I mean, why not? The one thing that Trump is absolutely sure of -- as always -- is that he himself bears absolutely no blame for anything at all. The very idea is inconceivable, as usual. Never mind that the day after he spoke to the nation in an effort to calm the stock market down the Dow posted its biggest one-day loss in all of history. Mission accomplished, Mister President!"

 

5
   A little incoherent

But don't take our word for it. Let's see what the experts thought of Trump's presser. The following was the reaction from Ezekiel Emanuel, a special advisor to the director general of the World Health Organization:

I found most of what he said a little incoherent. And, you know, he's a guy that admitted that he's surprised that 25,000 to 69,000 people each year die of the flu. That just tells you how little he actually knows about public health and about the health of the American public, because every doctor knows that and lots of health policy experts know that. And he just told you, he just revealed how ignorant he is about the situation.

 

6
   A Never-Trumper weighs in

Max Boot, a conservative columnist at the Washington Post who is in the Never-Trumper camp, certainly didn't hold back either. Here's the start of the article he wrote on Trump's incoherence (which is worth reading in its entirety):

Diseases, far more than any human enemy, ruthlessly expose and exploit the weaknesses of their victims. Now the coronavirus outbreak is laying bare the pathologies of the Trump administration -- which include compulsive lying, pandering to dictators, ideological aversion to "globalism," inveterate hostility toward experts and expertise, and (in a related development) sheer incompetence.

 

7
   Are you freakin' kidding me?!?

Hoo boy....

"I've just heard that the White House is considering solving the coronavirus problem with -- wait for it -- a tax cut. Seriously. That's their answer. Republicans are now left with only one arrow in their quiver, it seems. Is the economy doing well? Cut taxes. Is the economy tanking? Cut taxes. Deficits going up? Tax cuts will save the day. Deficits going down? Well, it's obviously time for another tax cut. A virus pandemic grips the world? Well, the obvious answer is to cut taxes on billionaires. Excuse me, but are you freakin' kidding me?!? The Republican Party has become a sad shell that is completely void of any idea that doesn't include cutting taxes for the wealthy, it seems. So everyone can rest assured, the Trump team is right on top of the coronavirus and will be saving us all. With another tax cut. I wish I were kidding, but sadly, I'm not."

-- Chris Weigant

 

All-time award winners leaderboard, by rank
Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

Cross-posted at: Democratic Underground

 

72 Comments on “Friday Talking Points -- Tax Cuts Will Save Us All!”

  1. [1] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    What a shock. All those Dem candidates having super PACS. And no one calling out Bloomberg for his half-a-gaffe.

    What is that quote from earlier in the article that applies so well here? Oh yeah.

    "...there's no reason to panic, folks-- we have an adequate supply of sand available for everyone to stick their heads into until the emergency is over. Nothing to see here..."

    Okay the part about the sand applies. But this emergency will not be over until we stop it.

    And we can't stop it until people demand that it stops.

    So take your head out of the sand on One Demand and give ordinary citizens the opportunity to have their own super PAC to fight back.

    And this super PAC will represent ordinary citizens because the minimal funding it needs to operate effectively to obtain it's objective will be made by small donors only.

    This super PAC will not need a lot of money to achieve it's objective because it will not be running the advertising that is the big money super PAC's SOP.

    It will only be a middle man in connecting citizens and small donor candidates with minimal advertising.

    And it will NOT be a middle man in funneling money from participants to the small donor candidates.

    The participants will contribute DIRECTLY to the candidates to give each participant control of who they choose to support.

    It's time for you to reconsider who you have been supporting before the emergency becomes a fatality.

  2. [2] 
    Michale wrote:

    FPC,

    DH

    This behavior by Trump was so prolific that in this case it is like being asked to substantiate that the earth is round.

    If it's so prolific, then it should be EASY to substantiate..

    As I did with the Democrats whose racism and race-baiting IS actually prolific..

    My GUESS is someone told you that President Trump was race-baiting and you simply took it at face value.

    Kinda back when ya'all took it at face value that President Trump is racist, but when I tied ya'all down for FACTS, ya'all conceded that there were no facts to support the claim.

    I have a feeling that this is simply more of the same..

    The only ways you could have missed it is if you weren't paying attention or just pretended you didn't see it.

    You mean, like you pretending that small donor candidates are actually possible in today's political climate.. Like you weren't paying attention when it's obvious and prolific in today's candidates that Big Money is the way it's gonna be..

