ChrisWeigant.com

Fighting The King Of Distraction

[ Posted Thursday, July 18th, 2019 – 16:39 UTC ]

The draw for the second round of Democratic debates is happening soon (by the time you read this it may have already happened, in fact). CNN has hyped this event almost as much as the debates themselves, and it certainly will (quite literally) set the stage for both nights of debate, as the 20 candidates who have qualified are somehow quasi-randomly divided up. The lineups will be important for all the candidates' chances of standing out from the crowd, but it is important even in this fairly early stage of the nomination race to keep our focus on the main goal: beating Donald Trump next November. And that -- as over 16 failed Republican candidates can attest to -- will be no easy feat. How do you beat Trump on the playing field he has chosen to run his campaign from?

This week was rather instructional in pointing out the enormity of the problem for Democrats. The House of Representatives just passed a historic bill which will not only gradually raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, but it will also permanently fix two related problems, by instituting a cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) so that in future the minimum wage will rise automatically over time, and by gradually getting rid of the sub-minimum wage that employers are now allowed to pay "tipped" employees. All of these would be a very welcome change indeed to America's low-wage workers, both now and in the future. The "Fight For $15" movement has finally come to fruition in the Democratic Party, which is indeed an impressively historic achievement.

In normal times, this would be a huge news story. The Democrats, from Nancy Pelosi on down, would be using the fact that Mitch McConnell will now let this bill die in the Senate as a bludgeon to beat up Republicans out on the campaign trail. Almost no Republicans voted for it in the House, and McConnell's obstructionism is supported by just about every Senate Republican as well. However, the minimum wage is a very potent issue among voters, who are overwhelmingly for raising it, even in deep red states. Need proof? One of the last states to raise their statewide minimum wage by voter referendum was Nebraska. This is a winning issue for Democrats, as people are tired of hearing all the doomsaying from the GOP about how it will destroy everyone's job. This dire prediction never actually comes to pass after minimum wages are hiked, and the voters know this full well -- which is why it is such a great political issue for Democrats.

However, these are not normal times. I doubt this story will even get more than 15 seconds of coverage (if that) on the national news tonight. Instead, the continuing saga of Donald Trump's blatant racism will lead the news, as it has all week long. This is the real challenge for Democrats -- breaking through Trump's dominance of the daily news cycle.

Trump is a genius (although not a very stable one) when it comes to the art of distraction. He knows that one incendiary tweet from him will wipe out just about any other story in the news. He has proven his ability to do so over and over again, in fact. An asteroid could be heading for Earth next week, and Trump would still be able to shove the story off the front page by tweeting out something so outrageous it causes everyone to forget about the imminent destruction.

Which is why what I'll be watching for in the debates is whether any of these candidates can counteract Trump's talent for distraction. So far, nobody's really figured out how to do so with any noticeable degree of success.

Ignoring Trump doesn't work. Taking the high road and trying to change the subject doesn't work all that well either. Directly punching back at him and rolling around in the mud does have some limited appeal, but trying to out-bully the biggest bully around is a tough thing to achieve. Appealing to everyone's better natures is laughably ineffective. Condemning Trump in the strongest possible language pleases the base voters, but that's about it. Fighting Trump with Trump's own fire -- refusing to ever admit being wrong and just being even more outrageous than Trump -- hasn't really been fully tested yet, but this strategy obviously carries a lot of risk.

The Democratic candidates are going to go after each other fiercely in the second round of debates, because it is so crucial for each one of them to do so. Frontrunner Joe Biden has to prove that his first debate performance was an aberration and that he's on top of his game once again. The second-place pack of Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Kamala Harris will all be hoping to replicate the breakout moment that Harris had in the last debate, because she was the only one to see her polling dramatically improve afterwards. All the minor candidates will be desperately trying to make a name for themselves, because most of them will be excluded from further debates if their polling doesn't immediately improve as a result of the second debates. So everyone's got a lot to gain and a lot to lose in the second debates, which should guarantee a lively time all around.

But again, the real issue to focus on while watching is not how well they can best each other, but how their political style of infighting will play against Donald Trump in the general election. Imagine each of them across a stage from Trump, in other words, while watching them. The thing to look for is not so much having zingers memorized and ready to go, but rather a clear ability to think on your feet and respond in the moment. One zinger may get you a round of applause and some media attention, but it's the back-and-forth afterward that will be truly instructive. Can the candidate take the heat and then dish even worse heat back out? That is almost a required skill for any Democrat who hopes to beat Trump, after all.

Whichever candidate wins the nomination and gets to take Trump on directly in the general election debates is going to have to be fully able to deal with his quixotic method of arguing, which includes flinging tangential or completely unrelated issues out in desperation, to distract from the actual question he's been asked. Being able to counter this stream-of-consciousness style is going to be critical. Of course, a Democratic debate isn't really a true test of this ability, since pretty much every candidate on the stage actually speaks in rational sentences using polysyllabic words and doesn't flit from subject to subject like an overcaffeinated bee. But even with that as a given, what I'll be looking for in terms of who I think would be the best candidate to take on Trump is who can tie the other candidates up in knots by how they make their arguments.

The true test of Trump's ability to distract the nation won't come until the final weeks of the 2020 campaign. What will he do just before the election to completely change the subject? Last time around, James Comey pretty much did this for Trump, but this time around Trump controls the executive branch and has all sorts of ways to distract the nation. If he's desperately behind in the polls, he will have no qualms about throwing the biggest "Hail Mary" pass imaginable. The Democratic candidate will have to break through this last-minute haze, and the Democratic debates are the best test of who is best equipped to do so. They'll have to have the ability to dominate the conversation in one way or another, or Trump's ability to change the subject is going to swamp them.

The Democratic candidates right now are most concerned with pleasing the base voters, which is understandable for this stage of the race. But what will be required to win the White House next year will be the ability to connect with all those voters who (at times) are very easily distracted by the Sturm und Drang that Trump generates on a daily basis. Cutting through the noise and making a point against this sort of fury is tough to do, but that's really the only path to victory that I see.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

66 Comments on “Fighting The King Of Distraction”

  1. [1] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    The Dems will not win by connecting with voters that are easily distracted by Trump.

    The Dems will not win by offering a false alternative to those that are fed up with big money corporate Democrats and are not easily fooled by the legislation passed by Democrats that will never become law either before or after the Dems are in control.

    The only way for the Dems to win is to offer a real alternative of small donor candidates which could inspire participation by some of the 40% that don't vote because they know both CMPs are owned by the big money interests.

    That extra 5-10% nationally would be enough to swing many districts and senate races to the Dems as well some close electoral vote outcomes.

    And those candidates might even have more than four votes and be able to actually make the rest of the Dems live up to their promises once they are in control.

    But that only comes into play if the Dems actually want to win and improve our country instead of doing their job for the big money interests of offering an alternative distraction of empty promises and a false alternative.

    Or if citizens work together to demand it so that the politicans don't have a choice instead of citizens being fed the lie that we don't have a choice other than the two big money corporate CMP lackeys.

  2. [2] 
    Kick wrote:

    There's no magic whatsoever in taking down a bully. Why is that? Because the vast majority of bullies are people who display an outward air of superiority via pathologically lying and gaslighting, but underneath all that bombast is a person who feels unworthy, insecure, afraid, needy, peevish, self-pitying, has no core sense of self, and who projects all their own characteristics onto others.

    That's Trump... and you take him down by exposing him for the fraud that he is. :)

  3. [3] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Most democrats will be looking for a centrist.

    Activists will be looking for an activist.

    The winner will be able to thread that needle.

    I don't honestly think that Trump will be that hard to take on in the General election, as most of what he has to say is Apples to our Oranges.

    We just have to turn out in large enough numbers to win.

  4. [4] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    That's Trump... and you take him down by exposing him for the fraud that he is. :)

    It would be nice if it were that simple.

