ChrisWeigant.com

Please support ChrisWeigant.com this holiday season!

Rove, Meet Godwin

[ Posted Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 – 17:21 PST ]

So, Karl, how does it feel to face the extremists in your own party?

This thought was first and foremost in my mind when I read today that some Tea Partiers are using an image of Karl Rove dressed as a Nazi to raise money for their cause from the right-wing base. Perhaps Rove will become some sort of corollary, further defining the ever-widening scope of Godwin's Law, who knows? Karl Rove has met the enemy, and it is entirely of his own making, to paraphrase Pogo Possum. The demagogue finally meets the demos (people) he's been agogos-ing (leading) all along.

OK, I realize that's not even close to being bilingually and grammatically correct, but I'm certainly not going to let that stop me (insert your own "it's all Greek to me" joke here). But this goes way beyond garden-variety irony or schadenfreude, when you get right down to it. Such petard-self-hoisting is truly gleeful to watch, as is true for me with most Republican-on-Republican cage matches.

Karl Rove has, for pretty much his entire career as a political operative, been a master manipulator of the public's emotions. Two of Rove's favorite emotions to manipulate are those old Machiavellian standbys: "fear" and "hatred." And now Rove is finding out what it is like to be the target of such emotions, coming from a group he's more used to leading than defending against.

For those of you who haven't been paying attention, Rove has spent a lot of time -- and a lot of other people's money -- over the past three or four years attempting to co-opt the Tea Party energy to do the Republican Party's bidding. His whole "American Crossroads" political money machine dedicated itself towards this goal, very early on. Karl produced hundreds of millions of dollars of negative advertisements viciously attacking Democrats and President Obama in the last election cycle, for instance. He didn't get much of a return on this investment, to put it mildly.

Now Karl's come up with a new idea, and a new group which is dedicated to "victory" for Republicans. Karl's problem, however, is that achieving such victory means weeding out the nutjobs who keep on winning Republican primaries (and then losing general elections). Karl is desperately pleading with the Tea Partiers to take "electability" into account when putting forth candidates. You know -- people who won't actually admit out loud what is actually core Republican philosophy, especially when it comes to women and rape and abortion.

The Tea Partiers, notably, are not a group of folks who take kindly to being told who to support by Republican political consultants, however. And that's putting it about as politely as humanly possible.

Which brings us to the current state of open warfare within the Republican Party, and also indirectly to Godwin. Here's today's news (which you'll have to click on to see the photo of Rove as an SS Reichsführer, and all the supporting links):

A tea party group portrayed leading Republican strategist Karl Rove as a Nazi in an email it sent Tuesday -- and later had to apologize for it, blaming a contractor.

The Tea Party Patriots, a well-established group within the right-wing movement, sent out the message featuring a Photoshopped image of Karl Rove in a Nazi uniform, Politico reported. The email's subject read: "Wipe the Smirk Off Karl Rove’s Face."

The email was sent under the name of Tea Party Patriots co-founder and national coordinator Jenny Beth Martin in a fundraising solicitation. But Jameson Cunningham, a spokesperson for the group, said it was an unfortunate accident.

"The image was a mistake which was never approved by TPP,” Cunningham told Politico.

Martin later apologized, saying a vendor was responsible for the Nazi image.

In other words: "Nothing to see here... it was all a mistake... we're really sorry that this got in the news and became a big story, because we really meant it only to be seen by people who might donate money to our organization." The irony is so thick and juicy, it's a wonder they're not slicing it up and selling slabs of it to make money as well.

In 1990, a guy named Mike Godwin came up with a very technical "law" concerning bringing up Nazis in online conversation. While the original Godwin's Law is limited in scope, since its creation it has been widely expanded into something along the lines of: "When you bring up Hitler or Nazis in a conversation, it ends the effectiveness of that conversation." Playing the "Nazi card," in other words, shuts down the debate because no rational conversation can happen when such hyperbole is being tossed about.