    You mean like that?? :D

  3. [3] 
    Michale wrote:


    You mean, like you pretending that small donor candidates are actually possible in today's political climate.. Like you weren't paying attention when it's obvious and prolific in today's candidates that Big Money is the way it's gonna be..

    OK, that was a cheap shot.. My apologies. :D

    But here's the thing..

    Accusing someone of being a racist or using race-baiting is a serious accusation... OK Granted, maybe not so much today, thanks to Democrats, but it SHOULD be..

    That being the case, doesn't it behoove you to actually have.. YUNNO... iron-clad concrete FACTS to support the accusation??

    Or is it like the prevailing wind that BLOWS thru Weigantia...??? That, when it's Dumbocrats accused, the evidence MUST be iron-clad and irrefutable... But when it's President Trump being accused, rumor, innuendo and outright bullshit is sufficient..

    Is that it???

    "Is that it, Dad... Did the penguin make you do it?"
    -Adam Sandler, BILLY MADISON

    I shouldn't pick on you, per se.. There are those who are MUCH MORE GROSSLY guilty of this double standard than you..

    You just happened to be the one to push this particular LOGIC button of mine.. :D

  4. [4] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @cw,
    I think you meant that liz warren beat Scott Brown for her Senate seat. Scott Walker is Wisconsin.

    JL

  5. [5] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Yes. Someone told me it was race baiting. I told myself because I saw him do it.

    I don't really care if you believe me or not so I am not bothering to look up proof, if you want proof I have explained how you can easily find it.

    You are right is that big money is how it is but not that it is how it will always be.

    The future is yet to be determined.

    And unlike you I don't just accept things the way they are.

    "He's just trying to explain to you the way things are."
    -Hedda Hopper
    "Maybe I don't like the way things are."
    -Kirk Douglas
    Trumbo

  6. [6] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    No wonder she beat Scott Walker- he was campaigning in the wrong state!

  7. [7] 
    Kick wrote:

    CW: Trump then took to the airwaves for a press conference that was as freewheeling and unhinged as usual, and then the very next day the Dow Jones Industrial Average had its worst day in all of history.

    Can't con his way out of this, can he? Not that he won't try, of course; in South Carolina this evening, Trump told a crowd that coronavirus is the "new hoax."

    Meanwhile, Americans confirmed to have contracted Trump's latest claim of "hoax" are being treated in hospitals in the following counties in the United States:

    * Solano County, California
    * Santa Clara County, California
    * Washington County, Oregon

    None of these Americans have a known history of travel to countries hit hard by the outbreak yet have tested positive for Trump's latest claim of "hoax."

  8. [8] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    As I said in most cases yes, this case being a rare exception because it it has been so prolific that you should not have missed it.

    No apology needed as I have been so devastated by the pie jokes and Listen and Kick's debilitating attacks that there is nothing you could do to hurt me anymore. :D

  9. [9] 
    Kick wrote:

    JL
    4

    Scott Walker is Wisconsin.

    At least he was until Honey Badger took care of him in the Blue Wave of 2018. ;)

  10. [10] 
    andygaus wrote:

    Note that the explanation (also heard on Fox news, of course) about how the stock market tumbled because of the Democratic debate implies that investors saw TOO GOOD a lineup of Democrats and are NOT confident Trump will be re-elected. A very strange, atypical and desperate reach for an alternate explanation, quite apart from the fact that it requires investors to have predicted the future by reacting to the Democratic debate before it happened.

  11. [11] 
    Michale wrote:

    DH,

    I don't really care if you believe me or not so I am not bothering to look up proof, if you want proof I have explained how you can easily find it.

    But the problem remains..

    YOU may not know what race-baiting is.. So what you THINK you see might not have ANYTHING do to with race-baiting..

    I get it.. If I didn't have anything to substantiate my claims, I wouldn't want to have to admit it either..

    Good thing my claims of Democrat race baiting is well documented

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    President Trump is going to win re-election..

    That much is certain..

    Dims will lose control of the House..

    That much is also certain...

  13. [13] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    I do not need to have my claims substantiated. You need my claims substantiated because you missed or did not understand it when it happened.

    You may be the one that doesn't know what race-baiting is because you are the one that missed the multiple times it happened and you must have seen it unless you became and remained a Trump supporter without ever hearing him speak.

  14. [14] 
    Michale wrote:

    I have the coronavirus. So far, it isn't that bad.
    https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/opinion/article/I-have-the-coronavirus-So-far-it-isn-t-that-bad-15093664.php

    Things aren't that bad...

