ChrisWeigant.com

The Stupidest Press Conference Ever

[ Posted Thursday, July 27th, 2017 – 16:27 PDT ]

I just finished watching a press conference which, in my humble opinion, should be marked in the annals of Washington stupidity as the absolute stupidest press conference of all time. That's a pretty sweeping statement, but it was a pretty breathtakingly stupid presser. It was a giant profile in cowardice, really.

Four Republican senators -- Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Ron Johnson, and Bill Cassidy -- all appeared to denounce their party's "skinny repeal" bill. They couldn't say enough bad things about it, in fact. I did not take notes, but will be searching for a transcript later to memorialize the stunning language that (in particular) McCain and Graham used against it. Skinny repeal was called a bad bill, a horrible bill, a stupid bill, a destructive bill, a counterproductive bill, a bill which will solve nobody's problems, a bill which will make everything worse, and -- the ultimate Republican insult -- a bill which does not repeal Obamacare. Again, I can't claim those are direct quotes, but I feel certain that the late-night television hosts will be featuring some of the worst denunciations of the bill in the very near future for all to see, because the language was that jaw-dropping.

The entire point of the press conference, though, was for the senators to announce that they would not be voting for this horrible, horrible piece of legislation... unless Paul Ryan assured them it would never become law. "Save us from ourselves!" doesn't even begin to describe this stupidity.

The truly stupid part? All of them seemed to indicate that they'd be just fine voting for the worst piece of legislation ever, as long as they had a guarantee it wouldn't become law, and instead move to a House/Senate conference committee. Got that? It's a horrible bill, but I'll vote for it if you promise it'll never become law.

The real reason this is such a stupid position to take is that there is absolutely nothing stopping the Senate from continuing their efforts to craft a real bill if the skinny repeal bill fails. Nothing! The senators all expressed their hopes that voting for a stinker of a bill would then lead to a conference committee where different ideas could be fully debated and scored by the C.B.O. But all of that could easily happen in the Senate without the skinny repeal bill. There is no real reason to vote on a stinker of a bill, because skinny bill or no skinny bill, the Senate could still just do its job. This vote is in no way crucial, because there is no Senate rule that states if the skinny bill fails, all progress has to halt.

Of course, today's a fast-moving day, so by the time you read this the process will doubtlessly have advanced. Paul Ryan may have held his own press availability and publicly signed a blood oath to move to conference committee and not to just move the skinny repeal bill to the floor of the House.

With such a guarantee in place, the GOP senators will thus be freed up to vote for the worst piece of legislation any of them has ever seen, secure in the knowledge that it will never become law. It'd be hard to come up with a stupider idea. It's like watching the reductio ad absurdum fallacy play out right before everyone's eyes. Again: profiles in cowardice.

There's a non-stupid way for senators to act in such a situation, of course. If the bill is the biggest Dumpster fire of all time, then just don't vote for it in the first place. Easy! That way you'll be 100 percent sure it'll never become law.

But that would mean standing up to Mitch McConnell, and his attempt to ram through the most unpopular piece of legislation since public opinion polling began. "Slow down, Mitch," the senators would signal (by voting down skinny repeal), "we think we should spend some more time debating the whole issue rather than this insane rush to pass a hastily-concocted piece of nonsense." This is what people like John McCain keep saying they're really for, but they keep preventing it from happening by voting on bills that just keep getting worse by the day (and today, by the hour). Forcefully saying "Stop trying to ram crap down our throats" would end this exercise in futility, and force the Senate back to the regular order that, so far, has been entirely bypassed by both McConnell and Ryan.

Watching today's presser was like peering through Alice's looking glass, into a world where up is down and nothing makes sense. The senators tried to outdo each other explaining what a horrendous bill it is, but then ended with: "...and we'll only vote for it if we know it won't be passed by the House." This is not only a total abdication of their constitutional duty, it is going to set them up to look like real weenies if a conference committee ever does take place. "Why should we listen to anything you have to say?" their House Republican counterparts will scornfully say, in such a committee. "You couldn't even pass a real bill in your own house, so it's pretty clear who has their act together and who doesn't." Then the House members will just steamroll the senators with whatever they come up with and say "take it or leave it."

I am at least glad that someone within the Beltway seems to have either read the column I wrote yesterday, or come to the same conclusion independently. At least now, nobody will be able to say they were blindsided by the possibility of the House just passing skinny repeal and putting it on Trump's desk. That's a relief, albeit a minor one.

But I certainly didn't expect the reaction to such a conclusion to be an outburst of moronic stupidity from four Republican senators. These four were absolutely terrified that skinny repeal would become law, and they explained why the bill was so bad at great length. And then they explained what would be necessary for them to vote for the worst bill ever.

If they're so deeply concerned with the possibility of skinny repeal becoming law, and yet want to see the Senate pass something in order to "move the process along," then there is an easy and non-stupid solution. Pass a single paragraph as a bill, stating: "The Senate wants to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act and we move that a conference committee with the House of Representatives be assembled in order to agree on what should be in that legislation." Period. That's all it would take. The House couldn't pass this as law, because it would be a meaningless law -- therefore avoiding the problem that worries McCain, Graham, and the others. If you just want to check a legislative box to move to the next step in the process, there is no reason whatsoever to do so with such an incredibly bad bill as the skinny repeal. There is no requirement that the Senate take the stupidest path possible, in other words.

We may know within a few hours what the fate of the skinny repeal bill will be. But if any of these four senators winds up voting for it, they will be doing so for the stupidest of reasons, as they helpfully explained in today's presser. Which is why it should go down in history for being at least among the top ten stupidest press conferences in all of American history.

I can't wait to see the transcript, personally.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

130 Comments on “The Stupidest Press Conference Ever”

  1. [1] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    The pertinent questions now are how much longer can the United States of America withstand TrumpWorld and congressional Republicans and is there a point in time when there will be no turning back for the disastrous and precipitous decline of America.

    When will enough be enough?

  2. [2] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    These four senators will not vote for it unless they are assured that the House won't pass it.

    Mull that over for a moment ...

    UNBELIEVABLE

  3. [3] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Oops ... you HAVE mulled that over. Heh.

  4. [4] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Oh, I get it now!

    They have to vote for the bill before they can know what's in the bill.

    Of course!

    Well, if I were a Senate republican, I wouldn't trust the House republicans as far as I could throw the lot of them. Ahem.

  5. [5] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    As I watch various news shows and read various blogs, including this one, it has become increasingly apparent that the mere idea of a single-payer healthcare insurance system is a taboo subject. No one in the media is anywhere near ready to even broach the subject.

    Why is that?

  6. [6] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Mitch McConnell just said that he would be happy to have a debate on the merits of single-payer.

    Maybe now journalist and bloggers will feel comfortable writing about it!

  7. [7] 
    LeaningBlue wrote:

    It's over.

    The press conference gave the inkling of what was going to happen: McCain was clearly comfortable, if a bit pompous, in the role of Elder Statesman.

    If he had voted for the conference, pissing on regular order, he would have had the shortest career ever as Elder Statesman.

  8. [8] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    It's just beginning.

  9. [9] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    And skinny repeal goes down!

    I'm kinda surprised, thought McConnell had twisted enough arms.

    Liz -

    Bernie Sanders has a single-payer bill he's ready to introduce. He's been holding back until the GOP effort played out. Now that they've failed, look for his bill and some discussion of the subject. Hopefully, that is.

    -CW

  10. [10] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Chris,

    Will you cease and desist from writing that the country isn't ready for single-payer?

    The country will never be ready for single-payer so long as it isn't a big part of the discussion and debate and so long as it is so easily dismissed by the media/punditocracy/blogosphere, even by people who like to call themselves progressives ...

  11. [11] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Bernie Sanders is going to need A LOT of support from the media/punditocracy/blogosphere for his single-payer bill and debating points are to be taken seriously.

    What he most decidedly does not need are the dismissive commentaries by progressives who say that there isn't enough support for such a thing in the congress. While that may be true at this point in your history, it is not a valid argument for shunning discussion and debate on single-payer.

  12. [12] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Replace 'for' with 'if' ... :)

  13. [13] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Trump thought he had this one in the bag. Well, you know what thought did, he only thought he did.

  14. [14] 
    michale wrote:

    Well, the GOP has royally screwed over the American people..

    Their credibility is shot...

    The American people will never believe ANYTHING that comes out of their mouths ever again...

    On the plus side, this will cement President Trump's status as a true Independent...