  5. [5] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Ignoring Trump doesn't work. Taking the high road and trying to change the subject doesn't work all that well either. Directly punching back at him and rolling around in the mud does have some limited appeal, but trying to out-bully the biggest bully around is a tough thing to achieve. Appealing to everyone's better natures is laughably ineffective. Condemning Trump in the strongest possible language pleases the base voters, but that's about it. Fighting Trump with Trump's own fire -- refusing to ever admit being wrong and just being even more outrageous than Trump -- hasn't really been fully tested yet, but this strategy obviously carries a lot of risk.

    So, Chris, what do you think will work?

    I think the key to beating Trump is to expose his deep ignorance on any given issue in a firm but polite manner and take it from there.

  6. [6] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    4

    It would be nice if it were that simple.

    Oh, yes, Elizabeth Miller weighs in with one of her customary little nuggets of disdain. The dismissiveness of the comments of others is so much easier than making a real contribution of your own:

    You misunderstood what I meant, Kick. ~ Elizabeth Miller

    How "simple" it will be for the Democratic candidate to expose the Trump fraud will depend on the level of their intelligence along with a myriad of other factors. Depending on the nominee, it might take a tag team of candidates. We'll see. :)

  7. [7] 
    Kick wrote:

    Elizabeth Miller
    5

    I think the key to beating Trump is to expose his deep ignorance on any given issue in a firm but polite manner and take it from there.

    It would be nice if it were that simple. ;) <---kidding

  8. [8] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    I think that if and when Trump spews out a jumbled word salad during a debate, his opponent needs to immediately ask Trump if he is feeling OK —pour on the concern that he is ill. Then quickly ask the moderator if they think it’d be wise for someone to check to make sure he is OK since he is speaking gibberish? Hate for him to have a stroke on stage and no one does anything to help!

    Point out every time he rambles one of his unintelligible rants. Ask how are they supposed to respond to incoherent babble? But do it in a non-snarky way — making it clear that he is to be pitied in his current condition. If Trump says his doctor gave him a clean bill of health, point out that that doctor also said Trump was 6’3” tall and 235# — two things that are obviously not true — so he might want to get a second opinion!

    If he tries standing right behind the candidate like he did with Hillary...don’t ignore his strange actions, but instead stop talking, grab him by his hand and tell the crowd that you have friends who are also suffering from dementia and wander off if you don’t pay close enough attention —say all this as you walk him back to his podium.

    Candidates should not simply try to ignore Trump’s antics in a desire to show the world they know the proper way to act — we all know how people should act in these situations. Hillary tried to do this and act like Trump wasn’t getting to her...when he clearly was. They have to point out Trump’s behavior whenever it is inappropriate...not in a mocking way, but in a way that shows real concern — and even pity — for Trump’s mental state!

  9. [9] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Liz,

    I think the key to beating Trump is to expose his deep ignorance on any given issue in a firm but polite manner and take it from there.

    How can Trump’s ignorance for most issues be anymore exposed than it already is? Tariffs are a tax on items that the consumer is forced to pay, the country the item comes from doesn’t pay it. Yet Trump still says “Jhina” is paying millions to us thanks to the tariffs he placed on the goods that we import from them.

    I think it’d be better to call him out on the specific lies he’s told the country. Remember when he promised service members he visited over Xmas that the military had a 10% pay raise coming thanks to him? No one I know in the military has seen that raise show up in their paychecks.

    Remember how he said he was pulling us out of the Iran deal because he thought Iran wasn’t holding up their end of the agreement (even though the international inspectors said they were in compliance). Iran did not violate the terms of the agreement, the United States did! We are the country that can no longer be trusted to keep our word.

    Trump says that the GOP will make sure insurance companies are not able to deny anyone’s coverage based on preexisting conditions...but his DOJ is fighting to have the ACA ruled unconstitutional — which would immediately allow pre-existing conditions to cost you your coverage.

    These are the things that must be hammered home during the debates.

  10. [10] 
    Michale wrote:

    END OF WATCH

    Sergeant Michael Stephen
    Stone County Sheriff's Office, Arkansas
    End of Watch: Thursday, July 18, 201

    https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/1c1f544ea7b54a58eeb922b13ed887fee999c194c40e07aed62a98eda2ef6593.jpg

  11. [11] 
    Michale wrote:

    This week was rather instructional in pointing out the enormity of the problem for Democrats.

    That's funny.. When I point the enormity of the problem for Democrats, I get attacked.. :D

    All of these would be a very welcome change indeed to America's low-wage workers, both now and in the future. The "Fight For $15" movement has finally come to fruition in the Democratic Party, which is indeed an impressively historic achievement.

    And in all the cities where $15 p/h was instituted there was massive job loss..

    So, yea.. $15 p/h is a great thing... For the third of workers who still HAVE a job.. :eyeroll:

    Instead, the continuing saga of Donald Trump's blatant racism will lead the news, as it has all week long. This is the real challenge for Democrats -- breaking through Trump's dominance of the daily news cycle.

    Maybe they should stop hysterically reacting to President Trump's every fart??

    Naaaw.. Dumbocrats can't do that.. :eyeroll:

    Trump is a genius (although not a very stable one) when it comes to the art of distraction.

    What you call "distraction" is nothing more than beating the Dumbocrats at their own game..

    And yer right.. As I have been saying all week..

    President Trump is a GENIUS at it..

    Much MUCH better than the Dumbocrats could EVER hope to be.. :D

    He has proven his ability to do so over and over again, in fact. An asteroid could be heading for Earth next week, and Trump would still be able to shove the story off the front page by tweeting out something so outrageous it causes everyone to forget about the imminent destruction.

    And the Dumbocrats solution is to fall for it time and time and time again...

    "Good call!!"
    -Jim Carrey, LIAR LIAR

    So far, nobody's really figured out how to do so with any noticeable degree of success.

    So... You don't really MIND the distractions.. Yer just pissed that President Trump does it soooo much better than Dumbocrats.. :D Hokay, I can understand that.. :D

    Ignoring Trump doesn't work. Taking the high road and trying to change the subject doesn't work all that well either. Directly punching back at him and rolling around in the mud does have some limited appeal, but trying to out-bully the biggest bully around is a tough thing to achieve. Appealing to everyone's better natures is laughably ineffective. Condemning Trump in the strongest possible language pleases the base voters, but that's about it. Fighting Trump with Trump's own fire -- refusing to ever admit being wrong and just being even more outrageous than Trump -- hasn't really been fully tested yet, but this strategy obviously carries a lot of risk.

    Yep... It's what I have been saying for two years now...

    Democrats CAN'T win... :D

    The Democratic candidates are going to go after each other fiercely in the second round of debates, because it is so crucial for each one of them to do so.

    But... But.... But.... But....

    "We are able to have differing opinions on how we best solve problems without having to resort to name calling and insults."
    -Russ

    That is almost a required skill for any Democrat who hopes to beat Trump, after all.

    NOW yer getting it.. :D And it's quite funny..

    Ya'all go on and on about ya'all's Trump hate, yet NOW you are realizing that, to win, your candidate is going to have to be like Trump... :D

    In a normal world, that should fill ya'all up with shame that you are advocating your candidate to be Trump... :D

    What will he do just before the election to completely change the subject?

    He won't have to.. Because the reality is going to be how bad the Dumbocrat candidate is losing.. :D And President Trump will revel in that.. :D

    The Democratic candidates right now are most concerned with pleasing the base voters, which is understandable for this stage of the race. But what will be required to win the White House next year will be the ability to connect with all those voters who (at times) are very easily distracted by the Sturm und Drang that Trump generates on a daily basis. Cutting through the noise and making a point against this sort of fury is tough to do, but that's really the only path to victory that I see.

    Then ya have already lost..

    Because there is NO CANDIDATE who has the ability to out Trump President Trump..

    You know it.. I know it..

    Patriotic Americans may not like President Trump personally.. They may abhor his manners and his ghastly arrogance and his gouache ways..