    Democrats want to cry and scream hysterically so they can attack President Trump over imagined slights and incompetence..

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    I do not need to have my claims substantiated. You need my claims substantiated because you missed or did not understand it when it happened.

    No.. You need to substantiate your claims because what you claim happened has never happened..

    You may be the one that doesn't know what race-baiting is because you are the one that missed the multiple times it happened and you must have seen it unless you became and remained a Trump supporter without ever hearing him speak.

    And you are the one who claims something is race-baiting when it isn't..

    We can easily confirm this if you simply come up with an action that President Trump did that you think is race-baiting..

    As I said.. I showed it how easy it was to substantiate claims with REAL facts..

    Yer turn.. :D

  16. [16] 
    Kick wrote:

    Things aren't that bad...

    Democrats want to cry and scream hysterically so they can attack President Trump over imagined slights and incompetence..

    Mikey still whining and moaning hysterically that people only imagine Trump is incompetent and Mike perpetually upset this forum isn't full of crusaders for his Orange Worship Comrade Cheetolino?

    Cry more.

    I have been relatively fortunate: At least six Diamond Princess passengers have died from the virus, of the around 705 passengers who caught it.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/02/28/i-have-coronavirus-so-far-it-isnt-that-bad/#comments-wrapper

    "At least" six deaths to date from one cruise ship? So then, not exactly the "hoax" that Incompetent Don is making it out to be.

  17. [17] 
    Kick wrote:

    Chris Lippincott is this week's Most Impressive Democrat Of The Week

    Wait, what!? You just gave this week's MIDOTW to a Texan I know. Lippy! :)

  18. [18] 
    italyrusty wrote:

    Very good FTPs this week, Chris.
    To the list I would add that appointing a science-denier to head the COVID-19 response is but the latest instance of Trump installing unqualified people in leadership positions. To whit:
    * A billionaire advocate of private schools in charge of the Dept of Education
    * Climate-science deniers to lead the EPA.
    * A brain surgeon to lead HUD.
    * A veterinarian to head the Agriculture Dept.
    * Mick Mulvaney in charge of at least half of every dept and bureau whose rat has abandoned the sinking ship.

  19. [19] 
    italyrusty wrote:

    It's not as vivid as the crabs metaphor, but the recent 'historic win' in December by the Conservatives, lead by Boris Johnson, is similar. More than half of the voters DID NOT vote for Bojo. But because they 'split' their vote among other parties, the Tories now control a commanding majority of seats in Parliament.
    Everyone clutching their pearls about Bernie has not coalesced around a single alternate candidate.

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/election-result-boris-johnson-pro-brexit-referendum-voters-conservatives-a9245866.html

  20. [20] 
    italyrusty wrote:

    Will this be the lie that triggers a creeping doubt in Trumpsters that their guy isn't so entertaining anymore?
    '“The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. They're politicizing it,” he said. “They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. No, they can't. They can't count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax.”

    Then Trump called the coronavirus “their new hoax.”'
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/28/trump-south-carolina-rally-coronavirus-118269

  21. [21] 
    MtnCaddy wrote:

    CW wrote:

    "A virus pandemic grips the world? Well, the obvious answer is to cut taxes on billionaires. Excuse me, but are you freakin' kidding me?!? The Republican Party has become a sad shell that is completely void of any idea that doesn't include cutting taxes for the wealthy, it seems. So everyone can rest assured, the Trump team is right on top of the coronavirus and will be saving us all. With another tax cut. I wish I were kidding, but sadly, I'm not."

    Sigh. To get ever more tax relief for our economic elites the Repugs offer the Christofacists the promise of jamming their anti abortion religious beliefs down every other American's throat. So what if there's not a single abortion reference in Scripture? Gotta impose the power of government over every woman's uterus! And don't forget... we gotta fuck with the gays, too.

    In 1980 I got to vote for the very first time. Reagan said, "I want to shrink government down to the size that we can drown it in a bathtub. [And we SHALL drown it.]" Knowing a tad more than the average bear I saw the implications of this "undo the New Deal" Grover Norquist philosophy and was aghast at how I thought that would turn out. As it did, alas.

    My favorite fantasy political bumper sticker would paraphrase the Sarah Palin Doctrine:

    "Hey American Dream. How's that Reaganism® thing working out for you?"

  22. [22] 
    Michale wrote:

    Then Trump called the coronavirus “their new hoax.”'

    Exactly..

    The coronavirus, as it pertains to removing President Trump from office, IS the "new hoax"..