    So, there is that...

  15. [15] 
    michale wrote:

    Well, the GOP has royally screwed over the American people..

    Their credibility is shot...

    The American people will never believe ANYTHING that comes out of their mouths ever again...

    GOP IS TOAST prediction #36

    :D

  16. [16] 
    michale wrote:

    There is a silver lining..

    Congress approved funding for the Southern Border Wall...

    So, President Trump gets to make another mark in the WIN column.. :D

  17. [17] 
    michale wrote:

    What can I say...

    I am a CUP IS HALF FULL kinda guy.. :D

  18. [18] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    14

    Well, the GOP has royally screwed over the American people..

    Their credibility is shot...

    Not a problem since their credibility has been in the toilet since Donald Trump became their leader anyway.

    The American people will never believe ANYTHING that comes out of their mouths ever again...

    Depends on which one of their mouths is doing the talking; not all of the GOP are pathological liars like their leader.

    On the plus side, this will cement President Trump's status as a true Independent...

    Sorry to break the news to you, but Trump has an "R" after his name, remember? You can't spend all day for months/years telling us that we don't like Trump because of the "R" after his name and then insist he's "a true Independent." :)

  19. [19] 
    michale wrote:

    Not a problem since their credibility has been in the toilet since Donald Trump became their leader anyway.

    Maybe for the Dumbocrat Party..

    But THEIR cred has been shot since 2010, so what THEY believe is meaningless.. :D

    Sorry to break the news to you, but Trump has an "R" after his name, remember? You can't spend all day for months/years telling us that we don't like Trump because of the "R" after his name and then insist he's "a true Independent." :)

    I have been insisting that Trump is a true Independent from the day he won the GOP primary..

    And the fact that President Trump goes after Republicans almost as much as Democrats AND the fact that many Republicans are as Anti-Trump as Dumbocrats are simply re-enforces that belief... :D

  20. [20] 
    michale wrote:

    Apropos of nothing other than it's interesting..

    On average in the US, sharks, bears and alligators kill one person per year..

    Snakes kill 6 people per year... Spiders kill 7 people per year..

    Cows kill 20 people per year...

    "Fascinating"
    -Spock

    :D

  21. [21] 
    Kick wrote:

    CW

    Remember that time in the wee hours of the morning in early June when we were discussing John McCain receiving an award for the term "centipede," and I said I thought his very best was yet to come.

    http://www.chrisweigant.com/2017/06/05/let-trump-be-trump-kellyanne/#comment-101867

    Well... go ahead and pencil in McCain for the "centipede" award or whatever it is you call it... he just dropped one really big shoe on Trump. :)

  22. [22] 
    michale wrote:

    Well... go ahead and pencil in McCain for the "centipede" award or whatever it is you call it... he just dropped one really big shoe on Trump. :)

    President Trump is going to come out of this just fine.. It wasn't President Trump who promised the American people to repeal TrainWreckCare and then went ahead and voted to KEEP TrainWreckCare..

    It was McCain, Collins and Murkowski..

    The GOP is the biggest loser in this..

    The American people are next.. They are going to have to live (and die) with the fallout when TrainWreckCare dies an ignoble death..

    President Trump is going to be just fine...

    If the Democrats play this smart and forget identity politics and social justice wars, they MIGHT just be able to pull out a takeover of the House and Senate in 2018..

    But when have the Democrats EVER been smart about anything in the last 6 years?? :D

  23. [23] 
    John M wrote:

    Michale wrote:

    "On the plus side, this will cement President Trump's status as a true Independent...

    So, there is that..."

    What independent??? Are you kidding me???

    Trump was ready to sign ANYTHING the Republicans sent him!!!! Just as long as they sent him something and it had an "R" after its name!

  24. [24] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    19

    Maybe for the Dumbocrat Party..

    But THEIR cred has been shot since 2010, so what THEY believe is meaningless.. :D

    If what they believed was meaningless, then you'd actually have nothing to whine about constantly. Your whatsaboutism and deflection are duly noted... again.

    I have been insisting that Trump is a true Independent from the day he won the GOP primary..

    Well then, you can stop the ridiculous "R" after Trump's name argument that you trot out multiple times a week. That should save you all kinds of time and leave you with no argument to speak of. ;)

    And the fact that President Trump goes after Republicans almost as much as Democrats AND the fact that many Republicans are as Anti-Trump as Dumbocrats are simply re-enforces that belief... :D

    Believe whatever you wish; it won't change the fact that Trump is a Republican who promised:

    * "We're going to have insurance for everybody."
    * "No cuts to Medicaid."
    * "No one will lose coverage."
    * "Nobody will be worse off financially."
    * "Everybody's going to be taken care of."

    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obamacare-promises-236021

    Trump was willing to sign a bill that went against every one of those promises. The fact is, Trump had no plan whatsoever and was willing to sign anything. And now Trump thinks he can "let it implode" and it's not his problem? Whatever happened to everybody being "taken care of." Trump is such a liar and con artist, never had a plan except conning people into believing his BS, and couldn't care less about taking care of anyone except himself. Sad.

  25. [25] 
    Kick wrote:

    John M
    23

    What independent??? Are you kidding me???

    Trump was ready to sign ANYTHING the Republicans sent him!!!! Just as long as they sent him something and it had an "R" after its name!

    I know, right! Exactly what I just saying in my post too too. :)

  26. [26] 
    michale wrote:

    If what they believed was meaningless, then you'd actually have nothing to whine about constantly. Your whatsaboutism and deflection are duly noted... again.

    What deflection would that be?? :D

    Well then, you can stop the ridiculous "R" after Trump's name argument that you trot out multiple times a week. That should save you all kinds of time and leave you with no argument to speak of. ;)

    You really don't understand nuance, do you? :D

    Trump is such a liar and con artist, never had a plan except conning people into believing his BS, and couldn't care less about taking care of anyone except himself. Sad.

    That's your opinion and I respect that.. I really do..

    But it's the opinion of a Democrat who is fanatically loyal to the Democrat Party and, as such, is biased and meaningless..

  27. [27] 
    michale wrote:

    What independent??? Are you kidding me???

    Trump was ready to sign ANYTHING the Republicans sent him!!!! Just as long as they sent him something and it had an "R" after its name!

    What did you expect?? That President Trump sign something the Democrats sent him??

    Oh wait.. Democrats haven't been able to accomplish ANYTHING except obstruction.. :D

    Ya'all have made the case quite nicely that many Republicans hate President Trump as much as Democrats do...

    Ergo, the ONLY logical conclusion is that President Trump is an Independent in everything but name...

    It's funny how you JUST argue the opposite of what I say, even if said argument contradicts previous arguments.. :D

  28. [28] 
    michale wrote:

    Trump was ready to sign ANYTHING the Republicans sent him!!!! Just as long as they sent him something and it had an "R" after its name!

    And, just for the record.. Legislation sent to the POTUS (that's President Trump, by the bi.. :D) for signing do not have '-D' or '-R' designations.. :D

  29. [29] 
    michale wrote:

    Oh wait.. That was hyperbole.. OK.. I get it now.. :D

  30. [30] 
    michale wrote:

    What it all boils down to is this..

    President Trump is going to be your President for the next 7+ years...

    You will not be able to nullify this legal, legitimate and fair election...

    If you continue to try, yer going to continue to lose...

    It's THAT simple....

  31. [31] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    This was a test, not of Congress, and their ability (or inability, apparently) to put together a rational and popular healthcare plan, but rather of Trump and his vaunted negotiating ability.

    I can't say how many times I had to sit through listening to Trump during the campaign brag and brag about his deal-making ability ad nauseum.

    Well, where is it? Where is this master negotiator that was sold to the public for a solid year?

    Nowhere to be seen, on this or any other issue.

  32. [32] 
    michale wrote:

    And, as I am wont to do... Credit where credit is due..

    The truly stupid part? All of them seemed to indicate that they'd be just fine voting for the worst piece of legislation ever, as long as they had a guarantee it wouldn't become law, and instead move to a House/Senate conference committee. Got that? It's a horrible bill, but I'll vote for it if you promise it'll never become law.

    That is well and truly stoopid...

    Not the stoopidist thing I have ever heard in politics, but it DOES rank very high up there..

  33. [33] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    26

    You really don't understand nuance, do you? :D

    Ah, your projection again on display for all to see.

    But it's the opinion of a Democrat who is fanatically loyal to the Democrat Party and, as such, is biased and meaningless..