    But what the can't deny is the FACT that their lives are better now then they were under Odumbo and the Dumbocrats...

    And that is all that is needed for them to hold their nose and vote President Trump..

    Throw into the mix the *FACT* that the Dem nominee has PROMISED to give full free healthcare to illegal immigrants and/or has PROMISED to decriminalize the border making essentially Open Borders and/or has PROMISED to raise taxes on the middle class Americans...

    Throw in all those ***FACTS*** and you have a Dumbocrat candidate who has lost the General before they even were nominated..

    Because it's a STONE COLD FACT that no Independent, No NPA and No Trump voter will vote for such a candidate..

    And the Dim nominee MUST have all three to win...

    So, it's time to admit that the BEST course of action is to concede 2020 and prepare to face VP Pence in 2024.....

    Or maybe even President Trump again.. :D It's happened before.. Wouldn't THAT be a hoot.. :D

  12. [12] 
    Michale wrote:

    DH,

    The Dems will not win by connecting with voters that are easily distracted by Trump.

    That's true.. :D

  13. [13] 
    Michale wrote:

    Most democrats will be looking for a centrist.

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    I don't know if you actually BELIEVE that or not...

    Do you have *ANY* Facts to support that claim???

    No?? Of course not..

    I don't honestly think that Trump will be that hard to take on in the General election, as most of what he has to say is Apples to our Oranges.

    Nearly word for word what you said in the run-up to the 2016 election.. :D

    You sure love being wrong, don't you?? :D

    We just have to turn out in large enough numbers to win.

    Again... Almost EXACTLY what you said in the run-up to 2016..

    And you were WRONG...

    You DID turn out large numbers and ya'all STILL lost..

    Large numbers are not the key.. Dumbocrats do not have large enough numbers to take an election..

    You must turn out the RIGHT numbers...

    That would include Independents and NPAs and Trump voters...

    How do you expect a Dim nominee that has PROMISED to give full free healthcare to illegal immigrants and/or has PROMISED to decriminalize the border making essentially Open Borders and/or has PROMISED to raise taxes on the middle class Americans...

    How do you expect a Dim candidate stoopid enough to promise those things to appeal to an Independent, an NPA, a Trump supporter??

    You can't, because it will NEVER happen..

    The ONLY way that Dumbocrats can even HOPE to win in 2020 is to hire a hitman to take out the President...

    And I am certain such a discussion HAS taken place already in the halls of Dumbocrats..

    Let me put it simply and plainly..

    Dumbocrats do not have a snowball's chance in hell of taking the White House in 2020.. NOT... A.... CHANCE....

    I daresay that, given the HUGE Left-ward lurch of the Dumbocrat Party, it's likely that Dims will lose the House as well...

    The ONLY reason Dims won the House in 2018 is because Dim candidates ran as Republicans...

    So, give it up already, Balthy... Yer gonna lose..

    And if you think I was insufferable after 2016 and after Mueller totally and completely exonerated President Trump over Russia Collusion...????

    You ain't seen anything yet!!! :D

  14. [14] 
    Michale wrote:

    So, Chris, what do you think will work?

    I think it's clear NOTHING will work...

    President Trump's instincts have been honed by DECADES of business dealings..

    Dumbocrats can't match that...

    I think the key to beating Trump is to expose his deep ignorance on any given issue?

    Can't do it.. A> Because there is no ignorance on the part of President Trump.. Deep or otherwise.. He knows the game.. He knows how it should be played.. But what you call "ignorance" is simply nothing more than President Trump CHOOSING to play the game HIS way..

    And, guess what?? It's working.. :D

    America is in great shape.. Americans are better off now under President Trump than they EVER were under Odumbo and the Dumbocrats..

    The ONLY people who will deny it (even though it's factually accurate for them too) are the Trump/America haters..

    Hell, Neil himself acknowledged that his finances and his family were MUCH better off under President Trump..

    THAT is going to be what makes President Trump win in a landslide..

    Americans are much better off now than they were under Odumbo and the Dumbocrats.. This is fact..

    in a firm but polite manner and take it from there

    Polite???? Dumbocrats don't do "polite"..

    Dumbocrats send in their AntiFa terrorist teams... They don't know "polite"...

    :eyeroll:

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    Candidates should not simply try to ignore Trump’s antics in a desire to show the world they know the proper way to act — we all know how people should act in these situations. Hillary tried to do this and act like Trump wasn’t getting to her...when he clearly was. They have to point out Trump’s behavior whenever it is inappropriate...not in a mocking way, but in a way that shows real concern — and even pity — for Trump’s mental state!

    In other words, ignore the facts, ignore the country's business... Just manhandle President Trump..

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Yea... Lemme know how that works for for ya, chump... :D

  16. [16] 
    Michale wrote:

    Trump says that the GOP will make sure insurance companies are not able to deny anyone’s coverage based on preexisting conditions...but his DOJ is fighting to have the ACA ruled unconstitutional — which would immediately allow pre-existing conditions to cost you your coverage.

    And Dumbocrats want to ELIMINATE every American's health insurance...

    Insurance that tens of millions of Americans LIKE...

    So, what's yer point, nimrod???

  17. [17] 
    Michale wrote:

    Violent confrontations rock Puerto Rico protests demanding the governor step down
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article232779917.html

    BBBWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    All along, it was the GOVERNOR-SHIP of Puerto Rico that was the problem..

    Who could have POSSIBLY thunked that!!???

    Oh... wait.. :D

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    Man shouting ‘You die!’ kills 33 in Japan anime studio fire
    https://www.apnews.com/b10907eaf37945889d9ee4339df92aaa

    And did it without **ANY** guns...

    How can this be??

    Maybe it's the FACT that mass murders will KILL regardless of the tools that are or are not at their disposal..

    "Yes.. I believe I read that someplace.."
    -Colonel Nathan R Jessup, A FEW GOOD MEN

    So, maybe if we address the PERSON... The mental illness and NOT the chosen tool..

    MORE lives will be saved..

    And hay... It will be in keeping with the 2nd Amendment..

    WIN WIN

  19. [19] 
    Michale wrote:

    Bernie Sanders’ campaign workers complaining, fleeing over ‘poverty wages’: report
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-workers-complaining-fleeing-over-poverty-wages-report

    Hypocrisy.... It's the defining Dumbocrat trait...

  20. [20] 
    Michale wrote:

    Meanwhile, President Trump has offered a different perspective on conditions facing U.S. workers.

    During a campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., earlier this week, the president said 6 million new jobs had been created in the U.S. since he was elected and the nation’s unemployment rate of 3.7 percent was at its lowest point in decades.

    Republican leaders have said a minimum wage hike would be “devastating” for middle-class families, citing research from the Congressional Budget Office. The CBO report found that the Democrats’ bill would boost wages for about 17 million people – but it would also reduce business income, raise consumer prices and reduce the nation’s output. Overall, the CBO said the move would reduce real family income by about $9 billion in 2025 – or 0.1 percent.

    Everywhere $15 per hour has been tried on any kind of relevant scale, it's been a disaster...

    You simply can't increase labor costs w/o having any sort of income increase...

    The ONLY logical results will be either sky-rocketing prices or force reduction..

    If force reduction is implemented, then $15 an hour will be great for the third of employees who were able to keep their jobs.. The 2/3rds that were fired?? $15 p/h ain't so hot...

    If a business increases it's prices to allow for the extra labor costs, demand for the business' product will go down. The likely result is the business will have to close and ALL of the employees will be out of a job..

    Dumbocrats are living in a dream world..

  21. [21] 
    Michale wrote:

    On Tuesday, July 30, the debate stage will have Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Beto O'Rourke, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., former Gov. John Hickenlooper, D-Colo., Gov. Steve Bullock, D-Mont., former Rep. John Delaney, D-Md., Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, and spiritual guru Marianne Williamson.