    I am glad you and I can agree...

  23. [23] 
    Michale wrote:

    Once again, I am taken aback at the DEPTH you Trump/America haters will sink to attack President Trump...

    And once the Trump administration valiantly works and finds a cure for this latest hysterical catastrophe, first off, will ya'all give him any credit?? Of course not..

    Secondly, I really have to wonder how much lower ya'all can sink in ya'all's morass of hatred and bile and bigotry...

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    I get it, people.. I really do..

    Ya'all are having a CATASTROPHE of a Democrat Primary.. The ONE candidate that I told ya'all would NEVER win the Dem primary is losing exactly as I predicted.. Party Purity is asserting itself as the top priority.. Just as I predicted it would..

    And yer Dumbocrats are on the cusp of electing the ONE candidate that GUARANTEES not only a President Trump landslide re-election, but also guarantees a GOP House and likely a Senate GOP Supermajority...

    Shit, if I had all those things going against me, I might be tempted to hysterically exaggerate an extinction level event too!! :D

    hewhehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

    You people REALLY crack me up. :D

  25. [25] 
    Michale wrote:

    "At least" six deaths to date from one cruise ship?

    Yea?? Compare that to the 150 million Americans who have died from gun violence!!

    Why should you care anyways?? They were Trump supporters..

    Now ya'all have 6 less Trump supporters to worry about..

    They ***ONLY*** reason ya'all are making such a hysterically big deal about this latest 'ebola'-esque fear mongering is you think you can use it to attack President Trump..

    That is the **ONLY** reason and everyone here knows it..

  26. [26] 
    Michale wrote:

    It doesn't look good for Uncle Joe..

    Sanders knocks Biden out of first
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sanders-knocks-biden-out-of-first

    Now Repeat After Me...

    Democrat Nominee Bernie Sanders...

    President Trump re-elected in a landslide...

    Democrats lose the House...

    GOP in the Senate gets a supermajority...

    Class Dismissed...

    :D

  27. [27] 
    Michale wrote:

    Victoria,

    "At least" six deaths to date from one cruise ship?

    It's funny...

    I didn't hear A PEEP out of ANY of ya'all when Swine Flu killed over 12,000 Americans under Odumbo...

    Why is that??

    Oh yea... THAT'S right.. Because Odumbo has a -D after his name and he gets a pass....

    Again, I wish ya'all could take a step back from yerselves and see how utterly and PATHETICALLY politically bigoted ya'all are...

  28. [28] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Michale-
    No matter how many times you say it again it is still wrong.

    You are the one claiming the earth is flat.

    If you need to substantiate that the earth is round that is your problem, not mine.

    I have provided the information for you to find the information you are seeking. Almost ANY of his speeches/rallies.

    The rest is up to you.

    And there is also no point in you pointing out every time I say something about Trump that you always add something about the Dems doing it too at some point in the discussion.

    There is no point in you mentioning what the Dems do to me because I am not a Dem supporter and I do not claim it is okay if the Dems to do what I say Trump shouldn't be doing.

    For example, When the Dems here make ridiculous demands for proof that One Demand will work before we try it when trying it is the only way to obtain the proof I do not accept their demand for proof as being legitimate any more than yours.

  29. [29] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Mtn Caddy-
    I knew many years ago I had become a political junkie when Grover Norquist was a guest on Washington Journal and I knew who he was before they introduced him.

  30. [30] 
    Michale wrote:

    Com'on..

    Someone show me the commentaries where ya'all condemned Obama for 12,000 American deaths of Swine Flu...

    You can't because there aren't any.. Ya'all were pleased as punch with Obama and his incompetence could kill 12,000 Americans and ya'all would still love and adore and support him...

    Compare THAT to all the commentaries attacking President Trump over the... wait, that can't be right.. the ***ZERO*** Americans who have died from coronavirus under President Trump.....

    Ya'all's hysterical hatred and bigotry simply knows NO depths, does it... :eyeroll:

    Once again..

    Step back...

    Acquire some perspective...

    See how utterly and contemptibly hate-filled and bigoted ya'all (NEN) are...

  31. [31] 
    Michale wrote:

    DH,

    No matter how many times you say it again it is still wrong.

    And no matter how many times you claim I am wrong, it won't mean diddley shit until you have FACTS that prove me wrong..

    Why is that so hard for you to understand???

    What part of that is too difficult a concept??

    I have FACTS that proved my Democrat = Race Baiting claims..

    Are you conceding that I can do something you cannot???