    If it was so meaningless, you'd have absolutely nothing to whine incessantly about. Also, I'm still not a Democrat, but you're still a liar... probably why you like Trump so much... because you're both pathological liars who lie just for the sake of lying, knowing full well that you're lying and yet not caring the least bit about facts. Just a hint, though, telling a lie over and over does NOT magically turn it into a fact.

    Changing the subject: President Trump has something he can sign today. He can get busy signing the sanctions bill limiting his power that was overwhelmingly approved by Congress, with the "no" votes in the House and Senate combined being able to be counted on a single hand. Now that's bipartisanship, and Congress got that one exactly right. :)

    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27/russia-sanctions-bill-senate-to-pass-241034

  34. [34] 
    michale wrote:

    I can't say how many times I had to sit through listening to Trump during the campaign brag and brag about his deal-making ability ad nauseum.

    Just as patriotic Americans had to sit thru Obama's hyperbole and how he will cause the "seas to recede" and "the land to heal" ad nasuem...

    Well, where is it? Where is this master negotiator that was sold to the public for a solid year?

    Nowhere to be seen, on this or any other issue.

    You weren't so hypercritical when Obama was President??

    How come??

    Ahh yes.. The '-D' that was after Obama's name..

  35. [35] 
    michale wrote:

    Nowhere to be seen, on this or any other issue.

    ANd yet....

    The wall is being funded and built..

    A new round of Iran sanctions are coming down the pipe...

    The stock market is up up up and away....

    American confidence is way way WAY up...

    So, given these FACTS, what is more likely???

    President Trump has failed at EVERYTHING??

    OR

    You only see what you WANT to see and ignore what is ideologically inconvenient...

    Occam's Razor clearly indicates the latter...

  36. [36] 
    michale wrote:

    Ah, your projection again on display for all to see.

    And your deflection is also on display.. :D

    Also, I'm still not a Democrat, but you're still a liar...

    Awwwww you were doing so well.. You went like a whole 3 or 4 posts without name-calling..

    How about your claim that you are not going to match wits with an unarmed person??

    I guess you gave that up when I forced you to argue with yourself!!!! :D

    BBWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Changing the subject:

    TRANSLATION: I AM GETTING MY ASS KICKED!!!!!

    :D

    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27/russia-sanctions-bill-senate-to-pass-241034

    Oh yes.. The bill that gave President Trump EVERYTHING he wanted...

    The Russian Sanctions part that President Trump can throw in the face of Democrats when they accuse him of colluding with Russia..

    AND

    MORE Iranian sanctions that will force Iran to renege on that horrible JCPOA and allow President Trump to TOTALLY rescind the agreement..

    :D

    Face the facts, Victoria.. Your Democrats got PLAYED by President Trump!!

    I won't even bother mentioning how President Trump played the Democrats by forcing them to expose their bogus pivot to economic/middle-class interests..

    All in all, an awesome week for President Trump and a dismal showing for Republicans and Democrats.. :D

  37. [37] 
    michale wrote:

    I won't even bother mentioning how President Trump played the Democrats by forcing them to expose their bogus pivot to economic/middle-class interests..

    Ooops.. I guess I just did!! :D

  38. [38] 
    TheStig wrote:

    If the US were a normal non-totalitarian government then last night's vote would cause the Trump government to fall, and the US would have a fresh election in a couple of weeks....sigh.

  39. [39] 
    TheStig wrote:

    If the US were a normal non-totalitarian government then last night's vote would cause the Trump government to fall, and the US would have a fresh election in a couple of weeks....sigh.

  40. [40] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Haven't had a double post clog in quite a while. Time to Drano the pipes?

  41. [41] 
    TheStig wrote:

    I'll bet Obama has a big grin on his face today. Obama Care lives, it's about as hard to kill as Rasputin. That, and the fact he is not President any more. It's a thankless job.

  42. [42] 
    michale wrote:

    Haven't had a double post clog in quite a while. Time to Drano the pipes?

    What you do in your personal time is no business of ours.. :D

  43. [43] 
    Elizabeth Miller wrote:

    Indeed.

  44. [44] 
    michale wrote:

    TS

    I'll bet Obama has a big grin on his face today.

    Let's you and I, together, check that grin when OBAMAcare implodes and HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of Americans are left with absolutely ZERO healthcare coverage...

    Shall we?? :D

  45. [45] 
    michale wrote:

    Awwwww you were doing so well.. You went like a whole 3 or 4 posts without name-calling..

    I am still willing to honor that truce whenever you are..

    :D

  46. [46] 
    michale wrote:

    Second-quarter U.S. GDP speeds up to 2.6%

    WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The U.S. grew at a 2.6% annual pace in second quarter, rebounding from soft patch at the start of the year. Consumer spending, the main engine of the economy, led the way with a 2.8% increase, according to Commerce Department data. Business investment in equipment rose 8.2%, while outlays on structures advanced 4.9%.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/second-quarter-us-gdp-speeds-up-to-26-2017-07-28

    Stock Market is up 19%....

    President Trump. Making America Great Again

    :D

    And, don't bother claim it has nothing to do with President Trump...

    If we had NOT-45 as President {shudder} and she had these numbers, ya'all would be giving her ALL the credit..

  47. [47] 
    michale wrote:

    Let the Dems Be the Transgender Party

    That will just make it easier for Trump to win re-election.

    The classicists whom the Wills and the Kristols so pretentiously quote would have recognized the perennial conservatism in Trump’s common sense. They wouldn’t have recognized it in the me-too liberalism of the Never Trumpers.

    Trump’s uncomplicated defense of common sense is nothing if not conservative. He doesn’t need “commissions” to tell him whether or not enlisting men who pretend to be women and women who pretend to be men hurts military readiness. Anyone with five senses and a functioning intellect can see that it does. It is only under the vast experiment against common sense that is liberalism could such obvious truths fall into disfavor.

    Of course, the stupid party is joining the evil party in this experiment against common sense. And so a host of Republicans, along with pundits like Kristol, threw a wet blanket over the ban. According to this confederacy of dunces, Trump is making a grave political mistake. The Dems naturally agree and have announced to the press that they “welcome this culture war.”

    Even West Virginia’s Joe Manchin, in a measure of how extreme the party has become, participated in this PC posturing. The Dems are forevermore the party of compulsory transgender bathrooms and taxpayer-financed mutilations.

    All of this avant-garde nonsense may translate into higher vote totals in California and New York, but it will make it easier for Trump to expand his reach in the Rust Belt.
    https://spectator.org/let-the-dems-be-the-transgender-party/

    Yup...

  48. [48] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    M: [34] You responded, but never addressed the point of my previous post. Again, where is the Master Negotiator that Trump was touted to be?

    Maybe the "Art of the Deal" should have been named rather, the "Art of the Steal".

    Of course we know that Trump didn't write that book anyway, but he could at least pretend to be as good at horse-trading as it says he is.

  49. [49] 
    TheStig wrote:

    If Pence wanted to pull off a 45th amendment coup he might just succeed if he seized the moment. Republicans are probably overcome by the stench of Trump admin failure. At some point you can't hold your nose any longer.

  50. [50] 
    michale wrote:

    M: [34] You responded, but never addressed the point of my previous post. Again, where is the Master Negotiator that Trump was touted to be?

    I did respond..

    The wall is being funded and built..

    A new round of Iran sanctions are coming down the pipe...

    The stock market is up up up and away....

    American confidence is way way WAY up...

    Add to that, how President Trump is playing the Democrat Party into giving him everything the President wants on Iran and Russia..

    NO ONE, except moronic Democrats with less than 2 brain cells to rub together, believed that President Trump would win at EVERYTHING..

    Ya'all continue to take President Trump literally, which is why President Trump gets to push thru quite a bit of his agenda.. :D

    Maybe the "Art of the Deal" should have been named rather, the "Art of the Steal".

    Whatever you have to tell yourself to make it thru your day.. :D

    Of course we know that Trump didn't write that book anyway, but he could at least pretend to be as good at horse-trading as it says he is.

    And we know Odumbo or NOT-45 didn't write their books either..

    But you don't CARE about that, eh??

    The power of the almighty -D :D

  51. [51] 
    michale wrote:

    If Pence wanted to pull off a 45th amendment coup he might just succeed if he seized the moment. Republicans are probably overcome by the stench of Trump admin failure. At some point you can't hold your nose any longer.

    I agree...

    VP Pence should DEFINITELY invoke the 45th amendment!!! :D

    Er.... uh... What does that amendment say again??? :D

    Once again, the facts come out..