    And on Wednesday, July 31, the stage will include former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif, Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., former HUD Secretary Julian Castro, Rep.Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., Gov. Jay Inslee, D-Wash., Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and businessman Andrew Yang.

    So.. Amongst the candidates that really matter, it's the same line-up as the first pair of debates...

  22. [22] 
    Michale wrote:

    Man Attacking ICE Detention Center Is Fatally Shot by the Police

    The man was armed with a rifle and was throwing “incendiary devices” on Saturday in Tacoma, Wash., officials said.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/13/us/tacoma-detention-center-shooting.html

    Still no condemnation from anyone here over this Democrat AntiFa terrorist attack..

    Why is that???

  23. [23] 
    Michale wrote:

    Independent Journalist Andy Ngo in Hospital with ‘Brain Bleed’ After Portland Antifa Mob Attacks
    https://amgreatness.com/2019/06/29/independent-journalist-andy-ngo-in-hospital-with-brain-bleed-after-portland-antifa-mob-attacks/

    Still no condemnation from anyone here over this Democrat AntiFa terrorist attack against a reporter..

    Why is that???

    Oh that's right.. I control ya'all's comments and since I want ya'all to do the right thing... the moral thing.. ya'all refuse.. :D

    I wasn't aware I had so much power over what ya'all think and do.. :D

    Living Rent Free In The Heads Of Weigantians Since 2010... :D

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    Kamala Harris can deliver a punch — we'll soon see if she can take one
    https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/453327-kamala-harris-can-deliver-a-punch-well-soon-see-if-she-can-take-one

    Harris is really the only candidate who has a partial eye on the General Election..

    She has already back-pedaled on many of her claims..

    But that flip-flopping will be highlighted again and again if she is actually the Dim nominee..

    She doesn't stand a chance against President Trump..

  25. [25] 
    Michale wrote:

    Byron York: Pushups won't make Biden campaign strong

    Can a candidate who is leading the field by 12 points be weak? That's the question of Joe Biden's run for the Democratic presidential nomination.

    The fact is, Biden's campaign is showing signs of weakness. So is the candidate himself. And doing pushups, as Biden suggested he might do to show up President Trump, won't make him any stronger.

    In mid-May, Biden led the sprawling Democratic field by 26 points in the RealClearPolitics average of national polls. By late May, the lead was 17 points. By late June, it was 15 points. Today, it is 12.

    So Biden's lead is still big, but it's less than half what it was not that long ago.

    What might be more concerning to Biden supporters are the signs Biden is not running at full strength, that the 76-year-old former vice president has lost a step.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-push-ups-wont-make-biden-campaign-strong

    Dumbocrats are turning to Party Purity over Electability..

    EXACTLY as I predicted they would..

  26. [26] 
    Michale wrote:

    @Blathy,

    Most democrats will be looking for a centrist.

    Then explain to everyone exactly why Biden's lead has been HALVED in the last couple weeks??

    Biden is the ONLY viable "centrist" in the herd...

    And he is heading down..

    So, given the FACTS...

    Are Dumbocrats looking for a "centrist"???

    OR...

    Is Party Purity re-asserting itself as the Numero Uno priority???

    The facts are clear..

    Yer wrong.. AGAIN...

  27. [27] 
    Michale wrote:

    At a recent Harris town hall in South Carolina, a number of voters — not just Harris supporters but also Democrats still shopping for a candidate — expressed doubts about Biden's staying power.

    "He's getting slow," said one voter. "He can't think that quick, on the go. He gets shaken. I don't think he could beat Trump on stage in a real debate. I think Trump would just tear him up."

    "I think he's dropping off," said another. "He's losing momentum right now."

    "We think maybe his time has come and gone," said yet another, speaking for himself and his wife.

    No number of pushups will fix that.

    I said it at the beginning of all this.. I like Biden.. I respect him...

    But there is simply no way that the Dumbocrat Party will choose an old white guy as their nominee...

    Simply.... NO... WAY....

    Biden's best course of action was to go out on a high note...

    Getting creamed in his 3rd Presidential attempt is NO WAY to cement a good lasting legacy...

    Unfortunately, I called it dead on ballz accurate..

  28. [28] 
    Michale wrote:

    Tammy Bruce: Trump vs. AOC and 'the squad' – What bare-knuckle fight means for 2020

    A very educational series of events occurred in the last couple of weeks illustrating the nature of political maneuvering at the national level. In this case, the Democrats are on the losing end, having been played expertly by President Donald Trump.

    After months of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi trying to placate the four leftist freshmen dropped in her lap after the midterms, suddenly the speaker turned on her unruly and ignorant new members.

    After the freshmen voted against the border aid bill, Pelosi told The New York Times as reported by Fox News, ”‘All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world,’ Mrs. Pelosi said of Reps. Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., and Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass. ‘But they didn’t have any following. They’re four people and that’s how many votes they got.’"

    After Ocasio-Cortez publicly implied Pelosi was a racist, Rep. William Lacy Clay, a Democrat from Missouri, added to the mounting criticism of the four lawmakers. Speaking to Fox News, he characterized Ms. Ocasio-Cortez as ignorant, immature and insensitive, and suggested the four will hurt the Democrats in 2020.

    'The Squad' renews feud with Nancy PelosiVideo
    With Pelosi’s newfound rejection of what is now known as “the squad,” it seemed pretty obvious that the Democratic Party had found through internal polling that those women were not only not representative of a movement, but were actually damaging the Democratic Party.

    Ocasio-Cortez may be a favorite of the news media, cast as the hero of the party, ready to save the nation from all the racist deplorable Trump supporters. The last person to enjoy that designation was creepy porn lawyer Michael Avenatti.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tammy-bruce-trump-aoc-the-squad-2020-election-pelosi

    hahahahahahahahahahaha

    The Dumbocrat Party LOVED the creepy porn lawyer... :D

    Is THAT the Party that patriotic Americans want to have in charge???

    Hell No...

  29. [29] 
    Michale wrote:

    The poll being leaked to the media was likely Pelosi’s hardball against the squad, embarrassing them publicly but also sending a message to every other Democrat that this image of “the squad’s” influence is not only nonexistent, but these individuals and their message are dangerous to any hope they have at winning the White House in 2020.

    Moreover, a shadow is now emerging that they could also lose control of the House of Representatives.

    I’m sure Pelosi at the end of this was pouring a glass of champagne and having a few laughs with her supporters about her skill at managing a dangerous and unwieldy situation.

    Yep... Pelosi was so proud of herself...

    The reality, in the form of President Trump, bitch slapped her across the ass... :D

    In response to a series of tweets critical of the congresswomen, Trump is being accused of being “a racist,” (falsely, of course). In his criticism he names no one and makes no mention of race. After all, he’s not in control of the ethnicity or the race of any member of Congress, and he’s not going to hold anyone to a different standard based on their identity. But that’s one of his crimes as well.

    For those of us who are former political organizers, what the president was doing was clear: Provoking the Democrats into again embracing and defending women whom swing voters find toxic due to their agenda and attitudes. And they’re doing just that.

    In his hallmark transparency, Trump himself noted just this, tweeting: “The Dems were trying to distance themselves from the four ‘progressives,’ but now they are forced to embrace them. That means they are endorsing Socialism, hate of Israel and the USA! Not good for the Democrats!”

    Gods.. Once again, I have to marvel at the genuis of President Trump... :D

    Don't take my word for it.. :D

    "Trump is a genius"
    -CW

    :D

    This is going to be a rinse and repeat moment right up to Nov of 2020...

    Maybe Dumbocrats will actually LEARN not to dance to President Trump's tune...

    .......

    .......

    NAAAWWWWW... Won't happen..... :D

  30. [30] 
    Michale wrote:

    “With his deliberate, racist outburst, @realDonaldTrump wants to raise the profile of his targets, drive Dems to defend them and make them emblematic of the entire party. It’s a cold, hard strategy.”
    -David Axelrod

    And if there is ANYONE who knows about cold hard strategies, it's Axelrod..