Rove, meet Godwin. Couldn't have happened to a more appropriate person, really. You can't really complain about the whirlwind when you sowed that particular wind yourself -- maybe that should be the "Rove Corollary" to Godwin's Law. When you've proudly been called "Turd Blossom" by a sitting president, it's kind of hard to complain when the turds start flying your way.

-- Chris Weigant

 

Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisWeigant

 

43 Comments on “Rove, Meet Godwin”

  1. [1] 
    Michale wrote:

    How is Karl Rove any different than David Plouffe or any of the other Obama/Democrat Puppet-masters???

    Besides Rove being "better" (or worse, depending on your political leanings) at it??

    As one who holds BOTH political Partys in disdain, I fail to see any difference...

    Of course, STAR TREK provides the wisdom as it usually does..

    "Your Good and your Evil use the same methods to achieve the same goals."
    -Yarnek, STAR TREK The Savage Curtain

    Democrats and Republicans use the same methods to achieve the same goals...

    One is no better nor worse than the other...

    Michale.....

  2. [2] 
    akadjian wrote:

    I guess when you spend all your life stoking fear and paranoia, should it really be surprising when people become suspicious of you?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpAANsoG8I

    I never thought I'd see Rove portrayed as Hitler though.

    -David

  3. [3] 
    db wrote:

    Michale,

    Is your point that the Tea Party turning on Rove (or vice versa) is the equivalent of the Left Wing Groups demanding the impeachment of President Obama over the drone issue?

    The ultimate question, I'd suggest, is unanswerable; did Romney lose more votes (by lack of voting, enthusiasm, or whatever) by being conciliatory to the Socialist Muslim Marxist than he gained by his "move to the center"?

    David,

    Goebbels, the Minister of Propaganda, is a better fit than Hitler and, frankly, I saw the picture more that way than as Hitler personally.

  4. [4] 
    akadjian wrote:

    How is Karl Rove any different than David Plouffe or any of the other Obama/Democrat Puppet-masters?

    While I think I know where you're coming from, I'd have to say I still see some pretty significant differences.

    A couple thoughts on Rove ...
    1) No positive message
    2) The exclusive use of fear and paranoia (see #1)
    3) The amount of hubris- Remember how he was so convinced of his power that he couldn't believe the results on election night?
    4) Strength of relationship with corporate interests

    He's no Goebbels, Michale. There are some distinct differences, however, between the approaches of a Rove and a Plouffe.

    -David

  5. [5] 
    Michale wrote:

    He's no Goebbels, Michale. There are some distinct differences, however, between the approaches of a Rove and a Plouffe.

    Not really..

    The only difference is the ideology...

    Every "thought" on Rove could easily be applied to Team Obama... Each and every one...

    Michale

  6. [6] 
    Michale wrote:

    1) No positive message
    2) The exclusive use of fear and paranoia (see #1)

    Obama and the Left are ALL about fear-mongering..

    GOP "war on women"...

    Climate change is going to destroy the planet.

    Romney gave a woman cancer.

    Romney is a felon.

    etc etc etc ad nasuem...

    Of course, you don't see it because you agree with the message...

    3) The amount of hubris- Remember how he was so convinced of his power that he couldn't believe the results on election night?

    You mean like Obama saying that the majority of Americans are for gun bans and the majority of Americans are for ObamaCare???

    4) Strength of relationship with corporate interests

    I don't even have to break a sweat for this one..

    Even though Facebook (FB) reported $1.1 billion in pre-tax profits from U.S. operations in 2012, it will probably pay zero federal and state taxes—and even receive a federal tax refund of about $429 million—according to a Feb. 14 statement from Citizens for Tax Justice.
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-02-15/facebook-gets-a-multi-billion-dollar-tax-break

    Like I always say..

    There isn't a slam or attack that can be thrown at the Right that can't ALSO be thrown at the Left...

    Michale.....

  7. [7] 
    Michale wrote:

    Is your point that the Tea Party turning on Rove (or vice versa) is the equivalent of the Left Wing Groups demanding the impeachment of President Obama over the drone issue?

    Left wing groups have demanded impeachment of Obama??

    Do tell!! :D

    Irregardless, my point would simply refer back to Yarnek's quote, paraphrased...