    All ya'all want is to nullify a free, fair and legal election..

    Typical Democrat.. :^/

  52. [52] 
    michale wrote:

    Let me lay it out for ya'all..

    Ya'all are *NOT* going to be able to nullify the 2106 Presidential Election..

    PERIOD...

    President Trump won in a free, fair and legal election..

    Get over it already... Yer embarrassing yerselves...

  53. [53] 
    neilm wrote:

    There is a silver lining..

    Congress approved funding for the Southern Border Wall...

    So, President Trump gets to make another mark in the WIN column.. :D

    Hate to rain on your parade Michale, but the $1.6B is only for 75 miles. The border is 2,000 miles long and at least 1,000 miles of wall is needed.

    Also this is a provisional funding bill that will need Democratic support later this year, and the Democrats are going to take every piece of Wall funding and tell the Republicans where they can put it(hint: no sunshine there).

    So, at $1.6B for 75 miles, the minimum cost of the wall is well over $20B.

  54. [54] 
    michale wrote:

    Hate to rain on your parade Michale, but the $1.6B is only for 75 miles. The border is 2,000 miles long and at least 1,000 miles of wall is needed.

    A mighty beautiful wall starts with a single brick..

    Or in this case, 75 miles worth of bricks. :D

    Also this is a provisional funding bill that will need Democratic support later this year, and the Democrats are going to take every piece of Wall funding and tell the Republicans where they can put it(hint: no sunshine there).

    Yea.. That's EXACTLY the same things Democrats said they would do with ANY funding of the wall...

    And yet, we have the first 75 miles paid for.. :D

    But I think it's cute how you STILL believe what the Democrats tell you.. :D

  55. [55] 
    michale wrote:

    Re: 52, 53

    We musta hit SUBMIT at exactly the same time. :D

  56. [56] 
    neilm wrote:

    If Pence wanted to pull off a 45th amendment coup he might just succeed if he seized the moment.

    TS: Noooooooooooooooo. We might lost "the mooch" if "the clown" is dethroned by "the fundamentalist".

    I'm enjoying 45 ripping the Republicans to threads - it is the only thing he is accomplishing so far. He has no plans for anything and just snipes at Republican leadership from the sidelines.

    Are we sure Michale isn't onto something when he keeps claiming 45 was a -D? He is acting like he still is.

    I can see a situation in 3-4 months time where all DC types like Priebus, Sessions and other traditional wingnut Republicans are gone and the White House is full of complete beginners who have only one thing larger than their self confidence, and that is their incompetence.

    It could take the Republicans a decade to recover from the disaster of 2016 - they should have an autopsy on what went wrong in the last election for them.

    Sad.

  57. [57] 
    neilm wrote:

    And yet, we have the first 75 miles paid for.. :D

    No, you don't. Read the fine print. This needs approved by the Democrats later this year.

    As I said, hate to rain on your parade there.

  58. [58] 
    michale wrote:

    No, you don't. Read the fine print. This needs approved by the Democrats later this year.

    And as I told you, the Democrats said they would oppose the first vote..

    They did not..

    Why do you think they are suddenly going to grow a pair next round??? :D

  59. [59] 
    michale wrote:

    It could take the Republicans a decade to recover from the disaster of 2016 - they should have an autopsy on what went wrong in the last election for them.

    The conventional wisdom has calcified: Donald Trump is going to lose to Hillary Clinton.

    Sure, there have been brief moments when the outcome seemed in doubt — when the FBI director called Clinton's handling of her emails while secretary of state "extremely careless"; when it looked for about a half-hour that Trump received a significant bump from the GOP convention. But for the most part, and especially in the month since the conclusion of the Democratic convention, the race has settled into a stable pattern, with Clinton running between 4 and 8 points ahead of Trump nationally and beating him in most, if not all, of the so-called swing states. Hence the conventional wisdom: Trump will lose.

    But the conventional wisdom is wrong. Trump isn't merely going to lose. He's going to lose in the biggest popular vote landslide in modern presidential history.
    http://theweek.com/articles/646087/donald-trump-poised-lose-biggest-landslide-modern-american-history

    Whom Gods Destroy, They First Make Mad
    -Prometheus, "The Masque of Pandora"

    :D

  60. [60] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    The wall is being funded and built..

    I think Neil covered that [see 53]. He's only got enough for a small part of the Great Graffiti Magnet.

    A new round of Iran sanctions are coming down the pipe...

    Yeah, that's a tiny part of it. The rest of that veto-proof bill imposes new sanctions on Russia, and ties Trump's hands when it comes to relaxing sanctions against Russia. The bill, which passed the Senate 98-2 and the House 419-3 is a historic rebuke to Trump, and puts him in a lose-lose situation: if he doesn't veto the bill, he's complicit in reducing his own power; if he vetoes the bill, and congress overrides, he looks weaker still.

    The stock market is up up up and away....

    Businessmen still think they'll come away with a tax break. Wonder how confident they still are of that?

    American confidence is way way WAY up...

    Latest numbers from your favorite pollster, RCP:

    Direction of the country -

    Right track: 31.6 Wrong Track: 60.5

  61. [61] 
    michale wrote:

    Latest numbers from your favorite pollster, RCP:

    Direction of the country -

    Right track: 31.6 Wrong Track: 60.5

    They didn't mean anything to you when yer guy Obama had WORSE numbers..

    So, logically, they don't mean anything now...

    "Simple logic"
    -Admiral James T Kirk

    Yeah, that's a tiny part of it.

    No, that's the MAJORITY of it..

    Plus the fact that President Trump has a built in excuse to fling in the faces of Democrats when they accuse him of collusion..

    A great excuse to fling at Democrats COURTESY of Democrats..

    Ya'all got PLAYED... BIG TIME :D

  62. [62] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Plus the fact that President Trump has a built in excuse to fling in the faces of Democrats when they accuse him of collusion..

    That he had to be forced by law not to collude?

    logically, they don't mean anything now.

    Then from which ass are you pulling the statement that 'American confidence is way, way up?' Your own?

  63. [63] 
    michale wrote:

    Then from which ass are you pulling the statement that 'American confidence is way, way up?'

    cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/record-american-confidence-us-economy-hits-all-time-high-after-election

    vox.com/identities/2017/7/11/15953184/us-police-trust-polling

    cvbj.biz/2016/11/29/americans-spending-mood-year/

    "Just the facts, ma'am.. Just the facts"
    -Sgt Joe Friday

    You can't ignore reality...

    President Trump is doing a great job! :D

  64. [64] 
    michale wrote:

    That he had to be forced by law not to collude?

    No.. That Democrats had made it IMPOSSIBLE to accuse President Trump of collusion.. :D

    hehehehehehehehe

    Ya just GOTTA laugh at the stoopidity of the Dumbocrats.. :D

  65. [65] 
    michale wrote:

    President Trump will be able to scuttle the abominable Iran deal..

    And DEMOCRATS made it happen!!! :D

  66. [66] 
    michale wrote:

    So much for Obama's foreign policy legacy..

    SWWWOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

    Down the toilet.. Trash heap of history....

  67. [67] 
    Don Harris wrote:

    Liz(10)-
    Sorry, but the country is not ready for single-payer, a public option or any other solutions to any problems that might actually benefit American citizens.
    And it won't be ready until citizens demand that candidates separate themselves from the Big Money contributors.
    (11)-
    The same argument about discussing single payer also applies to One Demand.

    CW? What are you waiting for?

  68. [68] 
    michale wrote:

    Looks like Reince Priebus is on his way out... :D

    1000 quatloos says that the leaks stop when this happens.. :D

  69. [69] 
    Paula wrote:

    It would be great if Dems could get Collins and Murkowski to switch parties.

    The best Republican is a former Republican.

    Ah well, McConnell's quivering lips were priceless.

    All hail the Democrats who stuck together; and Collins and Murkowski who stayed strong while the men around them caved. McCain, finally, got his BIG moment of high drama, with which to cap off his career. Clearly he's been a frustrated actor all this time, looking for his Oscar. Not a bad way to go.

  70. [70] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    You can't ignore reality.President Trump is doing a great job!

    record-american-confidence-us-economy-hits-all-time-high-after-election

    That blog was written just after the election. In the article that he links to:

    "Gallup noted that the change was largely attributable to Republicans becoming more optimistic about the economy's direction."