    I have provided the information for you to find the information you are seeking. Almost ANY of his speeches/rallies.

    If what you say is in there so prevelantly, then it should be absolutely a breeze for you to point to it..

    The fact that you don't would indicate you know you are full of kaa kaa.. :D

    For example, When the Dems here make ridiculous demands for proof that One Demand will work before we try it when trying it is the only way to obtain the proof I do not accept their demand for proof as being legitimate any more than yours.

    You are comparing apples and alligators..

    One Demand is a theory regarding a process...

    Your claim that President Trump uses race-baiting is a statement of (in your mind) "fact"..

    I am simply asking you to provide the facts you claim supports the your statement..

    Again, I showed you how easy it is to do..

    I made the counter-claim that it's actually DEMOCRATS who engage in race-baiting on a regular, prolific and on going basis.. I then provided irrefutable FACTS to support the claim I made.

    THAT is how you do it..

    You simply want to make the claim and don't want to do the follow-thru, the actual work of providing the facts that support your claim..

    Until such time as you DO follow-thru with the facts that support your claim, all we have now is one unsubstantiated claim (yours) and a factually substantiated claim.. Mine..

  32. [32] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Did Biden really say that he was going to EARN our votes? (Yes. I just saw it on C-Span.)

    So Biden says One Demand can work and he is going to EARN our votes.

    It really seems like Biden wants to make the small donor commitment, CW, maybe all he needs is a little push.

    There is no way Biden would just be spouting empty rhetoric while doing just the opposite, is there?

    Seems to me we should want to find that out about Biden and all the candidates.

    Let's put them to the test by demanding they EARN our votes by taking action now by committing to run a small donor campaign in the general election instead of spouting empty rhetoric and promises of future action.

    Let's leave the best actor award for the Oscars and demand that our candidates/legislators be the real thing.

  33. [33] 
    Michale wrote:

    Your claim that President Trump uses race-baiting is a statement of (in your mind) "fact"..

    I am simply asking you to provide the facts you claim supports the your statement..

    Again, I showed you how easy it is to do..

    Once again, I am reminded of the similarity between this current discussion and the one we had a year or so ago about President Trump being a racist..

    Everyone here was screaming and carrying on about how President Trump was a racist.. Neil (if I recall correctly.. I miss him) was at the forefront of it..

    So, I stepped up and asked that people actually provide FACTS that would prove President Trump is a racist..

    After days of EVERYONE providing examples that were NOT examples of racism.. (he hates mexicans!! was the most prevalent one.. Easy to knock down..) Neil conceded that, "OK, so President Trump is NOT a racist.. But he IS a bigot!!!" or words to that effect..

    And I said, "Fine.. he is a bigot.. We're ALL bigots about something or another..."

    But the point was that everyone BELIEVED President Trump was a racist because someone told them that and they hated President Trump so much that they would believe ANYTHING about him without ANY supporting facts whatsoever..

    I think we have that same case here.. You don't like President Trump so you'll believe ANYTHING bad about him and you don't need no stinkin' FACTS to believe it..

    Facts are (at least the USED to be) the lifeblood of Weigantia..

    I am endeavoring to bring us back to that simpler time.. :D

  34. [34] 
    Michale wrote:

    Bloomberg warns of 'devastating' Republican supermajority if Sanders is Dem nominee

    Former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg argued that if Democrats chose Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., as their presidential nominee, the government would soon be dominated by Republicans and the resulting judicial confirmations would be "devastating" for decades.

    "I believe that if Bernie Sanders gets the nomination, he will lose to Donald Trump, he will make sure that the Senate stays in Republican hands, he will flip the House back to the Republicans, and even down-ballot he's going to hurt the Democrats," Bloomberg told MSNBC in an interview aired on Friday.

    "So you will have a lot of gerrymandering down-ballot in states, which will hurt the country for a long time. But worse, at the federal level, you will have a whole bunch of judges -- probably even two Supreme Court justices -- that the Republicans will appoint. And those judicial decisions that come out of that will be devastating for this country for decades."
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/bloomberg-republican-supermajority-sanders-nominee-2020

    I don't think you people can comprehend how utterly DEVASTATING a Bernie nomination will be for the Democrat Party...

  35. [35] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    You are refusing to look beyond the facts that you look out your window and see the earth is flat.

    What part of this is the exception to the rule that you do not understand?

    It is easy to find the proof YOU seek, so if you want it do it.

    You made a claim on partial evidence.

    I have told you where to find the other evidence.