    "Your {Democrats} and your {Republicans} use the same methods to achieve the same goals"

    Michale

  8. [8] 
    Michale wrote:

    "—and even receive a federal tax refund of about $429 million—"

    If THAT is not "in bed with Corporate Interests", nothing is!

    Michale

  9. [9] 
    Michale wrote:

    http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/you-may-be-right-mr-president-but-this-is-crazy-20130220

    And that says it all...

    Obama and the Democrats seem to be more concerned about their politics rather than the welfare of the country....

    The fact that Republicans are the same way does NOT mitigate the responsibility shared by Obama and the Democrats..

    Michale

  10. [10] 
    db wrote:

    David, #4

    The Rove/Goebbels comparison was mine, not Michale's. I will stand by it though as Rove of Minister of Propaganda strikes me as the role he played in getting George Bush elected President twice.

  11. [11] 
    akadjian wrote:

    The Rove/Goebbels comparison was mine, not Michale's. I will stand by it though as Rove of Minister of Propaganda strikes me as the role he played in getting George Bush elected President twice.

    Sorry, db. My bad on the attribution.

    I'll stand by my position that Rove is no Goebbels though.

    Does he produce propaganda? Yes, I'd buy that. Is he producing it for the Nazi party? No.

    There isn't a slam or attack that can be thrown at the Right that can't ALSO be thrown at the Left.

    Who's 'slamming' the Right?

    I'm simply pointing out differences. Which it looks like 'No positive message' isn't even in dispute.

    And yeah, the Facebook issue makes me angry too.

    So tell me how the Republican party would fix this? The only answer I've seen from them is, let's give even more tax breaks to multinational corporations.

    Can you tell me how more tax breaks is going to fix issues like Facebook not paying taxes?

    Say what you will, but Dems aren't proposing more tax handouts to the wealthy.

    -David

  12. [12] 
    akadjian wrote:

    It comes down to this, Michale.

    The Republican party currently offers no solutions to fix any of the issues you describe.

    So all they do right now is lob negative bombs. That's it.

    When you can show me a Republican with a realistic solution that would end tax breaks for the wealthy, instead of giving them more breaks, I might buy it.

    -David

    -David

  13. [13] 
    BashiBazouk wrote:

    I don't even have to break a sweat for this one..

    I can tell... you might try reading the article and doing a bit of follow up research. First, this story broke last May when facebook did it's IPO. I guess it wasn't sexy enough for the conservative blogs then? What has changed? Second, facebook has a political PAC. It contributed a little bit more to republicans than democrats and none to either presidential candidates. Third, three Senators, all democrats, offered a bill to fix the loophole but it died in committee. Not sure why.

    Problem, yes. But to try and pin it on the democrats or make an allusion that the democrats are more or equally to blame is political mud slinging. What was that about the left and right doing the same things? Guess the independents and NGO's are just as bad...

  14. [14] 
    akadjian wrote:

    But to try and pin it on the democrats or make an allusion that the democrats are more or equally to blame is political mud slinging.

    Beyond that, Bashi, it's just batshit insane.

    Why?

    Because conservatives are 100% for giving companies like Facebook larger tax breaks.

    It's their entire platform.

    Don't believe me, here's Rob Portman (almost Romney's running mate) pitching his platform to lower the corporate tax rate from 35% to 25%

    http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013302190025&gcheck=1

    So why would conservatives complain about Facebook not paying taxes when not paying taxes is the corporate conservative wet f*cking dream?

    -David

  15. [15] 
    Michale wrote:

    I'm simply pointing out differences. Which it looks like 'No positive message' isn't even in dispute.

    Hypothtetically....

    "Michale is an arrogant and loud mouth blowhard...

    David is a thoughtful and intelligent person."

    A typical Weigantian would say, "I am not slamming Michale, I am just pointing out the differences"

    But would that REALLY be accurate?? :D

    And yeah, the Facebook issue makes me angry too.

    So tell me how the Republican party would fix this? The only answer I've seen from them is, let's give even more tax breaks to multinational corporations.

    I don't know, I don't care and it's not my point...