    The numbers have fallen steadily since then, along with Republican optimism, I assume.

    us-police-trust-polling

    This is about trust in police, which is up, continuing a trend that began in 2015.

    americans-spending-mood-year/

    Defunct link, I think, another from just after the election.

    So much for Obama's foreign policy legacy

    Y'all wish. Obama's term is over. When y'all get done undoing every liddle thing that Obama did, will ya have a little party to celebrate? But then who will ya blame when it all goes sideways?

    Oh look, a pretty rocket off the coast of Japan.
    Wonder what SuperTrump will do about it?

  71. [71] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Paula: [69] McCain, finally, got his BIG moment of high drama, with which to cap off his career. Clearly he's been a frustrated actor all this time, looking for his Oscar.

    Our Nominee for Best Supporting Actor in a Farce.

  72. [72] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    1000 quatloos says that the leaks stop

    1000 says they don't. Most of those stories had multiple sources. He'd have to fire most of the White House staff to stop it.

    Then again, he's on his way to doing that. So hard to get good minions these days.

  73. [73] 
    TheStig wrote:

    Trump may not be able to legislate Obama Care out of existence, but as a consolation he can try his best to manage it badly. There will be pushback, but Trump loves lawsuits and lawyering. The longer, the better. Hold out as long as possible, settle for pennies on the dollar. This is his family history. Vendetta!

    Some people of retirement age garden for recreation. Trump sues. Trump will put the Presidency largely on autopilot. He won't have to leave the WH
    bedroom. Sad man in bathrobe, watching cable news, yelling at the screen, Tweeting, eating KFC.

  74. [74] 
    michale wrote:

    Y'all wish. Obama's term is over.

    But his stench lingers on.. That too, will soon be over..

    1000 says they don't. Most of those stories had multiple sources.

    Most of those stories have a SINGLE source..

    There.. Fixed it for you...

    Reince is a GOP anti-Trump stooge...

    Our Nominee for Best Supporting Actor in a Farce.

    You people are SOOOO predictable..

    Yesterday McCain was the most horrible person on the planet..

    Now that he's done what ya'all want, NOW he is yer bestest friend..

    How sad that ya'all are so ruled by your Party slavery...

  75. [75] 
    Paula wrote:

    [73] "Sad man in bathrobe, watching cable news, yelling at the screen, Tweeting, eating KFC."

    Yep.

    It will be great if Priebus gets the boot, on so many levels, but especially because the Repubs won't like it. They can put their finely-honed obstruction skills to good use, obstructing Bumpfy.

    In the end, though, the best scenario is Bumpfy flees to Russia and takes the Trumpers with him, trading them for Russians who yearn for freedom and the rule of law. Then everyone would belong where they really belong.

  76. [76] 
    michale wrote:

    In the end, though, the best scenario is Bumpfy flees to Russia and takes the Trumpers with him, trading them for Russians who yearn for freedom and the rule of law. Then everyone would belong where they really belong.

    Fantasize much???

    Much too much.... :D

  77. [77] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Priebus, like many of Trump's appointees and White House staff, was unsuited for the job in the first place. The professionals don't listen to him, and the amateurs think they know better. And Bannon. And Kush.

    And Trump: he's as hard to manage as a previously-abused dog. Try as hard as they may, they can't stop him from peeing on the rug every chance he gets.

  78. [78] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Paula [75]: takes the Trumpers with him, trading them for Russians who yearn for freedom and the rule of law. Then everyone would belong where they really belong.

    Let's keep that on the shelf for later. I'd happily trade Bannon for Pussy Riot.

  79. [79] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    M [74]: Most of those stories have a SINGLE source..There.. Fixed it for you.

    You must be drinking rose colored kool-aid today. Here are a few examples from just recently:

    Breitbart May 31: "Multiple senior White House sources tell Breitbart News that discussions to replace now former Deputy Chief of Staff Katie Walsh—an ally of Chief of Staff Reince Priebus who was removed from her position on Thursday—center on who has been leaking information out of the White House." (emphasis mine)

    Got that? Multiple leakers tell Brietbart that Priebus ally is a leaker.

    Daily Beast July 25: "The White House’s new communications director appears to have leaked news of the start of an impending staff shakeup on Tuesday morning, then invoked the story that resulted from his leak to denounce…. White House leaks."

    "According to multiple sources in the White House, Short and many of his colleagues learned of Scaramucci’s decision to axe him via the press, Twitter, and frantic texts. (emphasis mine)"

    Okay, the Mooch leaks, the uses the story based on the leak to denounce leaks. He'll fit right in.

    Then, multiple leakers say the fired leaker learned of his firing through leaks. You can't make this stuff up.

  80. [80] 
    LeaningBlue wrote:

    Here's a somewhat random thought, arising partially from the health care debate, which I heard over breakfast this morning.

    It's possible that the significant historical contributions of Trump will be the exact opposite of things that would get him the last slot on RushTrumpmore.

    His shenanigans are a stress test for Congress for the extent of Executive power. Executive power creep has continued in a bipartisan way from at least two different Roosevelts.

    The Sanctions bill is an example. Enough in Congress accepted the possibility that Trump would lift Russian sanctions on public and private entities to motivate oversight in the interest of checks and balances.

    It goes beyond whether Trump has any real juice left in Congress or not. It's better if he doesn't; Madison hoped for a contentious Exec and Congress.

    Thus did both sides of the aisle of both chambers willingly gave into their congressional institutionalist instincts to retain or acquire power over anything.

    There is a good chance there will be a new independent investigator paradigm motivated by the fear that Trump would fire Mueller.

    There is not imminent threat from Wray, or it would be a good bet that Congress would stake a position regarding the chain of command of the FBI director, even if only to let that go to the Courts.

    In other words, constitutionally speaking,Trump may not be a full peck of lemons. To the extent he is, though, Congress has excuse to make some lemonade, even though the President is shaded more like a citrus blend.

  81. [81] 
    Paula wrote:

    [78] Balthasar: Yep!

  82. [82] 
    michale wrote:

    Breitbart May 31: "Multiple senior White House sources tell Breitbart News that discussions to replace now former Deputy Chief of Staff Katie Walsh—an ally of Chief of Staff Reince Priebus who was removed from her position on Thursday—center on who has been leaking information out of the White House." (emphasis mine)

    Oh... So Breitbart *SAYS* they have "multiple sources"...

    Got that? Multiple leakers tell Brietbart that Priebus ally is a leaker.

    No.. Breitbart SAYS multiple leakers tell Breitbart..

    And you believe it because it suits your agenda to believe it..

    So transparent...

    And, of course, you BELIEVE them...

    "What are you? Cops or doormen??"
    -Eddie Murphy, BEVERLY HILLS COP

    You ONLY believe them because it suits your agenda.. If it DIDN'T suit your agenda, you would be calling them six different kinds of liars.. :D

  83. [83] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    No.. Breitbart SAYS multiple leakers tell Breitbart..

    You don't believe Breitbart? That makes two of us. But why would they lie in this case, when just one or two sources would've sufficed?

    But this is just one of dozens of cases of this. They aren't all lying, there's no motive.

  84. [84] 
    michale wrote:

    Police cheer Trump after jab at mayors who don't let them do their jobs
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/344363-police-cheer-trump-after-apparent-jab-at-de-blasio

    Law Enforcement are 1000% behind President Trump.. :D

    Millions and millions of American cops can't be wrong.. :D

  85. [85] 
    michale wrote:

    You don't believe Breitbart? That makes two of us. But why would they lie in this case, when just one or two sources would've sufficed?

    SO, you DO believe Breitbart..

    But *ONLY* because it suits your agenda...

    But this is just one of dozens of cases of this. They aren't all lying, there's no motive.

    OF COURSE there is a motive.. To add credibility.. They know that if they say "multiple sources" moronic Party slaves will buy into their bullshit, hook, line and sinker....

    "LOOK FRED!!! I REELED IN ANOTHER ONE!!!!!"

    :D

  86. [86] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    36

    Awwwww you were doing so well.. You went like a whole 3 or 4 posts without name-calling..

    Awwwww, you weren't doing so well. You have no self-control and either can't or won't stop lying about other posters. If you think it's name calling to point out the fact that another poster is lying about you, then so be it.

    How about your claim that you are not going to match wits with an unarmed person??

    I guess you gave that up when I forced you to argue with yourself!!!! :D

    The person on the board who quotes themselves the most and has conversations with themselves is actually you.

    TRANSLATION: I AM GETTING MY ASS KICKED!!!!!