    I am not wasting my time looking up specifics on something I already know just because you want me to do it.

    You are the one lacking the knowledge and I do not need to do anything more than point you in the right direction.

  36. [36] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink if he is used to drinking the Koolaid."
    -Me

  37. [37] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    If this were a debate where we were trying to convince other people that our opinions are right I would provide the proof you desire.

    It is not. It is a discussion between you and me.

    As I am only claiming the earth is round and not claiming that I have seen Bigfoot riding the Loch Ness Monster chasing a leprechan riding a unicorn, I really don't feel any obligation in a discussion to provide the proof you seek.

  38. [38] 
    Michale wrote:

    Hay Russ...

    Larry Elder: 2020 Republicans are ready to party like it's 1972

    After Richard Nixon's landslide 1972 victory over Democratic opponent George McGovern, New Yorker film critic Pauline Kael gave a speech in which she said: "I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don't know. They're outside my ken. But sometimes when I'm in a theater I can feel them."

    2020 Democrats, at least the sensible ones, find themselves in a full-blown panic over the prospect of a nominee who is outside their ken. How scared are they? About the prospect of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., leading the Democratic ticket, top Democratic strategist James Carville said: "I'm 75 years old. Why am I here doing this? Because I am scared to death, that's why. Let's get relevant here ... All the Sanders people are taking pictures wishing (British Labour Party leader) Jeremy Corbyn the best. I don't want to go down that path!"

    He added: "We've got to decide what we want to be. Do we want to be an ideological cult? Or do we want to have a majoritarian instinct to be a majority party? What we need is power, you understand? That's what this is about. Without power, you have nothing. You just have talking points."
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/larry-elder-republicans-are-ready-to-party-like-1972

    Must be pretty disillusioning for you, what with all your hatred and bigotry, to find out that it's the DEMOCRAT side that is cult-like, eh?? :D

    I have to admit, I love the irony... It's delicious!! It tastes like chicken... :D

  39. [39] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    I don't remember ever asking you or anyone here to provide proof the earth is round when such a claim is made.

    I have probably asked for proof when claims are made about seeing Bigfoot.

    Am I not usually pretty reasonable in this regard? (It's okay to grade on a curve if that's what you need to do to answer yes :D)

  40. [40] 
    Michale wrote:

    If this were a debate where we were trying to convince other people that our opinions are right I would provide the proof you desire.

    It is not. It is a discussion between you and me.

    Lucky for you... If it was a structured debate you would be disqualified.. :D

    As such, you can understand if I don't take your assurances that I am wrong just because you say I am.. :D

    As I am only claiming the earth is round

    Which simply proves my point that your attitude is, President Trump is guilty because EVERYONE knows it. We don't need any facts..

    While that's a good 3rd grade playground attitude, it doesn't play well in the streets of Weigantia..

    I really don't feel any obligation in a discussion to provide the proof you seek.

    Of course you don't.. And THAT is why your candidates will always lose..

    Because FACTS and REALITY have no place in your discussions...

  41. [41] 
    Michale wrote:

    I don't remember ever asking you or anyone here to provide proof the earth is round when such a claim is made.

    Because you are speaking in absolutes when discussing the shape of the planet..

    When discussing President Trump you are speaking from bigotry political partisanship..

    Again.. apples and alligators...

  42. [42] 
    Michale wrote:

    "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink if he is used to drinking the Koolaid."

    One man's koolaid is another man's Kentucky Whiskey...

  43. [43] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    No, I am not saying everyone knows it I am saying what I know from personal observation and telling you where I saw it. If you don't want to look you don't have to.

    "When discussing President Trump you are speaking from bigotry political partisanship.."

    So you really have seen Bigfoot?

    Which candidates and party were you referring to?

  44. [44] 
    Michale wrote:

    No, I am not saying everyone knows it I am saying what I know from personal observation and telling you where I saw it. If you don't want to look you don't have to.

    You said you saw it at a Trump rally.

    And you HONESTLY think that's enough for me to research it even if I were so inclined to substantiate YOUR claim??? :D

    Shirley, you jest..

    Not that it's relevant, but yes I have..

    Which candidates and party were you referring to?

    Uh... President Trump... The one you claimed uses race-baiting but don't have any facts to back it up.. :D

  45. [45] 
    Michale wrote:

    OK As I mentioned before, I am officiating my daughter's wedding today..

    Here is my wedding speech..

    Any constructive comments would be most appreciated..

    Hi everyone and welcome to this blessed event..
    I sat down recently to write out what I am going to say..