    My point is you accuse the Republicans of being in bed with Corporate Interests..

    Yet, I can PROVE to you that Democrats are JUST as in bed with Corporate Interests as Republicans...

    So, why slam JUST the GOP for it and give the DEMs a pass??

    The Republican party currently offers no solutions to fix any of the issues you describe.

    And the only "solutions" offered by the Democratic Party makes things tons worse...

    All told, I would prefer nothing to worse...

    So why would conservatives complain about Facebook not paying taxes when not paying taxes is the corporate conservative wet f*cking dream?

    That's not the question..

    The question is why does the rank and file Left still support Democrats who are just as enamored and ensnared by Corporate Interests as the Left accuses the Republican Party of being??

    Basically it comes down to choosing between one's principles and one's ideological loyalty...

    I simply maintain that we need a LOT less of the latter and a LOT more of the former...

    Wouldn't you agree???

    Michale

  16. [16] 
    akadjian wrote:

    But would that REALLY be accurate?

    Yes.

    Basically it comes down to choosing between one's principles and one's ideological loyalty

    Let's look at the issue you brought up with Facebook.

    The issue is ... corporations getting huge tax breaks.

    If that's the issue, what are a few of the more basic options?

    One, stop giving them more tax breaks.
    Two, tax them at a similar percentage as ordinary people. Return corporate rates to the Clinton year rates.
    Three, give them more tax breaks.

    I simply disagree with option 3 (which also happens to be the Republican Party platform)

    You can spin it as "ideological loyalty" all you want, Michale, but if the issue is companies like Facebook exploiting corporate tax loopholes, it would be insane to argue for bigger tax breaks.

    The principle is one of equal taxation.

    Is this your new favorite tactic btw? You seem to be using it a lot. Accusing people of "ideological loyalty"?

    Is that because it's really hard to argue for giving corporations more tax breaks?

    -David

  17. [17] 
    Michale wrote:

    Is this your new favorite tactic btw? You seem to be using it a lot. Accusing people of "ideological loyalty"?

    Because it's the ONLY explanation that fits the facts...

    What else explains the Left still supporting Obama when he is more Bush than Bush when it comes to CT policies??

    What else explains the Left still supporting Obama and the Democrats when it comes to protecting and being in bed with Corporate Interests..

    About the *ONLY* thing Democrats have going for them is that they can talk the talk..

    But when it comes to walking the walk, they are no different than Republicans..

    Ergo, since Democrats *ARE* no different than Republicans, the ONLY explanation that fits the facts is that the support still given to Democrats comes from ideological loyalty...

    And, for the record, it's NOT an accusation. I completely and unequivocally understand the WHY... At times, I almost envy that ya'all have something that ya'all believe in so strongly, to the exclusion of all else...

    That kind of faith is heart-warming..

    But to deny that it exists is simply to deny reality...

    Is that because it's really hard to argue for giving corporations more tax breaks?

    I am not arguing for ANY ideological position..

    I am simply pointing out the illogic of ya'all's arguments against the Right...

    They are illogical because the Left is no different than the Right with regards to the arguments you are making..

    Michale

  18. [18] 
    Michale wrote:

    So all they do right now is lob negative bombs. That's it

    And Democrats don't???

    When you can show me a Republican with a realistic solution that would end tax breaks for the wealthy, instead of giving them more breaks, I might buy it.

    ANd when you can show me a realistic solution from the Democrats, then *I* might buy it..

    But things are WORSE under Obama and the Democrats.. Not better..

    Democrats have had their shot..

    And they made things worse...

    Sure, you can cherry pick a fact here and there... But looking at the big picture, we're in a tailspin..

    Deficit is up to 16 TRILLION dollars...

    Gas prices are going thru the roof...

    And yet ya'all STILL believe that the Democrat way is the correct way, despite ALL the evidence to the contrary...

    The Republicans may not have the right way..

    But you simply CANNOT say that the Democrat way is any better....

    Michale

  19. [19] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    Michale -

    "Michale is an arrogant and loud mouth blowhard...

    David is a thoughtful and intelligent person."