    There's no need to translate English and put words in people's mouths that they never said; it's another form of lying.

    Oh yes.. The bill that gave President Trump EVERYTHING he wanted...

    Lie.

    The Russian Sanctions part that President Trump can throw in the face of Democrats when they accuse him of colluding with Russia..

    So you think a bill that Congress passed almost unanimously to remove power from the POTUS is indicative that they feel Trump is trustworthy regarding Russia? I think it proves the opposite... that Congress thinks Trump cannot be trusted regarding the issue.

    MORE Iranian sanctions that will force Iran to renege on that horrible JCPOA and allow President Trump to TOTALLY rescind the agreement..

    It seems to me like Congress doesn't trust Trump on several issues. Good call, Congress.

    Face the facts, Victoria.. Your Democrats got PLAYED by President Trump!!

    Face the facts:
    * Trump has still not agreed to sign the bill.
    * They are not my Democrats.
    * Telling lies on a regular basis only proves beyond doubt that a person is a liar.

    I won't even bother mentioning how President Trump played the Democrats by forcing them to expose their bogus pivot to economic/middle-class interests..

    And I won't mention how Trump stood in front of a group of professionals and said: "I always said let Obamacare implode, and I was right." Whatever Trump has to tell himself. *LOL* :)

    All in all, an awesome week for President Trump and a dismal showing for Republicans and Democrats.. :D

    #

  87. [87] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Law Enforcement are 1000% behind President Trump..

    Duh. Since when would police object to the poster boy for an American police state?

    I doubt that's unanimous though. It never is.

  88. [88] 
    Kick wrote:

    All in all, an awesome week for President Trump and a dismal showing for Republicans and Democrats.. :D

    With such an "awesome week" like that, who needs failure? #FailureFriday is trending on Twitter... tweet that.

  89. [89] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    OF COURSE there is a motive.. To add credibility.. They know that if they say "multiple sources" moronic Party slaves will buy into their bullshit, hook, line and sinker.

    And yet multiple sources have been cited multiple times by multiple news outlets. You'd have us believe that the NYT and Brietbart, WAPO and Fox, and dozens of other news outlets have all conspired to make it appear as though dozens of WH employees have leaked, when in fact it was only one all along.

    uh-huh. Whatever. Priebus was Trump's pick, not mine.

  90. [90] 
    Balthasar wrote:

    Kick [88]With such an "awesome week" like that, who needs failure?

    I'll bet the GOP is 'tired of winning' this week!

  91. [91] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    45

    I am still willing to honor that truce whenever you are..

    I know... How about a truce where you cease posting lies about other posters? That way no one has to keep pointing out the fact that you're lying about them. Now that would be a great truce.

  92. [92] 
    LeaningBlue wrote:

    [69] McCain, finally, got his BIG moment of high drama, with which to cap off his career.

    Thankfully for the country, his speech (which now seems so long ago) did truthfully embody the ways he hopes to be viewed in history. There really was Inaugural-level flashes in that speech. Once he got off the plane along with his consigliere and speech writer, Mark Salter, his vote was the likely outcome.

    As Sen. Graham reiterated in a different context, trust and verify. It was not a certainty. A Congressional elder gets the opportunity to become a statesman because he is a long-surviving partisan.

    McCain could have turned out to be an essential conspirator in the murder of Obamacare with procedural weapons. He would have entered a pantheon of conservative heroes in perpetuity.

    Maybe there never was any doubt. But I felt some. But in the early hours of the morning, Captain McCain put country over self and party, even if Senator McCain might have gone the other way.

    Our good luck.

  93. [93] 
    michale wrote:

    Awwwww, you weren't doing so well. You have no self-control and either can't or won't stop lying about other posters. If you think it's name calling to point out the fact that another poster is lying about you, then so be it.

    So you admit to the name-calling..

    I know... How about a truce where you cease posting lies about other posters? That way no one has to keep pointing out the fact that you're lying about them.

    If I were actually lying, you would have a point. But I am not, so you don't..

    Face reality.. You simply CAN'T debate without name-calling..

  94. [94] 
    michale wrote:

    And yet multiple sources have been cited multiple times by multiple news outlets. You'd have us believe that the NYT and Brietbart, WAPO and Fox, and dozens of other news outlets have all conspired to make it appear as though dozens of WH employees have leaked, when in fact it was only one all along.

    No, I would have you believe that media outlets LIE..

    This has been proven factual beyond ANY doubt..

    But you CHOOSE to believe the lies because it supports your agenda..

  95. [95] 
    michale wrote:

    Duh. Since when would police object to the poster boy for an American police state?

    Typical Left Winger HATE THE COPS attitude..

    No wonder ya'all can't win elections..

  96. [96] 
    michale wrote:

    Victoria,

    "You can't win. I have god on my side!!"
    -Max Von Sydow, NEEDFUL THINGS

    :D

  97. [97] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    50

    NO ONE, except moronic Democrats with less than 2 brain cells to rub together, believed that President Trump would win at EVERYTHING..

    Wrong again. This moronic Republican with less than 2 brain cells did:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daOH-pTd_nk

    MORON: You’re going to be so proud of your president and I don’t care about that, but you are going to be so proud of your country because we’re going to turn it around and we’re going to start winning again. We’re going to win so much. We’re going to win at every level. We’re going to win economically. We’re going to win with the economy. We’re going to win with military. We’re going to win with health care and for our veterans. We’re going to win with every single facet. We’re going to win so much you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, "Please, please, it’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore, Mr. President; it’s too much!" And I’ll say, "No, it isn’t; we have to keep winning! We have to win more! We’re going to win more! We're going to win so much."

    __________

    In the immortal words of Anthony Scaramucci: Bleep, bleep... bleepity, bleep bleep bleep. I bleeping love the bleep bleeping President Trump.

  98. [98] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    An awesome week for Trump?

    Trump put staff at the Pentagon into crisis mode with his tweets about transgendered service people after he waited nine minutes before saying what he was ordering after conferring with his generals and experts! A friend who works there said that literally everything going on there came to a screeching halt as everyone was glued to their screens in anticipation of Trump announcing what he was ordering. They were sure we were going to war with someone my friend said.

    From my bud's tone throughout our conversation, I do not think there would be much resistance to a military coup taking place if we ever get to that point -- and that is coming from a guy who is the poster child for conservative ideology!

    Trump keeps asking why Sessions isn't investigating Clinton, but if he wants that to happen, all he need do is order Sessions to investigate her. Trump doesn't seem to realize that he is in charge of the executive branch. Yet he believes he can give orders to the Legislative branch and they have to do what he says.

    He has hired a communications director who is to Trump what Mini-Me was to Dr. Evil in the Austin Powers movies! The Mooch told reporters that he's nothing like Steve Bannon, who he described as always attempting to suck his own rooster! Seriously!?!?

    It wasn't President Trump who promised the American people to repeal TrainWreckCare and then went ahead and voted to KEEP TrainWreckCare..

    Really?

    “So, just to sum up, I would do various things very quickly. I would repeal and replace the big lie, Obamacare.” [New York, NY, 6/15/15]
    “We have to repeal Obamacare, and it can be?—?and?—?and it can be replaced with something much better for everybody. Let it be for everybody. But much better and much less expensive for people and for the government. And we can do it.” [New York, NY, 6/15/15]
    “Repeal and replace with something terrific…Other than that, it’s private. You will get great plans, you will have great competition, everything else. Now, at the lower end, where people have no money, I want to try and help those people. And I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. But I want to try and help those people, so they can also can?—?now, it’s not going to be like a good plan. It’s not going to be like the finest plan that somebody that’s made some money or has a good living can do.” [CNN, 7/29/15]
    “We get rid of Obamacare and we have a great life all together.” [GOP debate, Los Angeles, CA, 9/16/15]
    “We’re going to end, terminate, repeal Obamacare and replace it with something really, really great that works. That works.” [New Hampshire, 9/17/15]
    “We are going to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something much better, much better much better.” [Waterloo, IA, 10/7/15]
    “We’re gonna repeal Obamacare.” [Las Vegas, NV, 10/8/15]
    “We are going to repeal and replace Obamacare which is a disaster.” [Norcross, GA, 10/10/15]
    “We’re going to terminate Obamacare. We’re going to terminate it, it’s going to be terminated, it’s going to be replaced with something much better and something much less expensive for you and for the country.” [Burlington, IA, 10/21/15]
    “Someone said what’s the first thing you’re going to do? Well we’re going to work immediately on repealing Obamacare.” [Sioux City, IA, 10/27/15]
    “I would work immediately on Obamacare repeal and replace, and we would do something terrific there.” [FOX, 11/3/15]
    “… the repeal of Obamacare and replacing it with something so much better. So we will repeal.” [Aiken, SC, 12/12/15]
    “Our health care is a horror show. Obamacare, we’re going to repeal it and replace it.” [North Charleston, SC, 1/14/16]

  99. [99] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Still got more Trump saying he would repeal ObamaCare for you Michale!