    The question is, why do Dumbocrats continue to fall for that??

    Can ANYONE who has more than two brain cells to rub together, answer that???

    {{{ccccchhhhiiirrrrrppppppp}}} {{{ccccchhhiiiirrrrrrppppppppp}}}

    Of course not... :eyeroll:

  31. [31] 
    Michale wrote:

    Democrats call for increased security after 'send her back' chants
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/453716-democrats-call-for-increased-security-after-send-her-back-chants

    Let's ask Rep Steve Scalise how serious Dumbocrats are for "increased security"..

    Oh.. That's right... Dumbocrats are only interested in increased security for Dumbocrats..

    They don't mind if Republicans or even President Trump is gunned down by some Democrat scumbag...

  32. [32] 
    Michale wrote:

    Trump Says U.S. Ship Downed Iranian Drone in Strait of Hormuz

    The president’s comments come after Iranian forces said they had seized a foreign tanker
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-seizes-foreign-tanker-it-accuses-of-smuggling-fuel-11563449352

    "14-13 Michigan!! Way ta go, Mr President!!!"
    -Steward, AIR FORCE ONE

    :D

  33. [33] 
    Michale wrote:

    The same people who are screaming racism & are defending the Squad have been attacking the color of Trumps skin & telling him to Leave since day one! They have attacked his immigrant wife, her accent & the languages she speaks, they have attacked his Jewish daughter & son-in-law.
    Kristy Swanson

    yup... yup...yup...

    Hypocrisy is a defining characteristic of a Dumbocrat..

  34. [34] 
    Michale wrote:

    "I want to make that sure every single person who is in this country, who is aspiring to become part of the American fabric, understands that nothing this president says should be taken to heart. We are Americans as much as everyone else. This is our country, and we are where we belong."
    illan Oman

    And yet, you profess hatred for America and lie about it and Israel all the time..

    You support Al Qaeda and ISIS and Palestinian terrorists..

    You have no moral foundation to consider yourself an American..

  35. [35] 
    Michale wrote:

    America Needs to Rediscover Tact

    In our politics, holding back and minimizing pain has given way to rubbing people’s noses in defeat.

    I want to kick away from the daily and get to something larger.

    We are a nation of just under 330 million. We have a lot of disputes, always have, argument is one of our traditions. To make it all work, to keep this thing going, we have to give each other a little room, a little space. We have so many different thoughts and ways. We have to be easy with each other, not pick on each other all the time.

    This requires tact, which sounds sissy and small-time but is not. Tact takes brains and discipline. It’s a form of empathy: You see the other guy is embarrassed or unhappy, and you decide not to make it worse. You hold back from causing unnecessary pain. It is connected to graciousness: You let your foe up easy.

    In a great roiling democracy tact isn’t only desirable, it is necessary. We won’t hold together as a nation without it.

    And we don’t value it at all. We let it slide down the hole of old habits. Who teaches civic tact now?

    What has taken its place in our political culture is a spirit of maximalism—let’s rub their faces in it.

    In New York six months ago it wasn’t enough to pass one of the most radical pro-abortion laws in the land; you had to light up the World Trade Center and the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge in pink lights to celebrate. So that even the skyline approves of what you did. You say you do this because you’re happy. You do it to rub the opposition’s faces in it.

    Before all that and most famously there was “bake my cake.” You’re not allowed simply to absorb the nation’s changing ways; you have to become part of my wedding even if your faith prohibits this, and if you don’t, I’ll gather my friends and kill your business. Progressives cannot understand what a wound this was to conservative Christians, who were obeying the law but hoped not to be pushed around.

    Nike makes a new sneaker they’re unveiling on July 4, and it’s got a Betsy Ross flag on it, but Colin Kaepernick, a bright and eccentric young man, declares that flag a racist symbol because we used to have slavery and now have unresolved racial problems. And Nike says: What Colin says goes, no flag sneaker for you, America! Who’s worse, Mr. Kaepernick, so full of himself that his need to provide moral instruction is never ameliorated by any personal modesty, or the mealy-mouthed weasel-cynic corporate executives who in their play-to-the-demographic, postpatriotic way give worldly success a bad name?
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/america-needs-to-rediscover-tact-11563490667

    Word.....

  36. [36] 
    Michale wrote:

    In the past, whether you were racist could be judged by your actions. You held ugly biases, you said or did things that were definitionally discriminatory. The bad news is that you were this way, but the good news is that you could change. You could widen your lens, let some love in, say, think or do better things. You could improve.

    And as you did, so would the nation. So there was hope.

    Which was pretty wonderful. You could think, “I will help establish full civil rights for all.” You could commit yourself and succeed. You had agency.

    Now the idea has taken hold that the charge of racism doesn’t derive from thoughts and actions, from what people say and do, but from who they are. If you are white that accident of birth left you racist, and there’s nothing you can do about it. You’ve got white privilege. You are unconsciously favored, and unconsciously assign disfavor. Either way you’re guilty. No action or word can turn this around.

    So change is not possible; improvement will not happen. There’s no way out.

    This is demoralizing. America can never become a better place if it isn’t even allowed to think it can.

    Who would encourage such thinking? I’d say anyone who doesn’t really want racial progress.

    BINGO.....

    THAT is EXACTLY the point..

    Democrats don't WANT racial equality...

    There are a couple reasons for this..

    The most obvious one is, without racism (real or imagined) Democrats would have NO fund raising... The entirety of the Democrat Party resolves around ONE THING... Victimization...

    Which leads us to the second reason why Democrat don't want racial equality...

    They have never forsworn their Slave Owner roots... Democrats LIKE to be the slave owners.. The revel in being the Overlords... They don't WANT their slaves to be free...

    So Democrats enslave the masses with the economic slavery of victimization..

    Democrats say to, not only black Americans, but gay Americans, poor Americans, Sexually Mixed Up Americans...

    "You are a victim.. Nobody likes you. Nobody wants you.. Your only salvation.... Your only means of existence and survival is us... Let us be your masters and you will never be free.. But you will be protected and kept safe.."

    THAT is the message of the Democrat Party..

    A message of victimization.. A message of ownership... A message of slavery...

    Today's Democrat Party...

  37. [37] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Russ[9],

    It can't be more exposed to us and other who follow things as closely as we do, of course.

    But, what about the majority of voters? I think I've tried to make this point before.

  38. [38] 
    Michale wrote:

    But, what about the majority of voters? I think I've tried to make this point before.

    Yes you have.. And very well I might add..

    But it has fallen on deaf ears..

    As have been aptly proven, AND specifically stated... Everyone here ONLY cares about Democrat voters..

    Indepedents, NPAs and Trump voters can go frak themselves...

    People here have unequivocally stated that all they have to do is turn out the Democrat base.. And then Democrats will win..

    They are delusional and immune to FACTS and reality..

    But you get props for trying...

  39. [39] 
    Michale wrote:

    And in other news..

    Once again.. We feel the NEED....

    https://www.imdb.com/list/ls053181649/videoplayer/vi1096858649?ref_=hm_hp_i_1

    The NEED FOR SPEED... :D

    Trailer looks good... Of course, Democrats will hate it because it sounds out with patriotic and LOVE AMERICA themes..

    And, while Tom Cruise is definitely NOT Jack Reacher....

    He is, and always will be.. MAVERICK

    :D

  40. [40] 
    Michale wrote:
  41. [41] 
    Michale wrote:

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/cartoons/images/2019/07/19/gary_varvel_gary_varvel_for_jul_19_2019_5_.jpg

    Amazing how so many Democrats acknowledge that President Trump is perfectly fit to be POTUS... :D

  42. [42] 
    Michale wrote:
  43. [43] 
    Michale wrote:

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/cartoons/images/2019/07/19/steve_kelley_steve_kelley_for_jul_19_2019_5_.jpg

    OH...... SNAP........