    Oh, you just know I'm going to save that gem up so I can use it as an example of "why quoting people out of context is a bad thing" in the future, right?

    Heh.

    db -

    Goebbels... OK, I can see it...

    Heh heh.

    Two things: One, Rove is just following a path laid down by Lee Atwater (who had a deathbed conversion and recounted all the ugly tactics he had ever used, whether you believe him or not). Two, has anyone else read Kurt Vonnegut Jr.'s "Mother Night"? Seems appropriate. Where IS that Fairy Blue Godmother when you need it?

    akadjian -

    I agree totally. Never thought I'd see the day when Right-wingers portrayed Karl Rove as a Reichsführer. Will wonders never cease.

    Heh. Heh heh.

    -CW

  20. [20] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    Fortunately for us all, the Germans also invented a term to describe exactly where we are vis-à-vis Karl Rove right now:

    schadenfreude

    Couldn't have happened to a more appropriate guy.

    -CW

  21. [21] 
    Chris Weigant wrote:

    Michale [1] -

    OK, I've just got to take mercy on you. If you're looking for any sort of "Dems do it too" parallel about "attacking one's own" or a "circular firing squad," there is one and ONLY one obvious choice from the Obama inner circle (and it ain't Plouffe):

    Rahm Emanuel.

    Just do a search on what I've had to say about ol' Rahm here on this site. You'll find plenty of rhetorical ammo. Don't believe I've ever called him a Nazi, but then again I don't normally do that sort of thing to anybody....

    You're welcome.

    [Yes, I'm still annoyed about the whole "fucking retarded" comment... there's another good one to search.]

    -CW

  22. [22] 
    Michale wrote:

    CW,

    OK, I've just got to take mercy on you. If you're looking for any sort of "Dems do it too" parallel about "attacking one's own" or a "circular firing squad," there is one and ONLY one obvious choice from the Obama inner circle (and it ain't Plouffe):

    Rahm Emanuel.

    Yea, yer right. Rahm is a MUCH better example of a Leftist Rove than Plouffe.

    Danke.. :D

    Michale....

  23. [23] 
    akadjian wrote:

    I am not arguing for ANY ideological position..

    I am simply pointing out the illogic of ya'all's arguments against the Right.

    I thought you wanted people to be more principled? How come you aren't talking about your principles lately?

    Interestingly enough, conservatives aren't either.

    Why don't you put your principles on the table and let's go. Quit hiding behind meaningless name calling.

    I never thought I'd say this but it seems quite cowardly. At least in the old days you'd come out swinging. If you say you believe in principles, let's see some.

    The principle I believe in is fair taxation.

    -David

  24. [24] 
    Michale wrote:

    I thought you wanted people to be more principled? How come you aren't talking about your principles lately?

    My principles are fine, thank you very much.. :D

    But if you find any of my principles contradicting, by all means. Do tell.. :D

    Why don't you put your principles on the table and let's go. Quit hiding behind meaningless name calling.

    See above.. :D

    "My soul is prepared, Dr Jones. How's yours?"
    -Hakim, INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE

    :D

    The principle I believe in is fair taxation.

    Apparently not. Because you don't cry foul when Corporate Interests who support Democrats skate..

    You don't cry foul when 1% Democrats have Cayman Island accounts....

    In short, you don't hold Democrats to the same standards that you hold Republicans.

    That is anything but "fair"...

    The difference between you and I is that I hold ALL politicians in disdain, regardless of Party..

    You only cap on Republicans...

    Don't believe me??

    Do you denigrate Democrats as much as I denigrate Republicans??

    Does ANYONE here??

    Nope...

    Michale

  25. [25] 
    akadjian wrote:

    But if you find any of my principles contradicting, by all means. Do tell.. :D

    They can't be contradictory if you don't have any :)

    Ok. You hold all politicians in disdain. Wow. That's bold. That's like saying "I believe the sun will rise tomorrow".

    Or like saying "politicians = politicians".

    Ok. You win. You've finally chosen a position so bland that hardly anyone will argue with you.

    Now you can bitch away forever and ever uselessly. Good for you!