    “Everybody in here, many of you know me, from day one I’ve been talking about we’re going to repeal and replace Obamacare from day one, we’re going to do it. If you remember, so important, from day one I’ve been saying, repeal and replace Obamacare.” [Milford, NH, 2/2/16]

    “I think Obamacare is a very big issue. I see it, we are going to repeal it or replace it with something much better and much less expensive. We have a lot of different things we are going to do.” [FOX, 2/10/16]

    “We’re going to absolutely terminate and repeal?—?we’re going to repeal ‘Obamacare.’ Has to be repealed.” [FOX, 2/11/15]

    “But he’ll take something like Obamacare where I’m totally and absolutely, you know, going to repeal and replace Obamacare from its inception and he’ll say that I love Obamacare, which is so ridiculous.” [CNN, 2/15/16]

    “Look, I want?—?we’re going to?—?we’re going to repeal and?—?and replace Obamacare. Obamacare is a total and complete disaster. It’s going to be gone. We’re going to come up with a great health care plan, whether it’s health care savings accounts, we have a lot of different things.” [West Palm Beach, FL, 2/21/16]

    “We’re going to win with Obamacare?—?we’re getting rid of it, we’re repealing, it replacing it.” [Columbus, OH, 3/1/16]

    “We are going to get rid of Obamacare and repeal it and replace it.” [Portland, ME, 3/3/16]

    “Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.” [Trump campaign website, 3/3/16]

    “We are going to get rid of a lot of things. We are getting rid of Obamacare and replacing it. OK?” [Orlando, FL, 3/5/16]

    “On health care where we’re going to repeal and replace Obamacare…” [GOP debate, Jupiter, FL, 3/8/16]

    “We have discussed repealing and replacing Obamacare. It is going to happen.” [Fayetteville, NC, 3/9/16]

    “We can’t have good health care. Obamacare is a disaster. Got to be repealed and replaced.” [Fox News, 3/11/16]

    “We are going to repeal and replace Obamacare and we are going to win with its replacement.” [Dayton, OH, 3/12/16]

    “We’re going to repeal and replace Obama care. It’s going to be repealed and replaced.”[Kansas City, MO, 3/12/16]

    “We are gonna lead on health care, we are gonna get rid of Obamacare, repeal and replace.” [West Chester, OH, 3/13/16]

    “Obamacare is a disaster. It will be repealed and replaced as sure as you’re sitting there. Repealed and replaced. Thank you. And we will have alternatives that will be so good, that’s so much less expensive. So much better. You will actually be able to keep your doctor and to have your plan.” [Tampa, FL, 3/14/16]

    “And I have to tell you, health care, Obamacare is a disaster. We’re gonna repeal and replace it. We’re gonna repeal it and replace it.” [Hickory, NC, 3/14/16]

    “We’re repealing and replacing Obamacare that I can tell you.” [Youngstown, OH, 3/14/16]

    “We’re gonna terminate Obamacare. We’re gonna repeal it and replace it with great health care for far less money. That’s gonna happen. That is going to happen.” [Fountain Hills, AZ, 3/19/16]

    “HANNITY: You said to me you will repeal “Obama care” and replace it with health care savings accounts. TRUMP: Correct.” [Fox News, 3/21/16]

    “So we’re gonna get efficiency in government but we’re gonna end Obamacare. We’re gonna replace it with something so much better and so much less expensive.” [Janesville, WI, 3/29/16]

    Do you need me to continue Michale?

  100. [100] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Care to correct your statement that Trump didn't claim he would repeal ObamaCare, because I have about 50 more times that prove you wrong??

  101. [101] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Well, color me stupid! I just reread your statement. Sorry Michale, it was i who was wrong.

  102. [102] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    68

    Looks like Reince Priebus is on his way out... :D

    1000 quatloos says that the leaks stop when this happens.. :D

    Not unless he takes Bannon and several others with him. Remember that time weeks ago when you accused Mueller of doing the leaking, and I told you that those leaks were coming from the White House?

    http://www.chrisweigant.com/2017/06/15/senate-votes-to-take-power-away-from-trump/#comment-102960

    Believe me now when I tell you that removing Reince would be like removing merely the tip of the iceberg, and everyone knows what they say about icebergs: Loose lips sink ships. :)

  103. [103] 
    Kick wrote:

    Paula
    75

    It will be great if Priebus gets the boot, on so many levels, but especially because the Repubs won't like it. They can put their finely-honed obstruction skills to good use, obstructing Bumpfy.

    Tweet, tweet. Done! Priebus is out. This is a problem for Trump on more levels than one. :)

  104. [104] 
    Kick wrote:

    Balthasar
    77

    Priebus, like many of Trump's appointees and White House staff, was unsuited for the job in the first place. The professionals don't listen to him, and the amateurs think they know better. And Bannon. And Kush.

    Now, now Balthy. You know Trump hires only the "best people." He's proving that now by firing them. :)

  105. [105] 
    Kick wrote:

    Reince actually resigned yesterday.

  106. [106] 
    michale wrote:

    Russ,

    Care to correct your statement that Trump didn't claim he would repeal ObamaCare, because I have about 50 more times that prove you wrong??

    No... Cuz I never said Trump didn't claim he would repeal TrainWreckCare..

    I said . It wasn't President Trump who promised the American people to repeal TrainWreckCare and then went ahead and voted to KEEP TrainWreckCare..

    And I am dead on ballz accurate..

    I won't accuse you of lying about what I said.. That's not my style...

  107. [107] 
    michale wrote:

    Did I call it or what!!!?? Gods, I'm good!!!! :D

    And now we have a General as Chief Of Staff..

    YES!!!!!! :D

  108. [108] 
    michale wrote:

    Russ,

    Well, color me stupid! I just reread your statement. Sorry Michale, it was i who was wrong.

    My apologies as well.. I should have read the entire thread before I shot off my mouth..

    My sincere apologies...

  109. [109] 
    Paula wrote:

    [103} Kick: So Priebus is out! May he spill everything he knows to Mueller.

  110. [110] 
    TheStig wrote:

    The American Psychoanalytic Association has waived the Goldwater Rule discouraging speculation about a politician's mental state. I don't know if the NewYorker interview with Scaramucci had anything to do with this, but Mucchi comes off more like a mafia enforcer than a communications director, or whatever his formeral title is. Spicier than Spicer.

    Not sure if this link is paywalled....

    http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

    reader discretion advised

  111. [111] 
    michale wrote:

    [103} Kick: So Priebus is out! May he spill everything he knows to Mueller.

    Naaw, Sessions is on his way out as well..

    That means Mueller will soon follow..

    And I can't wait!!! :D

  112. [112] 
    Paula wrote:

    [105] Kick -- yeah, now I'm seeing the tweet saying Priebus resigned yesterday. If I had to pick his word vs. Dumpy's I'd be inclined to believe Priebus.

    He's either incredibly relieved, or is trying to figure out how much trouble he, himself, might be in. Probably both. But he'd be in trouble anyway so now he can do some "looking out for #1" instead of having to try to salvage the Trumptanic.

  113. [113] 
    nypoet22 wrote:

    I am confused by McCain and his process. Was he hoping to be convinced? Making a point about procedure? Having a cerebral episode? On behalf of the thousands who will likely owe their lives to his decision, i suppose i don't care.

  114. [114] 
    LeaningBlue wrote:

    Reince [adios].

    I just noticed something. There's a grammar school spelling rhyme that goes "I before E except after C, or sounded like A..." Reince is another exception to that rule.

    And now we have a General as Chief Of Staff..

    A military man running this White House. Bannon spoke of "war room," but seemingly in the abstract. This is a war chief, because there is really is a war now.

    michale, you mentioned that AF clubs, both nco and officer, were the best. My theory of why that is so: Marines.

    I mean, how would the guy who runs an AF club on a base in the middle of nowhere get, say, pumpkins for the kids' Halloween Party? Or even just to decorate the bar room for the adults' party?