    It's amazing how totally ASHAMED Dr Martin Luther King Jr would be of today's Democrat Party...

  44. [44] 
    Michale wrote:

    "We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need any more black faces that don’t want to be a black voice."
    -CongressCritter Presley

    Get that???

    If you don't toe the Dumbocrat Party line, you aren't a black person.. Or a brown person...

    You are not needed or wanted if you don't be a slave to the Dumbocrat Party...

    So typical of the Party of the KKK....

    MLK would be so utterly ashamed of Democrats..

  45. [45] 
    Michale wrote:

    10 Questions for the America hating "Squad"... And anyone else who dares to go on the record..

    1) Given the attack this week against an ICE facility by an Antifa member who parroted some of the rhetoric used by your group about similar facilities, do you feel any responsibility to tone down that rhetoric?

    2) The initial dispute with other Democrats originated from your voting against the House Democrats’ border-aid bill and the bipartisan compromise bill. Several of you have also promoted boycotts against furniture providers that work with detention facilities. How can you legitimately complain about the conditions at these facilities while opposing the aid and resources that officials say are needed to improve those conditions?

    3) If you could fully control how we deal with the current influx of migrants from Central America at the border, what would the process look like? Without detention facilities, what would you do with migrants who cross the border without proper documentation? How will you deal with those who do not show up to court and have deportation orders issued against them?

    QUESTIONS FOR OCCASIONAL CORTEX

    4) Part of the recent infighting in the House caucus seems to be in reaction to tweets from your chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti, suggesting that some of your colleagues were enabling racism with their immigration votes and comparable to southern segregationists in the ’40s. Do you agree with his comments? Do you still support Nancy Pelosi as the speaker of the House?

    5) You have repeatedly defended comparing U.S. migrant-detention facilities to concentration camps and invoking the phrase “never again.” These Holocaust comparisons have led to condemnation from mainstream Jewish and Holocaust-remembrance groups, including the ADL, the U.S. Holocaust Museum, and Yad Vashem. Why do you feel that comparison is necessary despite concerns that you are diminishing the suffering of Holocaust victims?

    QUESTIONS FOR ILAN OHMAR

    6) The Minnesota Star Tribune recently did a story raising questions about your previous marriage. Documents appear to indicate that you filed joint tax returns with your current husband while you were still married to your previous husband, Ahmed Nur Said Elmi. Legal documents also show your current husband and your former husband claiming the same residence around the same time. Can you explain these discrepancies?

    7) During the 2018 election, you denied complaints claiming you misused campaign funds, but the Minnesota Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board recently found you had misappropriated funds for your divorce attorney and travel expenses. Can you explain how that happened?

    8) Can you please explain why you believe sanctions against the Maduro regime in Venezuela are “bullying” and a form of “economic sabotage” against Venezuelans, but support the boycott, divestment, and sanctions movement against Israel?

    Questions for Rashida Tlaib:

    9) A few months ago, pro-Israel group Stand With Us did an investigation looking at 18 individuals associated with you or your campaign. You have personally praised some of these individuals on Facebook for their work on your campaign. All 18 have publicly expressed sympathy for terrorism or posted blatantly anti-Semitic content — such as images depicting Jews as rats or suggestions that “Hitler would be a dove” compared with what they wanted done to Jews. There is also evidence that you followed an Instagram account that regularly posted anti-Semitic content, and that your campaign fundraiser shared similar material. How do you explain so many associations with people who promote anti-Semitism? Do you share any of these views?

    Questions for Ayanna Pressley:

    10) Can you please explain your comments at Netroots Nation about not needing any more “brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice” or “black faces that don’t want to be a black voice”? Are you suggesting that individuals with a particular skin tone must adopt a particular viewpoint?

    Anyone wanna take a stab at these???

    {{{chiirrrppp cccchhhhiiiirrrrrpppppp}}}

    Yea... That's what I figured... :eyeroll:

  46. [46] 
    Paula wrote:

    [8] Listen: Brilliant!

  47. [47] 
    Michale wrote:

    Pew: 91% Democrats see violence next in war of words
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/pew-91-democrats-see-violence-next-in-war-of-words

    Of course Democrats see violence.. With their unmitigated support of the terrorist group, AntiFa, by and large Democrats are the ones CAUSING the violence...

  48. [48] 
    Michale wrote:

    Mueller hearings to highlight 'shocking evidence of criminal misconduct' by Trump, Democrats say
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mueller-hearings-highlight-shocking-evidence-criminal-misconduct-trump-democrats-say-n1031536

    Yea... That's what Dumbocrats said about the Mueller Report...

    Only complete and total morons would fall for it again...

    Ooops... Apologies... :^/

  49. [49] 
    Michale wrote:

    Democrat Hero is back in the news..

    Jussie Smollett Fights Special Prosecutor Appointment In Criminal Case Over Alleged Attack

    A month after an Illinois judge ordered that a special prosecutor be appointed to investigate the handling of Jussie Smollett’s abandoned criminal case, the former Empire actor today says he wants that move rendered null and void.

    “Jussie Smollett, by his attorneys, Geragos & Geragos, respectfully requests that this Court grant his Motion, vacate the June 21, 2019 Order, and deny the Petition to Appoint a Special Prosecutor,” declares a filing made this morning in Chicago by Smollett and his high-profile legal team.
    https://deadline.com/2019/07/jussie-smollett-opposition-filing-special-prosecutor-hate-crime-attack-empire-1202649049/

    Jussie Smollett... The quintessential Democrat...

  50. [50] 
    Michale wrote:

    Remind me again how Iran is a credible partner in the JCPOA??? A credible partner for "peace"...

    'HOSTILE ACT' Iran seizes British oil tanker in the Gulf with 23 crew on board days after clash with Royal Navy
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9544266/iran-british-oil-tanker-revolutionary-guard-royal-navy/

    Because... Yunno... Somehow it's just hard to reconcile that claim with the FACTS... With REALITY...

    Oh wait, I know..

    It's all President Trump's fault.. If he would just have kow-towed to the Iranians like Odumbo did and gave them hundreds of billions of dollars like Odumbo did and showed the Iranians the US's scared ass like.. you guessed it... like Odumbo did, then they wouldn't have attacked the British...

    "You people live in your own little world, don't you?"
    "That's right, professor.. We don't have the luxury of living in yours.."

    -THE MANHATTAN PROJECT

  51. [51] 
    Michale wrote:

    Remind me again how proper it was for Odumbo to appease Iran???

    Iran has seized a second tanker, US official says
    From CNN's Barbara Starr

    Iran has also seized a second tanker, the Liberian-flagged MV Mesdar, according to a US official. Two more US officials tell CNN that, according to maritime intelligence reports, the indication is the Mesdar has been seized.

    Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps announced earlier that its navy has captured a British-flagged tanker ‘Stena Impero’ in the Strait of Hormuz.

    The order of seizure of the two ships isn’t clear at this time.
    https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/iran-british-tanker-july-2019/h_d21e099835347faacc82200bb4c7452a

    Because the facts clearly indicate otherwise...

    Obama pulled a Chamberlain and here is the result...

  52. [52] 
    Michale wrote:

    Once again, we have the hysterical bullshit that President Trump is causing so much misery on the Southern Border..

    Border deaths declined in Trump’s first two years in office, data shows

    A gut-wrenching photograph late last month of a father and daughter in the Rio Grande – while attempting to cross from Mexico into the United States – sharply exacerbated existing tensions over the ongoing border and migration crisis dividing Americans.

    But while politicians and Presidential hopefuls expressed their outrage and pointed fingers at the Trump administration, official data indicates that Mexico-U.S. border deaths have actually declined in the first two years of the current administration.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-deaths-declined-trump-first-two-years

    And then there are the FACTS that Obama had higher number of deaths on HIS watch...