    Do you denigrate Democrats as much as I denigrate Republicans?

    I'm not denigrating either Republicans or Democrats.

    I'm arguing that offering more tax breaks to the rich is a terrible idea. It's odd though that you seem to see this (or just about any positional argument for that matter) as an "attack".

    -David

  26. [26] 
    Michale wrote:

    Ok. You hold all politicians in disdain. Wow. That's bold. That's like saying "I believe the sun will rise tomorrow".

    Yet I am unique in that regard amongst Weigantians..

    The rank and file Weigantians say, "The sun WON'T rise tomorrow, but the MOON will..."

    I'm not denigrating either Republicans or Democrats.

    Oh come on, David! I may have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

    The entire raison d'être for CW.COM IS to denigrate Republicans and cheer on Democrats...

    I'm arguing that offering more tax breaks to the rich is a terrible idea.

    Yet you ONLY blame Republicans for it and give Democrats a pass over it..

    Slam the Democrats for doing the same thing you accuse the Republicans of doing...

    "You don't know the power of the Dark Side"

    :D

    Michale

  27. [27] 
    Michale wrote:

    The entire raison d'être for CW.COM IS to denigrate Republicans and cheer on Democrats...

    OK, that's not entirely accurate..

    But it's accurate to say that THAT is the reason for the existence of the FTPs...

    Michale

  28. [28] 
    akadjian wrote:

    The entire raison d'être for CW.COM IS to denigrate Republicans and cheer on Democrats.

    Chris could speak to this better than I, but I don't think this is very accurate.

    What I get out of Chris' site are viewpoints that you don't hear in the more corporate mainstream media. Especially historical perspectives (which I think are Chris' specialty.)

    This is simply because the type of writing Chris does is not typically "if it bleeds, it leads" type stories.

    From the FTP column specifically, Chris discusses how to position and fight for liberal principles in very concise terms.

    I really don't see much "denigration" here. Everyone seems pretty respectful.

    -David

  29. [29] 
    akadjian wrote:

    Can you point to an example of where anyone denigrates a Republican?

    Maybe this would help me understand.

  30. [30] 
    akadjian wrote:

    BTW ... if you think it's just about denigrating Republicans and cheering for Democrats and you don't like this ... why are you here?

    -David

  31. [31] 
    Michale wrote:

    Can you point to an example of where anyone denigrates a Republican?

    It would be a lot simpler and faster if I just point out the times ya'all DON'T denigrate Republicans....

    ...............

    Michale

  32. [32] 
    Michale wrote:

    From the FTP column specifically, Chris discusses how to position and fight for liberal principles in very concise terms.

    ... by denigrating and blaming Republicans...

    Do I honestly need to point out where???

    This is like the time ya'all claim that Democrats don't have a spending problem..

    Or like the time you claimed we should totally defund the US Military...

    I think yer just funnin' with me... :D

    Michale

  33. [33] 
    Michale wrote:

    I really don't see much "denigration" here. Everyone seems pretty respectful.

    Yes, towards each other, sure...

    But respectful of Boehner??? Ryan?? Rand?? Limbaugh???

    Shirley, you jest...

    Didn't you just recently call McCain a "d-bag"???

    If THAT is what you mean by "respectful" I would HATE to see what you call "nasty"... :D

    Michale

  34. [34] 
    Michale wrote:

    To put it into another context..

    If political affiliation was a protected class and we were all employers and our Weigantian leanings translated into our hiring practices, ya'all would be guilty of discrimination and I would not be...

    Well, to be fair, I would likely be as well, but to a MUCH lesser extent than ya'all...

    Try as ya'all might, it simply cannot be denied that I am MUCH less of a partisan than ya'all...

    Like I said above, when ya'all start slamming the Left as much as I slam the Right, then ya might have a point..

    But not until...

    Michale
    MFCCFL

  35. [35] 
    Michale wrote:

    Can you point to an example of where anyone denigrates a Republican?

    Marco Rubio and his infamous sip of water...

    And for THAT, I just had to reach back a couple days..

    Should I go further or do you see the point??