    Hop to the nearest big transport base and make a deal with the BX people to get the pumpkins in one of their shipments, then go get them and bring them back in the courier plane, because no customs and the aircrew will gladly help out (if local) or it certainly will be made worth their while at the clubs after they land.

    Navy and Marines are chained together at the ankles. They really don't much like each other. If a Navy club officer were bringing back a bunch of pumpkins on a courier, he'd run the risk of some Jack Nicholson style Marine on board who'd see it and rip him a new one because he can and he's hated Navy pussies since Annapolis.

    I'm rambling, but it's the evening and a Friday.

  115. [115] 
    Paula wrote:

    And Mooche's wife files for divorce because she's disgusted by his political ambitions and willingness to ass-kiss Trump. Smart woman.

  116. [116] 
    TheStig wrote:

    White House firings will continue until morale improves.....

    Stay tuned for next week's crazy adventure:

    Reinse and Repeat!!

    Or

    All the The President's Men???

  117. [117] 
    Kick wrote:

    Off topic. Russians are boarding the ISS as we speak.

  118. [118] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    Sorry this took so long, but if anyone's still reading, here's both video and transcript of this presser:

    https://www.c-span.org/video/?431902-1/gop-senators-demand-conference-house-exchange-supporting-skinny-repeal-bill&live=&start=800

    -CW

  119. [119] 
    Kick wrote:

    Michale
    93

    So you admit to the name-calling..

    If you lie about me, I will continue to point out that you're lying. I'm not a Democrat, and whenever you insist I am, you're lying about me. What is wrong with pointing out the fact that you're lying? You refer to people as "hysterical" and "party slaves/zealots/etc."... so I really don't see what your problem is since nearly everything you post contains similar language. Would you prefer the term "hysterical fabrication" from now on?

    If I were actually lying, you would have a point. But I am not, so you don't..

    Ah, the old "lying about lying" defense. You are intentionally making false statements so you meet the definition; good luck convincing anyone that you don't fit the description.

    Face reality.. You simply CAN'T debate without name-calling..

    What you do here is closer to trolling posters about things you hysterically fabricate rather than actual political debate. Telling people over and over that they're "party slaves" and that "both sides do it equally" and suggesting that they add false equivalency statements to their posts in order to avoid being called a party slave doesn't actually constitute "debate." :)

  120. [120] 
    Kick wrote:

    LWYH
    100, 101

    Care to correct your statement that Trump didn't claim he would repeal ObamaCare, because I have about 50 more times that prove you wrong??

    Well, color me stupid! I just reread your statement. Sorry Michale, it was i who was wrong.

    Yes, well... but reading your proof and remembering other things he said about Obamacare, it becomes evident that Trump is just as responsible for the failure as anyone who actually voted against it because he failed to deliver what he claimed:

    * "We're going to have insurance for everybody."
    * "No cuts to Medicaid."
    * "No one will lose coverage."
    * "Nobody will be worse off financially."
    * "Everybody's going to be taken care of."
    * "For a fraction of the cost."

    What health care plan did he actually have? NONE... NADA... ZIP... ZILCH... So the House managed to cobble together a plan that he at first celebrated and then called "mean, mean, mean."

    So to say that Trump will be fine because it wasn't him who promised to repeal Obamacare and then went ahead and voted against it is disingenuous since he made so many other promises about it that he either couldn't or didn't deliver. I don't see how Trump is without fault here. Perhaps if Trump had delivered on even some of the bullshit he said he would, then the bill most likely wouldn't have gone down to defeat... just saying. He was willing to sign anything... anything to get a win no matter who it hurt or how many people he injured.

  121. [121] 
    Kick wrote:

    Paula
    112

    He's either incredibly relieved, or is trying to figure out how much trouble he, himself, might be in. Probably both. But he'd be in trouble anyway so now he can do some "looking out for #1" instead of having to try to salvage the Trumptanic.

    Reinhold is already aware of how much trouble he's in. :)

  122. [122] 
    Kick wrote:

    Paula
    115

    And Mooche's wife files for divorce because she's disgusted by his political ambitions and willingness to ass-kiss Trump. Smart woman.

    Seriously! *LOL* Now that's funny. :)

  123. [123] 
    michale wrote:

    Ah, the old "lying about lying" defense. You are intentionally making false statements so you meet the definition; good luck convincing anyone that you don't fit the description.

    It is your claim that I am making false statements..

    Until you can PROVE they are false, they stand as valid, given all the evidence that supports the claim that you are a Democrat...

    So, until you can PROVE I am lying, your claim that I am lying is, in fact, a lie...

    So, I guess that makes YOU the liar.. :D

  124. [124] 
    michale wrote:

    What is wrong with pointing out the fact that you're lying?

    Because it's not a fact... Until you can prove it, it is you who is lying.

    My NPA status is well established and I have PROVEN it with documentation by posting my voter registration card..

    The facts clearly show you are a Democrat and, until you can prove otherwise, it stands as factual...

    I completely understand why you would NOT want people to know you are part of the Dumbocrat Party... I would deny it all to hell and back as well.. :D

    Oh, and just for the record..

    Once again, you make everything about me... :D

  125. [125] 
    michale wrote:

    Off topic. Russians are boarding the ISS as we speak.

    So??? Considering how badly Odumbo gutted NASA and made it the laughing stock of the world, Russia pretty much owns the ISS...

    I would never have taken you for a Russian bigot..

  126. [126] 
    michale wrote:
  127. [127] 
    michale wrote:

    I don't see how Trump is without fault here.

    Of COURSE you don't...

    You NEVER see President Trump without any fault...

    NEVER..

    That's what makes you such a loyal member of the Democrat Party...

    The facts are clear...

  128. [128] 
    ListenWhenYouHear wrote:

    Kick,

    "hysterical fabrication"

    LOVE IT!!!

    The craziest thing about Michale constantly accusing everyone else of being party zealots/slaves is he then posted this:

    Every day I wake up at between 0300 and 0400.. I get up to start my day. Going thru all the challenges I will face this day is daunting and somewhat depressing..

    Then I remember that President Trump is *STILL* President. I get a little smile on my face and I say to myself, I say "Self?? It's not going to be THAT bad of a day!!"

    And that makes everything just a bit better.. :D

    I have to work to keep my dinner down every time I read this!

    That level of devotion/obsession is usually limited to the cult members put in charge of mixing the Kool-aid.

    Thanks for the message [120]! The entire Republican Party (which includes the Trump Administration) is guilty of screwing up the repeal of the ACA.

    It would have been better for them if they actually had a replacement ready, but that was never going to happen. The ACA was over ten years in the making -- as it was put in as a pilot program under Romney in MA. To think that they could create a functioning new healthcare plan that has never been put through actual trials was ridiculous.

  129. [129] 
    michale wrote:

    A military man running this White House.

    And I couldn't be more pleased.. :D

    This is a war chief, because there is really is a war now.

    It's been a war since 9 Nov 2016....

    michale, you mentioned that AF clubs, both nco and officer, were the best. My theory of why that is so: Marines.

    Heh

    Air Force's MWR is an entire department with AFSCs dedicated to the function.. When I was part of PACAF/18th TAC Fighter Wing, our base commander General McInerny (now a Fox News contributor) was a big MWR guy.. His motto was If you don't take care of your people, you can't fly and fight HUGE MWR guy...

    Marines???

    Their MWR department is a single private in a broom closet.. :D

  130. [130] 
    michale wrote:

    Russ,

    I have to work to keep my dinner down every time I read this!

    Which PROVES you are the Party zealot..

    If stating how awesome President Trump is makes you physically ill???

    'Nuff said.. :D

    That level of devotion/obsession is usually limited to the cult members put in charge of mixing the Kool-aid.

    And, ironically enough, it's much MUCH less devotion/obsession than ya'all had with Odumbo..

    How do we know??

    I have NO PROBLEM with President Trump resigning and VP Pence take the top spot.

    Sure, I'll be disappointed and somewhat bummed that a true Independent POTUS was forced out of office..

    But I won't become physically ill like you claim or I won't have a nervous breakdown as a couple Weigantians did when President Trump won the election..

    President Trump could resign today and I would still be my normal chipper and happy self tomorrow.. :D

    To think that they could create a functioning new healthcare plan that has never been put through actual trials was ridiculous.

    ALMOST as ridiculous as lying to the American people over and over again and throw together a train wreck that will implode under it's own weight...

    :D

Comments for this article are closed.