    Dearly beloved.... That's what I have so far..

    (pause for laughter)

    Seriously, we are here to see Tanya and Jason off on an incredible new journey.. Their first step into becoming, in the eyes of god and man, true partners in life..

    Having taken that step almost 40 years ago with my own lovely life partner, I am so thrilled for the exciting journey that Tanya and Jason begin today.
    It's a journey that, while fun and exciting is not without it's pitfalls... There will tribulations and trials along the way.. And if I can offer one single solitary piece of advice... if you take nothing away from ya'all's entire lives today except one thing.. It would be this.

    Don't sweat the small stuff.. Life is going to throw at you some unimaginable curve balls.. There will be hard times and there will be mean times.. But thru out all those times, the one cardinal advice I can give will get you thru the tough times..

    Don't sweat the small stuff... By not letting the small stuff consume you, that makes you both so much stronger to face the truly serious and heart-wrenching things that may be vistited upon you.. So remember this one thing and you both will be stronger.. Don't sweat the small stuff..

    But this is a celebration so enough of the gloom and doom.. Tanya, Jason the journey you begin today will be totally mindblowing, simply by virtue of you taking the journey together...

    And we... your family and your friends... are honored to be able to be here to celebrate your journeys beginnings..

  46. [46] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    So the candidate you were referring to that is my candidate that will always lose is Trump and the party that inspires my alleged bigotry against Trump is also Trump?

    Well, you are right on the second point. :D

  47. [47] 
    Michale wrote:

    Dog owner says to dog, "The neighbors are telling me you are chasing our neighbors on a bicycle.."
    Dog replies,
    "That's a blatant lie!! I don't even HAVE a bicycle!!"

    Ba da ding.... :D

  48. [48] 
    Michale wrote:

    Well, you are right on the second point. :D

    Exactly..

    And we also now know that there is no factual basis for your bigotry...

    Once you admit that, the rest comes easy.. :D

  49. [49] 
    Michale wrote:

    The internet is going wild over these inflatable latex trousers
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/harikrishnan-inflatable-latex-trousers-150719258.html

    The Democrat mentality.. :eyeroll:

  50. [50] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Michale-
    Hope you enjoy your wedding.

    I no longer attend weddings (I am not against marriage, I just find weddings boring and annoying) but I'm sure your speech will go over well.

    Don't sweat the small stuff. Hmmmmmm.
    (pause for laughter) :D

  51. [51] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    That's alleged bigotry. :D

  52. [52] 
    Michale wrote:

    Hope you enjoy your wedding.

    I no longer attend weddings (I am not against marriage, I just find weddings boring and annoying) but I'm sure your speech will go over well.

    Thank you...

    Don't sweat the small stuff. Hmmmmmm.
    (pause for laughter) :D

    I know right!? :D

  53. [53] 
    C. R. Stucki wrote:

    Re "Donald Trump, the 'stable' genius".

    Could that possibly explain why everything that comes out of his mouth is horseshit???

    (Sorry city dudes, if that country boy's inside joke sails right over your heads!)

  54. [54] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    @kick,
    scott walker lost to tony evers. come after teachers at your own risk, we don't have much left to lose. i'd heard the honey badger meme before, but that video was just silly.

  55. [55] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    You can make pie from honey badger.

  56. [56] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    CRS-
    You sure seem to have a strange way of cleaning the stables in your neck of the woods. :D

  57. [57] 
    Kick wrote:

    C. R. Stucki
    53

    Re "Donald Trump, the 'stable' genius".

    Could that possibly explain why everything that comes out of his mouth is horseshit???

    (Sorry city dudes, if that country boy's inside joke sails right over your heads!)

    Stucki, you better check your temperature; you're sounding like me:

    [3] Kick wrote:

    CW: The stable-minded genius strikes again!

    Isn't it possible he refers to himself as a "stable-minded genius" because his mind is full of horseshit?

    [Friday, July 5th, 2019 at 18:17 UTC]

  58. [58] 
    Kick wrote:

    Mike
    25|27

    That fact seems to have really stuck in your craw, got your knickers in a twist, rankled you so much you had to post it twice and commence to inventing your totally typical fabricated asinine and nonsensical bullshit. Thanks for letting us know.

    Meanwhile, your repetitive deflection to Obama and your standard argument of ideology simply indicates you have nothing in the tank to defend Incompetent Donald.

  59. [59] 
    Kick wrote:

    JL
    54

    scott walker lost to tony evers. come after teachers at your own risk, we don't have much left to lose.