    Funny how the FACTS always refute the hysterical Party slavery bullshit... :D

  53. [53] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    8

    I think that if and when Trump spews out a jumbled word salad during a debate, his opponent needs to immediately ask Trump if he is feeling OK —pour on the concern that he is ill.

    I know, right!? Have you ever noticed how he walks out of the White House and gets winded easily and within two minutes he is sweating like a pig!?

    Then quickly ask the moderator if they think it’d be wise for someone to check to make sure he is OK since he is speaking gibberish?

    Heh. Also, he talks like an adolescent and frequently has no idea what he's talking about. Anyone who debates him should definitely use this to their advantage.

    Example: A couple days ago, a reporter asked Trump if he was relishing his feud with "the squad." Trump responds: "I'm not relishing the fight. I'm enjoying it because I have to get the word out to the American people." Moron!

    Point out every time he rambles one of his unintelligible rants. Ask how are they supposed to respond to incoherent babble?

    Heh.

    If Trump says his doctor gave him a clean bill of health, point out that that doctor also said Trump was 6’3” tall and 235# — two things that are obviously not true — so he might want to get a second opinion!

    Yes, this!

    If he tries standing right behind the candidate like he did with Hillary...don’t ignore his strange actions, but instead stop talking, grab him by his hand and tell the crowd that you have friends who are also suffering from dementia and wander off if you don’t pay close enough attention —say all this as you walk him back to his podium.

    Heh. But Russ, who would want to touch him? Eeewwwwwwwwwwwww. I'd have to point my finger over to his podium and say: "Donald, you seem lost again. Your chair and your podium are over there. Can somebody help him?" He would likely say something like, "I don't need help," and I'd say, "You could use a leash." :)

  54. [54] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Paula [46]

    Thank you!

    Kick [53]

    I realized from watching FoxNews when I visited my father that their viewers have probably never seen Trump’s rambling...because FoxNews won’t show it! I printed out a transcript from a Trump rally and asked my father if he could tell me what the main point of the speech was. My father just stared at the page and said, “I think his speechwriter must have been having a stroke when he wrote this.”

  55. [55] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    9

    I think it’d be better to call him out on the specific lies he's told the country.

    All of the above... both! "Expose his deep ignorance on any given issue" like EM said and at the same time point out his constant lying to the country.

    Remember when he promised service members he visited over Xmas that the military had a 10% pay raise coming thanks to him? No one I know in the military has seen that raise show up in their paychecks.

    Yes! And this is the perfect example of exposing Trump for both his lies and his ignorance.

    Trump's lying to the troops is exactly what I meant with my description of a bully in [2], bombast on the outside but with an ever-present peevish neediness for praise that he'll just pull something right out of his ass that is totally fake in order to get approval. Pathetic!

    The pay raise for 2019 was 2.6% — not 10%! Slip of the tongue or honest mistake maybe? Hell no! Because he fabricated even further. Trump also claimed that it was the first pay raise they had received in 10 years. Ten years! Bullshit! There was a 2.4% pay hike in 2018, the prior year! This is not only a classic example of Trump's lying, it's also a display of his utter ignorance of the facts. The fact is: American troops have received pay hikes every year for decades now because military pay hikes are tied to increases in private-sector wages and calculated yearly by the Department of Labor. Liar and Idiot!

    They said: "You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent." I said: "No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent." Because it's been a long time. It's been more than 10 years. That's a long time. And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there. So congratulations. ~ Donald Trump lying to our military

    Troops stationed in a combat zone and their CIC is standing in front of them and outright lying, and they're all sitting there knowing he's a lying piece of crap. How sad is it when you're so needy for acceptance and praise that you would just make up lies to get applause from our military? What kind of depraved asshole would do that? And what kind of jerk has to constantly put down others, former Presidents frequently, in order to claim that everything is fixed now? Utter nonsense!

    Your other examples are spot on too, Russ. There are a myriad of examples where Trump just makes stuff up because he is so insecure and needy of praise and he's ignorant regarding policy and federal law... not the "stable genius" and strongman he presents to the world at all... but an insecure little man with self-esteem so low that he constantly seeks praise from everyone through lying, bragging, gaslighting, whatever it takes to try and fill the emptiness.

  56. [56] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Michale,

    *** I have posted this multiple times now on different dates, and am posting it again because I would appreciate a reply. Thank you.

    Why should I honor ANY congresscritter?? Especially ones who are bimbos and bitches???

    You don't seem to mind when they refer to YOUR President as "motherfucker"..

    Because acting like a sexist bigot only makes you look weak and pathetic and would likely mean that you know your arguments are B.S.

    Trump was called MF not during a press conference or in a tweet, it was said at a bar where the representative had been celebrating becoming a member of Congress. She was on her own time, and if you watch the video, doesn’t seem to realize the person asking the question was a reporter — or was just feeling too good to care at that point!

    Only one of them used “MF” to describe Trump, so why are you referring to all four using racial slurs?

    And how sad that is your defense of his racist comments! (And it is racist, according to multiple legal decisions in work place harassment cases filed with the EEOC)

    How does disagreeing with the president make a woman a “bimbo”? What does her political views have to do with her sex life?

    I disagree with Trump too.

    Should I expect for you to start referring to me as “faggot” because of my beliefs?

    I ask only because you obviously think such a response to my political views is justified and deserved!

    You keep referring to the Democrats as the “incest party”, which seems odd from a person supporting a man who has talked about how his daughter is the type girl he loves to bang on multiple occasions!

    Saw where Trump’s good friend who was part of his campaign/inauguration staff just got charged with possession of child porn...AGAIN! Yes, Trump only hires the very best people! Strange that he continued to associate and work with a man who already been convicted of possessing kiddie porn once before.

  57. [57] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    54

    I know, right!?

    My father just stared at the page and said, “I think his speechwriter must have been having a stroke when he wrote this.”

    Too funny!

    Got any proof of this? Yes... yes we do!

    Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're at a little disadvantage—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—and it would have been so easy, and it's not as as important as these lives are (nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen, and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us. ~ Donald Trump

    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4546796/donald-trump-sentence

    They're not laughing with you, Donald, they're laughing at you. Moron!

  58. [58] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Kick

    Thank you for posting that garbled, run-on clusterbuck! I have a bunch of his babbling transcripts, but I didn’t have this one.

    Just watching the video of the crowds welcoming Rep. Omar back home, which was beautiful to see.

    But I couldn’t help feeling like I was just seconds away from seeing her gunned down by some Trump-worshiper who took the bait that Trump’s statements had been intended to produce. I hate the thought of one of these women losing their life because Trump needed to work up his base in the hope of getting re-elected.

    But Trump better realize that striking one of these women down would only make them and their message more powerful! I just pray we can remove him without/before anyone being truly hurt by his vile words.

  59. [59] 
    Michale wrote:

    *** I have posted this multiple times now on different dates, and am posting it again because I would appreciate a reply. Thank you.

    Fair enough..

    I have 30+ odd comments on this particular commentary..

    Pick 10 of them, refute them with FACTS..

    Then I'll be happy to oblige you by responding to your comment..

    Fair is fair..

    You do your part, I'll do mine..

  60. [60] 
    Michale wrote:

    But Trump better realize that striking one of these women down would only make them and their message more powerful!

    Using your reasoning, every time you try and strike President Trump down, you make him stronger and more powerful..

    BBBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  61. [61] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    I’ll take the 10 questions posed in post [45] to start:

    1) What was it that he supposedly “parroted”? If it was that the children are being cruelly ripped from their families and being held in conditions that not even third world countries’ prison systems would find acceptable — no, they were correct in saying that.

    2) There are other places where the gov’t can buy beds. You act like these furniture companies are the only ones who know about the hidden cave where bunk beds must be hunted and killed, their carcasses used to give children rest. The lack of beds isn’t due to companies refusing to deal with the gov’t.