    Michale

  36. [36] 
    BashiBazouk wrote:

    It would be a lot simpler and faster if I just point out the times ya'all DON'T denigrate Republicans....

    Not so fast. How about a little comparison of the amount you denigrate Obama or the Democrats verses how much you denigrate republicans? I see long diatribes about the left and measly "well they do it too" mentions about the right. How is it exactly you are not just as guilty as those you accuse?

  37. [37] 
    Michale wrote:

    How about a little comparison of the amount you denigrate Obama or the Democrats verses how much you denigrate republicans?

    It would only be fair if it was compared to how much ya'all praise Democrats and denigrate Republicans..

    So, let's graph it out...

    MICHALE:

    Denigrates Democrats
    =============================================

    Denigrates Republicans
    =============================

    RANK AND FILE WEIGANTIANS:
    Denigrates Republicans
    =========================================================

    Denigrates Democrats
    =

    You see the point??

    When ya'alls graph on slamming Democrats come CLOSE to my graph on slamming Republicans, you MIGHT have an argument..

    Until then?? You don't...

    Michale

  38. [38] 
    BashiBazouk wrote:

    You see the point??

    No. I see a serious fudging of data.

    To use your nomenclature:

    MICHALE:

    Denigrates Democrats

    =========================

    Denigrates Republicans

    ==

    RANK AND FILE WEIGANTIANS:

    Denigrates Democrats

    ==

    Denigrates Republicans

    ============================

    Liberal blogs:

    Denigrates Republicans

    =============================================

    Conservative blogs:

    Denigrates Democrats

    ===================================================

    I see you slamming republicans in an exception makes the rule frequency. Saying their all equally bad doesn't count...

  39. [39] 
    Michale wrote:

    I see you slamming republicans in an exception makes the rule frequency. Saying their all equally bad doesn't count...

    The hell it don't...

    The facts support my position that politicians are equally bad..

    It's only blind faith, ideological servitude and emotionalism that supports ya'alls argument that Democrats are better than Republicans...

    Which is why we can never have a real discussion about how to FIX the problems.

    Because ya'all refuse to accept what the REAL problem is...

    Michale

  40. [40] 
    Michale wrote:

    Which is why we can never have a real discussion about how to FIX the problems.

    Because ya'all refuse to accept what the REAL problem is...

    I might as well be debating with fanatical religious nuts about the existence of god...

    There can't be any meaningful discussion as long as ya'alls argument is based on faith and not facts..

    Michale

  41. [41] 
    Michale wrote:

    I might as well be debating with fanatical religious nuts about the existence of god...

    Which isn't to say that I think ya'all are fanatical religious nuts. :D

    But let's face facts.. Ya'all are extremely biased in favor of Democrats to the exclusion of reality...

    :D

    Michale

  42. [42] 
    akadjian wrote:

    So in your world Michale, fair is 50/50 denigration of Republicans and Democrats ... no matter what either side does or believes in.

    This is ridiculous.

    Bad decisions are bad decisions.

    And a philosophy that leads to bad decisions is a bad philosophy.

    And when its clear that one side makes more bad decisions than the other because of their philosophy, they don't deserve additional credit.

    When one side has led us into 2 worthless, costly wars and wrecked our economy and continues to recommend the same philosophy, I'm sorry, but that side deserves what the public thinks about them.

    Weighting things purely based on a silly 50/50 calculation is ridiculous. It would be like comparing Herbert Hoover and Abraham Lincoln and saying you have to say 50% good about each of them.

    Should we have to say equal good things and bad things about everyone?

    Despite how poorly they perform? Are you one of those people who think everyone should get an 'A' in school?

    -David

  43. [43] 
    akadjian wrote:

    BTW, I don't think anyone here who knows you is buying your "I'm unbiased" argument.

    You've firmly supported just about every right wing piece of nutjobia from Obama's birth certificate to Benghazi to Herman Cain to the poor are poor because they're lazy (Romney's 47% comment).

    You may have yourself convinced, but your history seems to argue otherwise.

    -David

Comments for this article are closed.
[Powered by WordPress]