    You know it!

    i'd heard the honey badger meme before, but that video was just silly.

    That cobra didn't think it was so silly, now did he? ;)

  60. [60] 
    Michale wrote:

    i'd heard the honey badger meme before, but that video was just silly.

    Most things associated with the honey badger IS just silly..

    You ever see Central Intelligence?? :D

  61. [61] 
    Michale wrote:

    Whew!! I am glad to be done with another wedding..

    Thank gods it only happens once per child.. :D

  62. [62] 
    Michale wrote:

    President Trump's wisdom of Travel Bans is now readily apparent to the most moronic dullard..

    President Trump is like President Jack Ryan in EXECUTIVE ORDERS....

    It's awesome this country has President Trump as it's leader...

  63. [63] 
    Michale wrote:

    Biden fights for survival in South Carolina primary, Sanders looks to extend winning streak
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/south-carolina-primary-polls-open-biden-sanders-survival

    Welp, after tonight, we'll see who has the predictive chops around here and who is resorting to wish-casting.. :D

  64. [64] 
    Kick wrote:

    Today, a Washington State man in his 50s with underlying conditions became the first COVID-19-related fatality in the United States.

    Meanwhile, Donald Trump took to the podium in Washington, DC, for the second time in days in yet another attempt to ease fears regarding the totally inept way his administration has handled America's response to the current outbreak. Notifying the country about the fatality, Trump explained: "She was a wonderful woman."

    Trump the Incompetent Con... tried so hard to fake it but didn't quite make it.

    The 15, within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero. That's a pretty good job we've done.
    ~ Donald Trump, February 26, 2020

    So by his own metric, if the 15 within a couple of days wasn't down to anywhere near zero, would Trump concede by his own metric that this is a pathetic job he's done?

    I said it before, and I'll say it again: Donald Trump cannot con his way out of this one.

  65. [65] 
    Michale wrote:

    For a second straight night Biden drew a crowd of roughly 750 people – large by Biden standards.

    Hell, President Trump draws a crowd like that when he goes to the bathroom!! :D

  66. [66] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    Program Note:

    I just posted a separate thread for comments on the SC primary returns (polls close in half an hour...). So everyone should go over to:

    http://www.chrisweigant.com/2020/02/29/program-note-79/#respond

    if you'd like to join in the fun.

    -CW

  67. [67] 
    Michale wrote:

    I said it before, and I'll say it again: Donald Trump cannot con his way out of this one.

    Yea, except President Trump is not conning his way out of anything..

    And you have ALWAYS been wrong whenever you said ANYTHING bad about President Trump..

    Funny.. You didn't care at all when Odumbo tried to con his way out of Swine Flu and it killed over 12,000 Americans.

    So, obviously, Americans dying aren't an issue for you at all....

    Funny how that is, eh??

    Moron... :D

  68. [68] 
    Michale wrote:

    if you'd like to join in the fun.

    Fun!!??? Did someone say FUN!!! :D

  69. [69] 
    Kick wrote:

    Funny.. You didn't care at all when Odumbo tried to con his way out of Swine Flu and it killed over 12,000 Americans.

    Of course, there are no facts to support the bullshit claim.. :D

    So, obviously, Americans dying aren't an issue for you at all....

    Of course, there are no facts to support the bullshit claim.. :D

  70. [70] 
    John M wrote:

    [12] Michale wrote:
    "President Trump is going to win re-election..

    That much is certain..

    Dims will lose control of the House..

    That much is also certain..."

    Michale, you're full of it.

    That much is certain.

    President Trump is going to lose. That much is certain.

    Democrats will keep control of the House. That much is also certain.

  71. [71] 
    John M wrote:

    [14] Michale wrote:

    "I have the coronavirus. So far, it isn't that bad.
    https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/opinion/article/I-have-the-coronavirus-So-far-it-isn-t-that-bad-15093664.php

    Things aren't that bad..."

    Once AGAIN, I have to ask...

    Do you EVEN READ your own articles that you post????

    What the man said in the article:

    1) His temperature was 103

    2) He has been sick for at least 10 days

    3) He has been in isolation for the past 24 days

    SO FAR.....

    And that doesn't sound that bad?????

  72. [72] 
    SF Bear wrote:

    So Michale;

    Do you believe Mike Pence was the best choice for Czar of the virus fight?

    Do you think a tax cut is the best way to deal with the problems associated with this virus?

    OR do you disagree with Trump's actions on this issue?

Comments for this article are closed.