    3). Nobody is suggesting that there be no place that people can be held if they need to be deported back to their home countries. They’d exist, but we would go back to releasing those seeking asylum to their families and friends if they live here, or allow them to go with one of the hundreds of charities that work to assist refugees. We’d bring back the program that Obama has started that saw over 90% of asylum seekers making their court hearings and check-ins with their case workers before Trump tossed it because he hates anything the black president did. As for what to do about those who skip out on their court dates, they’ll leave on their own when they are unable to find anyone willing to hire them after we make hiring an undocumented person a class 2 felony with mandatory 5 years of prison. Nobody would try to sneak in if they weren’t sure they could find employment at places like Trump’s properties!

    4) No. Yes.

    5) The term concentration camp is the right description for where our government is holding these kids. The term isn’t restricted to just the Holocaust and Nazi Germany. And these children are just as likely to suffer the same psychological damage that children the same age who survived the Holocaust suffered from.

    6). They were wrong. The same address was because my ex- became our roommate, as housing he could afford was tough to find at the time.

    7) My accountant misfiled the returns. We admitted the mistake, paid the fine, and corrected the filings and refiled.

    8) A government sanctioning another country does so to force compliance or to punish. Since Venezuela hasn’t been accused of a crime, it would be safe to assume our sanctions were intended to force compliance.

    Boycotting is done by individuals/corporations that choose not to invest their money to aide Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians. It isn’t bullying, it’s an individual’s choice. Would you suppress free speech?

    9). Evidence to support your accusations? No way to determine if I agree with their comments without you providing me with what they said.

    10). Simple, She was saying that she didn’t want people of color in politics that are working to pass legislation that hurts their communities. Kinda like how I don’t care for gays who believe employers should be able to fire a gay person simply because the employer says the gay person is a sinner in their religion.

    Your turn

  62. [62] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Michale

    And just for good measure...

    Remind me again how proper it was for Odumbo to appease Iran???

    Iran has seized a second tanker, US official says
    From CNN's Barbara Starr

    Well, under Obama, Iran agreed to a list of stipulations they had to meet for the five nations to agree to remove the sanctions they’d placed on Iran. And surprise, surprise...it worked! Iran complied with all of the terms and passed every inspection with flying colors.

    Then Trump came in and chose to show the world that America, under him, should not be trusted to keep their word. Trump caused America to violate the terms of the agreement.

    Trump chose to place damaging sanctions on Iran for...and this is the kicker....complying with our demands!

    Iran wasn’t doing these things until Trump screwed our partners and Iran over because he hated that Obama’s plan was working great!

  63. [63] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ

    Not sure why the board troll believes that it would be "fair" to make you answer 10 of his BS posts in order receive an answer to 1 of yours. You really can't fix stupid. Of course, his daily spew rarely changes, and no matter how many times it's debunked, he just keeps posting the same lies as if it's never been discussed because you really cannot fix the kind of stupid where there is no continuity of thought whatsoever and the same bullshit mountain continues to be spewed as if every day is a new day.

    I thought I would give you a head start. Obviously, there's no obligation whatsoever to finish because it's just as pointless to keep addressing the same shit over and over ad nauseam as it is for the bullshit to be posted over and over like it hasn't already been debunked multiple times.

    [11]

    And in all the cities where $15 p/h was instituted there was massive job loss..

    So, yea.. $15 p/h is a great thing... For the third of workers who still HAVE a job.. :eyeroll:

    ____________________

    Right-wingnut BS. The claim is that 2/3 of workers have lost their jobs in all the cities instituting a $15 minimum wage. Of course it's always ignorant for anyone to make a statement that anything they're claiming applies to all. There hasn't been massive job loss in all the cities with a $15 minimum wage.

    "In the handful of progressive cities that have already raised minimum wage to $15 an hour, the results have been mixed. When New York City's wage bump went into effect in late December of 2018, restaurant owners said they needed to cut workers' hours in order to stay afloat, CBS News reports. The city's unemployment rate has risen from 4.0 percent to 4.3 percent since December of 2018. But when the City and County of San Francisco implemented a $15 minimum wage in July of 2018, it had the opposite effect: The unemployment rate has since dropped from 2.5 percent to 1.9 percent as of May of 2019."

    https://psmag.com/news/what-the-research-says-about-a-15-minimum-wage

    DEBUNKED AGAIN, BUT TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY,
    AND YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
    ____________________

    Or maybe even President Trump again.. :D It's happened before.. Wouldn't THAT be a hoot.. :D

    Bullshit. Franklin D. Roosevelt (D) was the first and only President to serve more than two terms, and it hasn't happened since and could not happen because it would be unconstitutional. The Twenty-Second Amendment to the Constitution limits Trump and any elected president to two terms in office, a total of eight years. It is possible for an individual to serve up to ten years as president, but this scenario isn't applicable to Trump.

    If you're dumb enough to be suggesting that the Constitution will be amended in today's political environment to allow Trump to serve an additional term, then nothing can help ignorance that is obviously bone deep.
    ___________________

    The remainder of the post is nothing more than the board troll claiming to know what everyone thinks, lies about our stated views, ridiculous claims that a nominee that doesn't exist yet has a platform bleating back the spoon-fed propaganda spew they're inventing in right-wingnut media, and a slew opinionated rants of a Trump cock holster. :)

  64. [64] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ

    Russ! I guess I should have read the entire commentary before I responded. That'll teach me to leap before I look. :)

  65. [65] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ
    58

    Just watching the video of the crowds welcoming Rep. Omar back home, which was beautiful to see.

    But I couldn’t help feeling like I was just seconds away from seeing her gunned down by some Trump-worshiper who took the bait that Trump’s statements had been intended to produce. I hate the thought of one of these women losing their life because Trump needed to work up his base in the hope of getting re-elected.

    Yes, sir. A Florida man was recently arrested for threatening Reps. Tlaib and Swalwell and Senator Corey Booker. You'd think people would know that it's illegal to threaten people... or even have a modicum of common sense to know better than to do that, but alas it seems that common sense is not so very common at all. I won't be repeating everything the man said, but it was reminiscent of exactly the type of things we see posted here on this board, and you can read about it here:

    https://time.com/5574640/florida-congress-death-threats-democrats/

    In his messages, he singled out Rep. Ilhan Omar, referring to her as a "towel head,” In his call to Tlaib, he threatened to "throw [Omar] right off the Empire State Building." The threats and the arrest happened a week after Donald Trump made the tweet about Omar that juxtaposed an edited video of her with footage from the attacks on 9/11, and the perp who threatened the lawmakers mentioned the video. So, yes, Trump is inciting violence with his incendiary rhetoric.

    But Trump better realize that striking one of these women down would only make them and their message more powerful! I just pray we can remove him without/before anyone being truly hurt by his vile words.

    Exactly, Russ, and an excellent point which I'm sure you know goes by the name of "punching down"... and thereby elevating someone and their message in the process of doing it. While stupid people in a position of power like Trump will admit to wanting to elevate Omar, Cortez, Tlaib, and Pressley to making them the face of the Democratic Party, he's infinitely too ignorant to understand the concept of punching down and how it could backfire on him spectacularly and thereby hand them a potential victory should anything untoward or catastrophic happen in the process of his lying about them and spewing his incendiary rhetoric.

    Trump has made a career out of elevating journalists, dictators, lawmakers, and those career men and women in the intelligence community with his repeated exercises of punching down, and that takes a special kind of ignorance which is bone deep.

  66. [66] 
    Kick wrote:

    Russ

    Using your reasoning, every time you try and strike President Trump down, you make him stronger and more powerful.. ~ Michale

    Like I said, Russ, it takes a special kind of ignorance that is bone deep not to understand the concept of "punching down" and how an ignorant man like Trump in one of the most powerful positions on Earth can elevate others in the object of the exercise. As he so frequently does, he's managed to totally miss and therefore misinterpret and misrepresent your excellent point by getting it ass backwards. #SSDD

Comments for this article are closed.